Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599861 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 8:42pm On Jan 28, 2017
Thanks a lot

I appreciate

dupyshoo:
Transfer the money to your account as soon as you can. There is no issue with your spouse transferring the bulk of the money to your account. He just needs to write a LOE to support the transfer.

I have heard that some people even use an accompanying spouse account and the VO did not have an issue with it. Personally, for peace of mind, I will advise the money is kept in the PA's account.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 11:18pm On Jan 28, 2017
optionese:
i dont think you qualify for express entry , you need 3 years full time work experience to enter the pool. go to page 0 of this thread and read all the way. when you are through then ask questions

Read that but will recheck. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 11:19pm On Jan 28, 2017
Numerouuuno:

Jesus, please don't give wrong information when you are not sure of something.
Your information is wrong.

If you are less than 30 years old, single and have a good IELTS score of atleast Band 9 and 1 year full time paid work experience, you can enter the pool with 456 score. And i believe with the current trend of Express entry, you have a chance.
Forget your volunteer work experience , it won't fly.
Thank you for the reply.

I am Less than 30, single, no IELTS result but TOEFL which I don't think is accepted . How easy or hard is it to reach the 9/band in IELTS? Also read it is a unique IELTS.

Does Nysc count? Or should I just relax till I clock a year in my new place?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 11:20pm On Jan 28, 2017
dupyshoo:
Wrong info!!! You don't need 3 years to qualify for express entry. You need only a year full time and continuous work experience

Thanks for the info.

Does NYSC count or is too weak. Should I just relax till I clock a year in my new job?

What are the other things that I need to know?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Numerouuuno: 8:06am On Jan 29, 2017
dupyshoo:
To get 456, you will need CLB 10 and MSc/2 or more certificates.

The OP already mentioned he has an MBA in Marketing,
and i also believe the Ielts band 9 is okay for him too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Numerouuuno: 8:08am On Jan 29, 2017
Osemigho:

Thank you for the reply.

I am Less than 30, single, no IELTS result but TOEFL which I don't think is accepted . How easy or hard is it to reach the 9/band in IELTS? Also read it is a unique IELTS.

Does Nysc count? Or should I just relax till I clock a year in my new place?

You can't use TOEFL, you will need to write the IELTS general and must have atleast Band 9 and its achievable. Nothing is impossible or too hard.

Finally,Guys have been using NYSC experience and they made it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 9:48am On Jan 29, 2017
Atlantic Immigration Pilot

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/atlantic/index.asp

Just incase someone somewhere is interested. It starts March 2017.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:23am On Jan 29, 2017
Gymme:

Thank you for this information. The only challenge is getting a job offer for an outland applicant. Any suggestions?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Coolcash1: 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2017
40manlappy:

Thank you for this information. The only challenge is getting a job offer for an outland applicant. Any suggestions?

You are right...It really takes the grace of God to secure one... Anyways, nice one OP.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Coolcash1: 12:43pm On Jan 29, 2017
Gymme:

Nice one..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 1:11pm On Jan 29, 2017
Hello
Please has anyone changed NOC after getting ITA as i selected 6314 when i filled for EE but now that ive gotten my work reference letter i saw that the roles listed is better suited for noc 6235.
At what point can I change it.

All the expert in the hse kindly assist as i heard some people has been rejected for mismatched NOC.
Im head of customer service in the bank.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by youseuph(m): 2:55pm On Jan 29, 2017
Good day all. Please how best can one go about proof of fund so that it won't give an impression of lodgement ,considering the time between ITA and submission of application (i.e 90 days).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 29, 2017
Esughusughu:
Hi all,
Can someone kindly help me with the cost of medical assessment at the different centers, and also, the time frame between tests and results for each of them.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 4:05pm On Jan 29, 2017
Yeah it looks like a challenge but i believe the employers in those provinces will give offers to qualified candidates under this program. Those interested could give it a try by searching for qualified jobs and applying online believing it will work out in their favour.

40manlappy:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 4:20pm On Jan 29, 2017
I think any huge amount deposited into your account post ITA needs to be validated with an LOE and supporting document. For example, you sold your car and the proceed from sales is what is being reflected (Your car documents should support this) or say you liquidated your treasury bills or mutual funds investment, you can get a letter from the bank to state that you actually made such investment.

If the money is not from you, then its a gift deed and needs to be explained as well. As long as your explanations are genuine and reasonable I did not think it will be an issue. These are just my thoughts o, I dont have a practical experience in this yet. grin

Meanwhile, someone suggested to me that you can invest in mutual funds with a fund administrator long before receiving ITA, the moment you decide to go the EE route and put say 50k, but once you have ITA, you can pump in huge funds and then terminate such that it reflects in your bank statement as investment and your Funds administrator can give you a letter stating the date you invested and total amount invested. Please house can this really work??

Cheers

youseuph:
Good day all. Please how best can one go about proof of fund so that it won't give an impression of lodgement ,considering the time between ITA and submission of application (i.e 90 days).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2017
True. I think this move is as a result of the number of people using these provinces as a stepping stone to get to Canada and then leave the province to their desired one on the premise that they did not get a job. So they are becoming more strict, get the job first then we can give you a nomination.

From what I read on the site, To become endorsed, an employer must demonstrate efforts to hire locally have not been successful.

Lets keep hope alive come March 2017 we will know how it will play out.

Gymme:
Yeah it looks like a challenge but i believe the employers in those provinces will give offers to qualified candidates under this program. Those interested could give it a try by searching for qualified jobs and applying online believing it will work out in their favour.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 4:41pm On Jan 29, 2017
Sorry I don't have any experience but found previous answers on the subject matter on this page.

As long as it does not change your score or eligibility, i dont think its a problem, Just put a LOE to explain that you did so as to properly align with your job description. All the best.

The change can be effected when filling the eAPR

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/invite.asp
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/52
http://canadavisahelpcentre.com/the-awesome-list-of-faqs/can-i-change-my-noc-code-or-job-title-in-my-express-entry-profile/

specrealq:
Hello
Please has anyone changed NOC after getting ITA as i selected 6314 when i filled for EE but now that ive gotten my work reference letter i saw that the roles listed is better suited for noc 6235.

All the expert in the hse kindly assist as i heard some people has been rejected for mismatched NOC.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 4:53pm On Jan 29, 2017
Numerouuuno:

You can't use TOEFL, you will need to write the IELTS general and must have atleast Band 9 and its achievable. Nothing is impossible or too hard.

Finally,Guys have been using NYSC experience and they made it.

Thank you. I have PM to get more info.

I saw something about getting a job in Canada as a requirement too. Are there any province that waive that?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 5:01pm On Jan 29, 2017
Bumped into this. Still trying to decipher what this means. Says if submitting application after 31st of January, upfront medicals not to be done..till requested for .............seems one can no longer copy and paste a web link here.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2017
Gymme:

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Numerouuuno: 5:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
Osemigho:

Thank you. I have PM to get more info.

I saw something about getting a job in Canada as a requirement too. Are there any province that waive that?

Getting a job in canada isn't compulsory.

All province waice it as far as your CRS score is above the usually required 456
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 7:43pm On Jan 29, 2017
Numerouuuno:

Getting a job in canada isn't compulsory.

All province waice it as far as your CRS score is above the usually required 456

Student visa applicants use medical and police report. Can same documents submited for student visa be used for EE too?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 8:24pm On Jan 29, 2017
Osemigho:

Student visa applicants use medical and police report. Can same documents submited for student visa be used for EE too?
Yes, as long as they are still valid.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 8:33pm On Jan 29, 2017
I wish everyone all the very best, dont know if this is the thread for my question but I joined nairaland just for this Canada Immigration
now post COPR questions please does anyone have an idead on PTA ..Personal Travel Allowance and how to go about it...

Regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2017
specrealq:
Hello

Thank you.

Hello, pls I just you a PM, thanks and Good luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2017
Fusion23:
I wish everyone all the very best, dont know if this is the thread for my question but I joined nairaland just for this Canada Immigration
now post COPR questions please does anyone have an idead on PTA ..Personal Travel Allowance and how to go about it...

Regards.

You can either get PTA from banks or Travelex. It's a long thing, so brace up. Only few banks give and with special conditions. I was able to get 2k from Stanbic some months back with plenty wahala and another 2k from travelex.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olyveoyl(f): 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2017
olyveoyl:
Good evening all, still on POF, is it okay to use the conversion rate on oanda or ex.com ?
Thank you

Fusion23 et all,

Can someone assist with this query.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Usiomon: 12:21am On Jan 30, 2017
@dupyshoo & all with experience with this. it's been a great time here reading and getting informed. Please i have some questions and clarification. We live in dubai.My husband got new brunswick nomination from the dubai session held last year and then an ITA last week, both came a day apart. For POF we have a 3 options.
1. We have a zurish saving of long term savings but withdrawable at any time. Statement can be requested here?any more supporting docs required?
2. We want to get some money deposited in his nigeria account as sale of an already evaluated property in nigeria-what documents do we need to attach here please?
3. We had earlier made huge transfers to someone last year and want to use same persons account to pay into my husbands as return of borrowed funds and then my salary account statement too. What documents of proof is needed here

Can we use both accounts in nigeria and dubai as pof? Will each account have an LOE attached, as the deposits will come as bulk sums?
Also can the zurish savings be used along with these deposits in both the nigeria and our dubai accounts?

Kindly help with these please. Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 30, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

You can either get PTA from banks or Travelex. It's a long thing, so brace up. Only few banks give and with special conditions. I was able to get 2k from Stanbic some months back with plenty wahala and another 2k from travelex.
please sent you a pm ,but you can reply here ..what's the process involved in getting pta from stanbic?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 30, 2017
bbidakin:

Ask for the form in the banking hall..Find below the requirement:

International passport bio data page of traveller;

·         A valid visa or other eligible entry documentation where necessary;

·         A valid return air ticket (not flight reservation); however the CBN guidelines provides for specific cases where one-way tickets are acceptable;

·         Bank Verification Number (BVN) of applicant;

·         Stanbic IBTC Bank account number (applicants details only) to be debited;

·         Valid telephone number where requester could be contacted upon availability to honour request.

thanks very much..I appreciate ..

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.