Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599078 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 6:58pm On Oct 15, 2015
Hi Ethan,

I don't want to read and run away. I am not sure but I think you will be required to provide medicals for your wife whether she will be accompaning you or not. Hence, I think her medical result will have an implication on the success of your application.

You can apply and attach a LOE indicating she will not be joining until she finishes her treatment. I believe that's the best you can do.

Please wait for comments from other members as I am not sure.
oluwaethan:

I need help please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 7:34pm On Oct 15, 2015
Demiyike:

FSW 2014 is different from express entry . He was not nominated by any province. In the generic form that he filled he was asked to filled the province he wants to stay and in filled Ontario . He can decide to stay any where since he is going through the FSW route and not the PNP route which tends to restrict one. Also once h gets his COPR his destination will be written as Ontario but note that it's where he lands first that will be is Point of entry . So if he takes a flight and the flight had a stop over at Calgary, he gets down and goes through customs Calgary will be where he will get his landing details down not Ontario . Thats the beauty of FSW you can go and land anywhere except Montreal

But I asked if he has received his PPR and he said no so I assumed his FSW 2014 didn't go through and now he wants to apply for express entry. I am aware that if you have PR you can live in any express.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 8:11pm On Oct 15, 2015
oluwaethan:
Hello everyone,

My name is Ethan and I have a pertinent issue and I was directed here by someone to get a solution.

I applied for Permanent Residence is Canada but the medicals show that my wife has Active TB which might render us inadmissible until it is treated by Canadian standards. And that is going to take some time. We did not plan for this. We thought we could be in Canada by year end.

I have discussed with my wife and I want to know if I can send them a mail to say that I will be emigrating alone which should allow them to proceed with the application to finalization. Once I have there, I could file for my wife to join me once she has gone through the medical procedures to have the TB treated.

Can that be done.

I need help.

Ethan

Unfortunately regardless of if she's accompanying you or not she'll need to do the medical exams and if she's found inadmissible because of her medicals then it would also affect you. My advice would be that you should wait until she's been cleared of the TB.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:43pm On Oct 15, 2015
cheesy grin cheesy @bolded

Congratulations!!!!
zandora:

Firstly I'm not a guy cheesy

Application - May 08 2015
Medical Passed - May 15 2015
Decision Made - October 08 2015
PPR - October 15 2015

IELTS - W 7, R 7.5, L 8 & S 9
Master's
Age undecided (old enough for your family to be pestering you to get married - not above 30)
Single
Work experience - 3 years

That's all I guess.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oluwaethan: 9:13pm On Oct 15, 2015
dupyshoo:
Hi Ethan,

I don't want to read and run away. I am not sure but I think you will be required to provide medicals for your wife whether she will be accompaning you or not. Hence, I think her medical result will have an implication on the success of your application.

You can apply and attach a LOE indicating she will not be joining until she finishes her treatment. I believe that's the best you can do.

Please wait for comments from other members as I am not sure.

Dupyshoo,

I cannot thank you enough. She has done the medicals already. And because I do not want her condition to affect the whole family, I wanted to exclude her and file for her later when I have settled in Canada. What will be the implication?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oluwaethan: 9:15pm On Oct 15, 2015
zandora:

Unfortunately regardless of if she's accompanying you or not she'll need to do the medical exams and if she's found inadmissible because of her medicals then it would also affect you. My advice would be that you should wait until she's been cleared of the TB.

She has done the medicals already.What if I exclude her and file for her later when I have settled in Canada. What will be the implication?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bunni12: 9:18pm On Oct 15, 2015
zandora:

Firstly I'm not a guy cheesy

Application - May 08 2015
Medical Passed - May 15 2015
Decision Made - October 08 2015
PPR - October 15 2015

IELTS - W 7, R 7.5, L 8 & S 9
Master's
Age undecided (old enough for your family to be pestering you to get married - not above 30)
Single
Work experience - 3 years

That's all I guess.

Oh!!! I didn't have any doubt u are a lady.The name and the way you answer the questions.No doubt at all.

Wowzers @S9.U must have impressed the hell out of the examiner!!
Congratulations again and all the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:22pm On Oct 15, 2015
December 2014 fswp aplicants...wetin dey nau?
Seems AVO has slowed down....any updates?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:21pm On Oct 15, 2015
Hi Ethan,

I think once you mention that you have a spouse, you will have to provide the medical details for her. To confirm this, once you get Invitation to Apply, indicate that your wife will not be accompanying you and see if you will be asked to submit her medicals. If you don't have to, then all well and good.
However, if you have to submit her medicals, all you can do is to write a Letter of Explanation and hope for the best.

oluwaethan:

Dupyshoo,

I cannot thank you enough. She has done the medicals already. And because I do not want her condition to affect the whole family, I wanted to exclude her and file for her later when I have settled in Canada. What will be the implication?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 10:24pm On Oct 15, 2015
Congrats Zandora, best wishes for the future.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 10:43pm On Oct 15, 2015
oluwaethan:

She has done the medicals already.What if I exclude her and file for her later when I have settled in Canada. What will be the implication?

Thank you.

Like I said, even if she isn't going to accompany you she'll still need to pass the medicals. The only option you have is to wait till she's cleared her medicals.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cutesammie(m): 1:31am On Oct 16, 2015
I was single when I created my EE profile and I managed to rake up a little above 400 points, a score that never increase lol. Along the line, I got married and I added my spouse to my application today. Surprisingly, I watched my score shrink to a little above 370!! WTF? I guess it's because they want to force her to do both credential assessment and language test, then my score will shoot up again. I think I will visit Canada to look for job when I am really ready for this EE thingy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 1:40am On Oct 16, 2015
cutesammie:
I was single when I created my EE profile and I managed to rake up a little above 400 points, a score that never increase lol. Along the line, I got married and I added my spouse to my application today. Surprisingly, I watched my score shrink to a little above 370!! WTF? I guess it's because they want to force her to do both credential assessment and language test, then my score will shoot up again. I think I will visit Canada to look for job when I am really ready for this EE thingy.

Noo, don't give up! Besides how are you going to find a job in Canada with a visiting visa? You can apply for a Provincial nomination as most provinces will open to new applicants from January next year.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 1:41am On Oct 16, 2015
bunni12:

Oh!!! I didn't have any doubt u are a lady.The name and the way you answer the questions.No doubt at all.

Wowzers @S9.U must have impressed the hell out of the examiner!!
Congratulations again and all the best!

What way? lol.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oluwaethan: 6:49am On Oct 16, 2015
oluwaethan:

Thank you.

Thank you so much @Zandora and Dupyshoo.

I applied under the FSW 2014 stream and we have all gone through the medicals. And her results came out as having active TB. In order not to render both of us inadmissible, I would want to exclude her by saying she would not be accompanying and then file for her to join me once I settle there. That will be better than both of us being refused the visa after all this wahala and waiting for so long. Not to mention the amount of money spent on this.

I want to know if this is possible and what the implication(s) would be.

Good morning to you all.

Ethan.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by emmanuel07: 7:00am On Oct 16, 2015
Zandora thanks for your reply but i left out one vital information, my wife is 40years old and i believe that may count against as well. can you well again estimate what her CRS score will based her IELTS result; 8: 8: 7: 7. listening is 8. thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cutesammie(m): 7:25am On Oct 16, 2015
zandora:

Noo, don't give up! Besides how are you going to find a job in Canada with a visiting visa? You can apply for a Provincial nomination as most provinces will open to new applicants from January next year.

Thanks Zandora. I won't give up smiley I have two quick questions and I will be glad if you can answer them. I am strategising of ways to rake up more scores without breaking the bank but all the means will cost me fire. Lol

Quick rewind to 2008, I served in a bank for a year but I did not include that in my EE profile because I thought NYSC might not be considered as a full-time job. Can I include that in my Application? Since I am based in Europe, I only included my 2 years European working experience. How much additional score can I have if my work experience changes from 2 to 3 years?

Furthermore, my current work experience falls under NOC 2281 but if It's possible to add my NYSC which was done in a bank, then it will fall under a completely different NOC (I was a customer service officer). Does that matter? Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 11:04am On Oct 16, 2015
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

@emmanuel07 that's the link

emmanuel07:
Zandora thanks for your reply but i left out one vital information, my wife is 40years old and i believe that may count against as well. can you well again estimate what her CRS score will based her IELTS result; 8: 8: 7: 7. listening is 8. thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:05am On Oct 16, 2015
oluwaethan:

Thank you so much @Zandora and Dupyshoo.

I applied under the FSW 2014 stream and we have all gone through the medicals. And her results came out as having active TB. In order not to render both of us inadmissible, I would want to exclude her by saying she would not be accompanying and then file for her to join me once I settle there. That will be better than both of us being refused the visa after all this wahala and waiting for so long. Not to mention the amount of money spent on this.

I want to know if this is possible and what the implication(s) would be.

Good morning to you all.

Ethan.

Like I've said time and time again, you can't exclude her. Medicals are compulsory for the family so if she's rendered inadmissible because of her medicals then so would you. The good news is that she hasn't been rendered inadmissible yet but has been told to undergo further examinations therefore you have no choice but to wait.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:09am On Oct 16, 2015
cutesammie:

Thanks Zandora. I won't give up smiley I have two quick questions and I will be glad if you can answer them. I am strategising of ways to rake up more scores without breaking the bank but all the means will cost me fire. Lol

Quick rewind to 2008, I served in a bank for a year but I did not include that in my EE profile because I thought NYSC might not be considered as a full-time job. Can I include that in my Application? Since I am based in Europe, I only included my 2 years European working experience. How much additional score can I have if my work experience changes from 2 to 3 years?

Furthermore, my current work experience falls under NOC 2281 but if It's possible to add my NYSC which was done in a bank, then it will fall under a completely different NOC (I was a customer service officer). Does that matter? Thanks in advance.

Yes you can use your NYSC experience however unfortunately Customer Service Officer is not skilled work as it falls under NOC code 6551 which is skill level C hence you can't use this experience.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by emmanuel07: 1:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
thanks for the link. unfortunately her CRS is 408, which i believe will not take us through. what of the PNP, can we be invited or we will need to apply?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 2:31pm On Oct 16, 2015
emmanuel07:
thanks for the link. unfortunately her CRS is 408, which i believe will not take us through. what of the PNP, can we be invited or we will need to apply?

You will need to apply for the PNP, most provinces would begin accepting applications beginning of next year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 2:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
Our (hubby and i) status on WES page is showing "Waiting for verification from institution", but our transcripts have not been dispatched to WES by the institutions. The only document WES has received from us is our certificates. Is it possible they are going ahead with the evaluation with just certificates and without our transcripts?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by snowhity85: 5:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
Plz guys I need an explanation with this pnp stuff especially for Ainp comes January, what r d requirements?what is d first step and at what point will one pay that money.plz plz do reply n thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 5:21pm On Oct 16, 2015
snowhity85:
Plz guys I need an explanation with this pnp stuff especially for Ainp comes January, what r d requirements?what is d first step and at what point will one pay that money.plz plz do reply n thanks in advance.

You will need to visit their website as they are the only ones who have authorized information.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oluwaethan: 5:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
Dear Forum,

I have another question.

Does someone become medically inadmissible if he/she is diagnosed to be HIV positive?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 8:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
Hi Ethan,

TB is a lot different from HIV. TB will become inactive after proper treatment. So, you should focus on getting treatment for your wife immediately after which you can both get your PPR.

oluwaethan:

Dupyshoo,

Baba God richly bless you.

I just saw this in the article. "Some provinces pay 100% of HIV drug costs (e.g., BC) while others (e.g., ON) do not"

So can I change my province to BC from Ontario since medications are provided free of charge?

And how will that affect my application.

The application is still in process (eCAS status)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oluwaethan: 9:32pm On Oct 16, 2015
dupyshoo:
Hi Ethan,

TB is a lot different from HIV. TB will become inactive after proper treatment. So, you should focus on getting treatment for your wife immediately after which you can both get your PPR.

Dupyshoo,

I have been away to handle some jobs since submitting ourselves from the medicals.

I just got to know the worse as well.

That is why I asked about HIV too.

I really need help. If it is possible to switch my province to BC that would be great because from what I read in the article treatment is free and so CIC cannot say that treatment will be excessive demand on the medical system.

I need help.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.