Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2600060 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nyabingi(m): 8:45am On Dec 28, 2016
richieadeolu:
Hello Nyabingi,
With regards to provincial nomination in Manitoba, it's just like express entry with CIC and it is mainly pony based. You can get more information on www. Immigratemanitoba.com. however, you will need to provide sufficient proof of fund.

thank you for that timely response, please what do you mean by"Pony based", I have visited the site but some of the process are ambiguous to me, can you kindly enlighten me with step by step process in applying for MPNP, also how much I can budget for the process, thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Loka0512: 8:59am On Dec 28, 2016
Please gurus in the house, I would like to know how I can know when any PNP is opened. Is there any PNP you can apply for without the stream being opened. Your advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TanTish: 9:02am On Dec 28, 2016
Good day to all the Gurus,

I am an ardent reader of this great thread and sincerely appreciate the selfless service of many here. I would really love to key into the Canadian express entry opportunity.

I created my EE profile and submitted my application on the 24th of December and this morning I received a message, stating that I'm not eligible.

I was taken aback because I got 422 when I did the CRS ranking. I'm really confused at this point.

I already have my IELTS with L8, R 7.5, S7 & W 7.
I am a masters degree holder although I am yet to evaluate it because the certificate would be out this January. I have 5 years working experience,I'm 34 years old , married with 2 kids, my husband is 35 years old, a bsc holder with 8 years working experience. He intends taking his IELTS exams in January although I filled a dummy score of 7 across all bands .

I'm so devastated at the moment and would really appreciate if anyone with a similar experience can advice or share their experience. Also can I create another profile ,probably after evaluation of my certificate and do I state that I have applied before?

Thanks in advance as I await your kind directives/response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 11:03am On Dec 28, 2016
While I await to re-ake a new ielts, can I fill and submit a EE profile with my previous ielts?

Someone told me that I will need to input an ielts results nb! Is that true? As I have not received my TRF yet

Please advice how to fill the profile accurately and rightly to avoid being ineligible, thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deking(m): 11:19am On Dec 28, 2016
You missed out one of the steps.

You need an ECA by any of the accredited bodies before you can create an EE profile. This means you need WES or the other approved body to evaluate your highest degree.

TanTish:

I am an ardent reader of this great thread and sincerely appreciate the selfless service of many here. I would really love to key into the Canadian express entry opportunity.

I created my EE profile and submitted my application on the 24th of December and this morning I received a message, stating that I'm not eligible.

I was taken aback because I got 422 when I did the CRS ranking. I'm really confused at this point.

I am a masters degree holder although I am yet to evaluate it because the certificate would be out this January. I have 5 years working experience,I'm 34 years old , married with 2 kids, my husband is 35 years old, a bsc holder with 8 years working experience. He intends taking his IELTS exams in January although I filled a dummy score of 7 across all bands .

I'm so devastated at the moment and would really appreciate if anyone with a similar experience can advice or share their experience. Also can I create another profile ,probably after evaluation of my certificate and do I state that I have applied before?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iceberg54: 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
You should do a certificate evaluation first. Create another profile afterwards.

TanTish:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 1:30pm On Dec 28, 2016
Hi all... So i retook my ielts exams again n scored LSRW 8.5 7.5 7.0 6.5...this put me at 415 as against 399 but i realized that if i can get a 7 in writing...i wud go up to 472...so pls do u fink i ve a chance if i ask for a remark of my writing test or i shud take anoda... Buh dat 68k no be beans o.
My previous score was LSRW 7 7.5 7 6.5,
Pls gurus help n advice me...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mattlock: 2:38pm On Dec 28, 2016
Hello Nairalanders, I am just entering my EE profile today but I come across a place where they ask me for the amount I will bring down to Canada. according to their site, for 3pple, I will need to have $18,617 and in today's google conversion, it is about NGN4m+. my question is , is it compulsory to state that precise amount or just quote a figure you feel that you can afford or may likely have...say $3,000 in cash excluding landed properties etc.

Secondly, I have not done IELTS and def dnt av a score. what is the deadline to do this because I see that I have a deadline of 60days to complete the application and submit. can it be done later or will it determine if the profile will be considered at all?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TanTish: 4:24pm On Dec 28, 2016
iceberg54:
You should do a certificate evaluation first. Create another profile afterwards.

Thanks for the response. I'll do as directed. Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TanTish: 4:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
[quote author=deking post=52324912]You missed out one of the steps.

You need an ECA by any of the accredited bodies before you can create an EE profile. This means you need WES or the other approved body to evaluate your highest degree.

Thanks for the response, would do as directed and revert for further guidance. Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 4:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
If you are sure you did better than 6.5, apply for a remark.

quote author=deeore post=52328455]Hi all... So i retook my ielts exams again n scored LSRW 8.5 7.5 7.0 6.5...this put me at 415 as against 399 but i realized that if i can get a 7 in writing...i wud go up to 472...so pls do u fink i ve a chance if i ask for a remark of my writing test or i shud take anoda... Buh dat 68k no be beans o.
Pls gurus help n advice me... [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
I guess you are not so familiar with the requirements before you started filling out the profile. You have to do your certificate evaluation and language tests before you create a profile as you need to quote the documents numbers. I think you should just withdraw from creating the profile.

On the POF, you must not put anything less than the required stated else you will be declared ineligible.

mattlock:
Hello Nairalanders, I am just entering my EE profile today but I come across a place where they ask me for the amount I will bring down to Canada. according to their site, for 3pple, I will need to have $18,617 and in today's google conversion, it is about NGN4m+. my question is , is it compulsory to state that precise amount or just quote a figure you feel that you can afford or may likely have...say $3,000 in cash excluding landed properties etc.

Secondly, I have not done IELTS and def dnt av a score. what is the deadline to do this because I see that I have a deadline of 60days to complete the application and submit. can it be done later or will it determine if the profile will be considered at all?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Baba1010: 6:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
Hi Guys,

Applied for credential assessment with WES few weeks back. My undergrad with Lautech and a UK masters. Transcript for my masters has been received by WES. Yet to figure out how to sort out transcript for my undergrad in Nigeria considering the school has been on strike for some time now.

1.) Can anyone kindly confirm if only my masters is suitable for application and does it have any impact on my score?

2.) Is there a way I can have WES delete credentials for my undergrad as they are still expecting docs in that regard.

Thanks .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mattlock: 8:53pm On Dec 28, 2016
Beem4cupid:
I guess you are not so familiar with the requirements before you started filling out the profile. You have to do your certificate evaluation and language tests before you create a profile as you need to quote the documents numbers. I think you should just withdraw from creating the profile.

On the POF, you must not put anything less than the required stated else you will be declared ineligible.

Thankx abunch
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iceberg54: 10:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
1. Yes. In most cases, you only need to assess your highest qualification. I only sent my MSc credentials.

2. I really don't know because you already included it in your application. Maybe other gurus have answers.

But I heard somewhere that they are issuing transcripts despite the strike....that they now have an online platform...Maybe you should try to find out.

Baba1010:
Hi Guys,

Applied for credential assessment with WES few weeks back. My undergrad with Lautech and a UK masters. Transcript for my masters has been received by WES. Yet to figure out how to sort out transcript for my undergrad in Nigeria considering the school has been on strike for some time now.

1.) Can anyone kindly confirm if only my masters is suitable for application and does it have any impact on my score?

2.) Is there a way I can have WES delete credentials for my undergrad as they are still expecting docs in that regard.

Thanks .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 6:54am On Dec 29, 2016
Send a mail to WES asking them.to evaluate just your masters and disregard your BSc. I did that for my Hubby's evaluation when I knew only his highest needs to be evaluated and they disregarded the Bsc

Baba1010:
Hi Guys,

Thanks .

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 7:16am On Dec 29, 2016
deeore:
Hi all... So i retook my ielts exams again n scored LSRW 8.5 7.5 7.0 6.5...this put me at 415 as against 399 but i realized that if i can get a 7 in writing...i wud go up to 472...so pls do u fink i ve a chance if i ask for a remark of my writing test or i shud take anoda... Buh dat 68k no be beans o.
Pls gurus helmp n advice me...
Get it re-marked. Hope its still within the 6weeks accepted time range, if yes...go wt your TRF(hard copy of result) and 15k bankdraft to Ikoyi,ur score wld most likely change. The only issue is it takes ages to get the reviewed result (7-10weeks).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by richieadeolu: 8:22am On Dec 29, 2016
i mean point based. with regards to the budget, it is based on your individual status and this varies among participants.
nyabingi:

thank you for that timely response, please what do you mean by"Pony based", I have visited the site but some of the process are ambiguous to me, can you kindly enlighten me with step by step process in applying for MPNP, also how much I can budget for the process, thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yomir: 9:10am On Dec 29, 2016
Hi Guys,

Compliments of the season.

I already have an ITA, what is left to complete my application is Pof. I have my funds in a Gtb savings account, and the bank has refused to write a letter in cic's format, all they are willing to give is a 6 month account statement which I fear isnt sufficient enough. Has anyone had the same issue? How did you work around this situation. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 10:45am On Dec 29, 2016
Yomir:
Hi Guys,

Compliments of the season.

I already have an ITA, what is left to complete my application is Pof. I have my funds in a Gtb savings account, and the bank has refused to write a letter in cic's format, all they are willing to give is a 6 month account statement which I fear isnt sufficient enough. Has anyone had the same issue? How did you work around this situation. Thanks.

I had the same issue , pls tell dem to give u the letter of confirmation they give pensioners ..that will have ur passport pics but this time address to cicg ..couple with bank statement will do..i used this

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 10:46am On Dec 29, 2016
Helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its just over one month i applied for pr and i already got a mail asking for passport......is this good?

also should i use vfs or dhl ..i prefer cfs because i dont know where i might be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yomir: 11:29am On Dec 29, 2016
Hi Dupyshoo,

Seasons Greetings.

I already have an ITA, what is left to complete my application is Pof. I will be combining account statements and I will be grateful if you can share how you arranged your PoF documents. Kindly share. I can chat you privately if need be. Thanks.

dupyshoo:
You don't need to provide your husband's bank statement. You just require a letter of explanation from your husband. You can send me a PM and I will send you a sample of the letter written by my husband to indicate that he transferred funds to my account.

You will however need to provide either letters or bank statements for all your bank accounts that you transferred money from. You will also need a comprehensive letter to explain the movement of funds between the account. What I did in my situation is to number all my POF documents, then I created a table of contents that itemised all the info I included in the POF. I did not have to submit bank statements though as I got the letter required by IRCC from my bank. I can send you a sample of my POF if you want that too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Larrydamsel: 11:49am On Dec 29, 2016
Congrats. What's your timeline pls? Which visa office is yours pls? thanks
Fusion23:
Helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its just over one month i applied for pr and i already got a mail asking for passport......is this good?

also should i use vfs or dhl ..i prefer cfs because i dont know where i might be

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hiyah,

Compliments of the season. You can send me a PM and I will send you a draft copy of the 1st few pages of my POF.
Yomir:
Hi Dupyshoo,

Seasons Greetings.

I already have an ITA, what is left to complete my application is Pof. I will be combining account statements and I will be grateful if you can share how you arranged your PoF documents. Kindly share. I can chat you privately if need be. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
Larrydamsel:
Congrats. What's your timeline pls? Which visa office is yours pls? thanks

Accra ghane ..i tot it will be 6 months its less dan 2 months
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Larrydamsel: 2:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
What a speed. Congrats[Network dint allow me see urquote author=Fusion23 post=52358196]

Accra ghane ..i tot it will be 6 months its less dan 2 months[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Auxanobiz: 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hi all Pls I am new year, what page should I read to get all the updated information on how to go about it.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 4:01pm On Dec 29, 2016
Congrats
Fusion23:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
Beem4cupid:
Congrats

Thanks am still shocked , it is less than two months....please is there any record of such speed before, even my brother who lives in canada got his in 4 months. May be thats another helping factor..having a relative with pr living in canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2016
Good evening all.Please I intend applying for the express entry with my fiance but me as the sole applicant.
(1)Am I to send our transcript for WES evaluation or only mine as the sole applicant?

(2)How much does WES charge in evaluating credentials?

Response please.Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flyhigh1881: 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
dupyshoo:
Hiyah,

Compliments of the season. You can send me a PM and I will send you a draft copy of the 1st few pages of my POF.

Hi dupyshoo, please can I send you a pm as regards POF too? Please.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nickoko: 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2016
dupyshoo:
Hiyah,

Compliments of the season Dupyshoo. I will appreciate if I can get the same POF draft copy from u. Zenith Bank is hard and not ready to do anything other than their regular format.

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.