Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,224 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599847 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nogen: 3:40pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hello House, has any teacher gone through this journey before and how did you do it please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nickoko: 6:21pm On Jan 06, 2017
Somebody should please help me out.
I sent my transcript to WES for more than 2weeks now and the courier service tracker number shows they have received it but my account profile continue to show "waiting for required documents" nothing has changed since 2weeks.
I've repeatedly wrote countless mail to them but they didn't respond. I tried calling them frequently , customer service picks it and keep singing in your ears for more that 30 minute while your recharge card is burning off yet am unable to talk with any of them.
Please, what is the alternative thing I can do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:39pm On Jan 06, 2017
Congrats to all those who got ITA... We were just 4 points short of 468.

Looks like we'll be getting an ITA in the next draw.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by opemson: 9:51pm On Jan 06, 2017
Happy new year house!!! Would be done with IELTS dis weekend nd hoping for good score. Can anyone pls tell me how I can make my wes payment from Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
BlessedFellow01:
Hello folks,

Has anyone received an ITA today?

My ITA Status has been blank since yesterday. I have a score of 470.

Thanks

Are u sure about your score.... When the draw was 468
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 11:37pm On Jan 06, 2017
My advice is that you write all your answers in capital letters which is acceptable and you don't need to worry about the words that ought to be capitalised or not. My two cents though. It worked for me.

omesanni:
Hi,

I was practicing IELTS reading test on a particular website today which has past questions from the exam, and I answered some of those questions that require you fill in the blank space with sentences by writing the answer in small letters. I wrote the answers in small letters because following the flow of the statement they were supposed to be written in small letters.

When I submitted my answers, they were flagged as incorrect, and I looked at the site's answer list and noticed that the words had their first letter capitalized. I found this odd because in the flow of the sentence they weren't supposed to be capitalized.

Now, my question is, is IELTS really picky about capitalization where necessary or not?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by paste: 4:58am On Jan 07, 2017
Please what's the address of the site so that I can also check it out. Thanks

omesanni:
Hi,

I was practicing IELTS reading test on a particular website today which has past questions from the exam, and I answered some of those questions that require you fill in the blank space with sentences by writing the answer in small letters. I wrote the answers in small letters because following the flow of the statement they were supposed to be written in small letters.

When I submitted my answers, they were flagged as incorrect, and I looked at the site's answer list and noticed that the words had their first letter capitalized. I found this odd because in the flow of the sentence they weren't supposed to be capitalized.

Now, my question is, is IELTS really picky about capitalization where necessary or not?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 07, 2017
Good morning all.Please is marriage certificate required in the Express Entry application?What if its only traditional marriage they have done?Please reply.Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 07, 2017
x

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2017
omesanni:
Hi,

Goodday, yes they are! I advise you write your answers in CAPITAL LETTERS to be safe.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cecegal: 7:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
Hi,
Does this apply to the reading section only or the Listening as well?Ithink the listening is actually case sensitive.

Beem4cupid:
My advice is that you write all your answers in capital letters which is acceptable and you don't need to worry about the words that ought to be capitalised or not. My two cents though. It worked for me.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cecegal: 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2017
Hi Esosa,

Do you mean caps all through eg shop even in the middle of a sentence should be Shop or SHOP.

esosa4real:

Goodday, yes they are! I advise you write your answers in CAPITAL LETTERS to be safe.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cecegal: 7:49pm On Jan 07, 2017
what site pls,Kindly post the link.TIA

omesanni:
Hi,

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 12:09am On Jan 08, 2017
It applies to both reading and listening but not writing.
Cecegal:
Hi,
Does this apply to the reading section only or the Listening as well?Ithink the listening is actually case sensitive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 10:50am On Jan 08, 2017
judithidoghogm:
Good morning all.Please is marriage certificate required in the Express Entry application?What if its only traditional marriage they have done?Please reply.Thanks

No you don't need the cert. Start filling the forms online. .you will see all what you need. Basically, IELTS NUMBER AND WES NUMBER.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 10:51am On Jan 08, 2017
Nogen:
Hello House, has any teacher gone through this journey before and how did you do it please?

Sweets, how far na? What's happening?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 11:13am On Jan 08, 2017
Cecegal:
Hi Esosa,

Do you mean caps all through eg shop even in the middle of a sentence should be Shop or SHOP.

It should be SHOP ..... I was in ur similar situation when preparing in the past. Until ieltsliz advised about the all CAPS.

That's what I did in my previous ielts and I aced READING.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gela007: 11:51am On Jan 08, 2017
Hello everyone, happy New Year.

I need some useful info on how I can go about my relocating to Canada possible. I've been reading the thread and I don't know where to begin. I've taken a test to confirm if I'm eligible I think something about workers permit, I can't really remember. What's WES? I'd really appreciate if someone puts me through. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gela007: 11:55am On Jan 08, 2017
Hi,
Please can you help with the site?
Thanks

omesanni:
Hi,

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nogen: 12:03pm On Jan 08, 2017
greetings:

Sweets, how far na? What's happening?

Nothing much sis. Still waiting for the school to get back to me. Also my French result is out for Quebec and it's very good. But I can't use it for other provinces in Canada. May have to write the TEF too. Since French is my stronger point.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by youseuph(m): 12:46pm On Jan 08, 2017
Hello house. Please what are my chances of being successful applying for Canadian express entry. And how do I go about it.
I am a pharmacist, 32, married, have Msc, and documents have been evaluated by pharmacy examining board of canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mctowel01: 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
Cecegal:
Hi,

Nah, I scored 9 in listening.. I wrote both listening and reading in uppercase all through.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cecegal: 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2017
Wow,

Here i was wondering how i ended up with a 7.5 in Listening,and 6.5 in reading.There is a site i used for practice the answers for listening seemed like they were case sensitive so i tried to keep up with this during the exams.I think its the Cambridge IELTS.

mctowel01:

Nah, I scored 9 in listening.. I wrote both listening and reading in uppercase all through.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 2:47pm On Jan 08, 2017
greetings:

No you don't need the cert. Start filling the forms online. .you will see all what you need. Basically, IELTS NUMBER AND WES NUMBER.

Marriage certificate is required if your status is married. You will need to submit your marriage certificate after ITA.
When you start uploading your documents you will see a section to upload you marriage certificate.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pinkygrace(f): 5:15pm On Jan 08, 2017
youseuph:
Hello house. Please what are my chances of being successful applying for Canadian express entry. And how do I go about it.
I am a pharmacist, 32, married, have Msc, and documents have been evaluated by pharmacy examining board of canada.

How many years of working experience do you have and have you written ilets, what is your spouse level of education and has she written ilets. If I may ask where u not the one trying to get visa to come write EE, you went silent about that, how did that go

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:07pm On Jan 08, 2017
Read through carefully from page 0... Very self explanatory.

gela007:
Hello everyone, happy New Year.

I need some useful info on how I can go about my relocating to Canada possible. I've been reading the thread and I don't know where to begin. I've taken a test to confirm if I'm eligible I think something about workers permit, I can't really remember. What's WES? I'd really appreciate if someone puts me through. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 8:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
Hi

Please how did you make payment to WES with the naira mastercard restriction?

I will appreciate a response anyone who has recently paid for the WES ECA. I have said it previously and will say it again: FLEE FROM ICAS!!!!!!! It is the worst evaluation agency due to time wastage. angry

Happy new year people, May our dreams come true this year. grin

Nickoko:
Good Day gurus In the House,

please, I sent my transcript to WES for evaluation and the courier service tracker number is showing One Ms. Danile received it 2weeks ago yet my profile status is till WAITING FOR REQUIRED DOCUMENT.

what will you guys advice me to do at this juncture. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by youseuph(m): 11:04pm On Jan 08, 2017
Pinkygrace:

How many years of working experience do you have and have you written ilets, what is your spouse level of education and has she written ilets. If I may ask where u not the one trying to get visa to come write EE, you went silent about that, how did that go

Thanks Pinkygrace. I have 5yrs working experience, have not writen ielts, wife is a pharmacist with B.pharm, she has not written ielts as well.
As for the EE, I am still on it. I hope to write the July exam in London.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 9:05am On Jan 09, 2017
If the applicant is not legally married as per, no marriage certificate, they can fill the statutory declaration of common law union. When filling the express entry registration, he or she should pick common law union as marital status.
beyunce:

Marriage certificate is required if your status is married. You will need to submit your marriage certificate after ITA.
When you start uploading your documents you will see a section to upload you marriage certificate.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by alt3r3g0: 11:22am On Jan 09, 2017
Very informative thread.

If you are married, its best to apply with your spouse. You are awarded points based on your Spouse level of experience and ielts points...in some cases as much as 30 points.

Wifey got her ITA last week with 468 on the dot. So every point counts! grin

To increase our chances we both applied independently listing each other as dependant. She is younger and had more points (As you get older they deduct 5 points).

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 1:18pm On Jan 09, 2017
alt3r3g0:
Very informative thread.

If you are married, its best to apply with your spouse. You are awarded points based on your Spouse level of experience and ielts points...in some cases as much as 30 points.

Wifey got her ITA last week with 468 on the dot. So every point counts! grin

To increase our chances we both applied independently listing each other as dependant. She is younger and had more points (As you get older they deduct 5 points).

All the best.

Congrats boss!!

Am guessing she had masters also right? Well in my own case I will ve a higher chance and I am hoping to get ITA as soon as my ielts clicks but I am single (planning to do a court wedding) Post-ita by God's grace oo so am preparing her for ielts now!

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.