Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,104 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599015 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by match2016: 10:30am On Nov 25, 2015
Hopefully, I understand your question...I will say go ahead with your life wink. You dont know when you will get ITA except ofcourse, you have very good scores but don't put everything on hold waiting for ITA.

Doggys:
To be candid house i am in a hurry for all these so i get points for my age. By February of 2016,i'll be 30 years and i want to apply to EE by 29yrs. I even have an admission for masters degree in germany for summer semester starting in march/april of 2016,but don't know if to go ahead or wait, continue working till I get an ITA. I need advice. Because the PR will help both my wife and Son.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by match2016: 10:32am On Nov 25, 2015
If you are in Lagos, go to the office in Ikoyi; its pretty straight forward.
TruePearl:
Does anyone have the form for then Nigeria police clearance certificate application and could you send it to me please? I'll send you a pm if you have it. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by match2016: 10:35am On Nov 25, 2015
Be very careful with this. Chhose the NOC that matches the letter of experience you will get from your employers.
ramsol00:
Hello house,

Please I have been having difficulties as regards best matching NOC no for my job duties. I have two different job duties (having change my company and job roles) of which I havent found any NOC close to the two of them. I would be glad if anyone in this house can guide me on better NOC for the job below:

1. Risk Analyst (specifically Operational Risk Management)

2. Treasury Operations Officer (roles here are Treasury Operations in banks)

I know of 4162 that has Risk Management Anaylst, but the problem is that no duties relating to Risk Management Analyst was stated there, my question is if I cant find any other match elsewhere, can I go with that 4162 since it has Risk Management Analyst eventhough the duties were not stated there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 11:25am On Nov 25, 2015
JesusDWay:

Note that you must pay WES for your evaluation first ad get your reference number as you will give it to school who will quote it on their response to WES. You should have someone there doing the leg work of going to check and remind those in charge to send the verification response back to WES otherwise, you may wait for long. What i discovered is that the request from WES usually gets to school on time but school sometimes wait for the person to come and pay for the cost of mailing the response back to WES so, i suggest you find someone who can do the leg work for you there. Please don't rely on WES using only your copy of certificate to do the evaluation(tho it appears that's what they use mostly but better play safe), cuz even if they send back the copy of your certificate back to school, the response from school is still the major thing.
This is the exact scenario I am faced with.
Transcript and certificate got to WES quite well. Verification request was sent and institution are claimed not to have gotten their mail until someone working there had to do a thorough check on the email WES sent and saw the mail rresting there.

Please always follow up your application cos Schools here dey dull

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 11:29am On Nov 25, 2015
candykenni:
@JesusDWay, how much did it cost per person or per family to do the medical?

It depends on which of the hospital you are using. Most in Lagos axis cost #28k per person. Prime Consultants Port Harcourt is #30k per person. I think those in Abuja is about #48k (not too sure)
Better still, call the contact number of these hospitals while booking an appointment and also inquire of the cost.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Rebe: 11:35am On Nov 25, 2015
Dear everyone,

I have some questions regarding my express entry application and I will be very glad if seniors here can help.

Firstly, I entered the express entry pool since May with CRS of slightly below 440, I recreated my profile last week and I got PT from Ontario. However, a friend advised that I could use my NYSC experience which I did and my score jumped to over 460 which gave me a better chance of an ITA without provincial nomination. However, I have this issue with using my NYSC experience as my PPA organisation is not willing to provide a reference letter for me and the supervisor I worked with during NYSC has moved to another organisation. Fortunately, I have photocopies of my acceptance letter stating that the organisation has accepted my to serve with them,my monthly clearance letters and my final clearance letter. Is it okay to include these letters together with the reference letter that will be provided by my former supervisor? Kindly advice on other things to include in order to justify my NYSC experience.

Secondly, regarding proof of funds, I have a cooperative account with my present employer where a certain amount of money is deducted from my salary for saving every month. The money can be withdrawn whenever I wish. However, I am not sure if the cooperative can provide my account details in the format required by CIC and also if CIC will accept such statement since it is not from a Financial institution. I am thinking of moving the funds to my bank account and providing a letter of explanation to CIC on the sudden rise in the funds in my account. I wish to know if anyone has tried this and if this is a wise decision.

I am opened to suggestions on resolving these dilemmas of mine.

Apologies for the long epistle.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 12:06pm On Nov 25, 2015
match2016:

The EE route, thankfully.

[/quote] Is there anyone that has gotten ITA and AOR and waiting for an update? I applied in the FSW and submitted my application in May although I live outside the country. It looks like its a slow process (or killing wait) so I was just wondering what the timeline of any Nigerians look like.[/quote]

This contradicts your claim here, kindly clarify. we will appreciate you tell us your timeline.(this is just to monitor Nigerian applicants on EE, not thing more) thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by stunning4real: 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
pls house how do i go about it (WES), the name on my certificate is different from the name i want to apply with due to change in marital status.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Tosky234: 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hi everyone,

I currently reside in England and I put in my application 3 months ago with a 385 points. I was on working visa when i applied but on a student visa now. So am no longer working full time but part time with the same organisation. Am a little bit confused on how to proceed. Help please. Kind regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2015
Rebe:
Dear everyone,

I have some questions regarding my express entry application and I will be very glad if seniors here can help.

Firstly, I entered the express entry pool since May with CRS of slightly below 440, I recreated my profile last week and I got PT from Ontario. However, a friend advised that I could use my NYSC experience which I did and my score jumped to over 460 which gave me a better chance of an ITA without provincial nomination. However, I have this issue with using my NYSC experience as my PPA organisation is not willing to provide a reference letter for me and the supervisor I worked with during NYSC has moved to another organisation. Fortunately, I have photocopies of my acceptance letter stating that the organisation has accepted my to serve with them,my monthly clearance letters and my final clearance letter. Is it okay to include these letters together with the reference letter that will be provided by my former supervisor? Kindly advice on other things to include in order to justify my NYSC experience.

Secondly, regarding proof of funds, I have a cooperative account with my present employer where a certain amount of money is deducted from my salary for saving every month. The money can be withdrawn whenever I wish. However, I am not sure if the cooperative can provide my account details in the format required by CIC and also if CIC will accept such statement since it is not from a Financial institution. I am thinking of moving the funds to my bank account and providing a letter of explanation to CIC on the sudden rise in the funds in my account. I wish to know if anyone has tried this and if this is a wise decision.

I'll rather you dont give any notion that you are using NYSC as part of your work experience. Just get a letter from the supervisor stating the start and end date, your job title and job details stating its a full time employment, the no of hours worked per week(must not be less than 30hours per week) and annual salary for the period. The supervisor can sign and put his contact details underneath and can also make them know that he no longer works in that place and the office wasn't ready to give you a letter.

On your second issue, you are good to go with your arrangement. You can solidify it with by providing documents for the cooperative contribution

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
Tosky234:
Hi everyone,

I currently reside in England and I put in my application 3 months ago with a 385 points. I was on working visa when i applied but on a student visa now. So am no longer working full time but part time with the same organisation. Am a little bit confused on how to proceed. Help please. Kind regards

If your confusion is about the letter of reference you will get from your employer, i think you should be ok as long as they will not state that you work less than 30hours a week and they should state when it was full time and when it was part-time(i suppose oyinbos wont lie to help you in saying your part-time is full time cheesy)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Rebe: 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
JesusDWay:

I'll rather you dont give any notion that you are using NYSC as part of your work experience. Just get a letter from the supervisor stating the start and end date, your job title and job details stating its a full time employment, the no of hours worked per week(must not be less than 30hours per week) and annual salary for the period. The supervisor can sign and put his contact details underneath and can also make them know that he no longer works in that place and the office wasn't ready to give you a letter.

On your second issue, you are good to go with your arrangement. You can solidify it with by providing documents for the cooperative contribution

Thanks a lot @JesusDWay. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Tosky234: 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
JesusDWay:

If your confusion is about the letter of reference you will get from your employer, i think you should be ok as long as they will not state that you work less than 30hours a week and they should state when it was full time and when it was part-time(i suppose oyinbos wont lie to help you in saying your part-time is full time cheesy)

Thanks a lot. Just wanted to be sure that it doesn't affect my application since am on student visa now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
stunning4real:
pls house how do i go about it (WES), the name on my certificate is different from the name i want to apply with due to change in marital status.

Thy are likely to put the 2 surnames on your evaluation, i've seen two samples of such
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tola73(m): 4:25pm On Nov 25, 2015
stunning4real:
Just include your marriage certificate. WES will include both name on the evaluation. That is exactly what they did for my wife evaluation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by stunning4real: 4:28pm On Nov 25, 2015
tola73:
Just include your marriage certificate. WES will include both name on the evaluation. That is exactly what they did for my wife evaluation
OK. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
Rebe:
Dear everyone,

Why take an unnecessary risk when you have a sure way in Ontario invitation. The company you served with is NOT willing to write a legitimate reference letter for you and you want to rely on a letter from a former supervisor who has left the company. I would not do that. Furthermore, reference letters are expected to be written on companies' letter head,so, how does the former supervisor gain access to his former employer's letter-head; and even if he did, he would be committing a fraud.

My personal opinion, shell out the $1500 for Ontario nomination and avoid the risks of being slammed with a ban for misrepresentation.

On the POF, I would go with option 2; however, I would also support my LOE with a financial statement from my cooperative, which further substantiate where my funds is coming from.

Wishing you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 5:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
ramsol00:
Hello house,

Please I have been having difficulties as regards best matching NOC no for my job duties. I have two different job duties (having change my company and job roles) of which I havent found any NOC close to the two of them. I would be glad if anyone in this house can guide me on better NOC for the job below:

1. Risk Analyst (specifically Operational Risk Management)

2. Treasury Operations Officer (roles here are Treasury Operations in banks)

I know of 4162 that has Risk Management Anaylst, but the problem is that no duties relating to Risk Management Analyst was stated there, my question is if I cant find any other match elsewhere, can I go with that 4162 since it has Risk Management Analyst eventhough the duties were not stated there.

Unfortunately, it's something you have to decide on your own sir. One important thing though, the job description on your reference letter from your employer MUST CLOSELY match the job description listed under your chosen NOC.

If i were you, I would compile a list of all risk related NOC with their corresponding job descriptions; and would compare my job descriptions with each of the NOCs. The NOC with the closest match would naturally be your preferred choice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 5:22pm On Nov 25, 2015
prudentwords:
good day people,

please must work experience be obtained after the date accessed qualification was obtained?

i have been working since 2000 but i rounded up my masters in 2013 .
i am trying to get the institution to award my degree. all results are out.

if i can get this i will like to use the masers degree to get more points.

my question is this....

can i use the qualification once its out and claim points for work experience with work done before date on the cert?
or must the working experience be obtained after the the date qualification was obtained

please must work experience be obtained after the date accessed qualification was obtained? No, it doesn't have to be. In fact, most applicant typical just assessed their highest qualification. However, there is a little caveat. Every NOC has a qualifying degree (although most require college degree), as such, you may want to find out the minimum education requirement for your NOC to be certain.

can i use the qualification once its out and claim points for work experience with work done before date on the cert?
or must the working experience be obtained after the the date qualification was obtained.

Yes, you can claim point for the highest degree. On how much point you can claim for work experience from 2000 till date; as someone rightly stated, you can only claim point for experience obtained over the last 10 years. So for you, you can point for work experience garnered since 2006, as long as you have obtained the minimum education requirement for your NOC as at 2006.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dan147: 8:50am On Nov 26, 2015
please i will like to relocate to canada with my family, how long does this process take and can a kind person put me through this process. i don 't mind exchanging bbm pins. thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 9:45am On Nov 26, 2015
Sisimee:
Hello Irondome. You need this training to be PREPARED FOR LIFE IN CANADA. . Note that this training is organised by CIC/IOM. Ask around to get more info. As for me I attended in November and it was very educative.

Sisi Mee

Thanks Sis. I thought the training was visa focused.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 10:01am On Nov 26, 2015
dan147:
please i will like to relocate to canada with my family, how long does this process take and can a kind person put me through this process. i don 't mind exchanging bbm pins. thanks

I would suggest you dedicate a whole day to read through this thread, starting with Zand's first post. You can also browse through the link provided below (a similar migration forum)

On the duration, it takes approximately 6 months after your final e-app submission and payment, which is what you do after you must have been invited to submit your application.

However, before then, the under listed steps are neccessary.

1) Determine your eligibility by doing this CIC quiz http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

2) Get your language test(s) done. You must get at least CLB 7 in each of the four sections for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC) streams. But getting CLB 10 gives you maximum points for language.

How does CLB match back to the language tests? That info is here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

3) Get your qualifications assessed by doing an Education Credential Assessment. Details here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

4) Determine the code that best applies to you on the National Occupation Classification (NOC) list http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

The occupation must be NOC 0, A, or B for FSW or CEC.

5) When you have those in hand you create your express entry profile. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp and register for the Job Bank http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

You'll be given points based on your age, education, number of years work experience, and language skills. The points system is detailed here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

You'll be in a pool with thousands of other applicants http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/pool.asp

Of course, the more points you have the better. The max is 1200, with 600 of those points coming from your ability to snag a PNP or a job offer with a very hard to get Labour Market Impact Assessment http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

For CEC applicants, the max is 600 but someone who has no work experience in Canada who is only eligible for FSW can only get up to 520 points.

6) Finally, wait for your invitation to apply (ITA). But in the interim you will need to do the following:

a) Have your application fee (C$550 each for principal applicant and spouse) and right of permanent resident fee (C$490 each for principal applicant and spouse) ready
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

b) Identify how you will provide proof of funds http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

c) check out what is required for the police certificates http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

d) find out how long it takes to get a date for the medical exam. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

e) contact previous and current employers about them providing job letters. You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week. Work experience while you were a full-time student does not count.

f) research cities in the province(s) where you want to live.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by learned0007: 5:38pm On Nov 26, 2015
irondome:

5) When you have those in hand you create your express entry profile. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp and register for the Job Bank http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng
You'll be given points based on your age, education, number of years work experience, and language skills. The points system is detailed here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

@Irondome,

Based on the bolded above as quoted from your earlier post, at what point do you present the letter of reference from your employer to back up your work experience claim?

Does it mean someone can't claim points for work experience without this reference letter?

Kindly throw more light.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 7:17pm On Nov 26, 2015
learned0007:

@Irondome,

Based on the bolded above as quoted from your earlier post, at what point do you present the letter of reference from your employer to back up your work experience claim?

Does it mean someone can't claim points for work experience without this reference letter?

Kindly throw more light.

Does it mean someone can't claim points for work experience without this reference letter? Yes sir. Naturally, you don't claim points for the experience you cannot prove with a reference letter in the format requested by CIC/IRCC. However, there are work-around this, which comes with a level of risk. You can get a supervisor's reference, backed up by a letter or an email from the HR stating that " they are NOT favorably disposed to providing you with a reference letter". These documents should also be supported with pay stubs, letter of employments, promotion letters, salary account statement detailing salary payments, etc.

You require the reference letters, and ALL other documents at the point of application submission (after ITA).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ANIMATION: 8:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
Good day all,

Are there any Accra VO NOC 2281 FSW 2014 applicants in the house?
Please share your timeline. Am just curious to know how long it takes before receiving RPRF/PPR letters after medicals have been received.

See my timeline below..................
Please share your timeline

Kind regards

1. Application received-October 20, 2014.
2. Processing started- January 13, 2015.
3. Application moved to Accra VO-January 20, 2015
4. Medical request- August 19, 2015
5. Medicals done-September 17, 2015
6. Medical results received. October 02, 2015
7. RPRF letter---------waiting waiting waiting
8. PPR letter----------waiting waiting waiting
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GboyegaD(m): 9:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
@Irondome,
Is it compulsory for those with the Ontario PT to live in Ontario? I know someone who got an Ontario PT however, he is studying in Alberta and he isn't graduating earlier than 2017. Should he go ahead and apply or he should neglect it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 10:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
GboyegaD:
@Irondome,
Is it compulsory for those with the Ontario PT to live in Ontario? I know someone who got an Ontario PT however, he is studying in Alberta and he isn't graduating earlier than 2017. Should he go ahead and apply or he should neglect it?

Hello sir, I would be glad if you addressed the pos t to the house so that others with useful tips can weigh in.

On the inquiry, if I were him and I needed the PR urgently, I wouldn't discard the letter of interest. I would support my application with a compelling letter of intent to reside in Ontario. I would come up with a comprehensive listing of my ties to ontario, etc.

It should come down to how convincing you are and guess what,--- i only have $1500 to lose if things went south.

Others may have a thing or two to chip in.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gorm: 6:08am On Nov 27, 2015
Weldone to everyone on this thread. Please when replying correspondence requesting for documents for the SINP program, how does one send the document ? Is it through email or via the online account where the original application was submitted.

Cc: zandora, JesusDway, irondome

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.