Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2620769 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:52pm On Mar 09, 2017
He will only get PR if you state that he is accompanying you... Even if you state so, he doesn't need to write IELTS or do ECA if your score is high enough.

cookies:

Do you mean if I carry on with this application and choose the non-accompanying option for my spouse, he doesn't have to write IELTS, ECA etc....yet he'd still get PR in the end? I'm really confused about this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:54pm On Mar 09, 2017
Did you get this score with your present IELTS? If so, you do not need to remark nor does your husband need to take IELTS and ECA.

This score is high enough for now.

Kathyjex:
Hello wonderful team,

This journey eh! I just put head and trusting God it will be fruitful. Please I have question:

Again I had taken IELTS L8.5, S7.5, R7, W6. Sadly W gave it to me. I have paid for retake adnd also Remark of the old scores (can't sleep not knowing what happened to the W score). WES is currently processing my ECA adnd my spouce and I are takinf IELTS ina cuple of weeks time. Hopefully heavens will open for me.
my question is,
1. does my spouse have to do ECA for the credentials? I know the answer has been provided here as 'no' depending on my CRS.
2. Another question I have is, if 'no' what do i fill for spouse education level when checking my score on the CRS? do i leave it blank (select) or select none, less than secondary school?

I checked the CRS without ECA (ie left it as select) and got (see below):
Comprehensive Ranking System formula

Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 448

Additional points = 0

Grand total = 448

i ask all these Cos his school in England is messing up for transcript adn we can save the money for ECA. What do you advice?

GURUS please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:07pm On Mar 09, 2017
15 days after receipt of documents?

40manlappy:

Thanks bro.

They just acknowledged receipt of the complete application this week. Processing period is now 15 working days.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by alt3r3g0: 7:37pm On Mar 09, 2017
cookies:

Do you mean if I carry on with this application and choose the non-accompanying option for my spouse, he doesn't have to write IELTS, ECA etc....yet he'd still get PR in the end? I'm really confused about this.

How it works is this...once you add your spouse, 30 points are deducted from your CRS score. This points will be gained back from His ECA and IELTS score.

Then when ITA points were quite high, to get every point available, it was best to do this. We got ours with 468. Last draw was 432 or so. Which means without my ECA and Ielts, we would have still gotten with current scores.

All you need do is have good scores in the Ielts to get max points and his ECA and IELTS will become irrelevant to your final score.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ebimarian: 7:49pm On Mar 09, 2017
Blackbuddy:

What is the name of the immigration agent? Are they licensed immigration lawyers or agents experts with the ICCRC or a Canadian law society?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/verify-rep.asp#law-societies

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/verify-rep.asp#law-societies

http://iccrc-crcic.info/

What is the name of the recruitment firm in Canada? Are they reputable? What is their track record? Is there any negative news about them online? Do your home work before releasing your personal details to anybody who is not part of Canadian government agencies that are bound by secrecy act to protect your details. See this article about what we are seeing in Canada;

http://business.financialpost.com/executive/management-hr/recruiters-charging-foreign-workers-in-ontario-illegal-fees-as-high-as-12000-for-jobs-that-might-not-exist-report-finds

You can send the names of the agents, recruiters and employing firm so I help verify. I am based in Ontario and can run a back check online.
Elb recruitment firm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 8:32pm On Mar 09, 2017
ebimarian:

Elb recruitment firm

This same ELB Legal? http://elbfirm.com/index.php/about/
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ebimarian: 9:12pm On Mar 09, 2017
Blackbuddy:

This same ELB Legal? http://elbfirm.com/index.php/about/
Yes it is...what did u find abt them please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by peppers: 9:29pm On Mar 09, 2017
ugoiyke79e2:

Thank you for this post......it has helped me.
. Hello, thanks for this. Were you able to get a reference letter from your nysc employers?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dalie: 10:02pm On Mar 09, 2017
[quote author=dupyshoo post=54427831]What issue are you having with the CRS calculator?

Anyway, with the assumptions that you will get 8.5,8,7.5 and 7.5 in LRSW, you evaluate your MSc and no IELTS and ECA for your hubby, your CRS score should be about 424.

Thanks dubyshoo for your response. I almost gave up when the first person responded to my question. But the manner at which you responded gave me hope again. At least I am assured by your words that there is hope for me in express entry. Words really heal or destroy and you chose to respond with the former . You really won't understand how grateful I am. Now I am studying hard for my IELTS since I know I have hope. Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 10:44pm On Mar 09, 2017
I wrote only the work i can get reference letter for now and plan to write the others after ITA on my personal history to avoid any gap is that okay?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Zutlin: 12:13am On Mar 10, 2017
Hello house. PLEASE, ABEG, I NEED HELP.

I'm presently working towards an EE application. The issue I'm having is PASSSPORT.

I had an electronic passport which got lost last year. Before then, I had both Ghana and Benin Republic stamps on them. I didn't require a visa because it was just visiting I went for. Now that I am interested in EE it has become necessary for me to do another passport and I was told the lost passport number will also reflect on the new. My questions are:

1) How do I go about filling 'travel history' on the EE application.
2) Do I have to write a LOE on my lost passport telling them my travel history there or I totally ignore it.
3) If I even decide to write LOE, how do I prove that I've been to those countries and I didn't stay long enough to need a PCC?
4) Is there a way they can just run a background check on my old passport number and see that I've been to those countries?

Also, I hear lost passport replacement can only be done in Abuja. Is it true?

Make una help me abeg. The thing is giving me sleepless night.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by arinola2: 12:22am On Mar 10, 2017
ugoiyke79e2:

Thank you for this post......it has helped me.

Dears,
I would love to know whats the implication of this will be ;

I intend to make my wife the applicant because age is on her side. Where am a little confused is with respect to her job/experience as she is currently serving and will be done with service next month (APRIL).

Lets assume we get ITA in May ----- What is the implication of the fact that she doesn't have post NYSC experience?

Any advice will be appreciated. thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 2:31am On Mar 10, 2017
emiye:
ok.
I raised a CSE to inform IRCC of change of marital status on Feb. 11, i didn't get any reply after 10 business days. So on March 1st, i sent the same details to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca, less than 2 hours after i had sent the mail, i got a mail to check my cic account. In my cic account was a letter sent by ircc asking me to update my spouse medical, pcc and passport (cic request letter). 3 new placeholders were also added on my cic account.

I am a bit confused which of the 2 actions(cse on feb. 11 or mail to cpc on mar. 1) made me get the response on March 1.

A day after the request letter from cic, My wife conducted her medicals and received her PCC on March 2. On March 3, i upoaded all the 3 requirements.

A link was sent where i could pay for her application fee, so i paid on March 4. March 6 , My medicals changed to pass

March 7. Further documents requested by IRCC for: (1)Schedule A -Background/declaration for my nysc period (i guess this was because i filled my nysc under personal history as government) . I would advise others yet to submit e APR to fill nysc as employment under personal history.
(2) schedule A for my wife. (3) travel history for my wife

March 8 - I filled and sent all d stuffs requested.
I hope this will help you

Thanks very much, this is very detailed and useful.
I will be carrying out the same soon!

I will update you, Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kathyjex: 2:56am On Mar 10, 2017
453 without spouse OMG.
It's well.

dupyshoo:
Yeah, you need a valid IELTS score to enter the pool.

It is that low cos of the 6 in writing. You are losing about 110 points (100 under skill transferability factors and the remaining under language). Got the 1st ITA with 453.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kathyjex: 2:57am On Mar 10, 2017
Noted. Thanks
elfmann:

In d future? Here or Canada? If ur Writing doesn't bump, u might ask him to do ECA or IELTS or both as ur case requires. Saving money doesn't mean delaying ur ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 4:52am On Mar 10, 2017
Ekpekus:

What this simply means is that all the places you have stayed for the past 10 years or since you were 18years whichever one comes earlier should be filled and not vacation address.
Example:
You stayed in Lagos from June 2007 -2012.. Full in that address
Then you relocated to say Makurdi between 2012 April till 2015 June. Fill this address also.
Then your last address till the day you are filling the form should also be filled.

N.B
Ensure it is just for the last 10years and the months should correspond in other words"No gap should be seen in the months and year between addresses.
I hope this helps

@ugoiyke79e2 This small info about Address hx, is what straightened me up on it, look at em.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by donluis: 5:31am On Mar 10, 2017
I wish to know if I can use UKVI IELTS score for EE or PNP as I intend writing g it next month for a UK program but are ously looking at Canada on the long run. Thanx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e2: 7:04am On Mar 10, 2017
esosa4real:

@ugoiyke79e2 This small info about Address hx, is what straightened me up on it, look at em.

Thanks @esosa4real.
what about in a case where ur parents home is lagos and u went to school in benin where u lived on campus??
in this scenario what should ur address be since u are maintaining both campus and home??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:19am On Mar 10, 2017
You should check and compare both your scores with each of you as the principal applicant and go for the one that has the highest.

NYSC experience will give only one year, but the maximum of 3 years earns you more points. DO you have up to 3 years working experience? Does she have a Masters degree? Use the tool and compare...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

arinola2:

Dears,
I would love to know whats the implication of this will be ;

I intend to make my wife the applicant because age is on her side. Where am a little confused is with respect to her job/experience as she is currently serving and will be done with service next month (APRIL).

Lets assume we get ITA in May ----- What is the implication of the fact that she doesn't have post NYSC experience?

Any advice will be appreciated. thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:21am On Mar 10, 2017
boldinc:
15 days after receipt of documents?

According to the information posted on their website.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by arinola2: 8:00am On Mar 10, 2017
boldinc:
You should check and compare both your scores with each of you as the principal applicant and go for the one that has the highest.

NYSC experience will give only one year, but the maximum of 3 years earns you more points. DO you have up to 3 years working experience? Does she have a Masters degree? Use the tool and compare...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Thanks a lot boldinc.

She is 25, i am 35. As for me, i have over 10 years telecommunication experience (But age is a disadvantage).
Both of us don't have masters yet.

I did IELTS last week (expecting my result by next week 17th/18th).
My WES is almost ready as i started 4th-Jan-2017, and transcript has been sent same week and verification feedback from school to WES (fro their email) as well about 3 weeks ago. I believe they should be done by now - i don't know why its taking too long.

My wife just started her WES process this week Monday (6th-Mar-2017). And her IELTS is scheduled for 8th-April-2017.

I have tried the tool over and over and think she is the best as principal applicant, as she will get more score.

What i wanted to get is if her NYSC will be good for us to use as she will just have NYSC experience (1 year) - which i think you have answered if i'm right.

Thank you so much again, i really appreciate. Any other tip or advice will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 8:12am On Mar 10, 2017
ugoiyke79e2:

Thanks @esosa4real.
what about in a case where ur parents home is lagos and u went to school in benin where u lived on campus??
in this scenario what should ur address be since u are maintaining both campus and home??
Fill the address of your hostel and the years you spent the're while filling "academics" as the corresponding events done under the period of review.
If say, you spent 4 years in school, fill it maybe June 2007- August 2011.
Then if you spend some months before NYSC while staying with your parents then fill accordingly.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 8:15am On Mar 10, 2017
donluis:
I wish to know if I can use UKVI IELTS score for EE or PNP as I intend writing g it next month for a UK program but are ously looking at Canada on the long run. Thanx
Unfortunately you can not use it cos your ielts form while filling shows a part "purpose" & "country".
That being said EE is General and not Academic

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 8:21am On Mar 10, 2017
arinola2:

Thanks a lot boldinc.

She is 25, i am 35. As for me, i have over 10 years telecommunication experience (But age is a disadvantage).
Both of us don't have masters yet.

I did IELTS last week (expecting my result by next week 17th/18th).
My WES is almost ready as i started 4th-Jan-2017, and transcript has been sent same week and verification feedback from school to WES (fro their email) as well about 3 weeks ago. I believe they should be done by now - i don't know why its taking too long.

My wife just started her WES process this week Monday (6th-Mar-2017). And her IELTS is scheduled for 8th-April-2017.

I have tried the tool over and over and think she is the best as principal applicant, as she will get more score.

What i wanted to get is if her NYSC will be good for us to use as she will just have NYSC experience (1 year) - which i think you have answered if i'm right.

Thank you so much again, i really appreciate. Any other tip or advice will be appreciated.

Her NYSC is good to go if it's one year and evidence in terms of reference letter shows it. However whike she gained some points with her age, she will lose some with years of working experience.
You can use her as PA and see her possible score from the CRS tool. Meanwhile, she should ace her ielts to gain maximum point in proficiency in English

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ebho: 9:15am On Mar 10, 2017
Good Morning House.

I received expression of interest from Ontario but I need an urgent response on how to draft a gift deed and to whom it will be addressed to.

Thanks Hous
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e2: 9:28am On Mar 10, 2017
Ekpekus:

Fill the address of your hostel and the years you spent the're while filling "academics" as the corresponding events done under the period of review.
If say, you spent 4 years in school, fill it maybe June 2007- August 2011.
Then if you spend some months before NYSC while staying with your parents then fill accordingly.

Thanks much...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kathyjex: 10:22am On Mar 10, 2017
hello Gurus Dupyshoo

I have a PFO question.

my employer has a contributory fund for us. It is stated in the employee handbook that when one resigns, you get all the money int he account. Challenge is I cant get them to write anything on that account for me. However, i have the statement of accounts from inception. Currently I have about N2,200,000 in the account and will accrue more by the time i get ITA and submitting POF. I will need to demonstrate POF for family of 5 which is can$26,000 roughly about N6,028,650. my question is:

1. Can I present this said statement of account and include my personal account details (for the balance) as my POF? I am hoping that if i include the employee handbook and highlight the section that states that i have access to the money upon resignation and also include a detailed information in the LOE should suffice. My assumption is that the understanding is that I will have to resign and move to Canada upon receipt of PR.

Abeg, you kind reviews and responses are needed.

thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Moatte: 10:27am On Mar 10, 2017
Hi guys,

I am filling out my intended location....whilst I have heard that Ontario is very busy and not a lot of jobs. I am considering Saskechewan. Is there anyone that has information on this province or any recommendations. We have 2 kids ages 4 and 6. I currently work in a bank but open to other sectors. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:49am On Mar 10, 2017
A letter from you employer that states that you will have access to the money when you resign will be required. I am not sure submitting the statement and employee handbook will be sufficient. It will be a gamble to submit that alone.

Kathyjex:
hello Gurus Dupyshoo

I have a PFO question.

my employer has a contributory fund for us. It is stated in the employee handbook that when one resigns, you get all the money int he account. Challenge is I cant get them to write anything on that account for me. However, i have the statement of accounts from inception. Currently I have about N2,200,000 in the account and will accrue more by the time i get ITA and submitting POF. I will need to demonstrate POF for family of 5 which is can$26,000 roughly about N6,028,650. my question is:

1. Can I present this said statement of account and include my personal account details (for the balance) as my POF? I am hoping that if i include the employee handbook and highlight the section that states that i have access to the money upon resignation and also include a detailed information in the LOE should suffice. My assumption is that the understanding is that I will have to resign and move to Canada upon receipt of PR.

Abeg, you kind reviews and responses are needed.

thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:49am On Mar 10, 2017
ebho:
Good Morning House.

I received expression of interest from Ontario but I need an urgent response on how to draft a gift deed and to whom it will be addressed to.

Thanks Hous

This issue has been addressed severally on this thread. Use the search tool at the top of this page to Google "gift deed". Check the ones that appear in the Travel section, particularly this thread.

By the way, when did you get your NOI from Ontario?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:53am On Mar 10, 2017
There is no restriction to where you can settle once you have got your PR. Only those that got PR through Quebec or PNP have restrictions. You can decide to choose any province you want.

Saskatchewan is cool, good for family, cheap and affordable accommodation but you might be better off in other provinces when you are considering job prospects.

Moatte:
Hi guys,

I am filling out my intended location....whilst I have heard that Ontario is very busy and not a lot of jobs. I am considering Saskechewan. Is there anyone that has information on this province or any recommendations. We have 2 kids ages 4 and 6. I currently work in a bank but open to other sectors. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Moatte: 11:11am On Mar 10, 2017
dupyshoo:
There is no restriction to where you can settle once you have got your PR. Only those that got PR through Quebec or PNP have restrictions. You can decide to choose any province you want.

Saskatchewan is cool, good for family, cheap and affordable accommodation but you might be better off in other provinces when you are considering job prospects.

Thanks dupyshoo

So is it possible to give an idea of these provinces....I can do further investigations on them

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.