Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599118 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sholemania: 7:30am On Aug 18, 2016
...and this one too... for a mobile guide

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by muyiwaojo1(m): 10:42am On Aug 18, 2016
hello everyone, i and my wife did IELTS and we also have our ECA via IQAS already.so we are about creating an EE profile. i read here a while ago that its advisable we have 2 different separate profiles. originally,i want my wife to be the PA. so i don't know which second profile am to open again.Asides my wife being the PA,can i open ;1) another EE profile showing me as the PA? 2)another profile stating im single? 3? another profile showing shes the PA but traveling alone please advice ......
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by segbas(m): 11:05am On Aug 18, 2016
You can create two profile based on your score or who you think would be most qualified based on the parameters of AGE, Education etc....

And Also, How long did he takes IQAS to evaluate your Educational Certificates... I want to compare.

Also has anyone evaluates his or her Certificates from an Indian School?

muyiwaojo1:
hello everyone, i and my wife did IELTS and we also have our ECA via IQAS already.so we are about creating an EE profile. i read here a while ago that its advisable we have 2 different separate profiles. originally,i want my wife to be the PA. so i don't know which second profile am to open again.Asides my wife being the PA,can i open ;1) another EE profile showing me as the PA? 2)another profile stating im single? 3? another profile showing shes the PA but traveling alone please advice ......
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by muyiwaojo1(m): 11:17am On Aug 18, 2016
It took IQAS less than 15days or so to evaluate my credentials. I think it's fast coz of my institution. My wife's own isn't out yet, and we our credentials got to IQAS the same day. So I'm still waiting for her own.
If my wife is the PA, we obviously have higher points due to her age and certifications. So knowing that fully well, do we still need to open 2 profiles? If yes, which should be d second profile and why?

segbas:
You can create two profile based on your score or who you think would be most qualified based on the parameters of AGE, Education etc....

And Also, How long did he takes IQAS to evaluate your Educational Certificates... I want to compare.

Also has anyone evaluates his or her Certificates from an Indian School?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:25am On Aug 18, 2016
You don't have to create 2 profiles. Since you stated that you will have higher CRS score with your wife as PA, then you should create a profile with your wife as the PA.

However, if your NOC is highly desirable in some provinces and you stand a better chance of getting PNP, you can create a second profile with you as the PA.

You can't state you are single when you are married. That is misrepresentation. Also, if both of you will be travelling together, you can state your spouse is non accompanying.

muyiwaojo1:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pearharbour(m): 12:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
dfash2000:

yes you are, but hope you know someone iƱ Manitoba 'cos that's the main criteria.

yes i do....

Regardless, i think am going for a EoR cos i need a band 7.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pearharbour(m): 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
debeams:
Here is to both share my testimony and also encourage someone that's indecisive.
Like I've stated somewhere on earlier on the thread, I wrote my IELTS on the 4th of June with the following result
L 8.5
R 8.5
W 6
S 7
I went for the result on the 20th of June & I didn't even bother to take it out refusing, rejecting and submitting for EOR, Long story short, 7weeks on, today I got my reply with the following result
L 8.5
R 8.5
W 8
S 7. My speaking was not increased but I forgive them TWO (2) whole band review on my writing.
So here's my big thanks to all those that shared link for IELTS prep way back. iphie28 (sorry if I miss the figure) et all, now I can boldly say THANK YOU & GOD BLESS YOU

Thanks for sharing this. However, have been contemplating on applying for EoR, but with what you've written, will go to their office tomorrow to apply against my "writing" test. I need an overall band 7. Will update the house in 7-weeks time.

got my result last week:
Listening: 7.5
Reading: 6.0
Writing: 5.5
Speaking: 6.5

Hopefully, it will come out as expected.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ruby31: 2:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
beyunce:

Reason why I didn't even bother with Quebec. Their processing time na to die for again. cheesy

Hello Beyunce. Lol. @Quebec. People are speculating that Saskatchewan will re-open again on the 20th like they have done for the past 3 months. Maybe you should register and get your documents ready. In other news, you submitted your application to NB yet? AOR yet? Pls share.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamalaj(f): 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
Good day, Thanks for the info but i still need clarity on some info.

1. I want to apply for EE can i also apply for province just in case one is faster in giving invitation, is it possible to have 2 profiles for 2 diferrent options.

2. I read somewhere that if you get a job offer in Canada you do not need proof of funds, has anybody gone through this route?

3. We intend that my husband would be the PA, but what if i(not PA) get the employment would it be of any relevance?

Please help a sister smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 3:45pm On Aug 18, 2016
1. There is nothing stopping you from searching for provincial nomination while in the express entry pool. You don't need 2 different profiles

2. Yes, you don't need POF if you get a job offer in Canada. Please note that it is currently very difficult to get a job in Canada from outside Canada especially if you are not yer a Permanent Resident as you will need a positive LMIA.

3. It is easy to create another profile and make whoever gets the job as the PA

mamalaj:
Good day, Thanks for the info but i still need clarity on some info.

1. I want to apply for EE can i also apply for province just in case one is faster in giving invitation, is it possible to have 2 profiles for 2 diferrent options.

2. I read somewhere that if you get a job offer in Canada you do not need proof of funds, has anybody gone through this route?

3. We intend that my husband would be the PA, but what if i(not PA) get the employment would it be of any relevance?

Please help a sister smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teelurv(f): 4:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
OH really....for the past 3 months?! I thought Saskatchewan only opens in January
Ruby31:

Hello Beyunce. Lol. @Quebec. People are speculating that Saskatchewan will re-open again on the 20th like they have done for the past 3 months. Maybe you should register and get your documents ready. In other news, you submitted your application to NB yet? AOR yet? Pls share.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kakamsi: 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
dupyshoo:
You don't have to create 2 profiles. Since you stated that you will have higher CRS score with your wife as PA, then you should create a profile with your wife as the PA.

However, if your NOC is highly desirable in some provinces and you stand a better chance of getting PNP, you can create a second profile with you as the PA.

You can't state you are single when you are married. That is misrepresentation. Also, if both of you will be travelling together, you can state your spouse is non accompanying.

Can i create or apply for EE without presenting my spouse IELTS and his ECA. Because my spouse has only secondary school diploma and he says he can't write IELTS. Pls has anyone being in d same shoes with me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kakamsi: 6:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
debeams:
Here is to both share my testimony and also encourage someone that's indecisive.
Like I've stated somewhere on earlier on the thread, I wrote my IELTS on the 4th of June with the following result
L 8.5
R 8.5
W 6
S 7
I went for the result on the 20th of June & I didn't even bother to take it out refusing, rejecting and submitting for EOR, Long story short, 7weeks on, today I got my reply with the following result
L 8.5
R 8.5
W 8
S 7. My speaking was not increased but I forgive them TWO (2) whole band review on my writing.
So here's my big thanks to all those that shared link for IELTS prep way back. iphie28 (sorry if I miss the figure) et all, now I can boldly say THANK YOU & GOD BLESS YOU

Pls can you share the website where u studied before you wrote you IELTS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 8:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
Please Wes said awaiting verification from institution, does that mean they have received the transcript.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by segbas(m): 8:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
try ieltsbuddy.com

kakamsi:

Pls can you share the website where u studied before you wrote you IELTS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walexlo78: 9:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
But they cannot continue with this 3yrs leadtime. I guess the processing time will change with the automation of the application process.

Nogen:

3 years for Nigerians is certainly a long time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 9:52pm On Aug 18, 2016
specrealq:
Please Wes said awaiting verification from institution, does that mean they have received the transcript.

Yes, they have received your transcript and also sent a verification letter to your school to confirm the authenticity of the document.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 11:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
Ruby31:

If Sakatchewan open this 20th, snow will fall in naija.lol
Jokes apart, 20th is Saturday and I do not see that happening, as they do not work Saturdays. Apart from that my Noc ain't on their in demand list also, so no way there for me, unless they include my Noc.
Sent my docs to NB oo. Still waiting on AOR. Not worried much anyways since I'm sure it delivered. If I hear nothing by the end of tomorrow, I will call them on Monday. How about yours? AOR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 7:57am On Aug 19, 2016
Yes you can if you are the Primary Applicant but it will reduce your CRS score.

kakamsi:

Can i create or apply for EE without presenting my spouse IELTS and his ECA. Because my spouse has only secondary school diploma and he says he can't write IELTS. Pls has anyone being in d same shoes with me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ruby31: 9:06am On Aug 19, 2016
beyunce:

If Sakatchewan open this 20th, snow will fall in naija.lol
Jokes apart, 20th is Saturday and I do not see that happening, as they do not work Saturdays. Apart from that my Noc ain't on their in demand list also, so no way there for me, unless they include my Noc.
Sent my docs to NB oo. Still waiting on AOR. Not worried much anyways since I'm sure it delivered. If I hear nothing by the end of tomorrow, I will call them on Monday. How about yours? AOR?

Lol. Na real snow will fall. I didnt even know 20th is a saturday. I just went with the speculations which i kind of agree with sha cos i knew it opened on May 20th but the cap was filled before i could submit. It opened June 20th but didn't hear about it on time. But was lucky to have been very prepared for the July 20th opening which i submitted for and my status is already showing ''in process''. So maybe not 20th because its a saturday but maybe sometime the following week. Plus who knows, they just might modify the occupations in demand and yours might be included. Just be on the look out sha.
As for NB, it got there 3rd of August, got AOR on the 12th. All the best in all our endeavors jare!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 9:59am On Aug 19, 2016
provincial nomination is the way to go now. Immigrating to canada is getting stiffer day by day.

e be like na to stay Naija b d best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 10:31am On Aug 19, 2016
Ruby31:

Lol. Na real snow will fall. I didnt even know 20th is a saturday. I just went with the speculations which i kind of agree with sha cos i knew it opened on May 20th but the cap was filled before i could submit. It opened June 20th but didn't hear about it on time. But was lucky to have been very prepared for the July 20th opening which i submitted for and my status is already showing ''in process''. So maybe not 20th because its a saturday but maybe sometime the following week. Plus who knows, they just might modify the occupations in demand and yours might be included. Just be on the look out sha.
As for NB, it got there 3rd of August, got AOR on the 12th. All the best in all our endeavors jare!
Thanks.
All the best to you too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yinyinola: 12:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
hello every1. I just attended the new brunswick information session in london. no ITAs were issued. was told to submit EOI by email. They obviously bit more than they could chew at the Dubai session.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
primeson1:
provincial nomination is the way to go now. Immigrating to canada is getting stiffer day by day.

e be like na to stay Naija b d best.

I absolutely agree with you, and its quite unfortunate. Immigration is becoming stiffer worldwide and that's because of one thing- GLOBAL RECESSION. but the thing is, unlike other past global recessions which was directly attributed to WORLD WARS, this one is a Low-key global deep recession, and in my opinion there is a grand conspiracy to down-play it or worst still conceal it by world powers and media. However, from my personal observation i think the problem is actually SUSTAINABILITY. Resources on earth can no longer serve the growing world population, everything is getting scarce (opportunities, scholarships, full-time jobs e.t.c), all man thinking for himself, Countries thinking for only their citizens and territories e.g BREXIT and the Trump ideology, which makes me think although things will eventually get better, but they will never be like they were before.

Now to Canada Immigration, the bottom line is that they are also in recession, albeit a manageable one. There has been increase in unemployment rate in the country as well, particularly in Alberta. This is one of the many reasons to cut down on economic migrants, even though they need migrants to bring in funds (your PoF), and to boost their ageing population, they can no longer guarantee jobs or rather avoiding pressure on existing job market (weighing this options i believe is still ongoing). In western countries, JOBS is everything, their economy will collapse if otherwise, unlike Nigeria where you are still good without a job for a year plus owing one year house rent.

In my opinion, i think the draws will continue this way for a while. They have increased some of the province allocation to send invites for nomination, as a result, i think the federal has handed much of the process to the Provinces- to invite according to their needs and capacity.

So my people, i believe PNP is the way to go.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 19, 2016
Garykasparov:

I absolutely agree with you, and its quite unfortunate. Immigration is becoming stiffer worldwide and that's because of one thing- GLOBAL RECESSION. but the thing is, unlike other past global recessions which was directly attributed to WORLD WARS, this one is a Low-key global deep recession, and in my opinion there is a grand conspiracy to down-play it or worst still conceal it by world powers and media. However, from my personal observation i think the problem is actually SUSTAINABILITY. Resources on earth can no longer serve the growing world population, everything is getting scarce (opportunities, scholarships, full-time jobs e.t.c), all man thinking for himself, Countries thinking for only their citizens and territories e.g BREXIT and the Trump ideology, which makes me think although things will eventually get better, but they will never be like they were before.

Now to Canada Immigration, the bottom line is that they are also in recession, albeit a manageable one. There has been increase in unemployment rate in the country as well, particularly in Alberta. This is one of the many reasons to cut down on economic migrants, even though they need migrants to bring in funds (your PoF), and to boost their ageing population, they can no longer guarantee jobs or rather avoiding pressure on existing job market (weighing this options i believe is still ongoing). In western countries, JOBS is everything, their economy will collapse if otherwise, unlike Nigeria where you are still good without a job for a year plus owing one year house rent.

In my opinion, i think the draws will continue this way for a while. They have increased some of the province allocation to send invites for nomination, as a result, i think the federal has handed much of the process to the Provinces- to invite according to their needs and capacity.

So my people, i believe PNP is the way to go.
You are very correct. The economy is very bad at the moment. Canada has a resource based economy (oil and mining). Price of oil and mining commodities crashed at the same time and there is no recovery in sight. Canada took a serious hit.probably why they want provinces to determine what they actually need.The news is filled with unpleasant stories. 31k jobs were shed all over canada in the month of july alone, companies freezing recruitments e.t.c ..may God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
My hubby read computer science and i saw SINP in demand occupation for computer and information system managers, does that mean we can apply wen next saskatchewan opens again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 19, 2016
specrealq:
My hubby read computer science and i saw SINP in demand occupation for computer and information system managers, does that mean we can apply wen next saskatchewan opens again.
i.e if your husband is actually has some work experienve as a manager in those field.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jango97: 10:52am On Aug 20, 2016
Ruby31:

@Ruby31 please what does the AOR mean? Is it different from the general auto response you get when you send your CV and EOI forms toentree.express.entry@gnb.ca? Brcause thats the only thing i got.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Vintagee: 1:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
Good afternoon all, I have been following this thread for sometime and I will need some clarifications. Must my children have international passport before I can create a profile on EE pool or can it wait till one gets ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by princessayinke: 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2016
Hello all. I am about applying for the EE. I have my ielts result ready L8.5 R7 S7 W7.5. My credentials have been evaluated by WES. When i did a check on if i am eligible my CRS was 400. I am thinking of applying for PNP but i cant seem to find a province thats in need of physiotherapists
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2016
princessayinke:
Hello all. I am about applying for the EE. I have my ielts result ready L8.5 R7 S7 W7.5. My credentials have been evaluated by WES. When i did a check on if i am eligible my CRS was 400. I am thinking of applying for PNP but i cant seem to find a province thats in need of physiotherapists
Sadly none at the moment. Hopefully more professions will get on those lists soon.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thetherapist: 8:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
princessayinke:

Check out Newfoundland and follow up. Physiotherapist was listed in the occupation in demand the last time it opened for PNP. Don't know if it would still be.
My major concern now is the proof of eligibility to practice as a physiotherapist in the province. You will have to include that in your application package.
If interested, I would advice you start your credentialing process with the Canadian physiotherapy board ( can't recollect the full name Jare) to get your proof of eligibility. Its costly though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.