Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2602923 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ol2012: 4:06am On Jul 21, 2016
dupyshoo:
This is the estimate of what it cost my family:

Myself
WES - C$233.91
IELTS - £150
Transcript (2 Universities) - £20 +N10,000
PCC (2 countries) - £45 + N6,000

Spouse
IELTS - £150
PCC (2 countries) - £45 + N9,000

Medicals (Family of 3) - £780
Application (family of 3) - C$2230
Total - £1190 + C$2463.91 +N25,000 (approximately N1,042,476)

Yours will probably be a lot cheaper as your application fee will be about C$1000 and medicals done in Naija are a lot cheaper. It should be about N400,000. Please note that this does not include flight ticket and the cost of sending your passport via DHL or VFS. You might want to include that as well.

Thanks so much ma'am
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 5:24am On Jul 21, 2016
irondome:

Send am sharp sharp, they ain't going over their quota oo, so most likely it would be on first come first serve basis. I trust those Indians to Currier their application the same day.

You try sha, flew all the way to Dubai for Province nomination; impressive!!!!
Lol. grin cheesy@flew all the way to Dubai.
Wetin woman go do. cheesy

I am surely going to courier my application as soon as I get home.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 5:25am On Jul 21, 2016
walexlo78:
Yes, turnout was explosive. I was there for the 3pm session and also got ITA. Are you still in Dubai? still around for few days.

Leaving today. Glad it turned out great for us all.
Enjoy the rest of your stay.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by parlevu(m): 7:51am On Jul 21, 2016
Pls Hw much is Canadian visa application fee as at today? For tourist n business

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 7:58am On Jul 21, 2016
gonon:
Hello guys, I just took my IELTS in Abuja on the 16th of July 2016. I am praying for a minimum of LSRW of 8877 * keeping my fingers crossed* grin grin

I have been reading this thread since the beginning like bible. I would update mine as it happens. God willing, we shall arrive at t permanent site...

Oh really, also did mine in abuja the same day. Wishing us the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 8:14am On Jul 21, 2016
It depends on what you refer to as letter of employment? Does it mean offer letter? If yes, it won't be good enough as it does not show how long you have worked with the company and if you still work with the company. It also does not show that you still perform the job responsibilities listed on the offer letter. It is better you get a recent letter from your employer covering all IRCC requirements.

gonon:
Hi @dupyshoo, can I use my employment letters instead of letters of reference? Also please what is the exchange rate for CAD$?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ruby31: 8:20am On Jul 21, 2016
The Dubai session for the NBPNP was OVERWHELMING like beyunce said!

Hubby did not get interviewed till 8pm.

Thankfully, he got his ITA within 3 mins of the interview as he had previous work experience in one of the newly updated high demand jobs.

Now the race to quickly send full application is on!

Congrats to everyone who got their ITA and goodluck with the rest of the process.

In other news, SINP is open.... Sent my application yesterday as i had already uploaded almost all my documents that last time it opened but the cap was reached before i could submit.

Hurry up and send your applications and Good luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gonon: 8:42am On Jul 21, 2016
Yes oh. If I am not mistaken, the result would be out next week friday... I'm praying for a fantastic result. Anyway, let's keep in touch and help each other out to achieve our aim. Cheers and I wish us all the best as well

greetings:

Oh really, also did mine in abuja the same day. Wishing us the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 8:50am On Jul 21, 2016
gonon:
Yes oh. If I am not mistaken, the result would be out next week friday... I'm praying for a fantastic result. Anyway, let's keep in touch and help each other out to achieve our aim. Cheers and I wish us all the best as well

Oh mai God! Am so nervous, am just trying to keep calm....I messed up my speaking....am just hoping for the best though, the Saturday own was much better. Are you done with ECA? I hope it's not WES? They can waste time for Africa. ..We should connect, sent you a pm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 8:52am On Jul 21, 2016
@dupyshoo! Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 9:35am On Jul 21, 2016
Morning my forumpeople!

I want to pay WES to send my verification letter via int'l courier ( i.e. DHL) to d polytechnic I attended and ve written them by sending an email tru their help contact link to update my account to enable me do so. My question is dt how long will it take WES to update my account to enable me make payment for them to send the letter via DHL? Also, how soon will they send it & give d tracking no?

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jugzy: 9:46am On Jul 21, 2016
Congrats bubsykay....Tapping into your testimony.

bubsykay:
GM everyone! I'm sorry for not been active here for a while and I would like to say thank you to the GURUS that has kept the forum alive by providing necessary information and assistance to all of us here. To the glory of God we received PPR Yesterday: Please find below our timeline.

ITA: 24th Feb
AOR: 19th April
Sch A: 5th May
Ghost Mail: 22nd June
BG In progress: 18th July
PPR: 19th July

Visa Office: London

Hoping to send PP Friday latest. Once again! I will like to say Thank you to everyone that assisted us one way of the other during the process and to encourage everyone yet to start or in the process already! It is very real and achievable! Make up your mind and GO for it. I will keep you guys posted about the progress. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 10:16am On Jul 21, 2016
tundechange:
Morning my forumpeople!

I want to pay WES to send my verification letter via int'l courier ( i.e. DHL) to d polytechnic I attended and ve written them by sending an email tru their help contact link to update my account to enable me do so. My question is dt how will I know if they have attended to my request? Also how long does it take them to send the letter and forward d tracking no to me?

Thank you!

You had better find someone in the registrar's office or exams and records, an old classmate may also be able to help. In short only your school can answer this question.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by c4eva: 10:32am On Jul 21, 2016
Hello house, my hubby applied for IELTS though his result is not too fantastic, his School has sent his transcript to wes but they aren't done with d evaluation so he hasn't applied yet.

We are a family of 4, We need $22k+ as Pof, he doesn't have fund on his bank acct presently but he has 5m+ In his pension acct as well as 2 plots of land he bought and 1m he has saved so far in my acct and he wants to start his application nxt month, what will be his fate? Although if he gets d PR visa and resigns, he will be paid 4m+. Please your candid response will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 11:11am On Jul 21, 2016
greetings:

You had better find someone in the registrar's office or exams and records, an old classmate may also be able to help. In short only your school can answer this question.

Tnx Sis. I guess I wasn't clear enough. My question was that how long will it take WES to update my account to enable me make payment for them to send the letter via DHL? Also, how soon will they send it & give d tracking no?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MamaTobenna: 11:54am On Jul 21, 2016
holukayode:
The International Skilled Worker - Express Entry sub-category of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) has reopened. The government of Saskatchewan updated its website the morning of Wednesday, July 20 to announce that this Canadian immigration option was now open to new applications
It seems its for specific occupations. or am I wrong. I tried to login but it gave me options that did not include Finance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2016
Garykasparov:
Hello House,
I sent my wife's ICAN credentials to WES for evaluation to achieve 7 additional points for me as the principal applicant, aside the fact that this has taken 3 month, she got a mail yesterday requesting WAEC result.

Is this the norm or should we have included her ATS?
What is the process of requesting WAEC to send transcript to WES? which of their office?

Thank you

My people, this inquiry is still pending.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by c4eva: 12:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
c4eva:
Hello house, my hubby applied for IELTS though his result is not too fantastic, his School has sent his transcript to wes but they aren't done with d evaluation so he hasn't applied yet.
We are a family of 4, We need $22k+ as Pof, he doesn't have fund on his bank acct presently but he has 5m+ In his pension acct as well as 2 plots of land he bought and 1m he has saved so far in my acct and he wants to start his application nxt month, what will be his fate? Although if he gets d PR visa and resigns, he will be paid 4m+. Please your candid response will be appreciated.
Please anyone with suggestion on this? THANKS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ruby31:

Thankfully, he got his ITA within 3 mins of the interview as he had previous work experience in one of the newly updated high demand jobs.

Congrats to everyone who got their ITA and goodluck with the rest of the process.

In other news, SINP is open.... Sent my application yesterday as i had already uploaded almost all my documents that last time it opened but the cap was reached before i could submit.

Godspeed to you too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gonon: 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hahahaha. I want to wait for my IELTS score before doing my evaluation. Yes it's going to be from WES but I am evaluating my UK MSc. I am praying for a high score like mad.... Also, I have replied your pm.

greetings:

Oh mai God! Am so nervous, am just trying to keep calm....I messed up my speaking....am just hoping for the best though, the Saturday own was much better. Are you done with ECA? I hope it's not WES? They can waste time for Africa. ..We should connect, sent you a pm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olurotimi1: 1:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
olurotimi1:
What is the range for medicals in Nigeria. Please I need to know?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2016
gonon:
Hahahaha. I want to wait for my IELTS score before doing my evaluation. Yes it's going to be from WES but I am evaluating my UK MSc. I am praying for a high score like mad.... Also, I have replied your pm.

Lol. Is there a reason why you are waiting? There is no harm in starting your ECA, you never can tell you might need it sooner than you think.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gonon: 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2016
Actually, I am trying to know the CAD$ exchange rate. Cos cash at hand now is.... There is God. cry cry

beyunce:

Lol. Is there a reason why you are waiting? There is no harm in starting your ECA, you never can tell you might need it sooner than you think.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 2:51pm On Jul 21, 2016
gonon:
Actually, I am trying to know the CAD$ exchange rate. Cos cash at hand now is.... There is God. cry cry

Okay then I see. Valid reasons then.
It will be well don't worry much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
dupyshoo:
It depends on what you refer to as letter of employment? Does it mean offer letter? If yes, it won't be good enough as it does not show how long you have worked with the company and if you still work with the company. It also does not show that you still perform the job responsibilities listed on the offer letter. It is better you get a recent letter from your employer covering all IRCC requirements.

Hi dupyshoo. Please can u help with the address for the refernce letter. My office refuses to address it to whom it may concern
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LaserFocus: 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2016
dupyshoo:
@temitope06

It is entirely your choice to use or not to use an agent. However, I will like to know the information they know that we don't know. I am of the opinion that all the information your require are online and can be easily found if you don't mind doing your research. I don't see any way agents will help with your work experience except if they are going to falsify work experiences for you. I stand to be corrected though.
The standard documents you require are POF, letter of employment, PCC, IELTS, WES, passports, medicals, birth certificate and degree certificates. Ideally, agents can't change the details in any of the information and you will be the one to get this information and later give it to your agent.

I will only recommend you use an agent if you are too busy and you have a lot of money to spare.

On a lighter note, you can pay me half of the money and I will help with your application. You can be rest assured that I will be genuine and I am good as well grin.

Can the gurus help out here.
What about some of us whose profile showed up as ineligible on the EE website and couldn't enter the pool, can we use agents or immigration lawyers ,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 9:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ruby31:

Hi Ruby31, I was lucky to submit too am sure by now it would have been closed, please let keep the torch.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
c4eva:
Please anyone with suggestion on this? THANKS
ma'am your hubby is good to go.once his WES evaluation is completed he should go ahead and create his profile.my guess is dat he will need to seek provincial nomination since his ielts result is not so fantastic.you can also take the exams and evaluate your credentials to increase his chances.
On the POF part,I think you have enough time to save up and when you get to that bridge you will surely cross it.
Godspeed and all the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 21, 2016
LaserFocus:

Can the gurus help out here.
What about some of us whose profile showed up as ineligible on the EElawyerle and couldn't enter the pool, can we use agents or immigration lawyers ,

Why is your profile showing as ineligible?was it eligible when you used the come to Canada tool to evaluate your points.Go to the first page of this thead and follow the steps listed.one other mistake most people make is in the area of filling years of study.This should be the sum total of all the years you spent studying.
It's not just about getting a lawyer. you have to take out time to research too.I had a lawyer I was supposed to pay $3k but had to kick him out when I realised he was not so informed despite being a Canadian as he claimed.
People have done this on their own and successfully migrated.it's not rocket science.when in doubt ask,ask and research.
Godspeed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Omonjoe(m): 11:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
I need keen evaluation from gurus in this house.... I am plan starting my PR process at the end or beigining next year when I am done with my PGD program here in Canada. I have tried a couple of time to check my CRS ranking I do get less than 400 points. I don't know if I am doing the right thing or what should I do to improve my points.
Here is my profile

Marital status: Single

Level of education: Masters in Elect Engr from Nigeria(waiting evaluation though)

Work Experience: 4yrs as an Elect Engr(have reference letter from my employer already)

English proficiency: yet to write(but I used 6.5 and 7 in my ranking)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 11:31pm On Jul 21, 2016
Wow! About sinp been open. I will have to be fast to submit my documents this time
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 11:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
Bro, i would advise that you combine your Masters (evaluated) degree and your PGD to get higher points. Since you do not have at least ONE year Canadian work experience yet, you may be qualified for the Federal Skilled Worker. You have a good number of foreign work experience and that would help to an extent.

You may wanna go through a PNP to improve your points depending on the province you are currently.

Omonjoe:
I need keen evaluation from gurus in this house.... I am plan starting my PR process at the end or beigining next year when I am done with my PGD program here in Canada. I have tried a couple of time to check my CRS ranking I do get less than 400 points. I don't know if I am doing the right thing or what should I do to improve my points.
Here is my profile

Marital status: Single

Level of education: Masters in Elect Engr from Nigeria(waiting evaluation though)

Work Experience: 4yrs as an Elect Engr(have reference letter from my employer already)

English proficiency: yet to write(but I used 6.5 and 7 in my ranking)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.