Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599806 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:06am On Feb 23, 2017
congratulations. God continue allow the marks be low enough for all of us when our time comes

Garykasparov:
Thank you all for your congratulatory messages.
WE ARE TOGETHER!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 23, 2017
Thetherapist:

Good day 40man. As regards IQAS, I saw you paid 230 Canadian dollar but what they have on their site is 275. Whatz up with that.
For the proof of name document, does that mean I would have to attach my passport data page or what?
Thanks and hope to hearing back from you

Yes you have to include your passport data page,if you have already sent your documents without it they will send you an email acknowledging receipt of the other documents but they will ask for it.You can fax it to them
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:33am On Feb 23, 2017
@esosa4real @boldinc @iphie25
pls i have a question on the NOC
1. my current job has its main responsibilities on NOC 411, but the qualifications or employments requirements i dont have. can i put it like that? or do i have to pick the NOC that i have the job responsibilities or as to the qualifications too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:35am On Feb 23, 2017
its not 7 working days , theirwebsite says 10 working days
HTC2017:
Oh, nice! They say processing takes 7 working days after having received all documents--which you have now faxed. Lol
I don't know if you can create an EE profile using the reference number assigned to you since it mayn't change. Maybe pros in the house can advise. Cc: @vcole @dupsyhoo @boldinc @esosa4real @JesusDWay @wunmimi @jesusbaby01

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:43am On Feb 23, 2017
please is there anyone who can help me with contacts in IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY OR UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA as regards transcript. thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:02am On Feb 23, 2017
Kathyjex:

Hi please how does IQAS work? How much is it? Do they accept transcript from the individual and not directly from school? How does the fax system work? How long to get response? How do they send ECA CIC and individual?

Looking FWD to your response.

IQAS IS CAD 200 for the initial qualification + CAD 15 for every additional qualification+ CAD 15 for courier charges within Canada + CAD 75 for outside Canada.

The institution must send your transcript to IQAS directly. Just Google "hellofax"; it is very user-friendly. I am using IQAS for the first time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:04am On Feb 23, 2017
optionese:
God bless you @40manlappy fax message says sent and email confirmation too. i didnt have to split my mail i saw how to get extra pages . after a stressful day from my school, this was a good day. thank you

Pleased to know that the challenges that you earlier faced have been resolved.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:18am On Feb 23, 2017
HTC2017:
Oh, nice! They say processing takes 7 working days after having received all documents--which you have now faxed. Lol
I don't know if you can create an EE profile using the reference number assigned to you since it mayn't change. Maybe pros in the house can advise. Cc: @vcole @dupsyhoo @boldinc @esosa4real @JesusDWay @wunmimi @jesusbaby01

You need ECA report before you can create an EE profile.

As @optionese rightly mentioned, IQAS stated 10 working days on their website but they also included a caveat that it could take longer depending on the qualification.

I am hoping for a faster assessment though wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by HTC2017: 10:30am On Feb 23, 2017
You're not incorrect.

At times, they might deal within 10-day timeline and not expend the whole 10.

That being said, may the Force be with you. grin

40manlappy:

You need ECA report before you can create an EE profile.

As @optionese rightly mentioned, IQAS stated 10 working days on their website but they also included a caveat that it could take longer depending on the qualification.

I am hoping for a faster assessment though wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by joejoe3: 11:00am On Feb 23, 2017
Mbogi:

It does not matter which NOC code your job fall in so long it's A,0 or B

Thank U so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by wunmimi: 11:28am On Feb 23, 2017
Since its a gift, it doesn't need to be in the account for a long time before ITA, you only need it post ITA for document submission. Meanwhile it is advisable for the money to be in your account throughout the application process or simply put, till you receive your PPR because you could be ask to produce it again during application processing.
As regards gift deed from two people, I will advise you merge the fund and let only one person do deed gift for you, I'm not sure if I have come across anyone using more than one gift deed.
Kathyjex:

Please how long is a gift deed expected to stay in the account prior to application? Is one allowed to have more than one gift deed?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kathyjex: 12:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
optionese:
its about 230 CAD and the transcript should be sent from the school, but some schools hand over the transcript to the student so long as the seal is not tampered with then you are ok. the fax is like sending emails but this si to a phone number , its free, but with limited pages per fax . when they are through they would send u your document via mail. i suggest you got to their website www.iaqs.com and get better and accurate info of how it works.is

Oh great. Thanks.

My question was more, does the fax replace courier of documents to them?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 12:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
Lol! you've got jokes @ no ppr yet.
Yea, copr and passports duly stamped by london VO. Sent them via DHL to vfs london with a prepaid return envelope and bank transfer for vfs fees in GBP into their uk account. this is a different procedure from the accra vo, just in case anyone gets a ppr from london.
SlowlybtSurely:

Got it the next day.

No PPR yet. Not even "Medicals passed" angry grin

Got your COPR?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 1:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
vcole:
Lol! you've got jokes @ no ppr yet.
Yea, copr and passports duly stamped by london VO. Sent them via DHL to vfs london with a prepaid return envelope and bank transfer for vfs fees in GBP into their uk account. this is a different procedure from the accra vo, just in case anyone gets a ppr from london.

How much is that vfs fees?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 4really: 2:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
Hello Guru and Great people in this house.
I want first appreciate the effort and contribution you guys and putting in to nurture people like me.
I also want to say a big Congratulation to those who got ITA yesterday....... wish you guys the best in the next phase.
Please,i have some simple questions though confusing to me but i trust your judgement hence i took it to this platform.

Question.................. i've been working in a particular establishment for about 8 years now but has covered two NOC within this period. My first duties and position was done for 5years of which my academic qualification suit the job but i was promoted and assume a new job duties and position 2years ago, but my qualification is completely different form the new and current job though they are both Skilled B job.
Can i choose my previous NOC which is related to by qualification in my EE profile?
It is mandatory to pick the current job NOC for my profile?
Is there possibility of having two NOC in a profile?
It is acceptable to have a single employment reference showing history that capture both different NOC?

Thanks for your answers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cdq2017: 3:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
Hello everyone, i'm new to this and i need you guys help. I have an msc degree in unilag (yet to get certificate cos i havnt convocated but i'm done with the programme. Hence the question can i just evaluate my transcript using wes or iqas without the need for certificate as its not yet ready .please i would appreciate any help i can get. thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 3:44pm On Feb 23, 2017
Cdq2017:
Hello everyone, i'm new to this and i need you guys help. I have an msc degree in unilag (yet to get certificate cos i havnt convocated but i'm done with the programme. Hence the question can i just evaluate my transcript using wes or iqas without the need for certificate as its not yet ready .please i would appreciate any help i can get. thanks

From the WES website, all documents listed below are required -

Clear, legible photocopies of all degree certificates issued by the institutions attended (To be submitted to WES by applicant)
AND
Academic transcripts showing all subjects completed and all grades awarded for all years of post-secondary study (To be sent directly to WES by the institutions attended)

For completed doctoral programs, a letter confirming the awarding of doctorate (To be sent directly to WES by the institutions attended)

Hope this helps!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 3:56pm On Feb 23, 2017
4really:
Hello Guru and Great people in this house.
I want first appreciate the effort and contribution you guys and putting in to nurture people like me.
I also want to say a big Congratulation to those who got ITA yesterday....... wish you guys the best in the next phase.
Please,i have some simple questions though confusing to me but i trust your judgement hence i took it to this platform.

Question.................. i've been working in a particular establishment for about 8 years now but has covered two NOC within this period. My first duties and position was done for 5years of which my academic qualification suit the job but i was promoted and assume a new job duties and position 2years ago, but my qualification is completely different form the new and current job though they are both Skilled B job.
Can i choose my previous NOC which is related to by qualification in my EE profile?
It is mandatory to pick the current job NOC for my profile?
Is there possibility of having two NOC in a profile?
It is acceptable to have a single employment reference showing history that capture both different NOC?

Thanks for your answers.

You can choose the previous NOC
just one NOC in the profile
yes the employment letter can show both NOCs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cdq2017: 4:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thanks alot.

Ehrnie:

From the WES website, all documents listed below are required -

Clear, legible photocopies of all degree certificates issued by the institutions attended (To be submitted to WES by applicant)
AND
Academic transcripts showing all subjects completed and all grades awarded for all years of post-secondary study (To be sent directly to WES by the institutions attended)

For completed doctoral programs, a letter confirming the awarding of doctorate (To be sent directly to WES by the institutions attended)

Hope this helps!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sammyacbxyz: 4:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
Why does it seem impossible for me to get any score between 413 and 460 . I can only score above 460 if I score LRSW 8,7,7,7 in IELTS. Even if I score LRWS 7.5.9.9.9 my score will still fall below 413 which will not get ITA. i have WES 2 degrees/certificates and i am 29 and single with over three years experience. Pls what else can I do to improve my score without IELTS listening band 8 .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Seriah: 5:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
sammyacbxyz:
Why does it seem impossible for me to get any score between 413 and 460 . I can only score above 460 if I score LRSW 8,7,7,7 in IELTS. Even if I score LRWS 7.5.9.9.9 my score will still fall below 413 which will not get ITA. i have WES 2 degrees/certificates and i am 29 and single with over three years experience. Pls what else can I do to improve my score without IELTS listening band 8 .

Nothing really. A lot is tied to your score in listening. And why does it seem as if you have given up on getting an 8 in listening. People have done it so do not rule yourself out just yet.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 5:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
[quote author=sammyacbxyz post=53988249]Why does it seem impossible for me to get any score between 413 and 460 . I can only score above 460 if I score LRSW 8,7,7,7 in IELTS. Even if I score LRWS 7.5.9.9.9 my score will still fall below 413 which will not get ITA. i have WES 2 degrees/certificates and i am 29 and single with over three years experience. Pls what else can I do to improve my score without IELTS listening band 8 .[/quote

Well, I think it's just the way the CRS is calculated. I recall the CRS difference between my 1st IELTS (LRSW 8.5,8.5,8.5,6) and 2nd IELTS (LRSW 8.5,7.5,8.5,7.5) was 58!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 5:05pm On Feb 23, 2017
sammyacbxyz:

Well, I think it's just the way the CRS is calculated. I recall the CRS difference between my 1st IELTS (LRSW 8.5,8.5,8.5,6) and 2nd IELTS (LRSW 8.5,7.5,8.5,7.5) was 58!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 5:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
You need to work on your mindset about doing well in listening. It is not exactly difficult if you practise and keep an open mind without been nervous. A lot of us scaled thru IELTS at one sitting.
sammyacbxyz:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
Dear House,

Thanks for all the support here so far.

I got an ITA.

Started completing the forms and now I have a problem. A pop up saying "appendGrid does not initialized" error.

I have looked online and did not get much help.

I have tried Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla and Safari browsers to no avail.

I have cleared browsing histories and cache. I have even reinstalled these softwares still no way.

Any other person experiencing this problem? The only other culprit I can think of is Slow Internet. Could this be the cause? I am in a location with limited access to regular network. Depending solely on wifi.

Thanks for the help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ssemire(f): 5:38pm On Feb 23, 2017
Hello house.

I'm a very silent observer on this thread. However, I will like to share the good news that I've landed in Canada. From ITA to PPR took 9 months.

It is better to ensure you block all avenues for more documents request by providing all upfront. That way, your application will not be abandoned.

All the best to all that have received ITA

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by HTC2017: 6:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
Except if your 2 degrees include an MSc, the highest you can obtain is 443.

But not to worry, the cut-off is dropping by each result - at least by 6 points. You may check the trend to confirm this. Yesterday was 441, the next could be around 435. Maybe it's just turn by turn afterall.

sammyacbxyz:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by wunmimi: 6:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
Congrats ssemire. However,please don't forget to give back to this forum for others to benefit from your experience. Stay blessed .
ssemire:
Hello house.

I'm a very silent observer on this thread. However, I will like to share the good news that I've landed in Canada. From ITA to PPR took 9 months.

It is better to ensure you block all avenues for more documents request by providing all upfront. That way, your application will not be abandoned.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
crystalmar:
Dear House,

Thanks for all the support here so far.

I got an ITA.

Started completing the forms and now I have a problem. A pop up saying "appendGrid does not initialized" error.

I have looked online and did not get much help.

I have tried Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla and Safari browsers to no avail.

I have cleared browsing histories and cache. I have even reinstalled these softwares still no way.

Any other person experiencing this problem? The only other culprit I can think of is Slow Internet. Could this be the cause? I am in a location with limited access to regular network. Depending solely on wifi.

Thanks for the help.

Since you have already Cleared your browser cache, restart the system and open the CIC page with a stable and fast connection. This is best done close to or at midnight. This should solve your problem.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 6:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
ssemire:
Hello house.

Congratulations!

Please can you give us examples of additional documents that can be requested for?

I am collating my documents post ITA and this will help a lot. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by drhopeful: 6:58pm On Feb 23, 2017
specrealq:

Hello,

Hope you are having a fabulous day, please i have some questions i want to clarify with you.
I am about submitting my appplication aftet getting ITA.
I made some changes on the form
Date of employment when i filled my express entry form was september 2008 and working hours i wrote 50 per week.
I did this because i have my employment letter that has that date and that is the hours i actually work.
But when my reference letter came they wrote march 2010 as employment date and 45 hours per week.
Stating that they wrote the date based on when i was confirmed and 45hours is the official time.
Also i had to change my Noc because the roles listed for me on my reference letter was more suited for the new Noc i selected which still fall under B.
So i made the changes based on my reference letter.
This changes does not affect my score.
And i plan to scan both my employment letter and confirmation and also explain on LOE.

Do you think is okay to go ahead and submit
Too many inconsistencies. Decline this ITA or better still, create a new profile and wait for the next ITA and thereafter decline current ITA and withdraw EE profile. I have your same issues. I waited for next ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by drhopeful: 7:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
sammyacbxyz:
Hi, I just want to encourage you. It's possible to surpass an 8. I remember wondering how people on here were reporting 9 in listening when I could barely get 8 in my practice test. Because of that, I dedicated 80% of my practice to Listening. I was just that desperate, but I was still averaging 8. I was a nervous wreck in my actual test, like a mouse being chased by a cat. I was shocked when I saw my result....9!!!!

Please put in your best and leave the rest to God. Good luck!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.