Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605295 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 5:19am On Jul 20, 2016
bigfido:
hi guys,

did anyone go for NBPNP information session in Dubai or Abu-Dhabi?

did you get ITA?

please brief us
I will be attending today. Will surely brief the house on the outcome.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 9:05am On Jul 20, 2016
beyunce:

Did you call them?
If you have not called.
You will have to write a formal request then call them to confirm they received your new transcript with the correct age

Thanks I checked my account on wes and it says file under review, I called them and they said the same..they also advise I should not use the old one ..but am just wondering why it should take so long. Because its not a new report and i dont think a new verification is needed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 10:24am On Jul 20, 2016
GM everyone! I'm sorry for not been active here for a while and I would like to say thank you to the GURUS that has kept the forum alive by providing necessary information and assistance to all of us here. To the glory of God we received PPR Yesterday: Please find below our timeline.

ITA: 24th Feb
AOR: 19th April
Sch A: 5th May
Ghost Mail: 22nd June
BG In progress: 18th July
PPR: 19th July

Visa Office: London

Hoping to send PP Friday latest. Once again! I will like to say Thank you to everyone that assisted us one way of the other during the process and to encourage everyone yet to start or in the process already! It is very real and achievable! Make up your mind and GO for it. I will keep you guys posted about the progress. Thank you

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:45am On Jul 20, 2016
Congrats bubsykay!!!

bubsykay:
GM everyone! I'm sorry for not been active here for a while and I would like to say thank you to the GURUS that has kept the forum alive by providing necessary information and assistance to all of us here. To the glory of God we received PPR Yesterday: Please find below our timeline.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 10:50am On Jul 20, 2016
dupyshoo:
Congrats bubsykay!!!

Thank you so much for been helpful during the process! Are you still in Canada? Where did you decide to stay?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:59am On Jul 20, 2016
I am no longer in Canada. Yet to decide the province to move to when I finally relocate to Canada. The deciding factor will likely be where job prospects are highest. I however love Saskatoon as it seems to be a lovely location to raise kids but it is not the ideal place to be for my profession.

bubsykay:

Thank you so much for been helpful during the process! Are you still in Canada? Where did you decide to stay?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 11:33am On Jul 20, 2016
bubsykay:

ITA: 24th Feb
AOR: 19th April
Sch A: 5th May
Ghost Mail: 22nd June
BG In progress: 18th July
PPR: 19th July

Visa Office: London

Hoping to send PP Friday latest. Once again! I will like to say Thank you to everyone that assisted us one way of the other during the process and to encourage everyone yet to start or in the process already! It is very real and achievable! Make up your mind and GO for it. I will keep you guys posted about the progress. Thank you
Congrats Bubsykay God has done it for u and I tap into ur blessing o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ol2012: 12:15pm On Jul 20, 2016
dupyshoo:
Apart from IELTS, all other costs vary. For instance,
i)your credential evaluation cost depends on the cost to get your transcripts from your school, cost of verification of credential by your school and fee charged by the organisation evaluating your credentials.
ii)Police certificates cost is dependent on how many countries you have lived in for at least 5 months. Even PCC in Nigeria cost varies from zero Naira to infinity. It is also dependent on the size of your family
ii) Medical cost is highly dependent on the country and city you are. This is also dependent on your family size
iv) Application cost depends on the size of your family.

Thanks for your response,
For credential evaluation, I'll need to evaluate 2 degrees; a BSc(OAU) and masters(NOUN). Preferably by the cheapest evaluating organization.

For PCC I'm based in Nigeria and family size is one(only me for now) and for medical, I'm based in Lagos.

I just want to have an idea(estimate) of how much everything will cost before starting. I know the actual cost might not be feasible but I need the estimate to draw up a budget for this project.

Thanks once again fellow OAU graduate.
GREAT IFE! GREAT
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 12:53pm On Jul 20, 2016
This is the estimate of what it cost my family:

Myself
WES - C$233.91
IELTS - £150
Transcript (2 Universities) - £20 +N10,000
PCC (2 countries) - £45 + N6,000

Spouse
IELTS - £150
PCC (2 countries) - £45 + N9,000

Medicals (Family of 3) - £780
Application (family of 3) - C$2230
Total - £1190 + C$2463.91 +N25,000 (approximately N1,042,476)

Yours will probably be a lot cheaper as your application fee will be about C$1000 and medicals done in Naija are a lot cheaper. It should be about N400,000. Please note that this does not include flight ticket and the cost of sending your passport via DHL or VFS. You might want to include that as well.

ol2012:

Thanks for your response,
For credential evaluation, I'll need to evaluate 2 degrees; a BSc(OAU) and masters(NOUN). Preferably by the cheapest evaluating organization.

For PCC I'm based in Nigeria and family size is one(only me for now) and for medical, I'm based in Lagos.

I just want to have an idea(estimate) of how much everything will cost before starting. I know the actual cost might not be feasible but I need the estimate to draw up a budget for this project.

Thanks once again fellow OAU graduate.
GREAT IFE! GREAT

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gonon: 1:01pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hello guys, I just took my IELTS in Abuja on the 16th of July 2016. I am praying for a minimum of LSRW of 8877 * keeping my fingers crossed* grin grin

I have been reading this thread since the beginning like bible. I would update mine as it happens. God willing, we shall arrive at t permanent site...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2016
keji00:
Please I need a clarity on proof of funds.For how many months must the money be in my account (i) before given ITA (ii) & also after I have applied with the ITA, how many months should it be left in the account. Because I will be collecting loan to put in my personal account.

You have been clarified already about que(i) & (ii) I will adivse to be careful on how go about the fund you intend to provide as POF.taking a lump sum as loan and deposit into your account might trigger RCIC eyebrow.You may be asked to provide further evidence like account statement showing detail account history.what will you do when they find out that your account has no transcation history but only a huge amount from nowhere into your account overnight?Be careful play your card well bro
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lyzbethokere: 2:57pm On Jul 20, 2016
irondome:

Anyone can actually view your profile in private mode; quite common with recruiters. Have been you applying for opportunities in Canada? You shouldn't worry much about your current experience as long as your migration points score doesn't fall before 67, when your other 2 jobs are discarded.

You should be okay as long as the job description on your ref letter closely match your NOC, and the ref letter was written in the right format. And if they are doubt, they would contact you to provide other supporting documents (pay slips, etc).

Irondome,

Thank you.

They only considered my current job and the NOC closely matched my occupation. The previous two jobs were discarded completely. So I only received points and qualified based on my current job only.

My concern was that only one of the jobs discarded is listed on my LinkedIn page. I taught they could say I misrepresented or something like that because not all the two previous jobs are listed on my LinkedIn page.

That was my concern.

Thank you once again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 2:58pm On Jul 20, 2016
@temitope06

It is entirely your choice to use or not to use an agent. However, I will like to know the information they know that we don't know. I am of the opinion that all the information your require are online and can be easily found if you don't mind doing your research. I don't see any way agents will help with your work experience except if they are going to falsify work experiences for you. I stand to be corrected though.
The standard documents you require are POF, letter of employment, PCC, IELTS, WES, passports, medicals, birth certificate and degree certificates. Ideally, agents can't change the details in any of the information and you will be the one to get this information and later give it to your agent.

I will only recommend you use an agent if you are too busy and you have a lot of money to spare.

On a lighter note, you can pay me half of the money and I will help with your application. You can be rest assured that I will be genuine and I am good as well grin.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2016
dupyshoo:
It is entirely your choice to use or not to use an agent. However, I will like to know the information they know that we don't know. I am of the opinion that all the information your require are online and can be easily found if you don't mind doing your research. I don't see any way agents will help with your work experience except if they are going to falsify work experiences for you. I stand to be corrected though.
The standard documents you require are POF, letter of employment, PCC, IELTS, WES, passports, medicals, birth certificate and degree certificates. Ideally, agents can't change the details in any of the information and you will be the one to get this information and later give it to your agent.

I will only recommend you use an agent if you are too busy and you have a lot of money to spare.

On a lighter note, you can pay me half of the money and I will help with your application. You can be rest assured that I will be genuine and I am good as well grin.

Thanks Bro, I'll continue on my own. No need to dash money wey no dey.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gonon: 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hi @dupyshoo, can I use my employment letters instead of letters of reference? Also please what is the exchange rate for CAD$?

dupyshoo:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by suraj1st: 5:33pm On Jul 20, 2016
Saskatchewan Express Entry is open to 700 new applications now

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TeesMom: 6:32pm On Jul 20, 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 8:05pm On Jul 20, 2016
[quote author=dupyshoo post=47723290]This is the estimate of what it cost my family:

Myself
WES - C$233.91
IELTS - £150
Transcript (2 Universities) - £20 +N10,000
PCC (2 countries) - £45 + N6,000

Spouse
IELTS - £150
PCC (2 countries) - £45 + N9,000

Medicals (Family of 3) - £780
Application (family of 3) - C$2230
Total - £1190 + C$2463.91 +N25,000 (approximately N1,042,476)

Yours will probably be a lot cheaper as your application fee will be about C$1000 and medicals done in Naija are a lot cheaper. It should be about N400,000. Please note that this does not include flight ticket and the cost of sending your passport via DHL or VFS. You might want to include that as w

hello looking at your calculation, did u mean 400k for the total cost or just for medicals ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 9:15pm On Jul 20, 2016
Guys, As promised (my info session).
I must say the turn out for the information session was overwhelming.
After my 1pm session, the line for the ITA pre-assessment interview was something else. I stood for 3 hours before it got to my turn.

Thankfully I got an invitation to apply. Almost everyone with their complete documents there actually got an ITA.

Although I don't understand how the nomination will work. Because they have 425 quota for express entry and they have issued out over a 1000 ITA in Abu Dhabi and Dubai already if not 2,000.

Can't wait to get back home and send my application.
Godspeed to us all.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 9:19pm On Jul 20, 2016
Fusion23:

Thanks I checked my account on wes and it says file under review, I called them and they said the same..they also advise I should not use the old one ..but am just wondering why it should take so long. Because its not a new report and i dont think a new verification is needed.

This is strange. Happened with my spouse Wes report too. But didn't take this long. i guess mayb now they have more workload as a lot of people are at the Wes stage for EE. Be patient then.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 9:22pm On Jul 20, 2016
@bubsykay
Congrats. Happy for you and your family.
Thank you for sharing with us. Go enjoy Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by powermike9999: 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2016
Thanks for d info @beyunce . I will like to ask a few questions on d NBPNP event u attended;
1-Did u take any POF along for d event or did dey request for it at anytime for d EOI?
2-What point did u have to be invited.
3- Aside ur Cv did u take along any letter from ur previous &current employers showing no of hours,supervisor etc.
4-Can u help explain if u added anytin special to ur package.

beyunce:
After my 1pm session, the line for the ITA pre-assessment interview was something else. I stood for 3 hours before it got to my turn.

Thankfully I got an invitation to apply. Almost everyone with their complete documents there actually got an ITA.

Although I don't understand how the nomination will work. Because they have 425 quota for express entry and they have issued out over a 1000 ITA in Abu Dhabi and Dubai already if not 2,000.

Godspeed to us all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2016
dupyshoo:
I am no longer in Canada. Yet to decide the province to move to when I finally relocate to Canada. The deciding factor will likely be where job prospects are highest. I however love Saskatoon as it seems to be a lovely location to raise kids but it is not the ideal place to be for my profession.

Oh ok! Sounds reasonable, I'm considering Alberta thou! Please how important is the photographer's name and address written on the passport photo? I used a passport self service machine and wondering if that would do. Thank you

beyunce:
@bubsykay
Congrats. Happy for you and your family.
Thank you for sharing with us. Go enjoy Canada.

Thank you

[quote author=iphie25 post=47721116]
Congrats Bubsykay God has done it for u and I tap into ur blessing o.

Thank you bro! God will do the same and more for everyone!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 10:52pm On Jul 20, 2016
powermike9999:
Thanks for d info @beyunce . I will like to ask a few questions on d NBPNP event u attended;
1-Did u take any POF along for d event or did dey request for it at anytime for d EOI?
2-What point did u have to be invited.
3- Aside ur Cv did u take along any letter from ur previous &current employers showing no of hours,supervisor etc.
4-Can u help explain if u added anytin special to ur package.

For the info session.
1. You do not need anything else apart from your completed EOI form, ( please calculate your scores on the EOI form accurately), ietls result (original) for you only or if you are claiming points for spouse ielts then also take along theirs. Also take along your ECA report too.
2. To be invited to attend the session. First check that your code is on their in demand list.( I forgot to add that at a point during the interview because of the crowd, they told everyone that their Noc wasn't on their in demand list, to not waste their time waiting for an ITA interview, as they will not give ITA to them, frankly they were exhausted, and needed a way to clear the crowd).
3. I didn't package anything. I only emailed my past and previous work experience as cv. Thankfully two of them is in their in demand Noc list. Then I emailed also my ielts result and requested permission to attend Dubai session Which they replied. Funny thing, they didn't even take the welcome to attend serious. Because, people that didn't get the mail but just registered were interviewed and issued ITA.

If you are interested in New Brunswick please check their express entry site http://livinginnb.ca here you will see the available sessions in different countries for the year, they update as soon as they are sure of the next country a session will be holding.
Go to this site http://welcomenb.ca/content/wel-bien/en/immigrating_and_settling/how_to_immigrate/new_brunswick_provincialnomineeprogram/New_Brunswick_express_entry/EligibilityRequirements.html to view the list of their occupation in demand. If yours is there, then you can follow the steps required to attend a session.
I hope this helps.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by holukayode: 10:56pm On Jul 20, 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by holukayode: 10:59pm On Jul 20, 2016
The International Skilled Worker - Express Entry sub-category of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) has reopened. The government of Saskatchewan updated its website the morning of Wednesday, July 20 to announce that this Canadian immigration option was now open to new applications

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 1:40am On Jul 21, 2016
bubsykay:

Oh ok! Sounds reasonable, I'm considering Alberta thou! Please how important is the photographer's name and address written on the passport photo? I used a passport self service machine and wondering if that would do. Thank you

It wouldn't hurt to follow photo specifications in the PPR to avoid unnecessary complications. A number of those who didn't strictly follow the photo specifications had some delay with their PR cards. They got a new photo request from IRCC, as the copies they submitted were deemed unsuitable.

Congrats on your PPR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 1:43am On Jul 21, 2016
beyunce:

Godspeed to us all.

Send am sharp sharp, they ain't going over their quota oo, so most likely it would be on first come first serve basis. I trust those Indians to Currier their application the same day.

You try sha, flew all the way to Dubai for Province nomination; impressive!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olurotimi1: 3:25am On Jul 21, 2016
What is the range for medicals in Nigeria. Please I need to know?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walexlo78: 3:51am On Jul 21, 2016
Yes, turnout was explosive. I was there for the 3pm session and also got ITA. Are you still in Dubai? still around for few days.

beyunce:

Godspeed to us all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.