Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2600139 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 9:53pm On Feb 08, 2017
My people thank you ooh!! I appreciate the congratulobias but make I see ITA ooh! grin

I don refresh tire, no email yet, no update yet any Nigerian received yet?

NO sleeping tonight! I wanna palpate my ITA live with my hands.

Lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by trishachi: 10:19pm On Feb 08, 2017
@Vcole - Congrats. Real good reward for all the much needed contributions

@esosa4real - Don't worry. it will come before midnight today or by tomorrow morning.

Congrats to everyone that got ITA today too

my people, pls wats the difference between these two questions

1. Question # 4: Has NAME you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Question # 5: Has NAME ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

I am kinda confused. If I have been refused a visiting visa to the US, which category exactly do I fall under, which do I answer yes to?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 10:36pm On Feb 08, 2017
trishachi:
@Vcole - Congrats. Real good reward for all the much needed contributions

@esosa4real - Don't worry. it will come before midnight today or by tomorrow morning.

Congrats to everyone that got ITA today too

my people, pls wats the difference between these two questions

1. Question # 4: Has NAME you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Question # 5: Has NAME ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

I am kinda confused. If I have been refused a visiting visa to the US, which category exactly do I fall under, which do I answer yes to?

You should respond to Question 4 which explicitly mentions visitor visa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 11:12pm On Feb 08, 2017
esosa4real:
My people thank you ooh!! I appreciate the congratulobias but make I see ITA ooh! grin

Lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 11:41pm On Feb 08, 2017
Applying with your wife is your best option... Adds more points when she writes IELTS and also gets her credentials assessed.

You might be better off with her being the principal applicant.

Find out how here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

shamecurls:
Good People of this Forum,

Is it advisable to apply with ones wife or alone? Which seems to be the surest path.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mulero23: 11:49pm On Feb 08, 2017
hello Guru in the house, kindly assist clarify the age difference challenges my closest pal is having. The age on his WES evaluation report is quite different from the age on his international passport. Please which age is relevant to his express entry application. Please your advice will be highly appreciated. thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MillzGray: 12:10am On Feb 09, 2017
Please people, I have ALL the wealth of information I need to start the process of this immigration through FSWP and from my calculations, I'll need 5.6m naira for everything. I have an average paying job but I can never raise that amount of money. I have 4 questions.

1) How am I going to raise this money? Loan? Extra business? Please share how you got the money needed for this.
2) Those that got job offers from here, please how did you do it?
3) Those that had no job offer or provincial nomination, how in the world did you get enough points to be able to qualify for ITA?
4) I saw also that a certain amount of money is needed to show proof of funds. If I get a job offer, this is unnecessary right? Or do I need it no matter what?

Please o, help a sister. I need helpful answers. Anybody is welcome to answer, thanks and God bless you.

For clarification, this is my daughter's account. I couldn't be bothered to open one and she told me to 'ask nairaland' while rolling her eyes. Thank you o.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shamecurls(m): 12:13am On Feb 09, 2017
boldinc:
Applying with your wife is your best option... Adds more points when she writes IELTS and also gets her credentials assessed.

You might be better off with her being the principal applicant.

Find out how here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Thanks alot!

Can you explain "You might be better off with her being the principal applicant."

Sorry for my disturbance!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 12:57am On Feb 09, 2017
mulero23:
hello Guru in the house, kindly assist clarify the age difference challenges my closest pal is having. The age on his WES evaluation report is quite different from the age on his international passport. Please which age is relevant to his express entry application. Please your advice will be highly applreciated. thanks
. His real age. The discrepancy may cause an outright rejection. He should try going wt the older of the two ages and attach a LOE. But his best bet wld be to get a new passport and make his DOB tally.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olandofire(m): 3:06am On Feb 09, 2017
Hello vcole. While going through your timeline I noticed you are a Medical Doctor. I made my application using my M.Sc. in Physiology as I was still in medical school. Now that I have both my medical degree and the permanent residency, I would like to know which province is the most favorable to International Medical Graduates. I heard the path towards license is long, so I would like to know every detail that may help reduce the stress. Thank you.
vcole:
Thanks everyone. I truly appreciate your support, advise, recommendations and all through this journey and wish everyone a speedy app process.

I submitted my app on Nov 6, 2016. Details of my prep- eca, ielts, EE pool entry, ITA, etc etc can be found in my previous posts, you can click on my moniker and read old posts for more info.

Timeline:
FSW-EE, NOC 3112, CRS 482.
EE profile created: Oct 14th 2016
ITA: Oct 19th 2016
eAPR submitted: 6th Nov 2016
AOR: 7th Nov 2016
Medicals passed: 8th Nov 2016
BG NN>>IP : 30th Dec 2016
GCMS notes requested January 11th, issued on 21st January and received on February 2nd. Its 129 pages of lots of very confusing info and I had to google a lot and ask people who had gone through the process before to try to explain. The short summary is that it showed my app had moved from central office in ottawa to Accra on 8th Nov and from Accra to London VO in Dec, and as at 30th Dec, it showed eligibility: passed, criminality:passed, medicals:passed and final:approved and the last notes made by a VO same date was "appears RFV"
I was very worried as to why I had not received PPR when app was supposedly approved since Dec but was encouraged by "forerunners" lol! to just wait and expect ppr soon and they were spot on.

@esosa4real, i have been receiving your pms and i have been responding, maybe you should check your junk or spam? @boldinc, I also responded to yours.

I have also received a couple of pms from newbies to the thread, I didn't reply because I am more than happy to respond to all your questions on this thread as that way, it yields maximum benefit. You are able to get responses from several persons and it also benefits current and future readers. This thread would be dead if we all opted to pm when we just joined instead of discussing on the thread. So, kindly ask your questions on the thread.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by OMOTOPRECIOUS: 5:03am On Feb 09, 2017
DEAR ALL,
I GOT MY PPR YESTERDAY FEBRUARY 8, 2017 AT 8:37AM!!!! Glory be to God!!!! I am overwhelmed with JOY!

Timeline:
FSW-EE, CRS 470.
AOR: MAY 19, 2016
BG NN>>IP :Dec 29, 2016
PPR: February 8, 2017
VISA Office: Accra transferred to London!

It has not been an easy 8 months + but all the emotional stress is finally over and I can only say Thank you Lord!

Congratulations to Vcole and Congratulations in advance to you all that are waiting... It will end in Praise in Jesus Mighty Name... Amen

Cheers!

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mulero23: 5:36am On Feb 09, 2017
Adiahabasi:
. His real age. The discrepancy may cause an outright rejection. He should try going wt the older of the two ages and attach a LOE. But his best bet wld be to get a new passport and make his DOB tally.
OK, thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 6:16am On Feb 09, 2017
Congrats Vcole! That was fast!

Iphie25 Hw far? Gotten PPR yet?

Congrats to all who got ITA today.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 6:38am On Feb 09, 2017
Hello house

Please when they say addresses lived after 18 does that include where i stayed for holiday trip abroad or just resident address.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hallly: 6:39am On Feb 09, 2017
Congrats, and all the best.

OMOTOPRECIOUS:
DEAR ALL,
I GOT MY PPR YESTERDAY FEBRUARY 8, 2017 AT 8:37AM!!!! Glory be to God!!!! I am overwhelmed with JOY!

Timeline:
FSW-EE, CRS 470.

It has not been an easy 8 months + but all the emotional stress is finally over and I can only say Thank you Lord!

Congratulations to Vcole and Congratulations in advance to you all that are waiting... It will end in Praise in Jesus Mighty Name... Amen

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:22am On Feb 09, 2017
Congrats to all ITA recipients
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:39am On Feb 09, 2017
I assume she could be younger than your are and age is a factor in earning points. Also, she might have a Masters' degree and you do not (as it was in my case).

I will advice you use the link and try both ways and go with the person with the highest score.

shamecurls:

Thanks alot!

Can you explain "You might be better off with her being the principal applicant."

Sorry for my disturbance!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:41am On Feb 09, 2017
Just resident address

specrealq:
Hello house

Please when they say addresses lived after 18 does that include where i stayed for holiday trip abroad or just resident address.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:42am On Feb 09, 2017
Congrats!

OMOTOPRECIOUS:
DEAR ALL,

Timeline:
FSW-EE, CRS 470.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 7:51am On Feb 09, 2017
MillzGray:
Please people, I have ALL the wealth of information I need to start the process of this immigration through FSWP and from my calculations, I'll need 5.6m naira for everything. I have an average paying job but I can never raise that amount of money. I have 4 questions.

1) How am I going to raise this money? Loan? Extra business? Please share how you got the money needed for this.
2) Those that got job offers from here, please how did you do it?
3) Those that had no job offer or provincial nomination, how in the world did you get enough points to be able to qualify for ITA?
4) I saw also that a certain amount of money is needed to show proof of funds. If I get a job offer, this is unnecessary right? Or do I need it no matter what?

Please o, help a sister. I need helpful answers. Anybody is welcome to answer, thanks and God bless you.

For clarification, this is my daughter's account. I couldn't be bothered to open one and she told me to 'ask nairaland' while rolling her eyes. Thank you o.

Gurus can add to this, I'll answer to d best of my knowledge.

1. Some have the money, some like me have family that can easily raise the money and I get a gift deed, others borrow from different sources and return back after a successful application. I wouldn't advise loan cos of interest, or u borrow from a friend that will charge little or no interest. If I sabi biz wey I go make $12k+, my sister I won't be heading to Canada.

2. Getting a job is really difficult. Most ppl on this thread didn't get jobs before ITA.

3. It's a combination of age, education, ielts and possibly marital status. For me, very good ielts, masters, single and ermm not too old gave me a mark slightly above 450. So it's a combination of all that, if u ain't young, MSc and good ielts couple with at least 3 yrs experience might get u an okay mark. With cut off getting low, you never know.

4. This is where the Gurus might have to come in. I don't think u need POF if you got a concrete job offer but I AM NOT CERTAIN ABOUT THIS.

As for ur daughter, no allowance for a month will set the eyes right back where it needs to be. JK

Hope I've helped abit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by patani(m): 7:57am On Feb 09, 2017
Experts in the house, Can Treasury Bill certificate be presented as prove of fund?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jugzy: 7:58am On Feb 09, 2017
I have received ITA. Sometimes it takes about 24 hrs to receive the email. Keep checking, that is if you haven't received it already.

esosa4real:

Lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shamecurls(m): 8:06am On Feb 09, 2017
boldinc:
I assume she could be younger than your are and age is a factor in earning points. Also, she might have a Masters' degree and you do not (as it was in my case).

I will advice you use the link and try both ways and go with the person with the highest score.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jugzy: 8:17am On Feb 09, 2017
Residential address.
specrealq:
Hello house

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Onlineise(m): 9:01am On Feb 09, 2017
Goodmorning People,

Congratulations to everyone that got their ITA yesterday (including myself) and to the seniors with PPR status and the ancestors that have landed I hail thee all.

Quick One: My work experience for NOC 1114 is actually 2years and 11months...but while filling my profile it didn't request for actual date of the job...just month and year hence March 2014 - Feb 2017 makes it 3years on the dot but in actual date count i am short by 3weeks and some days.

The system counted it as 3years and gave me maximum points, should I go ahead and accept this ITA and run with it or reject and just wait till March or April?

Gurus please advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:34am On Feb 09, 2017
Do not reject the ITA... You have 3 months to submit and before that ends, you would have completed 3 full years.

So... begin to prepare all your documents and wait till the end of the 3/4weeks you need and then submit.

All the best and congrats on your ITA.

Onlineise:
Goodmorning People,

Congratulations to everyone that got their ITA yesterday (including myself) and to the seniors with PPR status and the ancestors that have landed I hail thee all.

Quick One: My work experience for NOC 1114 is actually 2years and 11months...but while filling my profile it didn't request for actual date of the job...just month and year hence March 2014 - Feb 2017 makes it 3years on the dot but in actual date count i am short by 3weeks and some days.

The system counted it as 3years and gave me maximum points, should I go ahead and accept this ITA and run with it or reject and just wait till March or April?

Gurus please advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hallly: 9:35am On Feb 09, 2017
You are good to go. The system uses months not dates in calculating work experience. All the best in your application.

Onlineise:
Goodmorning People,

Gurus please advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 9:37am On Feb 09, 2017
My people's I greet you!!

Yaay! I woke up to see my ITA! Thanks for the encouragement and support. Now the journey just officially started.

@vcole dupsyshoo 40manlappy slowlybutsurely ugoiyke79e I am worried about the date I fixed for my wedding which is August 12th. Do you think it would be too late a time considering the stage, application might have progressed to by then?

I don't wanna carry on this application to the end and not involve my girl oh.

Was just looking at the timeliness, it's difficult to predict but what do you advise? Should I keep to this date? Or marry earlier? I am yet to pay for anything sha like hall etc.

Mind you, I can only come home ONCE, if not I would have come to do a court after eAPR but that would cancel possibility of travelling again in august. They won't grant another leave.

I hope yall get my drift!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:41am On Feb 09, 2017
boldinc:
Do not reject the ITA... You have 3 months to submit and before that ends, you would have completed 3 full years.

So... begin to prepare all your documents and wait till the end of the 3/4weeks you need and then submit.

All the best and congrats on your ITA.

They rejected a CEC candidate because of this. They will consider what your points should be when you got ITA.

Not sure if it's same for outland.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:44am On Feb 09, 2017
There's no option to choose a day... just months and by CIC's calculation, it's 3 years still.

I'm sure there would be no problems as long as the reference letter gives the same information.

I would also advice getting the reference letter to state only months and not exact date... cc: Onlineise

SlowlybtSurely:

They rejected a CEC candidate because of this. They will consider what your points should be when you got ITA.

Not sure if it's same for outland.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hallly: 9:47am On Feb 09, 2017
I was about suggesting a court marriage until I read the last paragraph. The way I see it you have two options :

1. Move the wedding forward and apply as a couple. However, be sure to recalculate your score and ensure it doesn't fall below the minimum for the draw u were invited.

2. Submit your application before getting married. And add your spouse after marriage. You can do this at any point during the application, even after receiving copr as long as you do so before landing in Canada. And you don't have to recalculate your score. However, you would need to show funds for two once you add her.

Hope this helps and all the best.

esosa4real:
My people's I greet you!!

Yaay! I woke up to see my ITA! Thanks for the encouragement and support. Now the journey just officially started.

@vcole dupsyshoo 40manlappy slowlybutsurely ugoiyke79e I am worried about the date I fixed for my wedding which is August 12th. Do you think it would be too late a time considering the stage, application might have progressed to by then?

I don't wanna carry on this application to the end and not involve my girl oh.

Was just looking at the timeliness, it's difficult to predict but what do you advise? Should I keep to this date? Or marry earlier? I am yet to pay for anything sha like hall etc.

Mind you, I can only come home ONCE, if not I would have come to do a court after eAPR but that would cancel possibility of travelling again in august. They won't grant another leave.

I hope yall get my drift!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.