Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2609231 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 12:42pm On Nov 16, 2015
Good day all,
Over the weekend, i realised i qualify for the Manitoba PNP (score 76/100 in the point grid, while 60 is enough to apply), so i contacted my friend in winnepeg and he is willing to support my application all the way.
My questions are; i hope its not too late to apply now? how long does it take?

Secondly, i have my assessed Bsc degree by ICAS with me; however, i intend assessing my ACCA with WES, if this is successful, i intend to upload on my EE profile as 2 or more post sec degree.
My question are: should i go ahead with this assessment if it will qualify as 2 or more post sec degree? can i assess credentials with two different bodies, if yes, will there be a field to upload both reference nos on EE profile?

NOTE: it has been established that WES will assess it as = 3yrs canadian study, so no prob with that.

Zandora, Jesusdway and issyebo kindly answer in details. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 1:05pm On Nov 16, 2015
Garykasparov:
Good day all,
Over the weekend, i realised i qualify for the Manitoba PNP (score 76/100 in the point grid, while 60 is enough to apply), so i contacted my friend in winnepeg and he is willing to support my application all the way.
My questions are; i hope its not too late to apply now? how long does it take?

Secondly, i have my assessed Bsc degree by ICAS with me; however, i intend assessing my ACCA with WES, if this is successful, i intend to upload on my EE profile as 2 or more post sec degree.
My question are: should i go ahead with this assessment if it will qualify as 2 or more post sec degree? can i assess credentials with two different bodies, if yes, will there be a field to upload both reference nos on EE profile?

NOTE: it has been established that WES will assess it as = 3yrs canadian study, so no prob with that.

Zandora, Jesusdway and issyebo kindly answer in details. Thank you

Don't know if it's too late to apply for Manitoba PNP, you should check their website.

You can used 2 assessment bodies as long as they are approved by CIC therefore you can use both ICAS & WES. Yes, you will qualify for 2 or more degrees or certificate if you assess your ACCA.

Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cinematainer(m): 1:37pm On Nov 16, 2015
Hi everyone, kindly help out with this. Was trying to register for IELTS General training but I got confused when I saw NGN 52000 as the exam fee as against NGN 40000 that I have heard from different people.

Here is the site https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CandidateDetails.aspx

Please am I on the right track?

Kindly help with candid info to aid registration for the exam.

Trhanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ramsol00: 2:42pm On Nov 16, 2015
Hello House,

Please do we have anyone who is into Risk Management (Operational Risk, Credit Risk or Fraud Management) here, I'm trying to get the best codes for this job title pls. Your prompt response will be highly welcome.

God bless you all.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 16, 2015
cinematainer:
Hi everyone, kindly help out with this. Was trying to register for IELTS General training but I got confused when I saw NGN 52000 as the exam fee as against NGN 40000 that I have heard from different people.

Trhanks in anticipation.

Saw this too. Quite confused about it. Perhaps they are increasing their fees effective January 2016. Maybe cos of the exchange rate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issydebo: 3:54pm On Nov 16, 2015
Noc 0122 - banking, credit and other investment managers

ramsol00:
Hello House,

Please do we have anyone who is into Risk Management (Operational Risk, Credit Risk or Fraud Management) here, I'm trying to get the best codes for this job title pls. Your prompt response will be highly welcome.

God bless you all.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimali: 5:00pm On Nov 16, 2015
They are increasing their fee effective January 2016. For the December exam, you still pay N40,000.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2015
I pray o!I pray embarassed
irondome:

Lols, there is a rumor going around that CIC may be prioritizing 2014 FSW applicants, as well as the 25,000 Syria refugees. If that's true, you should hear something good from Ghana very soon.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 16, 2015
cinematainer:

Trhanks in anticipation.

You are on the right track..I was at British council Lagos today for my results, and the receptionist said that the exam fees would Increase to 52000 by January.
The last date for exams in lagos would be 5th of December,and that's the last exam that would be 40000.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by toksys: 2:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
i have been trying to send my wife transcript from Olabisi Onabanjo University formerly Ogun state University its been tedious after paying 6,000 they said i will still pay for DHL.dont know the procedure in that school but can any one with the same experience enlighten me please

toksys
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by edababa007(m): 2:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
toksys:
i have been trying to send my wife transcript from Olabisi Onabanjo University formerly Ogun state University its been tedious after paying 6,000 they said i will still pay for DHL.dont know the procedure in that school but can any one with the same experience enlighten me please

toksys

U re not alone... I applied for myself and my wife since July.. it's been from 1 story to anoda.. But surprisingly, WES contacted OSU directly without receiving our transcripts. I now have my WES report and my wife is still expecting her report because she included her ICAN ATS certs. Ur wife might be lucky too. Pay her WES fee and send her Degree cert to WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cutesammie(m): 2:47am On Nov 18, 2015
The hurdle of increasing CRS score has not been easy. I have some couple of Cisco certifications. Is it possible to use CCNA or CCNP as a diploma? Even if I have CLB band 9 in my IELTS, my CRS will still be below 450 undecided
Whatsup gurus?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by keni: 9:46am On Nov 18, 2015
cutesammie:
The hurdle of increasing CRS score has not been easy. I have some couple of Cisco certifications. Is it possible to use CCNA or CCNP as a diploma? Even if I have CLB band 9 in my IELTS, my CRS will still be below 450 undecided
Whatsup gurus?

Me too even CLB band 9 and an MBA my evaluation is still below 450
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ramsol00: 9:58am On Nov 18, 2015
Good day house,

Pls I will like to know if adding a professional cert to my qualification will earn additional point or advantage. The cert in question is ICAN ATS. please I need urgent response.

God bless you all for usual support.

cc: edababa007
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 10:10am On Nov 18, 2015
Please i am a mechanical engineer intendong to apply for the federal skilled worker scheme for 2015. I and my wife have written the ielts and are stilll waiting for our reault. My question now is do i have to register witj a regulatory body in canada beforei apply foe the pool?
zandora:
Hello all,

I've created this thread for Canadian Express Entry and outstanding FSW 2014 applicants since the previous thread became too long and has now been closed. I've also pasted a PDF link below which details the step by step instructions to apply for the Federal Skilled Workers Program via Express Entry.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4gWGgP8Vy5lSjFoaC01ZUtOaTg/view

In order to apply for Express Entry via FSW you need to first have a minimum of 1 year full time (30 hrs a week) or 2 years part time (15 hrs a week) skilled work experience which falls under NOC code A,B or O. Check for your NOC code below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

Next take your IELTS General test.

Then evaluate your degree or credentials via WES Canada (the best option). See link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

After doing the above, to find out if you've qualified you need to score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 in the FSW grid. Calculate your score below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Now that you've qualified, you can go ahead and complete your Express Entry profile via the link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

Other things you must have:

Reference letters to verify the work experience you're claiming points for in the specified format below:

Written on company letterhead.

Signed by the responsible officers/supervisor.

Have the printed name and job title of the responsible officer/supervisor beneath the signature.

Show the company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses

Stamped with the company’s official seal (if applicable)

The letter must include 5 things:

Your job title.

The dates of your employment (ideal format: DD/MM/YYYYY).

Your salary per year (or month).

Your average hours per week.

A detailed list of your employment duties.

Next you need to provide police certificates from all the countries you've resided in for 6 months and above since you were 18 years. See link on how to obtain PC from various countries below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/index.asp

Then you need to provide proof of funds for you and/or your family:

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,931
2 $14,853
3 $18,260
4 $22,170
5 $25,145
6 $28,359
7 or more $31,574

Note: Birth certificates are no longer required for applicants but are only now required for your child/children.

Wishing you the best of luck smiley!

Previous thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 10:19am On Nov 18, 2015
Please i am a mechanical engineer intending to apply for the federal skilled worker scheme for 2015. I and my wife have written the ielts and are stilll waiting for our result. I have for my certificate evaluation with wes and have been given a reference number. My question now is do i have to register with a regulatory body in canada as my profession is regulated before i apply for the EE? Also, my wealth of experience is in automotive repairs, i wish to know what province will be favorable to me. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:43am On Nov 18, 2015
Fswp o! cry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:35am On Nov 18, 2015
Doggys:
Please i am a mechanical engineer intending to apply for the federal skilled worker scheme for 2015. I and my wife have written the ielts and are stilll waiting for our result. I have for my certificate evaluation with wes and have been given a reference number. My question now is do i have to register with a regulatory body in canada as my profession is regulated before i apply for the EE? Also, my wealth of experience is in automotive repairs, i wish to know what province will be favorable to me. Thanks.

Automotive repairs?? I will like to be your friend o, cuz you will be one of the highest earners when you get there.

Anyway, you dont need to register with any regulatory body till you get there except, if you are going as a trades person and not a graduate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:40am On Nov 18, 2015
For all those asking if they can use professional certifications to earn more points, kindly note that it will not be possible. What can earn you marks under education is an academic credential that is a certificate, diploma or degree and not professional certifications. It's only ACCA that gets to earn points so far, as it is evaluated as the equivalent of a Bsc. Meanwhile, y'all can read below the recent news release on the Express Entry which i believe is a good one:

Important Updates on the Express Entry Selection System for Canadian Immigration
NOVEMBER, 2015

The month of November has so far seen some significant developments with respect to the Express Entry selection system for Canadian immigration, which is approaching one year since its initial launch.

In addition to a new draw having been made in which the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) point requirement decreased, there were important announcements and developments from the government of Canada.

CIC spokesperson says CRS points requirement likely to go down over time

At the 23rd Annual Immigration Law Summit held earlier this month in Toronto, Ontario, a spokesperson for Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) made some notable comments about the past, present, and future of draws made from the Express Entry pool. The main takeaway, however, is that the CRS point requirement for Express Entry draws is likely to go down.

Foremost among the forecasts made by CIC is that the total intake of economic immigrants to Canada through Express Entry is set to increase once the backlog of applications from 2014 has been cleared. This was first disclosed in a mid-year CIC report that was released in August, and was reiterated this month at the Immigration Law Summit.

In addition, the spokesperson said that the first few Express Entry draws had a relatively high CRS point requirement because of pent-up demand from candidates who already had job offers supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). These candidates benefited from a 600-point bonus under the CRS and received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in one of the earlier draws. This information is backed by the mid-year CIC report, which disclosed that most early recipients of an ITA were already working in Canada on LMIA-supported work permits.

Once the bulk of those candidates had received ITAs, the minimum CRS point requirement in order to receive an ITA dipped sharply to 453 by the end of March, and 450 by the 17th and 18th draws, which were held on September 18and October 2, respectively. With the exception of one draw in May, each draw since February has seen a portion of candidates without a job offer or provincial nomination certificate receive ITAs.

More recently, however, the CRS points requirement has increased. The CIC spokesperson stated that this is largely due to the fact that many provinces did not open their Express Entry Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) streams, through which successful candidates may obtain an additional 600 CRS points, until months after the system was launched. As a result, there has been a rush of PNP certificates being issued to proactive candidates in the Express Entry pool. This has had the effect of increasing the number of candidates who have received an additional 600 CRS points.

With both an LMIA rush and a PNP rush out of the way — together with the 2014 backlog being cleared and CIC having previously stated that “Express Entry will become the main source of applications to meet annual immigration levels targets” — CIC has said that it expects the CRS requirement for Express Entry draws to drop over time.

- See more at: http://www.cicnews.com/2015/11/important-updates-express-entry-selection-system-canadian-immigration-116607.html#sthash.UABOYBiz.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by edababa007(m): 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
ramsol00:
Good day house,

Pls I will like to know if adding a professional cert to my qualification will earn additional point or advantage. The cert in question is ICAN ATS. please I need urgent response.

God bless you all for usual support.

Hello, i think you should get more points with your ICAN ATS. WES is still expecting a response from ICAN for my wife's ATS cert verification. Once this is done, i'll be able to advise further.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cutesammie(m): 9:49pm On Nov 18, 2015
Thanks for the news JesusDWay. Its a really good news. The score better drops on time before ageing sucks up the already low score dry tongue tongue Even if the CRS score is gonna drop, it might not go below 400. My score was around 400 until i added my spouse after I got married and I end up losing 30 points. I also lost another 5 points on my last birthday. I know all cic wants is for my wife to also do language test and credential assessement in order to regain the 30 marks I lost. We cant just be gambling with our hard earned money. They need to be reasonable and implement the news on time before our IELTS validity start expiring.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by petereshiett2k1: 10:27pm On Nov 18, 2015
WoodcrestMayor:
December 2014 fswp aplicants...wetin dey nau?
Seems AVO has slowed down....any updates?

ANY UPDATES ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:31pm On Nov 18, 2015
edababa007:

Hello, i think you should get more points with your ICAN ATS. WES is still expecting a response from ICAN for my wife's ATS cert verification. Once this is done, i'll be able to advise further.

ICAN is assessed as a 2year professional study, what CIC award marks for is an academic certificate, diploma or degree so, his ATS isn't going to count except towards getting a CPA in Canada as I learnt ICAN holders are now exempted from doing the basics
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:30am On Nov 19, 2015
Nothing o!
The wait is killing
petereshiett2k1:

ANY UPDATES ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ramsol00: 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
edababa007:

Thanks a lot sir. Pls dont forget to update me as soon as you have the report.

God bless.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hello. I'm an ACCA member and I have evaluate d my Master degree but I didn't know my ACCA Cert could give me additional point . do you think I should evaluate my ACCA as well?and if yes will I pay WES for the additional service. Thank you
zandora:

Don't know if it's too late to apply for Manitoba PNP, you should check their website.

You can used 2 assessment bodies as long as they are approved by CIC therefore you can use both ICAS & WES. Yes, you will qualify for 2 or more degrees or certificate if you assess your ACCA.

Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 10:40pm On Nov 19, 2015
sexysisi:
Hello. I'm an ACCA member and I have evaluate d my Master degree but I didn't know my ACCA Cert could give me additional point . do you think I should evaluate my ACCA as well?and if yes will I pay WES for the additional service. Thank you

There's no need for you to assess your ACCA because your Master's degree has already given you the higher point. The ranking from highest to lowest is PHD then Master's then 2 or more degrees (which is your ACCA combined with another degree).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
Thank you. Kindly tell me the page where you shared your story on how you got your point in the poolwithout provincial nomination. Tnx
zandora:

There's no need for you to assess your ACCA because your Master's degree has already given you the higher point. The ranking from highest to lowest is PHD then Master's then 2 or more degrees (which is your ACCA combined with another degree).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 6:37am On Nov 20, 2015
Okay. Thank you. Also,i wanted to know cos i was interacting with an agent and he said my wife needed to change her international passport to bear my name and we have our marriage certificate and affidavit. And does she need to do an education evaluation when she's not the principal applicant? Thanks and hope to hear from you. For my own wes evaluation i asked gave my university a copy of my certificate to add to the transcript they sent,don't know if i still need to send a copy directly to wes again?
JesusDWay:

Automotive repairs?? I will like to be your friend o, cuz you will be one of the highest earners when you get there.

Anyway, you dont need to register with any regulatory body till you get there except, if you are going as a trades person and not a graduate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tola73(m): 9:33am On Nov 20, 2015
Doggys:
Okay. Thank you. Also,i wanted to know cos i was interacting with an agent and he said my wife needed to change her international passport to bear my name and we have our marriage certificate and affidavit. And does she need to do an education evaluation when she's not the principal applicant? Thanks and hope to hear from you. For my own wes evaluation i asked gave my university a copy of my certificate to add to the transcript they sent,don't know if i still need to send a copy directly to wes again?
Changing of International passport is not compulsory since you already have your marriage certificate. It is African mentality that your wife must use your name. CIC got no problem with using her former name. Evaluating your wife certificate will obviously give you some points. If your school already included a copy your certificate along with the transcript no need to send another copy

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 20, 2015
sexysisi:
Thank you. Kindly tell me the page where you shared your story on how you got your point in the poolwithout provincial nomination. Tnx
Click on zandora and go thru her posts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: donbuscka and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.