Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2603323 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by byskoye: 7:30pm On Feb 24, 2017
vcole:
My people!!!!! PPR!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!
Congrats vcole.so hapy4 u.pllease did u request for gcms .if yes.please wasvit via a friend with PR or thru www.gcmsnow.com.
Please urgent response needed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:59pm On Feb 24, 2017
As dupyshoo said, extend it and imput the details of the new passport post ITA...

Chinnie4Jesus:
dupyshoo, pls I need you to help me with this. My husband's passport has expired, but he is in the process of getting another one. They are saying it could take up to 2weeks or 3weeks. My question is, the id column does not recognize his id anymore because it has expired, can I extend? ( we are hoping to get ITA by the next draw) when we eventually get the new passport, can I edit and put in the correct details on the new passport. This particular position is beyond ones control as the passport office keeps claiming they do not have booklets. Please can you advice me. He is the principal applicant. Thanks... boldinc please can you come in here too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
Employment is ideal...

coolhayor:
Hello seniors,

Pls for those who have filled the post-ITA forms and gotten PPR. I want to fill my wife's NYSC in her personal details but i am confused whether to put it under government activity or Employment.

I am afraid of misrepresentation. I need help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:05pm On Feb 24, 2017
In recent times, applications have been moved from AVO to London and hasn't gone beyond 3 months fro PPR... In fact, someone got in about a month.. Following the trend, it should remain the same.

Adufe2016x:
Hello guys. In new on this forum. And I hope to post my testimony soon. I applied for SINP in February, anxiously expecting my nomination approval. And then ITA.......

But I'm worried with the slow processing at AVO. I heard it takes more than a year from ITA to Passport request on an average. Please how true is this? For those that have successfully and recently crossed over to Canny Land, how long did it take you. I wanna plan pregnancy so I'm not stuck. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
I will advise you create a new profile... You will get the NOI from Ontario. You really do not need an agent. It's easy to do yourself...

Afamdi12:
@Temidewale did you get the ITA from EE or OINP sent you the ITA. My score is 406 on the pool and no mail from OINP yet, the account was created in January. My agents has my EE login deets and would not share except my job bank deets. Can I create a new profile myself without their knowledge? Will it cause any harm having two profiles and how many months is the processing time for OINP to give u the nomination certificate if successful after you pay the 1500 cad? Please the house can answer. I am almost frustrated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:07pm On Feb 24, 2017
That's a tough one... I will initially advise you re-write IELTS... Or maybe share your info with the house and let's see where you do better. Married? Age? Degree? etc...

phoneymoney:

@doopysho, boldinc, 40manlappy and our seniors here, how does one deal with Crs of 340? Any hopes??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:08pm On Feb 24, 2017
Yes... you apply for the Express Entry Stream.

Ehrnie:

My friend is having same issue. I am helping her with her application and I cannot download the NOI letter. Someone who has passed through this, please respond.

Also can someone please confirm that when you get NOI from Ontario, you go to their website and apply for Ontario's Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream? It is my understanding that the FSWP (Federal Skills Workers Program) falls under this. I am just being careful not to apply for the wrong scheme post NOI. N.B. My friend got a NOI yesterday via IRCC Express Entry....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:11pm On Feb 24, 2017
With your score, I will advise you get a re-mark, since you did very well in LRS... However, jumping to 420 might not do you any good as CRS cut-off 'might' not get that low or maybe not anytime soon. It would be good to take advantage of Ontario PNP while it's available.

POF should be 6 months statement of account. You should also get a gift of deed from your dad.

ray78:
Pls who here has requested a remarking of their IELTS score and got an upgrade?I attempted my 2nd IELTS on February 11th and the scores were L8.5 R.8 S 7.5 W6.5 ,which pushed my points CRS from 409 to 420.However i believe if i request for my Wriiting to be re-marked i will get a 7.I also dont understand why the eaminers keep grading Writing low.

Secondly,how long should POF funds be in my account before submitting the statememt?i reckon my dad or uncle will be able to gift me 2 million naira AFTER i have gotten the ITA,hence submitting POF of approx 3 months statement.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:14pm On Feb 24, 2017
I don't think it's advisable to do that cos your IELTS score is a major determinant in the CRS that gets you ITA... I think you should wait really. Wednesday is only a few days away and I believe your case would be an ITA not NOI.

40manlappy:

This may appear to be a "wild thought": Do you think this can work for an expired IELTS? Can one modify IELTS details post-ITA?

Results should be out next week Wednesday though. Just thinking of the OINP quota for 2017 wink

Looping: boldinc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
I will advise you withdraw that profile and create a new one... You will definitely get an NOI if your score is above 400... What is your score though, you might just be in line for an ITA. Share...

princessayinke:
Is there any hope of OINP for those that have been in the pool since last year? From the trend it seems that people that recently created their profile are being nominated

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:19pm On Feb 24, 2017
boldinc:
I don't think it's advisable to do that cos your IELTS score is a major determinant in the CRS that gets you ITA... I think you should wait really. Wednesday is only a few days away and I believe your case would be an ITA not NOI.

Amen @bolded

Like I stated, it was a wild thought really that wasn't worth considering. Discarded it since cheesy

As much as I would prefer an ITA not tied to any province, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. We are hoping to move to the 400+ plus club next week, God willing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:21pm On Feb 24, 2017
Congrats on your ITA...

1. Pls go ahead with your ITA... Way better than OINP.
2. I am not certain about that. Though I believe it should be valid still, I would advise you check the CIC website and confirm what's allowed.
3. You do not need to state that he has a degree... Just put the details of his degree in personal history only and not education.
4. You need to get your medicals done and uploaded before submitting... The list of physicians on their website are the right ones.
5. A proof of request will suffice, but in this case, I would be advisable to wait till a few days before the expiry of the 90 days... This will show that you waited for sometime.
6. Most people use xe.com ... I plan to do same.
7. I'm your shoes as well... Plan to submit both.

Hope these help!

damidamsel:
Good evening everyone, it's my first time on this thread though v been following. I had once created my EE profile in 2015 but it expired early last year without an ITA. I recreated my profile on Feb 20th and as God will have it, i got ITA on the 22nd with a score of 454. I however do have some questions:

1) Is OINP easier than the EE FSWP because I see so many people are interested in it and even though i chose Ontario,i am yet to get a nomination.
2) For ref letters, i had one gotten them in 2014 when i wanted to do the FSWP, can i still use these letters as they have all needed info and i was no longer with any of the companies when i got the letters
3) I put in the profile my hubby's education but stated he has no ECA. With these what do i need to submit as proof of education, will only certificates suffice?
4) I am not clear if we are to go ahead with the medical exam or we would be told when to. If we are, i saw a link of some physician panels with one in Ikeja,are these the right physicians?
5) I had previously lived in the US and i'm in the process of getting US PCC but it states processing time of about 14wks which is more than 90days. Will uploading proof of request suffice or how do i go about this?
6) What rate should be used for calculating the needed funds,black market,official rate or oanda
7) Finally my daughter has both US passport and Nigerian Passport, which do i use for her in the application

Sorry for the bulk of questions....all advice would be highly appreciated

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
Amen... Are you in the pool yet? What's your score right now if so?

40manlappy:

Amen @bolded

Like I stated, it was a wild thought really that wasn't worth considering. Discarded it since cheesy

As much as I would prefer an ITA not tied to any province, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. We are hoping to move to the 400+ plus club next week, God willing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 8:27pm On Feb 24, 2017
optionese:
hello all, i got my results today LRWS 8.5,7.5,7,8.0. I disappointed especially with the reading because i felt like i had a very good test. i dont know if am patient enough to ask for a remark . however with this result i stand a chance to get 453. my ECA is however still pending no thanks to my school. gosh am so nervous. i hope to get in the pool by march. God will give us all reasons for good news

Hian!! What are you scared for? When the next draw is going to be low even! Just focus on ECA. I think till half of the year the scores will be low.
All the best.

Nb; as regards the NOC question, I am not conversant with that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olyveoyl(f): 9:35pm On Feb 24, 2017
Ehrnie:
Someone please help answer my queries too ............

I am helping my friend with her application and I cannot download the NOI letter received from Ontario yesterday. Someone who has passed through this, please respond.

Also please confirm that when you get NOI from Ontario, you go to their website and apply for Ontario's Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream. It is my understanding that the FSWP (Federal Skills Workers Program) falls under this. I am just being careful not to apply for the wrong scheme post NOI.

N.B. My friend got a NOI yesterday via IRCC Express Entry....profile created Monday 20th Feb.

I am eagerly waiting pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hello Ehrnie,
You cannot download the NOI from your profile to PDF, as someone who has gone through the process last year, the only thing Ontario needs is your EE profile number and job seeker code.
Hope this helps
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:43pm On Feb 24, 2017
boldinc:
Amen... Are you in the pool yet? What's your score right now if so?

Been in the pool since 2015. Spouse is the principal applicant but my IELTS result expired recently.

Created a new profile with a CRS score of 397, no thanks to me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by damidamsel: 9:54pm On Feb 24, 2017
boldinc:
Congrats on your ITA...

1. Pls go ahead with your ITA... Way better than OINP.
2. I am not certain about that. Though I believe it should be valid still, I would advise you check the CIC website and confirm what's allowed.
3. You do not need to state that he has a degree... Just put the details of his degree in personal history only and not education.
4. You need to get your medicals done and uploaded before submitting... The list of physicians on their website are the right ones.
5. A proof of request will suffice, but in this case, I would be advisable to wait till a few days before the expiry of the 90 days... This will show that you waited for sometime.
6. Most people use xe.com ... I plan to do same.
7. I'm your shoes as well... Plan to submit both.

Hope these help!

Mega thanks to you @boldinc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oohunt: 9:56pm On Feb 24, 2017
ssemire:
Hello house.

I'm a very silent observer on this thread. However, I will like to share the good news that I've landed in Canada. From ITA to PPR took 9 months.

It is better to ensure you block all avenues for more documents request by providing all upfront. That way, your application will not be abandoned.

All the best to all that have received ITA

Congratulations!

Please post your experiences in the thread below to help newbies know what to expect. Thanks.

https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 24, 2017
so sad, the same happened to me. I re-wrote and my listening and speaking increased while my writing which i seriously prepared for reduced to 6.5 from 7 and i had a 6 in reading from 7. so sad. I now have a CRS of 373 and even if I ask for a remark in writing I would have 384, if i get 7.5. so discouraged at asking for a remark.

ray78:
Its so frustrating.I prepared for this as well,my Listening score even improved too.Pls keep in touch on your remarking plans.i just want to wait for another 2 weeks,if the CRS socres plummet much further.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 11:06pm On Feb 24, 2017
olyveoyl:

Hello Ehrnie,
You cannot download the NOI from your profile to PDF, as someone who has gone through the process last year, the only thing Ontario needs is your EE profile number and job seeker code.
Hope this helps

Thanks a lot...it sure helps!

As you have passed through this before, please can you confirm how one can show intent to reside in Ontario? my friend has no relation or friends in Ontario and has never even visited Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sehawale: 1:43am On Feb 25, 2017
I have an EE profile I created in Jan and CRS is above 400. I selected Ontario and 3 other provinces in the part that says you should choose interested provinces. Up till now, I haven't received NOI from Ontario. Please is anyone having similar issues? What can I do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Toy002: 4:28am On Feb 25, 2017
damidamsel:
Good evening everyone, it's my first time on this thread though v been following. I had once created my EE profile in 2015 but it expired early last year without an ITA. I recreated my profile on Feb 20th and as God will have it, i got ITA on the 22nd with a score of 454. I however do have some questions:

1) Is OINP easier than the EE FSWP because I see so many people are interested in it and even though i chose Ontario,i am yet to get a nomination.
2) For ref letters, i had one gotten them in 2014 when i wanted to do the FSWP, can i still use these letters as they have all needed info and i was no longer with any of the companies when i got the letters
3) I put in the profile my hubby's education but stated he has no ECA. With these what do i need to submit as proof of education, will only certificates suffice?
4) I am not clear if we are to go ahead with the medical exam or we would be told when to. If we are, i saw a link of some physician panels with one in Ikeja,are these the right physicians?
5) I had previously lived in the US and i'm in the process of getting US PCC but it states processing time of about 14wks which is more than 90days. Will uploading proof of request suffice or how do i go about this?
6) What rate should be used for calculating the needed funds,black market,official rate or oanda
7) Finally my daughter has both US passport and Nigerian Passport, which do i use for her in the application

Sorry for the bulk of questions....all advice would be highly appreciated

Hello house,

I'm new on nairaland. I must confess it's a very useful platform with wealth of information. Thanks to everyone here contributing & assisting others. Kudos to you all.

@damidamsel; Please can you share how you processed your US PCC. I'm in the process of doing same but I need clarification on whether I can complete the fingerprint form on my own & submit or I need to visit any law enforcement or US consulate to complete the finger print form.

Also, I will like to know if you just printed the form on an ordinary paper or you printed on a cardboard.

Then for the first application form, how did you complete the attention part, I left mine blank at the moment and in the mail to part, I put my name but my uncle's US address which is different from my own address that I imputed earlier. Please how did you do yours?

Have you also gotten any response from the FBI that what you submitted is fine for the purpose of getting the report.

Please just advise on the whole process.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:00am On Feb 25, 2017
Hmmm... That means the best you can add is an extra 20 points to get 417?

Did you evaluate your degree(s)?

40manlappy:

Been in the pool since 2015. Spouse is the principal applicant but my IELTS result expired recently.

Created a new profile with a CRS score of 397, no thanks to me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:01am On Feb 25, 2017
I think you should withdraw the profile and create a new one... Ontario usually goes for new profiles.

Good luck!

sehawale:
I have an EE profile I created in Jan and CRS is above 400. I selected Ontario and 3 other provinces in the part that says you should choose interested provinces. Up till now, I haven't received NOI from Ontario. Please is anyone having similar issues? What can I do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Oagwaye1: 7:10am On Feb 25, 2017
Ehrnie:

As you have passed through this before, please can you confirm how one can show intent to reside in Ontario? my friend has no relation or friends in Ontario and has never even visited Canada.
Hi,
I was nominated by Ontario last year .i have never been to Canada and I don't have friends there. All you need to do is to write a statement of intent showing how you intend to settle in Ontario .Research areas in Ontario ,your occupation and it's prospects in Ontario if it's regulated ,how you intend to plan for licensure ,how you love the weather .since you don't have family or friends ,you can find out about settlement agencies in Ontario . Also remind them of your good English skills evidenced by your ielts result and how that we help in your social integration . Just give them good reason for choosing Ontario
All the best

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olyveoyl(f): 7:10am On Feb 25, 2017
Ehrnie:

Two ways, one let the person register in one of the job banks, look through jobs that matches his profile or career and then apply. You can then print out the acknowledgement of the application and include it (you can do about six or seven) I think they just want to see the applicants seriousness and effort in researching about the province
Second is to write a letter of intent that shows why you chose Ontario over other provinces. This is easy as you just google the internet and find quick facts about the province and why it appeals to you in terms of weather, job opportunities, nice to raise a family, popular destination for migrants and so on.
Also note that the few rejections have seen is when people are not able to prove their work experience or NOC does not match reference letter. Your friend should be fine.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 7:21am On Feb 25, 2017
Hello,

Please can i create another express entry profile with another email address im tempted to decline my ITA, but i want to be sure i will get in the next draw. My crs score is 467.

Has anyone had two profiles like this before.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Afamdi12: 7:35am On Feb 25, 2017
Hello house, I dont know how to tag or reply under comments so I just go to the general reply space. For the OINP, I saw a requirement for their fswc for ielts to be a minimum 7 in LRWS. I am in the pool with over crs 400, i'm thinking not to proceed with the OINP if I get NOI as my ielts score, I had a 6.5 in reading and writing respectively. This is because I dont want to pay 1500 cad if I wont get the nomination certificate because I do not qualify for fsw in Ontario. Please I stand corrected. Maybe I didnt understand that section correctly. Their cut off is 67/100. Can someone send me a link to calculate please. Someone please put me through. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teehey: 7:51am On Feb 25, 2017
Good morning house, please if my degree is pharmacy, while filling express entry application. under what category does pharmacy fall. please what category of degree is entry-to- practise professional degree.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:36am On Feb 25, 2017
boldinc:
Hmmm... That means the best you can add is an extra 20 points to get 417?

Did you evaluate your degree(s)?

My MBA is awaiting IQAS evaluation. Msc certificates for my spouse's set (UNILAG) is not ready though she has applied for transcript in favour of IQAS.

@all: Does anyone have a reliable contact at Unilag?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sehawale: 9:06am On Feb 25, 2017
boldinc:
I think you should withdraw the profile and create a new one... Ontario usually goes for new profiles.

Good luck!

I already entered my EE reference number and job seeker validation code while applying for SINP. If I withdraw the profile now, it means the profile I used for Sask will be no more. Does this not have any implications? Or should I create another EE profile for ONTARIO without withdrawing the old one?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 9:14am On Feb 25, 2017
Oagwaye1:

Hi,
I was nominated by Ontario last year .i have never been to Canada and I don't have friends there. All you need to do is to write a statement of intent showing how you intend to settle in Ontario .Research areas in Ontario ,your occupation and it's prospects in Ontario if it's regulated ,how you intend to plan for licensure ,how you love the weather .since you don't have family or friends ,you can find out about settlement agencies in Ontario . Also remind them of your good English skills evidenced by your ielts result and how that we help in your social integration . Just give them good reason for choosing Ontario
All the best

Thank you so very much...I really truly appreciate your response!

Many thanks!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: Ashirioluwa and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.