Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,093 members, 7,811,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599641 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by papjydos: 2:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
Hi Beyunce, how do one get Ontario PNP? Seems each province has its own requirement though.

[quote author=beyunce post=51785112]
lol. Na really slow mo! But they surprised people today sha, Lots of nominations me self don give up hope on them!
Yes oo 600 don show from somewhere oo. cheesy na Accra turn to make things happen now.
Happy for you oo. Ontario putting smiles on people's face recently.
[/quote
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pinkygrace(f): 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2016
yody:
Chai!!!!
Hello house, please please and please, i have read this thread from page 0 to 220( though skipped some parts)
I still dont understand all of these.
I beg you all to come to my rescue, no insult please, i swear i no understand.
I am married with two kids, am a microbiologist with 2 years working experience, husband is a medical doctor with 5 years experience (plus housemanship).
Our age group falls between the range 18-35. Husband does not want to write the canadian board exam for now cos of the cost and some other factors.
My questions:
* Is there any other route he can take with his certificate? Maybe a health officer, or something sha, not as a doctor per say
* can i also be the primary applicant?
* what are our chances
Note that we have not written english exam
Please try explain to me. From the begining of thr thread i saw that we need atleast 67, later i started seeing 364,475,456 and so on
Thanks and God bless you all

Your husband does not need to write any exams for EE all he needs is to have his document evaluated by MCC, when he come here he can decide what next to do, if he wants to practice as a doctor then he will need to write those exams if not he can switch his career.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pinkygrace(f): 4:03pm On Dec 13, 2016
[quote author=StNonsky post=51635343]Good day all. I'm searching for any Pharmacist that got ECA from WES because they don't want to sit for licensure exams straight away and it was accepted by CIC. Mine was rejected and PEBC is expensive as it is time consuming.

Expert opinions pls [/quote

If pharmacy is your primary tittle, then you must do your evaluation with PEBC, document evaluation cost between $1000-1500 all thing been equal and currently take between 6-8weeks to complete depending on how soon yiu send your complete package

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 4:10pm On Dec 13, 2016
Lol... Extremely boring!

Hopefully there will be a lot of good news tomorrow...

How's it going in Canada? You have moved haven't you?

dupyshoo:
lol. I have never seen a thread this boring before. I think it is because of the difficulty in achieving 450 CRS score. So, a lot of people have given up and gone to Australia PR thread.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pinkygrace(f): 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2016
[quote author=StNonsky post=51635343]Good day all. I'm searching for any Pharmacist that got ECA from WES because they don't want to sit for licensure exams straight away and it was accepted by CIC. Mine was rejected and PEBC is expensive as it is time consuming.

Expert opinions pls [/quote

If pharmacy is your primary tittle, then you must do your evaluation with PEBC, document evaluation cost between $1000-1500 all things been equal and currently takes between 6-8weeks to complete depending on how soon you can send your complete package

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 4:52pm On Dec 13, 2016
I just tire. It used to be so active in the past. Now, landed migrants oh, PR hopefuls, awaiting ITA hopefuls, etcetera. Everybody just dey kinda mute. sigh.
dupyshoo:
lol. I have never seen a thread this boring before. I think it is because of the difficulty in achieving 450 CRS score. So, a lot of people have given up and gone to Australia PR thread.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gbemmy777: 7:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
You are right about the australia o, even me that have not started the process at all is already scared of the points and australia seems easier. But hubby said its too far. Looking forward to tomorrow draw Maybe canada will be Fair. I pray to get PPR someday soon like u sis @ dupyshoo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 12:22am On Dec 14, 2016
papjydos:
Hi Beyunce, how do one get Ontario PNP? Seems each province has its own requirement though.

for Ontario, you need a crs score of 400+. If you meet this requirement you will get a notification of interest from them. But right now their EE human capital priorities stream is on hold until further notice. No one is sure on what changes they will put in place once they resume sending PTs. the only requirement use to be,having a CRS score of 400+. Although you also have to pay 1500cAd applications fees, once you get a PT from Ontario and decide to send in your application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by trishachi: 6:19am On Dec 14, 2016
omoba26:

No not yet open. I already have an account and have attached all documents. once open, i submit.
I only need to know the format of the settlement plan.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/lctvac/English/index

follow the link above, click on the start button and answer the questions that follow to generate your settlement plan.
Download the pdf file at the end of the process and upload to ur SNIP profile.
Hope you find this helpful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by papjydos: 7:54am On Dec 14, 2016
Are you saying they reach out to everyone that gets a CRS score of over 400? How come they haven't reached out to me then
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Saturi: 9:17am On Dec 14, 2016
Hello!

Am a single applicant and am I expected to fill the additional dependents/declaration forms below this is because they are not applicable to me.

Hence, should I just delete the screen and move on.

1). Family member.
2). Create a statutory declaration of common-law union screen
3). Create a translator affidavit screen
4). Create an additional dependent/declaration screen.
5). Create an additional family information screen.
6). Create an use of representative form.
7). Create a family member form.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:35am On Dec 14, 2016
Yeah, hopefully.

I am yet to relocate to Canada o.

boldinc:
Lol... Extremely boring!

Hopefully there will be a lot of good news tomorrow...

How's it going in Canada? You have moved haven't you?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Saturi: 10:14am On Dec 14, 2016
By the way this application is for SINP. Will appreciate the team's feedback on this.

Saturi:
Hello!

Am a single applicant and am I expected to fill the additional dependents/declaration forms below this is because they are not applicable to me.

Hence, should I just delete the screen and move on.

1). Family member.
2). Create a statutory declaration of common-law union screen
3). Create a translator affidavit screen
4). Create an additional dependent/declaration screen.
5). Create an additional family information screen.
6). Create an use of representative form.
7). Create a family member form.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 10:24am On Dec 14, 2016
Really? What is the delay?

Or you just taking your time? I assume you have gotten PR...

dupyshoo:
Yeah, hopefully.

I am yet to relocate to Canada o.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nievel: 10:30am On Dec 14, 2016
Hello house. Please what's the most affordable and reliable courier service to post documents to IQAS canada. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nievel: 10:34am On Dec 14, 2016
dupyshoo:

Quite boring I must say duppysho. But Australia major issue is your degree must match with your work experience and this doesn't favour most Nigerians at all. If not Australia would have been easybreezy!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:05am On Dec 14, 2016
Yeah, they both have their pros and cons. These are what I have been able to gather from the 2 systems.

Australia
Pros
1. POF not required
2. Age does not drop points significantly
3. BSc and Msc. get the same point
4. It takes roughly about 1 month to get PPR after AOR
5. You can get ITA with zero work experience (especially for Engineers)
6. It favours those with high number of years of work experience
7. It favours Engineers as most Engineers have their job code under SOL List and CSOL list and Engineer Australia can be very fast to evaluate qualifications
8. You can decide to write PTE instead of IELTS. People say PTE is easier

Cons
1. Application fee is about 3 times that of Canada
2. You will not only evaluate your certificate, you will have to evaluate your work experience as well if you plan to claim points for work experience
3. No of years of work experience are often reduced after evaluation
4. It can take ages to get work experience evaluated
5. You only get points at all if you have 3 or more years of work experience
6. You need all 7s in IELTS to get 10 points for language and all 8s to get 20 points
7. if your occupation is not under SOL list or CSOL list, it is nearly impossible to get PR
8. It is nearly impossible for Medical doctors, lawyers, etc for to get PR as they will need to pass their professional exams first before applying
9. Work experience must be in the same NOC as your academic qualification for it to count.

Canada
Pros
1. Application fee is reasonable
2. You do not need to evaluate work experience
3. Good for Medical doctors and others in regulated professions
3. You just need to target 8.5,8,7.5 and 7.5 in LRSW
4. There is no SOL/CSOL List. You will qualify once your NOC code is under 0,A or B
5. Work experience does not have to be in the same NOC as your academic qualification for it to count.
6. You just need 3 year work experience for you to get maximum score under work experience

Cons
1. POF is required
2. Without MSc or a "professional" qualification, you will have to rely on PNP to get above 450
3. PNP is very difficult to get
4. Age has a huge impact on your score
5. Work experience does not count after 3 years
6. It takes about 6 months after AOR to get PPR.
7. You will need the combination of this 3 to get above 450: good IELTS score, 3 year work experience, MSc/2 or more qualifications/regulated professions

Please be free to add more to allow people to decide on which route to pursue.

Nievel:

Quite boring I must say duppysho. But Australia major issue is your degree must match with your work experience and this doesn't favour most Nigerians at all. If not Australia would have been easybreezy!

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by omoba26: 11:11am On Dec 14, 2016
trishachi:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/lctvac/English/index

follow the link above, click on the start button and answer the questions that follow to generate your settlement plan.
Download the pdf file at the end of the process and upload to ur SNIP profile.
Hope you find this helpful.

Thank you. Thatwas helpful. Sorry have you done SINP?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 12:21pm On Dec 14, 2016
@dupyshoo

Thanks for this unbiased assessment of the two immigration programs. God bless you!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by helen88: 1:18pm On Dec 14, 2016
Good day pple,i studied genetics and have two kids,my husband works in the ministry.what program will be suitable for us living n working in canada and how do we go abt it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gbemmy777: 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2016
dupyshoo:
Yeah, they both have their pros and cons. These are what I have been able to gather from the 2 systems.

Australia
Pros
1. POF not required
7. It favours Engineers as most Engineers have their job code under SOL List and CSOL list and Engineer Australia can be very fast to evaluate qualifications

Cons
2. You will not only evaluate your certificate, you will have to evaluate your work experience as well
4. It takes ages to get work experience evaluated except for Engineers
6. You need all 7s in IELTS to get 10 points for language and all 8s to get 20 points
7. if your occupation is not under SOL list or CSOL list, it is nearly impossible to get PR
8. It is nearly impossible for Medical doctors, lawyers, etc for to get PR as they will need to pass their professional exams first before applying
9. Work experience must be in the same NOC as your academic qualification for it to count.

Canada
Pros
4. There is no SOL/CSOL List. You will qualify once your NOC code is under 0,A or B
5. Work experience does not have to be in the same NOC as your academic qualification for it to count.
6. You just need 3 year work experience for you to get maximum score under work experience

Cons
1. POF is required
2. Without MSc or a "professional" qualification, you will have to rely on PNP to get above 450
7. You will need the combination of this 3 to get above 450: good IELTS score, 3 year work experience, MSc/2 or more qualifications/regulated professions

wow, this is brilliant and really enlighten, thanks so much for this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2016
Good job!
dupyshoo:

Australia

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2016
No draw today?
@iphie25, how far? any news?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:22pm On Dec 14, 2016
Thanks dear, I have modified my initial post
vcole:
Good job!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 4:37pm On Dec 14, 2016
There should have been a draw by now... No?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 9:23pm On Dec 14, 2016
E be like say no draw today oh.
boldinc:
There should have been a draw by now... No?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:09am On Dec 15, 2016
None o... Guess they would do a double in the next two weeks.

Happened sometime ago.

vcole:
E be like say no draw today oh.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2016
dupyshoo:

Australia
Pros
1. POF not required

Cons
2. You will not only evaluate your certificate, you will have to evaluate your work experience as well if you plan to claim points for work experience
4. It can take ages to get work experience evaluated

Canada
Pros

Cons
1. POF is required

You didnt even mention New zealand
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flosk: 12:47pm On Dec 15, 2016
helen88:
Good day pple,i studied genetics and have two kids,my husband works in the ministry.what program will be suitable for us living n working in canada and how do we go abt it?

You can check that of Quebec, though a majority of french speakers they have top priority for genetics.

Check the site called Mon project quebec for more info
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by elothaddi(m): 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2016
Thank her for the ones she sent and then you get us that of New Zealand.

dannio:

You didnt even mention New zealand

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 6:59pm On Dec 15, 2016
Thank you o. I agree that he should add it himself cos I indicated that people should add more info or correct me if I made any mistakes.

elothaddi:
Thank her for the ones she sent and then you get us that of New Zealand.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 15, 2016
dupyshoo:
Thank you o. He can even add it himself cos I indicated that people should add more info or correct me if I made any mistakes.
My comment was not to show ingratitude it was an after thought.New Zealand is close to Australia

1. POF not required
3. PH.D and Msc. get the more points than B.Sc.
4. An applicant gets extra bonus point if his or her occupation is listed in the short and long term skills shortage list
5. It favours those with high number of years of work experience
7. It favours science more
8. IELTS score band atleast 6.5 is accepted for PA and 5.5 for spouse
9. Application fee appears to be cheaper than that of Australia and Canada
10.You can get points depending on your number of years of work experience

Cons

1. if your occupation is not on the immediate skilled and long-term skilled occupation shortage lists you get no bonus points
2. IELTS or other tests are required for proof of english but no points awarded at all
3. English language evidence requirements (tests) apply to partner and any dependent children over the age of 16.

l am still trying to get more information on New Zealand feel free to chip in.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.