Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2602988 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 10:27am On Apr 19, 2016
bicmitchum:

I sent my documents to WES for evaluation and currently the status is that they are awaiting verification from my school. However, I contacted an insider in my school's records office who claimed they have replied WES. This is like 1 month ago, yet no update on the WES website. I also wrote WES to inform them that my school has gotten back, yet their claim is that they haven't heard from my school.
Is there a way I can solve this?
The status has been reading "awaiting verification from institution" for more than 2 months now.

Hey,

I had same experience. I even waited longer say 6 months!

This is what I did to solve it.

I informed WES to send the verification letter to my school again.

Earlier, I'd contacted someone in my school to be on the lookout. WES did resent it and my contact tracked it when it got to my school. So I arranged and paid to DHL the response. All these happened within 4 weeks and my WES was complete!

Try it and I hope it works for you.

Goodluck!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:47am On Apr 19, 2016
There are 2 options: tell your school to resend the verification or tell WES to resend the email to them.
It will be faster to go with option 1 though.

bicmitchum:

I sent my documents to WES for evaluation and currently the status is that they are awaiting verification from my school. However, I contacted an insider in my school's records office who claimed they have replied WES. This is like 1 month ago, yet no update on the WES website. I also wrote WES to inform them that my school has gotten back, yet their claim is that they haven't heard from my school.
Is there a way I can solve this?
The status has been reading "awaiting verification from institution" for more than 2 months now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ssemire(f): 10:52am On Apr 19, 2016
Hi dupsyshoo. Have you got your passport back? How long did it take.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by folabim(f): 11:21am On Apr 19, 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:23am On Apr 19, 2016
Not yet. I sent it less than a week ago.

ssemire:
Hi dupsyshoo. Have you got your passport back? How long did it take.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
My learned ppl,been trying to get my head around the entire process.Is this hw it goes?1.Ielts and Wes
2.fill the fsw to get into the pool(minimum of 67pts)
3.Have abt 470 CRM pts in d pool
4.If pts not up to 470..try to get a provincial nomination
My ppl is this brief analogy right?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Momoluwa: 1:36pm On Apr 19, 2016
I believe cutoff will reduc. If you observe, the ITA issued at the last draw was below 1000; unusual and unexpected. CIC expects to invite more people this year, and if they keep at high scores they would not meet up. I'm optimistic the cutoff will reduce. Scores as high as 450-460 is too high to go to waste.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 2:47pm On Apr 19, 2016
Momoluwa:
I believe cutoff will reduc. If you observe, the ITA issued at the last draw was below 1000; unusual and unexpected. CIC expects to invite more people this year, and if they keep at high scores they would not meet up. I'm optimistic the cutoff will reduce. Scores as high as 450-460 is too high to go to waste.

I think people are getting smarter with Express Entry. They'll come into the pool with high marks and that gives them a better chance to get ITA. Remember, this thing is global for everyone who is interested in coming to Canada. If you are under 29, ace your IELTS and add a masters. For people above this age, start looking at PNP. About 5,000 applicants enter the EE pool every month. So let's use empirical data to guide our action and get it through on time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2016
Hello House. Below is a link to all the dates for Information Session for NewBrunswick. I think it might be worth the cost..Almost like Can$1500...smile.
http://livinginnb.ca/

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ZannyShasha: 11:16pm On Apr 19, 2016
superchi:

I think people are getting smarter with Express Entry. They'll come into the pool with high marks and that gives them a better chance to get ITA. Remember, this thing is global for everyone who is interested in coming to Canada. If you are under 29, ace your IELTS and add a masters. For people above this age, start looking at PNP. About 5,000 applicants enter the EE pool every month. So let's use empirical data to guide our action and get it through on time.

Wow...really?
So we don't stand a chance then based on age?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ZannyShasha: 11:19pm On Apr 19, 2016
Pls gurus, I just used the CRS tool and my score was 449... What can I do to increase it?

Alternatively, should we just bone this EE and pursue PNP?
Considering I'm a lawyer, if we go the PNP route, can it possibly favour us?
Any one here on info about PNP or we should forge ahead with EE...do we really stand a chance?

Thank y'all so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 11:50pm On Apr 19, 2016
chimaXYZ:

That won't be bad.
You can also reference the Central Bank website.
Cheers!

Finally e-APR submitted and AOR received. Now the waiting begins....... Thanks to everyone who has been a blessing to us on this forum. God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cecegal: 6:18am On Apr 20, 2016
Hello Doggy,

This NB thingy is confusing as i assume neither of our profession matches the requirements,Hubby is the PA and an Engineer[Oil and gas],am basically a customer service/Admin person i dont think this falls into any of the criteria.

Secondly,I find this question a little bit confusing kindly expantiate if you can: Are you a professional in the following and you did not start the process of certification in New Brunswick:

Thirdly,When you said it cost about 1500 CAD i assume you were joking since their PNP is about 250CAD

Thanks for the response.

Doggys:
Hello House. Below is a link to all the dates for Information Session for NewBrunswick. I think it might be worth the cost..Almost like Can$1500...smile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cecegal: 6:32am On Apr 20, 2016
Hello house,

Thank you so much to everyone here supporting and encouraging one another via sharing of information,guiding,praying and encouraging its an amazing job you are all doing giving so much of your time.

I have been a silent reader for a couple of months now,Please if anyone has gone through the process of getting a University of Calabar transcript and verification i will be super glad to read from you.

Lastly,I assume Alberta does not roll with the PNP thingy please correct me if am wrong as i have been to their site and cannot find any useful guide for foreigners theirs seemed to be geared towards people already living in Alberta. We definitely have to go the PNP route Hubby is the PA[On basis of highest educational qualification]B.sc EE,Msc,Oil and gas,Finding a province that suits us is one of our major challenges now,useful suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 6:46am On Apr 20, 2016
bubsykay:

Finally e-APR submitted and AOR received. Now the waiting begins....... Thanks to everyone who has been a blessing to us on this forum. God bless you all

Congrats...ko easy wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Sera4: 7:24am On Apr 20, 2016
@dupyshoo Thank you.
However, I have checked the checked the page of my transmitted documents but there was no where to upload any additional documents. the funnny thing is that they requested additional documents before this and i was able to upload and send. So, you can imagine my surprise, in not finding any link to upload this newly requested updated pof. i was wondering if the visa office preferred courier. but since you think its a technical glitch, maybe it is....Do u still think i should send by CSE?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 20, 2016
superchi:

Hey,

I had same experience. I even waited longer say 6 months!

This is what I did to solve it.

I informed WES to send the verification letter to my school again.

Earlier, I'd contacted someone in my school to be on the lookout. WES did resent it and my contact tracked it when it got to my school. So I arranged and paid to DHL the response. All these happened within 4 weeks and my WES was complete!

Try it and I hope it works for you.

Goodluck!
Thanks. This is a great idea I wanna try.
So, WES sends paper verification request? or email? or both? And what should they be on the look out for, if I wanna inform my school?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:17am On Apr 20, 2016
Hiyah,

Do these 3 things:
1. Send the required POF via CSE and let them know that there was no place to upload the POF
2. From your MyCIC account, click on "report technical issue" on the top of your profile page and report the issue.
3. Send an email to cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca with the POF as attachment to let them know that a new POF was requested with no place to upload it. This will work if your visa office is Ottawa. You will need to include your name, date of birth, category of immigration and AOR date in the body of the email.
Who requested for the document? Was it Ottawa VO or Accra VO? Have you requested for GCMS note before? If you have, you will know where your application is being processed. If it is being processed in Accra, then you need to send the email to Accra VO. Unfortunately, I don't have the Accra VO email address

Sera4:
@dupyshoo Thank you.

However, I have checked the checked the page of my
transmitted documents but there was no where to
upload any additional documents. the funnny
thing is that they requested additional
documents before this and i was able to upload
and send. So, you can imagine my surprise, in
not finding any link to upload this newly
requested updated pof.
i was wondering if the visa office preferred
courier. but since you think its a technical glitch,
maybe it is....Do u still think i should send by
CSE?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by muyiwaojo1(m): 9:34am On Apr 20, 2016
Hello house, please as regards POF, I have a savings account that reads above 500k naira every month. Although, I have an uncle that promised that he's going to assist us with the total required money ($15k+) as soon as we need it or ready to move. My question is do I need to submit my savings account statement that reads 500k above every month in the last 4 months? Or I don't need to submit any statement of account until I have the total requested funds. I'm really confused here...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 9:42am On Apr 20, 2016
muyiwaojo1:
Hello house, please as regards POF, I have a savings account that reads above 500k naira every month. Although, I have an uncle that promised that he's going to assist us with the total required money ($15k+) as soon as we need it or ready to move. My question is do I need to submit my savings account statement that reads 500k above every month in the last 4 months? Or I don't need to submit any statement of account until I have the total requested funds. I'm really confused here...

The visa officer wants to see the required amount in your statement of account. So you might have to wait till its complete before collecting statement.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 10:58am On Apr 20, 2016
Hello there,

Please what is the benefit of this information session? does it count as points while calculating ur CRS points? is it a guarantee to be nominated by the organising province? Can it be attended online or one needs to travel to the session location?

Doggys:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 2:03pm On Apr 20, 2016
bicmitchum:

Thanks. This is a great idea I wanna try.
So, WES sends paper verification request? or email? or both? And what should they be on the look out for, if I wanna inform my school?

WES will send regular paper mail (Letter) to your school. They should check mails received from the Post office.

You, the applicant, will be notified by email that a letter has be sent to your school.

Hope this helps?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by protutor: 2:44pm On Apr 20, 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by protutor: 2:45pm On Apr 20, 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 3:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Slydsolutions(m): 3:58pm On Apr 20, 2016
Hello House,

I'm having issues paying for WES evaluation.
Any idea on how to pay with Moneygram.

Using the debit card option with this FX isssh is giving me worry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 5:02pm On Apr 20, 2016
britiko:
@irondome

This is against your analysis of 10%.

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/04/express-entry-exclusive-increasing-number-candidates-canada-selected-immigration-047801.html
I just thought to share with you.

If only you would stop quoting the article out of context my friend? The opening paragraph clearly stated that " Based on all reports provided thus far, we can confirm that the number of candidates in the pool residing[b] outside Canada[/b] who received Invitations to Apply (ITAs) for permanent residence in the latter half of 2015 increased significantly"

If you had meticulously followed ALL the draws made by IRCC last year, you would know that IRCC made several 450 draws
in the last 4 months (September of 2015), which never happened in the first 7 months. So, as the draw point dipped, more outlanders who couldn't muster point above 450+ region got drawn. Likewise, for as long as the draw points stayed high in the first 7 months, the Inlanders were favored as the more qualified among them got points equivalent to the Canadian degree and local work experience.

Bringing that home to the trend this year, with the points hovering around 470, Inlanders are still more favored as it's extremely difficult for outlanders to hit that score. And if the PGWP guys get unrealistic and demand for special points for education because they have a Canadian Masters (which would see a fellow with PG degree from a tiny college in Canadian get higher score than degrees from world's top ranking Universities like Harvard, Cambridge, Duke, etc), the number of 470+ pointers would increase. With more Inlanders hitting 470+, outlanders would perpetually be relegated to the pool.

In summary, the EE is still currently skewed to favor the Inlanders, and any PGWP holder that has failed to realize this, is "being an ostrich". Even if IRCC gratify their unrealistic demand that allocate all PR slots to PGWP; only a fraction of them (PGWP guys) would still get the PR (as PR can't cover the number of PGWP holders). What would they do next? Call for IRCC to increase the PR quota?

Bottom line, IRCC has not promised any PGWP holder any PR. Let them make use of the available path to PR, same way the outlanders are hurtling for migration points writing tests here and there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 5:02pm On Apr 20, 2016
Slydsolutions:
Hello House,

I'm having issues paying for WES evaluation.
Any idea on how to pay with Moneygram.

Using the debit card option with this FX isssh is giving me worry

Does your worry have anything to do with rate or limitations on card?

B'cos you can use GTB mastercard. Monthly limit is $1000.

The amount for evaluation is less than this. So it should work if the limit has not been exceeded on the card.

Hope this helps?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Slydsolutions(m): 5:10pm On Apr 20, 2016
It's actually about the rates... these banks have crazy rates.
That's why I'm opting for Moneygram

superchi:

Does your worry have anything to do with rate or limitations on card?

B'cos you can use GTB mastercard. Monthly limit is $1000.

The amount for evaluation is less than this. So it should work if the limit has not been exceeded on the card.

Hope this helps?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 5:19pm On Apr 20, 2016
Momoluwa:

Not entirely true, the last 2-3 draws have been 1000 number of ITAs. Specifically, all the draws after IRCC released their Plans/target for the year, has been around 1000 number ITAs. If you perused the plan critically, you would notice a significant reduction in number of Skilled (PR) visa they plan to issue this year. Apparently, the liberal government favored the family class and refugees (as their quota for the year increased)

Putting all these together, it's less likely (not impossible) that IRCC would increase the number of ITAs per draw. Because of the reduced quota and the backlog on the old paper applications, IRCC can continue to draw 1000 ITA and still meet their target for the year.

Whether the score would come down depends of the number of applicants in the pool with high score.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 20, 2016
superchi:

WES will send regular paper mail (Letter) to your school. They should check mails received from the Post office.

You, the applicant, will be notified by email that a letter has be sent to your school.

Hope this helps?
Thanks. I called the contact in my school's record office today. She said they did receive a paper mail, but the sent the verification by email. She claims that's how they have always done it. You think WES is not acknowledging their email and wants a paper reply instead?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Slydsolutions(m): 6:02am On Apr 21, 2016
Good morning house,

Please, who ha used Moneygram to make payment for either WES or any of the payments eg PPR
Kindly help out. Please share how.

Slydsolutions:
It's actually about the rates... these banks have crazy rates.
That's why I'm opting for Moneygram

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.