Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599061 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by socialmisfit: 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hello guys,

I'm about to create my express entry pool profile. The problem is I have 4 years work experience in two different NOCs but about 2 years work experience in each NOC (Finance & HR). Is it possible to claim 3 or more years work experience while creating my profile? or can I only claim the no of years work experience (1-2 years) for only one of the NOCs?

Please help guys.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bumdesh: 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
[quote author=socialmisfit post=48738477]Hello guys,
I'm about to create my express entry pool profile. The problem is I have 4 years work experience in two different NOCs but about 2 years work experience in each NOC (Finance & HR). Is it possible to claim 3 or more years work experience while creating my profile? or can I only claim the no of years work experience (1-2 years) for only one of the NOCs?
Please help guys.

Hi since in total combination of all ur work experience it amounts to 4 years you can definitely choose 3 or more OR 4 years.
Also u can use multiple NOCs for ur work experience ( e.g 2011-2013 and 2014-2016)so far u can provide references letter from ur employer to actually show you did those duties.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 9:12pm On Aug 23, 2016
socialmisfit:
Hello guys,

Please help guys.

Thanks.
As long as the both Professional Jobs, you can claim points for both so you still have 4 years experience .worst case fill the profile form with the right details and see the result. Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 9:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
Garykasparov:

@Easther25, You are welcome, Good you have done the needful, an additional advice will be to start building your bank account vis-a-vis the amount required by CIC for your number of family(find on Page 0)
Please proceed by applying into the express entry pool, your application will cover you and your family as you must declare them. However, if you need additional points in the pool, you will have to encourage your hubby to sit the IELTS and get his credentials evaluated.

@Hartson, your response was really inappropriate that time.
Ooops!! you are very funny.I taught you would have say something special without mentioning that her hubby need to sit for IELTS and have his credentials assessed.Point of correction,is not if she needs additional points in the pool,if she needs additional points in her EE Profile then she need to advice her hubby to do the needful.For her to get a reasonable number of points her IELTS test grades & ECA only wont be enough so her hubby's test grades and ECA will also complement her points.Shikina

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 8:25am On Aug 24, 2016
powermike9999:
IQAS sent e-mail today with an attachment stating that wifey's law degree has been evaluated as a 1st professional degree while we await the hard copy. Thanks to @iphie for d guidance.

I'm glad to hear this! Seems they took my feedback on establishing more communication with clients or did you specifically request for this? I already feel like a shareholder in IQAS...PPR should come so that I can sharply go to gov of Alberta to demand my dividend(s). grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 8:39am On Aug 24, 2016
iphie25:

I'm glad to hear this! Seems they took my feedback on establishing more communication with clients or did you specifically request for this? I already feel like a shareholder in IQAS...PPR should come so that I can sharply go to gov of Alberta to demand my dividend(s). grin

Hahaha, I am telling you! I even thought you had travelled since.....all the best as you wait!

For an engaged doctor at 29 currently undergoing medical evaluation and ielts prep, do you think it's easier/better to apply into the ee pool as single as I will be 30 by February or get married first before applyi6into the pool?

Just wondering at what stage I will involve spouse because planning to get married in December next year! Need advice from the gurus so I claim maximum points

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by socialmisfit: 9:14am On Aug 24, 2016
[quote author=Bumdesh post=48742410][/quote]

Thanks so much..God bless you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:17am On Aug 24, 2016
December next year is still very far na.

Who knows what can happen before then. My advice is for you to enter into the pool as soon as your ECA and IELTS are ready. If you get married before ITA, your CRS score will drop as your spouse will be required to earn 30 points out of your CRS score.

However, If you get married while your application is still in process or you are yet to land after PPR, you will need to inform IRCC. The following will be required from you: Spouse PCC and Medicals, Marriage certificate and updated POF for family of 2.

Finally, if you get married after landing, you will have to sponsor your spouse PR. This takes about 2 years and you will have to meet a certain Salary threshold. In addition, you will have to be in Canada to sponsor your spouse (Please verify these details as things might have changed).

esosa4real:

Hahaha, I am telling you! I even thought you had travelled since.....all the best as you wait!

For an engaged doctor at 29 currently undergoing medical evaluation and ielts prep, do you think it's easier/better to apply into the ee pool as single as I will be 30 by February or get married first before applyi6into the pool?

Just wondering at what stage I will involve spouse because planning to get married in December next year! Need advice from the gurus so I claim maximum points

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by socialmisfit: 9:17am On Aug 24, 2016
Fusion23:

As long as the both Professional Jobs, you can claim points for both so you still have 4 years experience .worst case fill the profile form with the right details and see the result. Regards.

Okay..Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by holukayode: 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #41 – August 24, 2016

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (August 24, 2016).

Ottawa, August 24, 2016

JOHN MCCALLUM
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (AUGUST 24, 2016)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on August 24, 2016 and ending on August 25, 2016 is 750.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on August 24, 2016 at 12:12:22 UTC, have been assigned a total of 538 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
hartson:
Ooops!! you are very funny.I taught you would have say something special without mentioning that her hubby need to sit for IELTS and have his credentials assessed.Point of correction,is not if she needs additional points in the pool,if she needs additional points in her EE Profile then she need to advice her hubby to do the needful.For her to get a reasonable number of points her IELTS test grades & ECA only wont be enough so her hubby's test grades and ECA will also complement her points.Shikina

What's this one saying? Look at your grammar.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by segbas(m): 3:54pm On Aug 24, 2016
750 ITA has just been issued. People from with CRS Score of 538 and above were issued ITA.

This point no dey laugh this days oooo.... I know better days are coming.... when something goes up, it will surely come down...

Congrats to those who has been issued and I will them good luck in the race.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TeesMom: 5:18pm On Aug 24, 2016
[quote author=holukayode post=48764124]Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #41 – August 24, 2016

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (August 24, 2016).

Ottawa, August 24, 2016

JOHN MCCALLUM
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (AUGUST 24, 2016)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on August 24, 2016 and ending on August 25, 2016 is 750.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on August 24, 2016 at 12:12:22 UTC, have been assigned a total of 538 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.[
538? Na wa ooo
I'm at 366.
Canada I am coming for you. Hian!!
]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 5:30pm On Aug 24, 2016
538.......nawa oooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 6:44pm On Aug 24, 2016
Garykasparov:

What's this one saying? Look at your grammar.
Hey grammarian,Better be on your lane if not I will hit you with words you wont like.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 6:57pm On Aug 24, 2016
Please i got a mail from WES that they have sent my document to my school for verification, but my school imo state university and national open university keeps saying they are yet to receive any mail from them.
Please anybody have an idea who they send the mail to or how i can contact WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2016
specrealq:
Please i got a mail from WES that they have sent my document to my school for verification, but my school imo state university and national open university keeps saying they are yet to receive any mail from them.
It would have been easy to track your documents using tracking number but because you used regular mail service the documents may still be on transit.Keep an eye on exams & records dept
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jar: 10:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
hello, my name is J. I am a nurse, married with a 5months old baby. I want to migrate to Canada, am yet To Do Ielts exam. I activated job alerts in Canada, with the hope I get a job offer, up to no avail .thought of entering Canada through study, but because of my baby, I was told might be difficult to get a visa for just my baby and I. I was advised my husband comes along with me. I was wondering if it was possible, if we show availability of funds and what visa will they grant him? thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 12:40am On Aug 25, 2016
segbas:
750 ITA has just been issued. People from with CRS Score of 538 and above were issued ITA.

This point no dey laugh this days oooo.... I know better days are coming.... when something goes up, it will surely come down...

Congrats to those who has been issued and I will them good luck in the race.

Na him we still de wait dollar so. grin cheesy grin Proof of funds increasing everyday....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 1:31am On Aug 25, 2016
specrealq:
+14169720070 wes if u call ask what date and what medium was the used. they normally use email and or post. at worse ask them to resend the email if possible. follow up on ur unis too ..wes takes time while calling like 15mins to even answer. better you use internet call like voip. or send them a mail thru contact us link http://www.wes.org/ca/support/
this will take like 3 working days to get a reply so put as much details as possible.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pearharbour(m): 12:35pm On Aug 25, 2016
beyunce:

Na him we still de wait dollar so. grin cheesy grin Proof of funds increasing everyday....

Am telling you....It sickens me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by spicengo: 1:17am On Aug 26, 2016
pls how did you make payments. i am having difficulties paying with my gtb card

muyiwaojo1:
OK, that's how I got an email from IQAS on August 3, that they have my documents and my file has been placed in line for processing. Only for me to get a call from my office that I have a mail from IQAS, and also got an email from IQAS, that my evaluation has been concluded....
I was shocked... That was damn too fast and efficient.
I wonder why some people still use WES tho.
Thanks iphie25 and everyone.
So I have my ielts and ECA now, please what next..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by muyiwaojo1(m): 6:53am On Aug 26, 2016
I paid with my a friends gtb Mastercard (current account). And it worked. But ensure u have enough funds in the account and probably try it around 7pm Nigerian time. I'm not saying those are major factors that will allow it go through.... I'm just saying, coz that's how I did mine and it worked. God bless...

spicengo:
pls how did you make payments. i am having difficulties paying with my gtb card

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Angel005: 11:08am On Aug 26, 2016
Hello House,

Please is IQAS strictly for Alberta or accepted in other provinces?

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 12:51pm On Aug 26, 2016
Angel005:
Hello House,

Please is IQAS strictly for Alberta or accepted in other provinces?

Thanks!

It is accepted in other provinces.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LaserFocus: 4:08pm On Aug 26, 2016
Hello guys,

I do not have any relative in Canada. I want to apply for PNP. Do any of the provinces accept applications from people without relatives in Canada. Which provinces should I apply to.

Please help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 1stNumeroUno: 4:15pm On Aug 26, 2016
Hi guys, Is IQAS the same as ICAS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cutiefy: 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2016
LaserFocus:
Hello guys,

I do not have any relative in Canada. I want to apply for PNP. Do any of the provinces accept applications from people without relatives in Canada. Which provinces should I apply to.

Please help.
yes, it is accepted
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LaserFocus: 5:39pm On Aug 26, 2016
Thanks so much cutiefy for your quick response.
Which provinces can you recommend to me. I don't have enough scores on the EE profile so I'm heavily depending on pnp.

cutiefy:
yes, it is accepteud
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 6:35pm On Aug 26, 2016
1stNumeroUno:
Hi guys, Is IQAS the same as ICAS?

No, they are different. You can google both institutions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 1stNumeroUno: 8:21pm On Aug 26, 2016
tundechange:

No, they are different. You can google both institutions.

Thanks tundechange! Just goggled it, but wondering why ICAS is not as popular as IQAS and WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 9:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
I wish I knew about IQAS all the while, I tried ICAS out and we have been on it since may. It takes 24 weeks according to them to get an ECA.
Please try out others, ICAS is definitely the slowest.

1stNumeroUno:

Thanks tundechange! Just goggled it, but wondering why ICAS is not as popular as IQAS and WES.

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.