Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599499 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by whykay1004: 5:12am On Dec 31, 2016
Weldone guys and great contributions here. Please my question is about WES. Can my spouse and I do our evaluation via WES together at once at same cost?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 7:35am On Dec 31, 2016
No.

whykay1004:
Weldone guys and great contributions here. Please my question is about WES. Can my spouse and I do our evaluation via WES together at once at same cost?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:43am On Dec 31, 2016
You can do both simultaneously...

Both are required to fill your EE profile.

Tunjinodaysoff:
Please what is the first step in FSW. so do I do the WES evaluation or write ielts first...which
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 1:01pm On Dec 31, 2016
ok thanks...if i were to score 330 in the pool list...do i stand a chance of getting selected and given ITA. Is this FSW thing as per chance or eventually you get picked
boldinc:
You can do both simultaneously...

Both are required to fill your EE profile.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2016
GrandCommander:

Thanks...However is it not the primary occupation alone that one can claim points for in Express Entry.

No, you can claim points using experience from different occupations as long as they fall under NOC, 0/ A or B and if they were garnered within the last ten years.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 5:21pm On Dec 31, 2016
omesanni:
Hi,

she said when she applied, for every job she had done in the past which she didn't specify as work experience(e.g work at grocery store like co-op) but stated in the personal history, she got some sort of letter from the company to show as a proof to CIC that she worked there. This confuses me.

Lastly, I am worried about the over 1yr unemployment period in my personal history. Do u think this could cause problems? Do u think I need to write a letter to cic explaining further why it took me so long to gain employment?

Asked and answered severally. I believe dupyshoo also responded to your initial post on this. Again, You don't need and are not expected to provide documentations for jobs you're not claiming points for. As for the period of unemployment, it's not an issue and a letter of explanation is not necessary.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 5:28pm On Dec 31, 2016
Beem4cupid:
No.

Found this interesting and for clarity, why can't spouses do their evaluation at the same time and for the same price?.

Mod: Never mind, clearly understood now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by omesanni: 8:17am On Jan 01, 2017
Hi,

I am currently employed as a software developer for the company I work with and I specialize in web development. Now, on the NOC site I can see my current Job title listed as one of the example titles of the 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers category.

The problem is my job duties don't match the ones in the 2174 category but they match the duties in the 2175 Web designers and developers category.

Software development encompasses all types of software e.g web development, app development, desktop etc. I only do web development though for my company.

Now when collecting my reference letter from my employer should I make them state that I am employed as a web developer rather software developer so that it is in sync with what is on the NOC site?

Thanks for your anticipated assistance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 12:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
The chances are practically impossible to get an ITA with a score of 330... You will need to get a Nomination from a Province for additional 600 points... That being successful, ITA is guaranteed.

Tunjinodaysoff:
ok thanks...if i were to score 330 in the pool list...do i stand a chance of getting selected and given ITA. Is this FSW thing as per chance or eventually you get picked
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 1:22pm On Jan 01, 2017
omesanni:

Hi,

I am currently employed as a software developer for the company I work with and I specialize in web development. Now, on the NOC site I can see my current Job title listed as one of the example titles of the 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers category.

The problem is my job duties don't match the ones in the 2174 category but they match the duties in the 2175 Web designers and developers category.

Software development encompasses all types of software e.g web development, app development, desktop etc. I only do web development though for my company.

Now when collecting my reference letter from my employer should I make them state that I am employed as a web developer rather software developer so that it is in sync with what is on the NOC site?

Thanks for your anticipated assistance

Your job title has got nothing to do with your Noc code. As long as your job duties match a particular Noc at least 80%, you are good to go. Your job title can match but if duties do not match, you will most certainly get a noc mismatch when you apply.

So, the first thing is to match your duties with specific Noc. If you are confused or not sure, you can send an email to NC-NOC-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca. List your duties and responsibilities and ask them to help you match your duties with the right Noc.

Even still the onus is on you, to make sure you pick the correct Noc to match your duties.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by solarmanng: 3:34pm On Jan 01, 2017
My spouse wants to apply for PNP in Ontario after completing her masters in Ottawa; must the POF be in her name? We have a son, since I will be part of her application, can I provide the POF as I have substantial funds to cover it? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 5:13pm On Jan 01, 2017
boldinc:
The chances are practically impossible to get an ITA with a score of 330... You will need to get a Nomination from a Province for additional 600 points... That being successful, ITA is guaranteed.

then na to park well o. Where I wan see score n.a.. I have done the crs over and over again...highest I score is 400. Nawa
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 8:11am On Jan 02, 2017
Dude, ask a friend to go to the saudi british council office for you to pick up the trf and request for a remark. Provide a letter of authority and your passport biodata page to the person. Also, have you called the customer care at that office? have you spoken with anyone who has written ielts at the centre you did? i think you haven't explored your available options as regards this. Remember that while you hope to re write and get your target scores, it is still a probability.
esosa4real:
While I await to re-ake a new ielts, can I fill and submit a EE profile with my previous ielts?

Someone told me that I will need to input an ielts results nb! Is that true? As I have not received my TRF yet

Please advice how to fill the profile accurately and rightly to avoid being ineligible, thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 8:23am On Jan 02, 2017
Dude!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!
Fusion23:
Helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its just over one month i applied for pr and i already got a mail asking for passport......is this good?

also should i use vfs or dhl ..i prefer cfs because i dont know where i might be

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 8:53am On Jan 02, 2017
vcole:
Dude, ask a friend to go to the saudi british council office for you to pick up the trf and request for a remark. Provide a letter of authority and your passport biodata page to the person. Also, have you called the customer care at that office? have you spoken with anyone who has written ielts at the centre you did? i think you haven't explored your available options as regards this. Remember that while you hope to re write and get your target scores, it is still a probability.

@vcole thanks jawe for your concerns!! You won't believe it was just yesterday I was able to sort it. Saudi is such a difficult place to do any waka.

My friend in saudi had to travel far to their British council office in the capital to complain that no trf was sent to me and so they allowed him make an EOR application on my behalf.

So now I can prepare well for my ielts exam on Jan 7th in naija here. Because truth is I was down and discouraged because that first ielts was my best (imagine getting a 9 in reading) I don't even know how I did that.

Anyway I am starting re-prep now with focus on writing. Please any tips for task 2 yall?.

By the way, I received my MCC ECA report both electronically and by Post mail. So na ielts I dey wait for now to enter the Swimming Pool (lol)

Pls pray for me oo

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iceberg54: 10:14am On Jan 02, 2017
esosa4real:

Anyway I am starting re-prep now with focus on writing. Please any tips for task 2 yall?

Send me a PM sir.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jassymama: 2:01pm On Jan 02, 2017
Fusion23:

Hi 7 and 7.5 in reading and speaking seems ok its listening that you need 8.
that aside reading is subjective your scores will always be your score as its based on a marking scheme..same with listening.

writing and speaking are non-subjective and marks can be given at discretion..so summary it makes sense to only review speaking..but i could be wrong ..never did this process but u have to do so asap

I got 8.5 in listening. So I guess I would just accept my scores. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Grapatin: 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2017
Congrats @ fusion23. I heard that paying right of permanent residency fee when applying for PR speeds up the process, was that your case?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nickoko: 7:01am On Jan 03, 2017
Good Day gurus In the House,

please, I sent my transcript to WES for evaluation and the courier service tracker number is showing One Ms. Danile received it 2weeks ago yet my profile status is till WAITING FOR REQUIRED DOCUMENT.

what will you guys advice me to do at this juncture. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 8:28am On Jan 03, 2017
A friend got ITA in the last draw but he has some issues that needs advice. His wife is presently in the US and is out of status. He included her in his application as a dependant. He wants to know if she can actually be processed for PR even with her status as she is not intending to leave US except there is an alternative.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by richieadeolu: 9:29am On Jan 03, 2017
Dear dupyshoo, I'm also interested in the POF document. I will appreciate if you can send it to my mail richardadeolu@gmail.com. thanks a bunch
dupyshoo:
Hiyah,

Compliments of the season. You can send me a PM and I will send you a draft copy of the 1st few pages of my POF.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 11:02am On Jan 03, 2017
Good news. I have heard how difficult things are to get done in Saudi but i am happy you were able to get an EOR done. I truly believe your writing would get upgraded. Your scores were perfect in all the other sections. Also, congrats on your ECA. You are only a few weeks away from a "swimming pool" entry. Lol!
esosa4real:

@vcole thanks jawe for your concerns!! You won't believe it was just yesterday I was able to sort it. Saudi is such a difficult place to do any waka.

My friend in saudi had to travel far to their British council office in the capital to complain that no trf was sent to me and so they allowed him make an EOR application on my behalf.

So now I can prepare well for my ielts exam on Jan 7th in naija here. Because truth is I was down and discouraged because that first ielts was my best (imagine getting a 9 in reading) I don't even know how I did that.

Anyway I am starting re-prep now with focus on writing. Please any tips for task 2 yall?.

By the way, I received my MCC ECA report both electronically and by Post mail. So na ielts I dey wait for now to enter the Swimming Pool (lol)

Pls pray for me oo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2017
00DE00:

edX IELTS test preparation course is a brilliant resource that you should explore and it's free too. After you're done with all the tutorials, I suggest you get Cambridge Practice Tests and work your way down from book 10 to at least 6. Just google "our canada dream diary blog", navigate to the right side panel, click on IELTS MATERIALS, scroll down and download for free. Dupyshoo and Garykasparov(I think) also have great suggestions on how to ace the test. You should go through their post to read their tips. Although considering garykasparov said it took him 8 months, I believe to attain his goal, you might want to lean more on dupyshoo's tips. Just kidding!, both of them did a pretty job highlighting very key points. Goodluck!

@00DE00, You are very funny!

It is true i have delivered great suggestions on how to ace the test. Infact, i created a topic on it (my one and only by the way) to help Nigerians, i personally wrote it thrice, and i don't want them to suffer the same fate. A lot of people sit this exam, and rarely to they get that desired band in first sitting.
https://www.nairaland.com/3069963/how-achieve-ielts-general-training#45052064
Here is the link, But lack of visit/inquiry has not made it encouraging.

esosa4real:

Pls pray for me oo

Hi Esosa4real,
Please click the link above or take the suggestion below for just your WRITING.

WRITING

It has been observed that most people fall short of a Band 7 in writing. However, techniques to nail it will be discussed here.
Firstly, the GT Writing is in two categories i.e Task 1 and Task 2.

In Task 1, Kindly read the criteria for your desired band

https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/sites/default/files/IELTS_task_1_Writing_band_descriptors.pdf

In summary, however, your task 1 letter should have a clear purpose of writing as the first paragraph, preferably 3/4 lines.
Secondly, there are usually 3 to 4 requirements on the question, each of which should have its own paragraph.
Thirdly, write in the right tone (formal/informal) and your punctuation should be on point.

For Task 2
Firstly read the marking criteria. https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/sites/default/files/IELTS_task_2_Writing_band_descriptors.pdf
Visit http://www.ieltsbuddy.com/ielts-essay.html and examine how the criteria were met in their model essays and start practising. The more you write, the better you become.
Part of your marking criteria is to use a wide range of sentence structures, view http://www.ieltsbuddy.com/sentence-structure.html for more understanding.
In addition, you must write at length as a whole and each of your paragraphs should be extensive with ideas, examples and comparisons. Usually, i recommend 6 paragraphs (introduction, 4 body paragraphs and conclusion). Further to this, there is a pdf article called "BOMB" widely circulated on this forum which is great for a start but not sufficient for a Band 7 score or higher.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 1:35pm On Jan 03, 2017
Noted @Garykasparov

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by buzu84: 3:51pm On Jan 03, 2017
Hi Guys,

Just bumped in this forum, i must say wow, what great work and so much useful information you guys are throwing out for free, God bless you guys.

Well to my concern or rather advice/question

I have a BSC in computer Science, and i have about 10 years plus working experience with about 8 of those in multinational organization, btw i am 32, i'm in the prep stage of the FSW, following the regular process

Would write the IELTS in February...with my prep i think and i'm hopeful i can be realistic of getting a score LSWR 8,7,7,7
All i'm planning to send my Bsc to WEP for accreditation.
also i believe i won't have issues with POF

Now to my concern, from @Dupyshoo last post. it seems with just BSc my chances are quite slim in getting an invitation though i can get in the pool. as there was an implication that minimum of an Msc would push the score to 450.

I know there is the PNP but i guess it's competitive and as implied a difficult route.

Also to mention i am married with a kid, wife is an entrepreneur guess job not in NOC list..

Please honestly what would you advice, or any other routes of chance.

Thanks guys, anticipating your response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bigfido: 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2017
Doggys:
Yes I did receive it with all docs to download and fill @ larrydamsel.Thanks. I intend submitting my application package by the first week in January. Will really want to do everything right. Also, do I need to attach proof of funds when submitting the application package? Thanks and hope to hear from you.

Congrats. Since you got a letter on how to proceed, that's a great one. Also Sinp oid comes with pecks of applying for temporary work permit whilst your pr is being processed. I will advise you to go to the US if you have a visa to lodge your temporary work permit application.. Or Mexico. It's way faster from there rather than facing delay issues with AVO
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 10:51pm On Jan 03, 2017
What is your IELTS score?

Tunjinodaysoff:
then na to park well o. Where I wan see score n.a.. I have done the crs over and over again...highest I score is 400. Nawa
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 5:31am On Jan 04, 2017
7.7 7.5 6 6 (SWRL)
boldinc:
What is your IELTS score?

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.