Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2604294 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 3:53pm On Apr 22, 2016
Sera4:

Thank you so much @dupyshoo!! God bless you!!
Ive done exactly what you advised and i searched and got the email on their website. so now i wait hear from them. Any idea how long it takes to respond to mails sent?

Hi dupyshoo. Can I have your email addy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zuriel2016: 4:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
beyunce:

32 points for clb 10 if your spouse is accompanying you if not. It's 34
Clb 9 31 without spouse 29 with spouse

Check
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

Thanks I understand that bit,
my question really is how to sum up the point, are points allocated for each individual section? i.e L,R,S and W , or a score allocated based on the lowest band obtained
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
ZannyShasha:

Pls house, Still waiting for answers. Kindly assist

what agency did you evaluate your Law degree with and what was the equivalency statement?....coz all you need might be a few changes not PNP.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimaXYZ: 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
ZannyShasha:

Pls house, Still waiting for answers. Kindly assist

You can explore the PNP route. That should be fine.

Alternatively, let us know the variables that gave you the 449 and then we can better advise.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:59pm On Apr 22, 2016
Hi,

I have sent you a PM

Beem4cupid:

Hi dupyshoo. Can I have your email addy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by harlyon(m): 8:14am On Apr 23, 2016
I m interested in moving over to canada.I really don't have any tertiary degrees like BSC,HND etc.I have 4 yrs experience as an IT Support Officer in Nigeria and South Africa. All I have is Microsoft IT certifications and a certificate in Computer science...- I heard abt evaluation of certificates..do I send all my certifications to them for evaluation? I need advice guys
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teehey: 1:04pm On Apr 23, 2016
Gd day my great people, pls while signing up for job bank, I was asked to provide Job seeker validation code and express entry profile no. Please how do I get the two. Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 1:38pm On Apr 23, 2016
harlyon:
I m interested in moving over to canada.I really don't have any tertiary degrees like BSC,HND etc.I have 4 yrs experience as an IT Support Officer in Nigeria and South Africa. All I have is Microsoft IT certifications and a certificate in Computer science...- I heard abt evaluation of certificates..do I send all my certifications to them for evaluation? I need advice guys

That won't fly with Canada. If your English language is flawless, you may try Australia. Australia's ACS equate some certifications as diploma which can fetch you 10 points. But you would need to ACE your ielts to stand a chance, I.e a minimum score of 8 across all modules.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2016
Good day all. Is it true that immigrants are expected to pay one year rent at a go in Canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2016
This simply means you have not registered in cic website for your express entry profile. First step is creating an EE profile on cic website. Upon completing all sections it will generate your EE profile number and job seeker validation code for you. Without cdeatinGyour EE profile its not possible to register with the job bank.

teehey:
Gd day my great people, pls while signing up for job bank, I was asked to provide Job seeker validation code and express entry profile no. Please how do I get the two. Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Emilo(m): 8:30pm On Apr 23, 2016
Dear All,

How can one secure a job in Canada. I have created a profile and my CRS is 356, with a job i can get additional 600 points. Is there a way of getting an employer in Canada to assist in providing a LIMA approved job?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:24pm On Apr 23, 2016
Emilo:
Dear All,

How can one secure a job in Canada. I have created a profile and my CRS is 356, with a job i can get additional 600 points. Is there a way of getting an employer in Canada to assist in providing a LIMA approved job?

It's almost impossible to get an LMIA approved job from outside of Canada, except your skill is one that is crucial and very difficult to find within Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by justicia: 9:57pm On Apr 23, 2016
Etfash:
Good day all. Is it true that immigrants are expected to pay one year rent at a go in Canada?
No. That's not true. You only sign a one yr lease or even less and the u pay monthly for the duration of the lease signed. That's it. but most landlords collect first and last month rent when u sign the lease and then u pay monthly for the months in-between. I am a tenant/student in Toronto. So this is first hand information. hope this helps.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ZannyShasha: 11:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
iphie25:

what agency did you evaluate your Law degree with and what was the equivalency statement?....coz all you need might be a few changes not PNP.

I just sent out my docs to WES but I used the CRS tool on yhe CIC site to rate myself. I have a Masters so I chose that level of education. How does this affect me, pls?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ZannyShasha: 11:30pm On Apr 23, 2016
chimaXYZ:

You can explore the PNP route. That should be fine.

Alternatively, let us know the variables that gave you the 449 and then we can better advise.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ZannyShasha: 11:32pm On Apr 23, 2016
Kindly review and revert pls. I need to explore all angles and make the right decision. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 5:41am On Apr 24, 2016
justicia:
No. That's not true. You only sign a one yr lease or even less and the u pay monthly for the duration of the lease signed. That's it. but most landlords collect first and last month rent when u sign the lease and then u pay monthly for the months in-between. I am a tenant/student in Toronto. So this is first hand information. hope this helps.

Thank you so much - you are a darling. I am relieved.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:54am On Apr 24, 2016
ZannyShasha:
Kindly review and revert pls. I need to explore all angles and make the right decision. Thank you so much.

Having sent your qualifications to WES for assessment, I think you should concentrate more on getting high scores in your IELTS for now.

Have you created your EE profile? You should also encourage your hubby to take the IELTS too so that you can earn marks from that side too.

There is a thread for IELTS. See below

https://www.nairaland.com/2426588/preparing-ielts-get-here
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by harlyon(m): 10:51am On Apr 24, 2016
irondome:

That won't fly with Canada. If your English language is flawless, you may try Australia. Australia's ACS equate some certifications as diploma which can fetch you 10 points. But you would need to ACE your ielts to stand a chance, I.e a minimum score of 8 across all modules.

How do mean if my English is flawless? Can you throw more light on that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 12:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
harlyon:

How do mean if my English is flawless? Can you throw more light on that

He probably means you should ace every module of your IELTS exam.

Meanwhile, assuming I secure provincial nomination as a single. If my marital status changes afterwards ( just before I apply to CIC, but after my nomination), does my spouse need a credential assessment and/or IELTS test result?

Attention: JesusDWay, Irondome, Zandora, Justicia et.,al.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ucjc: 5:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
I am interested in moving to Canada with my family, my hubby and I are both university graduates from Nigeria. I don't really know how to go about it can someone please help me here. Thanks cool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
ucjc:
I am interested in moving to Canada with my family, my hubby and I are both university graduates from Nigeria. I don't really know how to go about it can someone please help me here. Thanks cool

Take time to read through the first few pages of this thread, especially the first page. You will get most of the information that you require.

Thereafter, you can now ask specific questions if still necessary.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 6:32pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hello people, Please I am experiencing difficulty completing my SINP profile. I cant seem to find where to upload my settlement plan and POF documents. Can someone please help me out? images below are what I can only see in both my profile home page and profile upload sections. please advice me on what do gurus. undecided

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 6:45pm On Apr 24, 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 8:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
morgan2006:
Hello people, Please I am experiencing difficulty completing my SINP profile. I cant seem to find where to upload my settlement plan and POF documents. Can someone please help me out? images below are what I can only see in both my profile home page and profile upload sections. please advice me on what do gurus. undecided

Hey,

Use the check for completeness button.

You should see ''move to next stage of application screen''.

Step 2 of this is ''settlement funds, settlement plan screens''.

SINP PNP application is cumbersome but it makes you well prepared for CIC when you get ITA.

Let me know if it worked....I heard it may open again before June. So upload everything and be set!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 8:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
Thanks so much @superchi. it worked. #grateful

superchi:

Hey,

Use the check for completeness button.

You should see ''move to next stage of application screen''.

Step 2 of this is ''settlement funds, settlement plan screens''.

SINP PNP application is cumbersome but it makes you well prepared for CIC when you get ITA.

Let me know if it worked....I heard it may open again before June. So upload everything and be set!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Mystytkay: 9:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hi Zandora/Jesusdway/House,
I have a bachelors degree and I was 29 when I applied yet my score was 367, with my wife and I writing IELTS and WES verified our first degree results; my IELTS result is Speaking-6.5 Writing-6.0 Listening-8.0 Reading-9.0 while she had an aggregate of 6.0.
Kindly advice on what I can do boost my score to add about 100 points.
Will relationship in Canada do me any good at all?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Loka0512: 9:30pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hello All, This thread has given me some nice ideas about immigrating to Canada. I am just starting the process at the moment and wanted to find out how much money should be in my account and for how long does the money have to stay before i can apply. I am applying with my wife and son.

Your advice will be highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:51pm On Apr 24, 2016
You lost about 35 points due to age. Is your spouse younger and has up to 3 year experience and MSc. too? If yes, then your spouse might be better as the primary applicant. If not, then you should probably look at PNP route.
ZannyShasha:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:59pm On Apr 24, 2016
For a family of 3, you are required to show CAD$18,617. Although, you are only required to have the money in your account at the time you will be submitting your application, you will be told to provide average balance of your account for the past 6 months. This is to find out if you had borrowed the money.

Loka0512:
Hello All, This thread has given me some nice ideas about immigrating to Canada. I am just starting the process at the moment and wanted to find out how much money should be in my account and for how long does the money have to stay before i can apply. I am applying with my wife and son.

Your advice will be highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.