Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2604321 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 10:00pm On Jan 27, 2017
Hi my ppl, please when they say no gaps in personal history, does it mean I have to put unemployed in a one month gap ......like between house job and Nysc?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 10:07pm On Jan 27, 2017
Adiahabasi:
Hi my ppl, please when they say no gaps in personal history, does it mean I have to put unemployed in a one month gap ......like between house job and Nysc?

For that gap, you can indicate 'in between job roles' instead. It looks better than 'unemployed' smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Amakyzuu: 11:25pm On Jan 27, 2017
thank you soo much... it is very helpful
boldinc:
I'm not sure of the type of qualifications gotten in the Navy, but you might be able to make enquiries with Wes.org to see if it can be evaluated. Otherwise, just stick to the 20 points extra from ielts. That's what I did. I was. I'm not the PA. I only added 20 points to my our total score which helped immensely in getting ITA.

Another advice as people have been giving lately is to apply as single and then get married after submitting your application post ITA.

Hope this helps. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 5:43am On Jan 28, 2017
Adiahabasi:
I selected unemployed from the drop down list for any period in between jobs post graduation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 6:05am On Jan 28, 2017
boldinc:
Thanks Fusion23... I believe I can get both certificates, though It's same father, but different mothers. I believe that shouldn't be an issue...

Fantastic .. the kind of relative is specified ..good news step brothers or sister is part of the list..i dont think one can use nephewss or niece or cousins
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 6:15am On Jan 28, 2017
vcole:

I selected unemployed from the drop down list for any period in between jobs post graduation.

I can remember this ..when they want your activities for the last 10 years or since u were 18

so please no gap for example mine

December 2012- Jan 2014 Masters uk bla bla (studying)
February 2014 - April 2014 still in uk no job preparing to come back to naija (unemployed)
May 2014 - June 2014 Back to naija now looking for job (unelmployed)

july 2014 - till date job in naija (work)

so please no gap ..it has the format either you were working or studying ..and give small explanation as u seem fit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 9:33am On Jan 28, 2017
temitope06:
Who has done a police report from UK here, what do they need?

cant remember 2 proof of address, passport bio data page, all in soft copy..den a reference .
then basically thats all.

U fill the forms all the infos are there
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 10:37am On Jan 28, 2017
Thanks... But this section only gives the option of brother or sister. No 'step'...

Fusion23:

Fantastic .. the kind of relative is specified ..good news step brothers or sister is part of the list..i dont think one can use nephewss or niece or cousins
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 10:46am On Jan 28, 2017
temitope06:
Who has done a police report from UK here, what do they need?
Very straight forward...I used 2 bank statements as proof of address, paid wt my Gtb naira MasterCard(18k) and got it in 1week. Did Ijebu, didn't want to pay for courier, so i chose for it to be sent to a friend's addy in UK, she scanned and sent to me, and has sent d hardcopy via regular mail.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 10:48am On Jan 28, 2017
Thanks black buddy, vcole and fusion. I appreciate!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 11:10am On Jan 28, 2017
you're welcome
Adiahabasi:
Thanks black buddy, vcole and fusion. I appreciate!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 28, 2017
Fusion23:

cant remember 2 proof of address, passport bio data page, all in soft copy..den a reference .
then basically thats all.

U fill the forms all the infos are there

As well as a passport photograph
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 12:43pm On Jan 28, 2017
boldinc:
Thanks... But this section only gives the option of brother or sister. No 'step'...

Hmm can remember to be honest cos mine was just brother , but am sure Step Brother will fly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 1:06pm On Jan 28, 2017
Good afternoon my people, Please I have a question on Proof of Funds that needs urgent attention. We are trying to put our house in order pending when we enter the pool grin and subsequently receive the ITA wink. The initial plan was that my hubby will be the principal applicant so the funds was saved in his bank account. however, with our current Ietls status I will be the principal applicant.

I have read different views about POF being in the principal applicant's name or a joint account.

We are thinking of opening a joint account before Jan ending and transfer what we have so far, so that we will print bank statement from February 2017 till six months. What worries me is if the VO wont suspect foul play with the account opening date and huge opening balance on that date?

The other option is to transfer the money from his account to my own account before month end since I am the principal applicant and he writes a LOE if necessary that he his giving it as an accompanying spouse.

Please is it totally prohibited that the bulk of the POF comes from your accompanying spouse?

Please I would appreciate your comments based on your experience

Many thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 2:12pm On Jan 28, 2017
@dupyshoo @boldinc thank you for your responses , i cant seem to view page 250 on this thread on my phone or laptop. is it just me or everyone else. Another question i didn't ask on transfer of funds , the persons transferring the funds will i have to post their bank statements too
@dupyshoo for my money in the cooperative my payslips indicates the deductions , i also intend to get a letter from the cooperative stating am a member and also show the amount i have been contributing over the years and its registration certificate. is this good enough?

dupyshoo:
1. 490 is Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), while 550 is the application fee. RPRF is refundable if application is refused as it is the cost for COPR and PR card.

2. You need proofs to show that the cooperative money is yours. If you can provide the terms and agreement of the cooperative and proofs that the money was taken from you account in the first place, you should be alright.

3. Nope. However, if the funds are in your account for 6 months, there won't be need to show any proofs or write LOE.

4. Actually, 6 months bank statements is not what IRCC requires, it is a letter from your bank that gives the following info: account opening date, type of account, current balance and average balance for the past 6 months. People get bank statements as a work-around when their banks refuse to give them a letter in the required format. To answer your question, if you are submitting bank statements, yes, you will still have to submit 6 months bank statements.

5. I think FD and Tbills are acceptable. This does not mean you won't still provide your bank statements sha.

6. 90 days

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2017
All the way from Canada student visa thread, where I am an active member. I will like to know possibility of express entry while studying.

Profile: 4 years volunteer teacher experience, 1 year full time nysc experience that ended April 2015. Currently working as GA in a federal university for the past 5-6months.

Wondering if students visa documents like medical, police cert, etc are applicable to Express entry, as a way of reducing cost.

Is there anyone with profile similar to mine that had been successful in the express entry/fed skill race?

What's the house opinion on my profile, eligibility, etc?

Can I get concise intro into the whole process?

Are there things I need to know as I follow your conversations?

Thank you.

I am humble and loyal. Elders in the house, help me!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2017
i dont think you qualify for express entry , you need 3 years full time work experience to enter the pool. go to page 0 of this thread and read all the way. when you are through then ask questions

Osemigho:
All the way from Canada student visa thread, where I am an active member. I will like to know possibility of express entry while studying.

Profile: 4 years volunteer teacher experience, 1 year full time nysc experience that ended April 2015. Currently working as GA in a federal university for the past 5-6months.

Wondering if students visa documents like medical, police cert, etc are applicable to Express entry, as a way of reducing cost.

Is there anyone with profile similar to mine that had been successful in the express entry/fed skill race?

Thank you.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2017
@dupyshoo @boldinc @fusion23 @vcole

Please I await your response. Thanks

Bimpsy99:
Good afternoon my people, Please I have a question on Proof of Funds that needs urgent attention. We are trying to put our house in order pending when we enter the pool grin and subsequently receive the ITA wink. The initial plan was that my hubby will be the principal applicant so the funds was saved in his bank account. however, with our current Ietls status I will be the principal applicant.

I have read different views about POF being in the principal applicant's name or a joint account.

We are thinking of opening a joint account before Jan ending and transfer what we have so far, so that we will print bank statement from February 2017 till six months. What worries me is if the VO wont suspect foul play with the account opening date and huge opening balance on that date?

The other option is to transfer the money from his account to my own account before month end since I am the principal applicant and he writes a LOE if necessary that he his giving it as an accompanying spouse.

Please is it totally prohibited that the bulk of the POF comes from your accompanying spouse?

Many thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Numerouuuno: 3:28pm On Jan 28, 2017
optionese:
i dont think you qualify for express entry , you need 3 years full time work experience to enter the pool. go to page 0 of this thread and read all the way. when you are through then ask questions

Jesus, please don't give wrong information when you are not sure of something.
Your information is wrong.
Osemigho:

Thank you.

If you are less than 30 years old, single and have a good IELTS score of atleast Band 9 and 1 year full time paid work experience, you can enter the pool with 456 score. And i believe with the current trend of Express entry, you have a chance.
Forget your volunteer work experience , it won't fly.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2017
@Nogen, greetings

Any progress on Mon Project Quebec?

Heard it opens again in April.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 5:25pm On Jan 28, 2017
Transfer the money to your account as soon as you can. There is no issue with your spouse transferring the bulk of the money to your account. He just needs to write a LOE to support the transfer.

I have heard that some people even use an accompanying spouse account and the VO did not have an issue with it. Personally, for peace of mind, I will advise the money is kept in the PA's account.

Bimpsy99:

Many thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 5:33pm On Jan 28, 2017
I can view page 250.

I don't think there is need to include the bank statements of the person transferring the funds. However, the onus is on the PA to convince the VO that the person giving the money has the ability to give the amount transferred.

For the funds from cooperative, the letter and the evidence of deductions might suffice. Just ensure you do not give any reasons for the VO to doubt the source of funds.

optionese:
@dupyshoo @boldinc thank you for your responses , i cant seem to view page 250 on this thread on my phone or laptop. is it just me or everyone else. Another question i didn't ask on transfer of funds , the persons transferring the funds will i have to post their bank statements too
@dupyshoo for my money in the cooperative my payslips indicates the deductions , i also intend to get a letter from the cooperative stating am a member and also show the amount i have been contributing over the years and its registration certificate. is this good enough?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 5:35pm On Jan 28, 2017
Wrong info!!! You don't need 3 years to qualify for express entry. You need only a year full time and continuous work experience
optionese:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 5:42pm On Jan 28, 2017
@bimpsy99, he can transfer to you and you leave the funds in your account. He'll write a loe that he transferred the funds when you both decided to make you the PA for the ee process. If that happens now n you don't get an ita within the next three months, then by the time you're applying for pr post ita you may not even need the loe seeing as the money would have been in your account for six months.
You can also both create a joint account now but it would have to be at least six months old by d time you're submitting your app.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 5:48pm On Jan 28, 2017
To get 456, you will need CLB 10 and MSc/2 or more certificates.
Numerouuuno:

If you are less than 30 years old, single and have a good IELTS score of atleast Band 9 and 1 year full time paid work experience, you can enter the pool with 456 score. And i believe with the current trend of Express entry, you have a chance.
Forget your volunteer work experience , it won't fly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nogen: 6:02pm On Jan 28, 2017
40manlappy:
@Nogen, greetings

Any progress on Mon Project Quebec?

Heard it opens again in April.

No. Waiting for it in April too. Have got 96% of required documents ready.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 28, 2017
Hi all,
Can someone kindly help me with the cost of medical assessment at the different centers, and also, the time frame between tests and results for each of them.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:04pm On Jan 28, 2017
Nogen:

No. Waiting for it in April too. Have got 96% of required documents ready.

Cool. I find it interesting that ability to speak to French is not a requirement though it should be a plus eventually.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nogen: 7:33pm On Jan 28, 2017
40manlappy:

Cool. I find it interesting that ability to speak to French is not a requirement though it should be a plus eventually.

Yes. But it goes a long way to help ones application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olyveoyl(f): 8:35pm On Jan 28, 2017
Good evening all, still on POF, is it okay to use the conversion rate on oanda or ex.com ?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 8:41pm On Jan 28, 2017
thanks a lot. God bless you

vcole:
@bimpsy99, he can transfer to you and you leave the funds in your account. He'll write a loe that he transferred the funds when you both decided to make you the PA for the ee process. If that happens now n you don't get an ita within the next three months, then by the time you're applying for pr post ita you may not even need the loe seeing as the money would have been in your account for six months.
You can also both create a joint account now but it would have to be at least six months old by d time you're submitting your app.

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.