Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599158 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 9:34am On Jul 23, 2016
jideflows:
Pls must I send my credentials to WES? I'm going for skilled worker.... Because I have Bsc n other certification like I'm welding n NDT n an instrumentation certs as well... Some I did out side Nigeria then will my IELTS result cover my spouse or she will have to write hers?... Some should please help out...

If you want to claim points for your qualification, you must send your credentials for evaluation to WES or IQAS. Also, your wife should write a separate IELTS too if you want to claim points for her. Make sure you aim for 8777 for LSRW.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 9:34am On Jul 23, 2016
Your spouse will need to write hers. Your IELTS result does not cover hers.

I'm not sure WES evaluates certifications because i believe they evaluate degree/certificate or similar from only institutions. So if your certification is from a recognized institution outside Canada, WES could verify and evaluate it to Canadian standard.

jideflows:
Pls must I send my credentials to WES? I'm going for skilled worker.... Because I have Bsc n other certification like I'm welding n NDT n an instrumentation certs as well... Some I did out side Nigeria then will my IELTS result cover my spouse or she will have to write hers?... Some should please help out...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 9:47am On Jul 23, 2016
jideflows:

Pls dupyshoo kindly assist me answer these questions pls... Pls must I send my credentials to WES? I'm going for skilled worker.... Because I have Bsc n other certification like I'm welding n NDT n an instrumentation certs as well... Some I did out side Nigeria then will my IELTS result cover my spouse or she will have to write hers?... Some should please help out...

Hi,WES evaluates only academic qualifications therefore send in your Bsc for evaluation.They don't evaluate professional certifications.your wife is expected to sit for the IELTS GT.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 9:56am On Jul 23, 2016
irondome:

It's okay he has seen a successful precedent with using pension funds, but I would be very careful. IRCC requirements stated the funds must not be encumbered, i.e should be readily available when needed. With most pension schemes across the globe, holders are usually entitled to a percentage of the money; in most cases, in few months after resignation. So, technically, the money ain't readily available.

Bottom line, it boils down to what you are comfortable with.

On his ielts, it would be nice if he could up his score to 8777, depending on his score, he might actually need to start scouting for provincial nomination

On the Pension Fund as POF.The person will need to back it up with statement of account starting from when the account was pension opened with a letter from the PFA that the money can be withdrawn at any given time I think the authorities accept that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 9:57am On Jul 23, 2016
irondome:

It's okay he has seen a successful precedent with using pension funds, but I would be very careful. IRCC requirements stated the funds must not be encumbered, i.e should be readily available when needed. With most pension schemes across the globe, holders are usually entitled to a percentage of the money; in most cases, in few months after resignation. So, technically, the money ain't readily available.

Bottom line, it boils down to what you are comfortable with.

On his ielts, it would be nice if he could up his score to 8777, depending on his score, he might actually need to start scouting for provincial nomination

On the Pension Fund as POF.The person will need to back it up with statement of account starting from when the account was pension opened with a letter from the PFA that the money can be withdrawn at any given time I think the authorities accept that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 23, 2016
[quote author=jideflows post=47807072]
Pls dupyshoo kindly assist me answer these questions pls... Pls must I send my credentials to WES? I'm going for skilled worker.... Because I have Bsc n other certification like I'm welding n NDT n an instrumentation certs as well... Some I did out side Nigeria then will my IELTS result cover my spouse or she will have to write hers?... Some should please help out...[/quote
To evaluate your credentials,you must send your certificate to WES and thereafter get your school to send your transcript to them.note that you have to register on their website after which you you will be given a reference number.If your IELTS result gives you enough points you may not need your spouse to write.cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jideflows(m): 11:54am On Jul 23, 2016
tundechange:

If you want to claim points for your qualification, you must send your credentials for evaluation to WES or IQAS. Also, your wife should write a separate IELTS too if you want to claim points for her. Make sure you aim for 8777 for LSRW.

Goodluck!

thanks alot.. please whats the first thing to do? write the IELTS or the WES first?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jideflows(m): 11:56am On Jul 23, 2016
[quote author=Jesus4real post=47808857][/quote] thanks a lot.. whats the first thing to be done? WES OR IELTS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jideflows(m): 11:56am On Jul 23, 2016
hartson:

Hi,WES evaluates only academic qualifications therefore send in your Bsc for evaluation.They don't evaluate professional certifications.your wife is expected to sit for the IELTS GT.
THANKS ALOT
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
jideflows:
thanks a lot.. whats the first thing to be done? WES OR IELTS?

You can do the two simultaneously. WES takes time so it's better you start now!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by joyuzo(f): 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2016
dupyshoo:
This is the estimate of what it cost my family:

Myself
WES - C$233.91
IELTS - £150
Transcript (2 Universities) - £20 +N10,000
PCC (2 countries) - £45 + N6,000

Spouse
IELTS - £150
PCC (2 countries) - £45 + N9,000

Medicals (Family of 3) - £780
Application (family of 3) - C$2230
Total - £1190 + C$2463.91 +N25,000 (approximately N1,042,476)

Yours will probably be a lot cheaper as your application fee will be about C$1000 and medicals done in Naija are a lot cheaper. It should be about N400,000. Please note that this does not include flight ticket and the cost of sending your passport via DHL or VFS. You might want to include that as well.

Thanks so much dubyshoo....I really got a clear view from your detailed info and explanations. But u didn't say about the POF and for how long it should stay in one's account. Thanks for your time too. I read your experience on your IELTS prep and I got encouraged as I'm a nursing mom too and trust me my boy worries a whole lot. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by alanimi200(m): 9:59pm On Jul 23, 2016
Dea House pls assist me as ckerly as u can, am 37yrs old HND gradute of accounting and a Chartered Accountant with over 10 yrs working experience. I am interested in Canadian skill permanent residemcial scheme. I have no prior knowledge , pls assist me with step by step process for a movice like me . U can also reach me at jydayamos@gmail.com
Thank u.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by segbas(m): 2:06am On Jul 24, 2016
alanimi200:
Dea House pls assist me as ckerly as u can, am 37yrs old HND gradute of accounting and a Chartered Accountant with over 10 yrs working experience. I am interested in Canadian skill permanent residemcial scheme. I have no prior knowledge , pls assist me with step by step process for a movice like me . U can also reach me at jydayamos@gmail.com
Thank u.

Sir,
Go back to page 0 of this tread. Everything you need to know can be found there.
Then you can come back to ask question again if anything is not clear to you.
I think this helps.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by powermike9999: 8:12am On Jul 24, 2016
@hartson thx for dis info.
So many people have brought up this topic severally in d past wt no satisfactory answer from any1. My question to u will be;
1-Do u know any1 or have u seen any1 who submitted his Pension fund account before & followed this recommendation
2- Did d Canandian consular accepted it as POF. Was the person granted a visa based on this as part of his POF. Pls educate us.

If u have used ur pension fund as POF and was successful pls contribute to assist
Others with doubts or if u know any successful person pls contribute

hartson:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by segbas(m): 9:39am On Jul 24, 2016
I think Pension Fund cannot be used as POF, is a money that cannot be withdrawn until you reach a certain age, like 50 years and you cant withdraw all, just part of it. And Canada has one of the best policy on retirement, so they must be aware of how the system works.

powermike9999:
@hartson thx for dis info.
So many people have brought up this topic severally in d past wt no satisfactory answer from any1. My question to u will be;
1-Do u know any1 or have u seen any1 who submitted his Pension fund account before & followed this recommendation
2- Did d Canandian consular accepted it as POF. Was the person granted a visa based on this as part of his POF. Pls educate us.

If u have used ur pension fund as POF and was successful pls contribute to assist
Others with doubts or if u know any successful person pls contribute

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by obioby(f): 1:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
good morning everyone. I am married with two kids and I need clarification on the following
- I am the principal applicant, is it possible that I elect to be assessed alone as my scores will be higher if I am assessed alone.my husband s job category is C and he does not have a post secondary qualification.I stand a better chance with ielts results.claiming points for him will be extra cost.
- pls How do I apply to nova scotias PNP
-
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ANBAKO: 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2016
poseman:
Good day house,

Please i would like to know which is faster to use to submit a passport to Accra.

1.) Through VFS
2.) Through DHL

Within how many days will the passport be returned.

Regards

3 weeks, DHL. Sorry for late response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 8:04pm On Jul 24, 2016
Thanks for this explanation beyunce

beyunce:

Don't worry you don't need it for any part of this application. If you can't get it, the normal bank reference letter and bank statement will work.
That's what I will be using for my app also.
Good luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 9:54pm On Jul 24, 2016
obioby:
good morning everyone. I am married with two kids and I need clarification on the following
- I am the principal applicant, is it possible that I elect to be assessed alone as my scores will be higher if I am assessed alone.my husband s job category is C and he does not have a post secondary qualification.I stand a better chance with ielts results.claiming points for him will be extra cost.
- pls How do I apply to nova scotias PNP
-

You are welcome back since 2007 wink

You can elect to be assessed alone. But, your POF must cover 4 people. You won't need to evaluate your husband's credentials and he wouldn't need to sit the IELTS. You can invite him over when you are settled.

However, since you are considering PNP, you could as well guide him to write the IELTS if he offers to pay for it. That way everyone and everything is fine.
The Nova Scotia Demand is currently closed; the one currently open requires that you secure a valid job offer. Follow PNP threads on canadavisa.com forum for updates on open Provinces.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by obioby(f): 12:03am On Jul 25, 2016
thanks for the quick response
Etfash:

You can elect to be assessed alone. But, your POF must cover 4 people. You won't need to evaluate your husband's credentials and he wouldn't need to sit the IELTS. You can invite him over when you are settled.

However, since you are considering PNP, you could as well guide him to write the IELTS if he offers to pay for it. That way everyone and everything is fine.
The Nova Scotia Demand is currently closed; the one currently open requires that you secure a valid job offer. Follow PNP threads on canadavisa.com forum for updates on open Provinces.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by segbas(m): 6:06am On Jul 25, 2016
@Etfash,

Please how can one do it? if the husband want to join the wife later in Canada

Etfash:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 8:21am On Jul 25, 2016
segbas:
@Etfash,

Please how can one do it? if the husband want to join the wife later in Canada

Bros, I have replied your mail.
Meanwhile, your wife can invite you when she's settled. It shouldn't be difficult.

One way to ascertain the claim above is to complete the Canadavisa.com questionnaire on what VISA you qualify for.. Indicate that your wife is in Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:53am On Jul 25, 2016
With regard to proof of funds, This is what IRCC requires as POF

"If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address)."

From the statement above, my understanding is that for each of one's account, IRCC wants the account number, the account opening date, the current balance on the account and the average balance of the account for the past 6 months. So a letter showing these information will be adequate.

IRCC never stated specifically that the money should be there for 6 months but that the money should be there as at the time you are submitting your application. Therefore, they won't reject your application if it is not there for the whole 6 months. However, they don't want you to borrow the money, so any large lump sums deposited in your account within the 6 months will have to be explained. IRCC demands for 6 months average balance. if the average balance is over 20-25% different from your current balance, then they might be suspicious that you deposited a large sum within the 6 month. A gradual build up of the POF is okay. A good example is if you need to show $12k and you had $7.5k in month 1, $9k in month 2, $10.5k in month 3, $11.5k in month 4, $12.5k + in month 5 and 6 . The average balance for the 6 months is about $10.6k, so it is okay.

Please note that how the average balance is calculated varies bank by bank. Some bank will sum all the daily balances over the past 6 months and divide it by the total no of days (say 180 days), some will take the balances at the last day of each month, sum it up and divide by 6, while some will provide average balances per month (that is you will have 6 different average balances, one for each month). My bank actually used the last scenario I gave.

You can see that based on the info my bank gave me, any large deposits that sat in my account for too long will increase the average balance for that month. So, it will require me to provide an explanation on the source of the large deposits. However, if my bank had provided only 1 figure of average balance instead of 6 different figures, it might not have been so obvious.

Some bank will even refuse to provide the letter. In that situation, you will be forced to provide your bank statements which will lead to a more detailed scrutiny of the outflows and inflows in your account.

I hope you understand the explanations I gave.

joyuzo:
Thanks so much dubyshoo....I really got a clear view from your detailed info and explanations. But u didn't say about the POF and for how long it should stay in one's account. Thanks for your time too. I read your experience on your IELTS prep and I got encouraged as I'm a nursing mom too and trust me my boy worries a whole lot. Lol.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 11:06am On Jul 25, 2016
Your breakdown on POF is very enlightening. Thanks for taking out time to explain in detail.
1. How is lump sum defined. Will 500k count as lump sum?
2. Which banks offer the letter and which banks do not? I think those with experience should share so we can know the bank to build for POF. I have a diamond bank account and a GT bank account.

dupyshoo:
With regard to proof of funds, This is what IRCC requires as POF

"If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address)."

From the statement above, my understanding is that for each of one's account, IRCC wants the account number, the account opening date, the current balance on the account and the average balance of the account for the past 6 months. So a letter showing these information will be adequate.

IRCC never stated specifically that the money should be there for 6 months but that the money should be there as at the time you are submitting your application. Therefore, they won't reject your application if it is not there for the whole 6 months. However, they don't want you to borrow the money, so any large lump sums deposited in your account within the 6 months will have to be explained. IRCC demands for 6 months average balance. if the average balance is over 20-25% different from your current balance, then they might be suspicious that you deposited a large sum within the 6 month. A gradual build up of the POF is okay. A good example is if you need to show $12k and you had $7.5k in month 1, $9k in month 2, $10.5k in month 3, $11.5k in month 4, $12.5k + in month 5 and 6 . The average balance for the 6 months is about $10.6k, so it is okay.

Please note that how the average balance is calculated varies bank by bank. Some bank will sum all the daily balances over the past 6 months and divide it by the total no of days (say 180 days), some will take the balances at the last day of each month, sum it up and divide by 6, while some will provide average balances per month (that is you will have 6 different average balances, one for each month). My bank actually used the last scenario I gave.

You can see that based on the info my bank gave me, any large deposits that sat in my account for too long will increase the average balance for that month. So, it will require me to provide an explanation on the source of the large deposits. However, if my bank had provided only 1 figure of average balance instead of 6 different figures, it might not have been so obvious.

Some bank will even refuse to provide the letter. In that situation, you will be forced to provide your bank statements which will lead to a more detailed scrutiny of the outflows and inflows in your account.

I hope you understand the explanations I gave.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 12:08pm On Jul 25, 2016
500k might be or might not be a lump sum.

For instance, if your combined household income is up to N1 million and you can afford to save 500k per month, then you can point out that to the case officer. However, if your combined household income is 300k, it is impossible to save 500k in a month. To you, that is a lump sum.

I don't have any information about the banks that give the required letter. Others might be able to though.

revlane:
Your breakdown on POF is very enlightening. Thanks for taking out time to explain in detail.
1. How is lump sum defined. Will 500k count as lump sum?
2. Which banks offer the letter and which banks do not? I think those with experience should share so we can know the bank to build for POF. I have a diamond bank account and a GT bank account.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ruby31: 1:05pm On Jul 25, 2016
Hi all,

I would very much appreciate if i can get responses to my questions:

I have 3 accounts that sums up my POF. I intend to get the statements for all 3 accounts to send/upload for SINP and NBPNP respectively.

I intend to transfer all the funds into just one of the accounts and then fix after i have sent my POF with my applications.

question 1. Is this a good move?

question 2. Or on the flip side, can i compress all three accounts into one and fix it and THEN send this as my POF?

question 3. At what point do i need to pull my application from a particular province? I have an application with OINP ( sent in Feb), which i have not gotten any response to a (Acknowledgement of receipt (AOR))of application for since then. I just applied to SINP EE on July 20 and i got an ITA from NB on July 20 as well and am about to send my full application next week.

Kindly advise as i would not want to jeopardize my PR chances based on lack of ignorance in a scenario like this.

Thank you all so much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:34pm On Jul 25, 2016
Wow!!!
3 PNP applications when most people are struggling to get one. I admire your determination. I wish you all the best and I pray you get nominated and then get PPR soon. Once you get nomination from one of the provinces, you can discard the others.

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong in converting your POF to fixed deposit or transferring them to just one account. However, traceability of the source of the funds is essential. Just ensure that the fixed deposit is in your name and can be traced back to your 3 accounts. The probability of IRCC requesting for POF again after submitting you application is low but never say never as some people have been asked to do so.

Ruby31:
Hi all,

I would very much appreciate if i can get responses to my questions:

I have 3 accounts that sums up my POF. I intend to get the statements for all 3 accounts to send/upload for SINP and NBPNP respectively.

I intend to transfer all the funds into just one of the accounts and then fix after i have sent my POF with my applications.

question 1. Is this a good move?

question 2. Or on the flip side, can i compress all three accounts into one and fix it and THEN send this as my POF?

question 3. At what point do i need to pull my application from a particular province? I have an application with OINP ( sent in Feb), which i have not gotten any response to a (Acknowledgement of receipt (AOR))of application for since then. I just applied to SINP EE on July 20 and i got an ITA from NB on July 20 as well and am about to send my full application next week.

Kindly advise as i would not want to jeopardize my PR chances based on lack of ignorance in a scenario like this.

Thank you all so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ruby31: 1:42pm On Jul 25, 2016
dupyshoo:
Wow!!!
3 PNP applications when most people are struggling to get one. I admire your determination. I wish you all the best and I pray you get PPR soon.

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong in converting your POF to fixed deposit or transferring them to just one account. However, traceability of the source of the funds is essential. Just ensure that the fixed deposit is in your name and can be traced back to your 3 accounts. The probability of IRCC requesting for POF again after submitting you application is low but never say never as some people have been asked to do so.

grin Amen o! As in!! I want to be like you ni!!! I have been on this Canada matter for years now(As far back as 2011 angry). Procrastination as well other pressing personal needs have delayed me till now. I just officially started the journey again last year and by God's grace i know i will be compensated for '' the lost times''. Lol. This forum has really helped too with getting the right information at the right time so i am pretty hopeful that now is the time for me!

That being said, thank you for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate it and good luck whenever you decide to fully settle into your new country. smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
By God's grace, you will surely get PPR soon. SINP seems to be the fastest most times. There are exceptions though. As there is no law that says you have to stay wherever you get PNP, just go for the first province that issue you nomination.

How I wish you can transfer nominations to others in case you get more than one nominations.

Ruby31:

grin Amen o! As in!! I want to be like you ni!!! I have been on this Canada matter for years now(As far back as 2011 angry). Procrastination as well other pressing personal needs have delayed me till now. I just officially started the journey again last year and by God's grace i know i will be compensated for '' the lost times''. Lol. This forum has really helped too with getting the right information at the right time so i am pretty hopeful that now is the time for me!

That being said, thank you for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate it and good luck whenever you decide to fully settle into your new country. smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ruby31: 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2016
dupyshoo:
By God's grace, you will surely get PPR soon. SINP seems to be the fastest most times. There are exceptions though. As there is no law that says you have to stay wherever you get PNP, just go for the first province that issue you nomination.

How I wish you can transfer nominations to others in case you get more than one nominations.

Amen. I so cannot wait to come back here and testify!

Funny, i was still telling my hubby yesterday that i wish nominations were transferable so i could pass it on to someone who really needs it, when we get more than one.

We can only pray that as many people that apply gets favorable responses speedily.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 3:21pm On Jul 25, 2016
I'm having a tough time paying online for iqas credential evaluation for my spouses degree certificate using my GTB ATM. Any clue on how to resolve this?

Cc iphie25

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.