Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2608433 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 10:49am On Feb 20, 2017
@40manlappy did you go to OOU, if yes was it fedex you use to send your documents for ECA . i cant seem to track my parcel. gosh this people are stressing me. their customer service number is not going through. who else on this thread used Fedex or sent their documents from OOU?.
@fusion23 pls help

dupyshoo:
I can't say categorically but I know they invite most people with above 400 points as soon as you enter the pool. So, a lot of people had to recreate their profile in order to get PT. After inviting people for few months, they stopped inviting when they reached their target for the year. So, the earlier you go for it the better.

Please bear in mind you have to choose Ontario as your province of destination when creating your profile, else you will not get the invite.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 0b10010011: 10:56am On Feb 20, 2017
dupyshoo:
You are losing about 56 points cos of low IELTS score. Try to get 8.5, 8, 7.5 and 7.5 in LRSW respectively and you can get up to 415. You are also losing 20 points due to your age (33 year old, I assume). If your spouse is younger, has a better IELTS score and has up to 3 year work experience, she/he might be better as PA.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 10:58am On Feb 20, 2017
40manlappy:

Did you use it for WES? I just used hellofax to send an application to IQAS.

Has anyone used hellofax to contact IQAS before and how did it go?

Used it for WES its the fatest way to get their attention.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shamecurls(m): 10:59am On Feb 20, 2017
dupyshoo:
You are losing about 56 points cos of low IELTS score. Try to get 8.5, 8, 7.5 and 7.5 in LRSW respectively and you can get up to 415. You are also losing 20 points due to your age (33 year old, I assume). If your spouse is younger, has a better IELTS score and has up to 3 year work experience, she/he might be better as PA.

Thanks alot!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mrsJustveryOkay: 11:01am On Feb 20, 2017
Good day house,
Please help me, I am back again o. I got a suggestion by @Gymme to register with JOB BANK. I attempted registration but I couldn't complete it because it requires Express Entry profile number which I do not have as I have not submitted my new entry ( after 3 failed attempt).
I am really confused, I need someone to help my pls.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by HTC2017: 11:07am On Feb 20, 2017
Can anybody use IQAS? The people I've seen use it here are majorly lawyers.
iphie25:

Thanks dear. What is delaying the assessment? IQAS is really faster and cheaper.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 11:11am On Feb 20, 2017
yes anyone can use it.its faster and cheaper

HTC2017:
Can anybody use IQAS? The people I've seen use it here are majorly lawyers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 11:21am On Feb 20, 2017
have you attempted to use another device to restart your registration? ie use a different laptop/phone. when feeling each portion , check for completeness . check your age/job experience make sure there is no blanks also check education . the total no of years of education is from nursery to university. i dont really know am just going on limb here. and tomorrow is draw day
embarassed
mrsJustveryOkay:
Good day house,
Please help me, I am back again o. I got a suggestion by @Gymme to register with JOB BANK. I attempted registration but I couldn't complete it because it requires Express Entry profile number which I do not have as I have not submitted my new entry ( after 3 failed attempt).
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:26am On Feb 20, 2017
Why were you told to register with Job bank without an EE profile? You need to have created your profile first.

Do you meet all the requirements? Most people get ineligible profile due to the amount entered as POF, no of hours per week (job) and not up to 1 year work experience.

Edited...

I just checked your previous posts now. Try to remove the 6 month current work experience and see if that's the issue.

mrsJustveryOkay:
Good day house,
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 11:29am On Feb 20, 2017
@dupyshoo, greetings: Thank you very much.

@optionese: I attended OOU but this current ECA request is for my MBA which I did at Lautech.

If I understand you well, you collected your transcript in person and sent it through FedEx?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 11:36am On Feb 20, 2017
no i didnt collect it oo,it was sent by the school. i paid someone an official to sort it out. she gave me a tracking on friday that it has been sent and am trying to track it on fedex website and i cant find it .

40manlappy:
@dupyshoo, greetings: Thank you very much.

@optionese: I attended OOU but this current ECA request is for my MBA which I did at Lautech.

If I understand you well, you collected your transcript in person and sent it through FedEx?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by wunmimi: 11:37am On Feb 20, 2017
Sis, you can't register with the job bank without you been first accepted into the express entry pool.

mrsJustveryOkay:
Good day house,
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mrsJustveryOkay: 12:38pm On Feb 20, 2017
Yes, I have checked for completeness and all the others. I tried using another laptop o, but I couldnt log in (I dont know maybve its a security measure) because I was even blocked for 24hrs after several attempt (witchcraft tinz sad sad sad )
There are no blanks o.

optionese:
have you attempted to use another device to restart your registration? ie use a different laptop/phone. when feeling each portion , check for completeness . check your age/job experience make sure there is no blanks also check education . the total no of years of education is from nursery to university. i dont really know am just going on limb here. and tomorrow is draw day
embarassed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mrsJustveryOkay: 12:42pm On Feb 20, 2017
@dupyshoo thanks. I'm sure they were trying to help figure out reasons why my profile would be ineligible.
I have checked, and I can say that I meet all requirement.
BUt you raised a valid point here, maybe amount enetered as POF ( i have corrected that in the new entry). No of hours per week per job was put at 40 hours/week - Now my question is " do i mulitply this per week by no of years? "

I also mentioned earlier that I am not up to 1 year on current job, so do I remove it or what
Thank you.

dupyshoo:
Why were you told to register with Job bank without an EE profile? You need to have created your profile first.

Do you meet all the requirements? Most people get ineligible profile due to the amount entered as POF, no of hours per week (job) and not up to 1 year work experience.

Edited...

I just checked your previous posts now. Try to remove the 6 month current work experience and see if that's the issue.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mrsJustveryOkay: 12:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
Yes dear, I now understand that. But my issue is the acceptance into EE. I need to identify where the error is.

wunmimi:
Sis, you can't register with the job bank without you been first accepted into the express entry pool.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 12:52pm On Feb 20, 2017
Is the current job your primary NOC? If yes, then it might be the reason. I think you should take it out for now.

Culled this from my past posts. It helped some people then, it might help you to detect the issue too.

In creating your EE profile, kindly pay close attention to the following:
1. Settlement Province -- any one, other than Quebec
2. Work history and Primary NOC -- ensure that the NOC you mentioned as your primary NOC is also part of your work history section. Ensure you show that you have one or more year experience under this primary NOC. Ensure that the hours per week worked is 30 or more
3. Proof of funds: ensure that you entered 20000 and not 2000
4. IELTS -- ensure you are entering the correct scores and the correct date of your exam for both you and your spouse
5. ECA -- ensure that you entered yes that it was done and that you entered the Certificate number

Good luck!!!!! I hope you will find the error very soon.

mrsJustveryOkay:
@dupyshoo thanks. I'm sure they were trying to help figure out reasons why my profile would be ineligible.
I have checked, and I can say that I meet all requirement.
BUt you raised a valid point here, maybe amount enetered as POF ( i have corrected that in the new entry). No of hours per week per job was put at 40 hours/week - Now my question is " do i mulitply this per week by no of years? "

I also mentioned earlier that I am not up to 1 year on current job, so do I remove it or what
Thank you.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 12:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
YerYer:

You seem very knowledgeable about this whole thing, please your assistance or that of anyone else would be very much appreciated. My wife just came into the states last month (rushed it before Trump starts any foolishness), she graduated from the University already and was 1 year into her masters program. She wants to change her career feild as she studied a political science while in school but would like to change to a science related field. We have agreed that she should start university again and not bother transferring any credits from her Nigerian university, however, I don't want her to take the GED exam (called TASC in New york) which is basically the equivalent of a secondary school diploma. Does having a senior WAEC report automacally exempt her from taking the GED/TASC exam?
Only the university/college she hopes to enroll can answer this. However, i will advice she make inquiry from some schools of her choice. My guess, though , is that WAEC/NECO and SAT is what may be required but, high school transcript and TOEFL may be optional
According to her, she failed maths in the senior WAEC and had to take NECO instead, will it be a problem? I checked WES' website and I see they are requesting WAEC results and there's no mention of NECO anywhere.
Again, i can not say if this will pose a problem. I doubt if you would need WES in this process. However, WES assesses NECO, it's on their site if you use the equivalence tool on their website. The process includes buying NECO recharge card blah blah..
Secondly, can anyone fill out the form request at YABA on someone else's behalf or must it be the owner of the actual result which would be my wife in this case? And what is a more realistic time frame for everything to be completed if there are no delays?
I single-handedly did that of my wife. Time frame is a month, Ceteris paribus
Thanks

Answers are within
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by HTC2017: 12:55pm On Feb 20, 2017
Thanks for the feedback.

optionese:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by toyinakande(f): 1:15pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hi guys,

Please on POF, who has used GTB or Diamond bank? Were you able to get reference letter on a savings account or must it be current account. Is account statement alone okay or the reference letter is a must? Kindly respond please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mrsJustveryOkay: 1:22pm On Feb 20, 2017
Okay, Thanks God bless.

dupyshoo:
Is the current job your primary NOC? If yes, then it might be the reason. I think you should take it out for now.

Culled this from my past posts. It helped some people then, it might help you to detect the issue too.

In creating your EE profile, kindly pay close attention to the following:
1. Settlement Province -- any one, other than Quebec
2. Work history and Primary NOC -- ensure that the NOC you mentioned as your primary NOC is also part of your work history section. Ensure you show that you have one or more year experience under this primary NOC. Ensure that the hours per week worked is 30 or more
3. Proof of funds: ensure that you entered 20000 and not 2000
4. IELTS -- ensure you are entering the correct scores and the correct date of your exam for both you and your spouse
5. ECA -- ensure that you entered yes that it was done and that you entered the Certificate number

Good luck!!!!! I hope you will find the error very soon.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ehrnie:

The materials I used were all electronic (i.e. Online). Two websites I suggest are (1) ielts buddy (2) Liz IELTS. Just google them.
All the best!

thanks muchies
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 20, 2017
40manlappy:

You can visit the following threads for guidance.

Meanwhile, please use Google to your advantage. I am talking from experience.

https://www.nairaland.com/3069963/how-achieve-ielts-general-training#52546839

https://www.nairaland.com/2426588/preparing-ielts-get-here/53#2426588.1726

ok thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 2:36pm On Feb 20, 2017
Good afternoon All, I neeed clarity on a few questions (this is onbehalf of a friend);

She wants to create a new EE profile in preparation for the OINP. Her old profile (which expires March 3rd) was created via an agent but she doesn't want to use their services anymore. So the question is: If she creates a new EE profile now (by herself) will she be required to create a new job bank profile as well? Can she have two job bank profiles?

Kindly advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by onegoodturnday: 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2017
Good afternoon house,

I was recently denied a study visa and I am thinking of reapplying because the reason given for the rejection is not a big deal and I think I can tackle it if I re-apply.

However, Please see and analyse my profile below: for EE

- I have HND lower credit +NIM, applied for PGC

- Wife has BSC (2.2) + IT Certification

- No kids yet

- We are yet to write the IELTS

- Wife occupation is NOC band A

- My occupation is NOC band B

- Wife’s age 30

- My age 32

- My work experience- 8 yrs

- Wife’s work experience – 4 years in total

My question is:

- For Express Entry, Who should be the principal applicant? Me or wife(whose academic background can get us more points?)

- With a good score at IELTS say band 7 - 8, do we stand a chance of getting into the pool?

Thanks a million for your anticipated responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mrsJustveryOkay: 3:19pm On Feb 20, 2017
@dupyshoo
Thank you so much. Infact, I was able to submit after I followed your guide from your post.
God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hello everyone, can a reference letter containiing just 2 or 3 job duties/responsibilites be accepted by IRCC considering that those positions where internships?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 3:43pm On Feb 20, 2017
Amen. Glad to know that you have finally been able to create your profile. In order to help others that might be having the same issue, kindly let us know what was the issue.

mrsJustveryOkay:
@dupyshoo
Thank you so much. Infact, I was able to submit after I followed your guide from your post.
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 3:46pm On Feb 20, 2017
It depends on the number of duties listed under the NOC. Were just doing the 2 or 3 duties during the internship? If yes, try to break the duties down further. IRCC rejects people a lot cos of mismatched NOC, so please ensure you get it right.

GrandCommander:
Hello everyone, can a reference letter containiing just 2 or 3 job duties/responsibilites be accepted by IRCC considering that those positions where internships?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by HTC2017: 3:50pm On Feb 20, 2017
Just one more thing: could one fax the docs to IQAS after obtaining your reference number? Some people here have sent faxes to WES and confirmed the process to be fast.

optionese:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cala: 4:09pm On Feb 20, 2017
iphie25:

Hahahaha....so here's my timeline

ITA: 06/04/2016
Meds: 13/05/2016
AoR: 05/06/2016
ADR: 29/06/2016 and 23/01/2017
PPR: 15/02/2017

Hello Iphie25, please what additional document did they request from you on 23/01/2017?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mrsJustveryOkay: 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
Okay, It was my present job, I am not up to 1 year, so as you rightly advised, I removed it and I was able to submit. The pof I increased to 25000.
I'm so grateful.

dupyshoo:
Amen. Glad to know that you have finally been able to create your profile. In order to help others that might be having the same issue, kindly let us know what was the issue.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by HTC2017: 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2017
Good day,

Have you gotten any feedback on your faxed application as stated below?

40manlappy:

Did you use it for WES? I just used hellofax to send an application to IQAS.

Has anyone used hellofax to contact IQAS before and how did it go?

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.