Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2608703 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jelmusboy(m): 6:43pm On Dec 06, 2016
Thank you 00DE00 for that thorough explanation, really appreciate that.

To your question, I have a Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science degree and MSc in Environmental and Public Health. I'm nominating Medical Laboratory Technologist on the NOC cos that's the equivalent for my Bachelors in Canada and I have 5 years experience.

I will re-calculate my CRS and see what happened.

More suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

00DE00:

Firstly, your occupation and degree don't have to match. Secondly, You only get points for the highest degree, so your Msc in this case is all you need. In other words, your Bsc won't contribute any point, if your Masters corresponds to the Canadian equivalent. Go ahead without your Msc evaluation and don't bother with LAUTECH. Thirdly, I sincerely recommend you take IELTS again and aim for a score of 8.5, 8.0, 7.5, 7.5 in LRSW to get the maximum point or at least 8777. Your 7.5 in listening is going to cost you valuable points unless you plan on going through the PNP route. You can recalculate your score using the CRS tool to see how many points you lose/gain with the different scores above. Finally, just to be extra certain and probably what I should've asked first, What's your Msc in and what NOC is your occupation under?.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by VERTEX1: 1:42am On Dec 07, 2016
Hello gurus in the house, I Fill and submitted my application at the postoffice. Am I safe.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 2:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
showerses:
Iphie25 Thank you so much for your response, i am asking also for my certificate to be included as it is still with my school and the guy agreed to put a photocopy of it should he go ahead or send only the transcript and the WES Transcript request form

He should go ahead. Hope he did. Sorry for the late reply
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 3:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
Which application? Is it paper-based one?

VERTEX1:
Hello gurus in the house, I Fill and submitted my application at the postoffice. Am I safe.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by showerses: 6:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
Thank you Iphie25
iphie25:

He should go ahead. Hope he did. Sorry for the late reply
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by richieadeolu: 6:52pm On Dec 07, 2016
which application did you submit at the post office?
VERTEX1:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 8:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
showerses:
Please how long did it take WES to complete your ECA

8 solid months cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by showerses: 10:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
8 what? are you for real shocked and they stated 20 business days on their website or was there any issue cos am so scared here now
primeson1:

8 solid months cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bumdesh: 10:51pm On Dec 07, 2016
showerses:
The gurus in the house please help me out I want my ECA to be done by WES but please i need your input, since i graduated i have not collected my Certificate due to time only have my Statement of result, now i contacted my school for my transcript and i want them to include a photocopy of my certificate which they have accepted and i also told them about the Transcript request form from WES and the guy asked me to scan and send to him to also include , my people is it advisable or my school should just send only my transcript

Yes WES accept statement of result, so far ur school sends transcript.
Am in d same situation with you and I hv done my ECA earlier in the year
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fizzle344: 1:51pm On Dec 08, 2016
Hello. I applied for the MPNP EOI with a score score of 562 since April and till now no news. Kindly advice on what to do. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ajiifixing(m): 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
fizzle344:
Hello. I applied for the MPNP EOI with a score score of 562 since April and till now no news. Kindly advice on what to do. Thanks

With 562 why do you need MPNP?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fizzle344: 4:57pm On Dec 08, 2016
EOI score of 562 since April and haven't heard from the Canadian Embassy. Kindly put me thru on what to do. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nievel: 6:24pm On Dec 08, 2016
iphie25:

I did it and it worked perfectly for both WES and IQAS.
I sent the docs to my faculty officer and he sent them in a separate brown envelope but in the same postal envelope to both orgs. Meaning my transcripts were in one envelope, my certs etc were in another envelope but they were sent to the org in the same postal envelope. So you can do yours same way. Remember ur uni has to stamp across the flap.

Thanks so much Iphie25. Much appreciated!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 8:15pm On Dec 08, 2016
Hello House. Please I need advice. I applied for sinp OID and I was sent a mail to provide additional information and it asked me for settlement funds of about can$19000. But what baffles me is that during the application I used two fixed deposit certificates from two different banks. One in the tone of #3.4 million naira which is fixed for a year till November 2017 and the other is to liquidate end of November, 2016 which is about 3 million too. Is it because of this second one they ask for settlement fund? And if am to send, do I still need to include the one still running to another one to complete the 19000 as that #3,4 is about 15000? Please I need ur response as I have 40 days to respond to them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamalaj(f): 9:36pm On Dec 08, 2016
Good evening, please I have a problem. I requested a remark for ielts and the score changed therefore I qualify for a refund. However my receipt is lost, is there any suggestions on how to go about it without the receipt? Has anyone experienced such and how did u solve it? Please help a sister
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 12:40am On Dec 09, 2016
Doggys:
Hello House. Please I need advice. I applied for sinp OID and I was sent a mail to provide additional information and it asked me for settlement funds of about can$19000. But what baffles me is that during the application I used two fixed deposit certificates from two different banks. One in the tone of #3.4 million naira which is fixed for a year till November 2017 and the other is to liquidate end of November, 2016 which is about 3 million too. Is it because of this second one they ask for settlement fund? And if am to send, do I still need to include the one still running to another one to complete the 19000 as that #3,4 is about 15000? Please I need ur response as I have 40 days to respond to them.
please do not waste time and send them updated statements or fixed deposits certificates. They are trying to confirm if you still have the funds in your account. As long as you have the required fund for your family size, you are good and everything else is good, you should receive your nomination once they are satisfied.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 12:44am On Dec 09, 2016
fizzle344:
EOI score of 562 since April and haven't heard from the Canadian Embassy. Kindly put me thru on what to do. Thanks

you will need to wait until they have a draw and you meet the cut off. If you qualify for other province go ahead and apply if not, you just have to wait until you are slected by Manitoba to submit a full application. Just get the required documents ready.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Mzstephh(f): 1:14am On Dec 09, 2016
teehey:
Hello house, I'm a pharmacist, how do I go abt my transcript bn assessed. How much is it?
I donno if you got a response, only just reading this thread now. But you need to get ur documents evaluated by PEBC that is the first step. Please check the PEBC website.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tmeeto: 2:26am On Dec 09, 2016
mamalaj:
Good evening, please I have a problem. I requested a remark for ielts and the score changed therefore I qualify for a refund. However my receipt is lost, is there any suggestions on how to go about it without the receipt? Has anyone experienced such and how did u solve it? Please help a sister

Hi, how do i go about an IELTS remark request?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cecegal: 4:34am On Dec 09, 2016
Good morning,

Please what message is that?Didnt get any mail from IRCC.

boldinc:
Hey guys... For those in the pool, I'm sure you must have gotten the email from IRCC stating that 'regular' rounds of invitation will begin from next week.

So, for those worried about the high cut-off from the last draw, It was specifically for people that already have a PNP. I had mentioned this earlier...

I believe the number of ITAs will continue to increase and the cut-off will drop in the next few rounds.

All the best everyone! Stay hopeful...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fizzle344: 7:15am On Dec 09, 2016
beyunce:

you will need to wait until they have a draw and you meet the cut off. If you qualify for other province go ahead and apply if not, you just have to wait until you are slected by Manitoba to submit a full application. Just get the required documents ready.

Thanks bae for the warm reply. Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kemmytino(f): 2:25pm On Dec 09, 2016
Please house, am kind of new to the processes. I have done ielts (9,8,7,7); wes evaluation (Canadian masters) and I don't know what steps to follow now. I need your professional advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 09, 2016
kemmytino:
Please house, am kind of new to the processes. I have done ielts (9,8,7,7); wes evaluation (Canadian masters) and I don't know what steps to follow now. I need your professional advice

Congrats l like your result go to page 0 start from there and if there questions we all here to answer and contribute

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ruby31: 4:08pm On Dec 09, 2016
Hello everyone,

Please anyone know the designated hospitals to use for medicals?

Any recommendations as to the most affordable will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ruby31: 4:09pm On Dec 09, 2016
Hello everyone,

Please anyone know the designated hospitals to use for medicals? Anyone for children?

Any recommendations as to the most affordable ones will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 5:16pm On Dec 09, 2016
Im creating my express entry profile do i need to fill my secondary school details in the education history or just my master degree info. I did wes evaluation for just my master degree.
Also was the best NOC for someone that read computer science.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 5:52pm On Dec 09, 2016
specrealq:
Im creating my express entry profile do i need to fill my secondary school details in the education history or just my master degree info. I did wes evaluation for just my master degree.
Also was the best NOC for someone that read computer science.
no need to fill your high school details. Just put in your masters that you evaluated. Once you get ITA you can put every other degree in personal history.
About your Noc. You have to choose a noc that suits or fits your current or past employment history. Noc is not chosen by your educational degree but by your work history.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 5:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ruby31:
Hello everyone,

Please anyone know the designated hospitals to use for medicals? Anyone for children?

Any recommendations as to the most affordable ones will be very much appreciated.
don't tell me NB don show with 600 points?
For medicals all family can do it at the same clinic. There is no clinic for kids only. I heard the hospitals on the mainland are cheaper compared to the ones on the island if you are in Lagos. If you are in Abuja, Abuja clinic charge about 48k for an adult. You can check cic website for available hospitals they use in Nigeria and call them up.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ruby31: 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
[quote author=beyunce post=51779603][/quote]

Babe! LOL! NB don dey on slow mo o!
I haven't heard from them since AOR.
I want to believe i passed first and second reviews sha and they are just waiting to nominate me grin
Anyways, that don't even matter anymore cos Ontario showed up with nomination last night!
I FREAKED as i def didnt see that coming AT ALL. Since Feb fa! LOL.
Anyways, thanks a lot for the hospital info.
Wassup with you? Any 600 from anywhere? smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kemmytino(f): 8:03pm On Dec 09, 2016
dannio:

Congrats l like your result go to page 0 start from there and if there questions we all here to answer and contribute

Thanks Dannio, I actually started from page 0 which got me to where I am now. But I don't know what next, is it EE or PNP or what. Pls your advise will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 9:43pm On Dec 09, 2016
kemmytino:

go ahead and create your express entry profile. If your score is in the 450s upwards to 470 you have a 60 percent chance of getting an ITA this month or sometime next year. If your score is lower, you might need to go the pnp route. what to do for now is create your EE profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 9:47pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ruby31:

Babe! LOL! NB don dey on slow mo o!
I haven't heard from
lol. Na really slow mo! But they surprised people today sha, Lots of nominations me self don give up hope on them!
Yes oo 600 don show from somewhere oo. cheesy na Accra turn to make things happen now.
Happy for you oo. Ontario putting smiles on people's face recently.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.