Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599998 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:50am On Feb 09, 2017
esosa4real:
My people's I greet you!!

Yaay! I woke up to see my ITA! Thanks for the encouragement and support. Now the journey just officially started.

@vcole dupsyshoo 40manlappy slowlybutsurely ugoiyke79e I am worried about the date I fixed for my wedding which is August 12th. Do you think it would be too late a time considering the stage, application might have progressed to by then?

I don't wanna carry on this application to the end and not involve my girl oh.

Was just looking at the timeliness, it's difficult to predict but what do you advise? Should I keep to this date? Or marry earlier? I am yet to pay for anything sha like hall etc.

Mind you, I can only come home ONCE, if not I would have come to do a court after eAPR but that would cancel possibility of travelling again in august. They won't grant another leave.

I hope yall get my drift!

Maybe you should submit your application early May, just before the expiration of the 90 day timeline. This way, even if you get PPR by late july/early August, you will have 30 days to submit your passport, then you would have done your wedding. You inform them that you just got married. They will ask for updated documents and re-issue the PPR. Make others help torchlite the issue.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:51am On Feb 09, 2017
I think you should not accept the ITA. Some people have been fortunate to get away with it while some people have been rejected. It is your responsibility to ensure you actually merit the CRS score awarded to you.

This is just my opinion

Onlineise:
Goodmorning People,

Congratulations to everyone that got their ITA yesterday (including myself) and to the seniors with PPR status and the ancestors that have landed I hail thee all.

Quick One: My work experience for NOC 1114 is actually 2years and 11months...but while filling my profile it didn't request for actual date of the job...just month and year hence March 2014 - Feb 2017 makes it 3years on the dot but in actual date count i am short by 3weeks and some days.

The system counted it as 3years and gave me maximum points, should I go ahead and accept this ITA and run with it or reject and just wait till March or April?

Gurus please advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hallly: 9:51am On Feb 09, 2017
This would most likely be because the CEC candidate did not have up to the required number of months in their letter of refrence.

However, in this case, the years of experience is actually 3, because CIC is concerned with months not dates. As long as the eference letter clearly states the exact months entered while creating the profile all should be well.

SlowlybtSurely:

They rejected a CEC candidate because of this. They will consider what your points should be when you got ITA.

Not sure if it's same for outland.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:52am On Feb 09, 2017
I just saw your comment!!
I have also heard of rejection cos of this issue. Application fee is not cheap!!!

SlowlybtSurely:

They rejected a CEC candidate because of this. They will consider what your points should be when you got ITA.

Not sure if it's same for outland.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:52am On Feb 09, 2017
boldinc:
There's no option to choose a day... just months and by CIC's calculation, it's 3 years still.

I'm sure there would be no problems as long as the reference letter gives the same information.

I would also advice getting the reference letter to state only months and not exact date... cc: Onlineise

I totally understand. I'm just saying what i read. That was the reason CIC gave the candidate for rejection.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:54am On Feb 09, 2017
dupyshoo:
I just saw your comment!!
I have also heard of rejection cos of this issue. Application fee is not cheap!!!

I tell you. With the way scores are coming down, he will get another ITA soon enough. Let him just wait till he clocks 3 years.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:56am On Feb 09, 2017
hallly:
This would most likely be because the CEC candidate did not have up to the required number of months in their letter of refrence.

However, in this case, the years of experience is actually 3, because CIC is concerned with months not dates. As long as the reference letter clearly states the exact months entered while creating the profile all should be well.

Trust me, that wasn't the issue. The issue was same exact one this guy is having.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:56am On Feb 09, 2017
I agree with you!! I will rather wait than have hypertension while my application is being processed. Even with a perfect application, the worries cos of fear of rejection is out of this world
SlowlybtSurely:

I tell you. With the way scores are coming down, he will get another ITA soon enough. Let him just wait till he clocks 3 years.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:58am On Feb 09, 2017
Nope, I have read of people that were rejected cos of the same issue. I will try to search for an example if I can find one
hallly:

However, in this case, the years of experience is actually 3, because CIC is concerned with months not dates. As long as the eference letter clearly states the exact months entered while creating the profile all should be well.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:58am On Feb 09, 2017
dupyshoo:
I agree with you!! I will rather wait than have hypertension while my application is being processed. Even with a perfect application, the worries cos of fear of rejection is out of this world

See me dey fear to submit. And my app be no bad ooo. Peace of mind cannot be found in same sentence with this application at all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 10:17am On Feb 09, 2017
hallly:

No Sir/Ma. CIC is "concerned" with dates. In cic books, January 5th to December 31st 2017 is not the same as January 1st to Decemeber 31st. If the application is not up to 3 years, it'll most like lead to rejection. dupyshoo and slowlybtsurely are correct. onlineise please take heed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chinnie4Jesus: 10:19am On Feb 09, 2017
Good Morning guys, Congrats to those that got ITA and PPR. Please can the gurus help me out here. My international passport has expired and I am in the pool. I have gone for another one, done everything but each time I call, they keep saying they Dnt have booklets on ground and they Dnt know when they will get. Please can I still use my old one and maybe attach an LOE with copy of the processed fee for this new one (I'm quite hopeful that the next ITS won't pass me by).

Secondly, does express entry require having a proof of license for your profession. The way it is a requirement for provincial nomination. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 10:20am On Feb 09, 2017
@vcole and @omotoprecious congratulations guys.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Morbolar: 10:20am On Feb 09, 2017
Really happy to be part of this conversation. Lots of intelligent people here. Congrats to those that have their PPR and wishing everyone of us success on this journey. M

May the Lord help us.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 10:23am On Feb 09, 2017
Chinnie4Jesus:
Good Morning guys, Congrats to those that got ITA and PPR. Please can the gurus help me out here. My international passport has expired and I am in the pool. I have gone for another one, done everything but each time I call, they keep saying they Dnt have booklets on ground and they Dnt know when they will get. Please can I still use my old one and maybe attach an LOE with copy of the processed fee for this new one (I'm quite hopeful that the next ITS won't pass me by).

Secondly, does express entry require having a proof of license for your profession. The way it is a requirement for provincial nomination. Thanks.

1.I think you need a valid passport. I'm not 100% sure though. cc dupyshoo
2. No. I didn't know proof of license was a requirement for PNP. You sure about that?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 10:28am On Feb 09, 2017
00DE00:

1.I think you need a valid passport. I'm not 100% sure though. cc dupyshoo
2. No. I didn't know proof of license was a requirement for PNP. You sure about that?

Except Ontario, i think.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chinnie4Jesus: 10:33am On Feb 09, 2017
Chinnie4Jesus:

Dupyshoo please do you have any idea about this?

Thanks 00DE00, I guess not all PNP. I had my eyes on Ontario and Sask.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:37am On Feb 09, 2017
I think all PNPs apart from Ontario PNP require licence. However, you only require ECA for Express Entry.

Chinnie4Jesus:

Dupyshoo please do you have any idea about this?

Thanks 00DE00, I guess not all PNP. I had my eyes on Ontario and Sask.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hallly: 10:41am On Feb 09, 2017
dupyshoo:
Nope, I have read of people that were rejected cos of the same issue. I will try to search for an example if I can find one
00DE00:

No Sir/Ma. CIC is "concerned" with dates. In cic books, January 5th to December 31st 2017 is not the same as January 1st to Decemeber 31st. If the application is not up to 3 years, it'll most like lead to rejection. dupyshoo and slowlybtsurely are correct. onlineise please take heed.

Guess I must be wrong then...only said so because I have a friend who had the same issue and received her ppr last week....maybe she was just lucky.

Sorry if my response was misleading.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 10:48am On Feb 09, 2017
hallly:

Guess I must be wrong then...only said so because I have a friend who had the same issue and received her ppr last week....maybe she was just lucky.

Sorry if my response was misleading.

No need to apologise. Your friend was lucky. IRCC keeps drawing 3k+ every two weeks and I doubt if they'll be that lenient anymore.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Onlineise(m): 11:04am On Feb 09, 2017
@All,

Thanks for the advise and debates. Further to my case...I actually do have another two years of experience on the same NOC (May 2011 to Jan 2013). I didn't include it in the EE because I am dead sure my former employer will not give reference in the format required and would probably fustrate my efforts (because we parted on a not too good note) hence why I just stuck with my current employer for the points.

So can I just update my EE profile with the old experience, it wont obviously change my CRS but it means I will now need to pursue reference from this old employer...advise please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 11:07am On Feb 09, 2017
Onlineise:
@All,

Thanks for the advise and debates. Further to my case...I actually do have another two years of experience on the same NOC (May 2011 to Jan 2013). I didn't include it in the EE because I am dead sure my former employer will not give reference in the format required and would probably fustrate my efforts (because we parted on a not too good note) hence why I just stuck with my current employer for the points.

So can I just update my EE profile with the old experience, it wont obviously change my CRS but it means I will now need to pursue reference from this old employer...advise please.

As long as you can get the ref letter and some pay slips or show salary in bank statement (these are optional though)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adrianbuwan: 11:07am On Feb 09, 2017
Chinnie4Jesus:

The same issue with me.My passport lost,want to get another and they keep saying no booklet.I am so tired of this country.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oohunt: 11:07am On Feb 09, 2017
Please I will like to verify something.

It is correct that one can use difference NOC Codes under EE? But a single NOC Code for FSW?

I want to know if I can include more references for a different NOC Code under EE.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by abusaibu: 11:21am On Feb 09, 2017
Goodday house, pls can someone help me, am in the express entry pool with crs of 356 i have master and that is what i claimed that i have and also did my ECA on it, now if i do another ECA for my first degree, will i get more point on it? If yes like how many point, cos i want to increase my score.

I have 5 years working experience, IELTS oerall i score 7.

Thanks

abusaibu@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 11:29am On Feb 09, 2017
Hello house,

I received ITA yesterday (08/02/2017) but I need clarity on a few questions-
(1) I am currently in the UK & will not be rounding up until approximately two years from now. Will this affect my Canadian PR? Is there a time limit I am permitted to be out of Canada for?
(2) I have a treasury bill investment in Nigeria which will mature in June 2017. Can I use this as PoF? Is it acceptable?
(3) Can my reference letter (for work experience) be written by HR and not my supervisor? Will this suffice?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by abusaibu: 11:35am On Feb 09, 2017
Goodday house, pls i need a clarification, am in the express pool with crs of 356 and i have Master degree which i have did my ECA on it, just want to know if i do another ECA on my First degree will i have more point, if yes like how many point.

Cos i have master, 34 years, IELTS overall 7, and have 5 years working experience.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by abusaibu: 11:37am On Feb 09, 2017
Goodday house, pls i need a clarification, am in the express pool with crs of 356 and i have Master degree which i have did my ECA on it, just want to know if i do another ECA on my First degree will i have more point, if yes like how many point.

Cos i have master, 34 years, IELTS overall 7, and have 5 years working experience.

Thanks.

abusaibu@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Justhere123: 11:47am On Feb 09, 2017
Just a quick question:
I have a bachelors degree in Electrical engineering but have worked as a web developer for 3years and as a software engineer for more than 2years. is this valid for EE? Or does my degree need to be Computer Science.

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 11:48am On Feb 09, 2017
@vcole
Congratulations to you o..u r just an achiever, I remember u in the usa missionary journey, I tap into your blessing o.
I sincerely hope ielts wud dash me 0.5 o in remarking so I fit reach d 472.. @dupsyshoo, I believe ur sis must ve gotten ITA by now.
please wat does dis terminologies mean...AOPR,PPR,eAOPR etc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 12:03pm On Feb 09, 2017
abusaibu:

Thanks.
abusaibu@yahoo.com

No. You wont get more points if you evaluate your first degree.

Rewrite IELTS and aim for at least L8R7W7S7. Your scores will be in the 400s.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 12:04pm On Feb 09, 2017
Justhere123:
Just a quick question:
I have a bachelors degree in Electrical engineering but have worked as a web developer for 3years and as a software engineer for more than 2years. is this valid for EE? Or does my degree need to be Computer Science.

Thanks in advance

Very valid. Check to see that the occupation is listed though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.