Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,221 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599841 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bigheadday: 7:06pm On Mar 17, 2017
Intrepid01:

Don't worry chief, you'll be better next time. Please did you pay online and how did you do it?

I am tying to pay for IELTS exam online...thanks.

@Intrepid01... Yes I paid online using the account information provided online. You just need to follow the payment information e.g. (put the last four digit of ur application number and also fill in the month you're taking the exam in figure)
Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by damidamsel: 7:42pm On Mar 17, 2017
bodeface:
Please, can somebody help me, in IELTS listening test, is everyone going to have an earpiece or the test will be broadcast once to everyone in the test hall since the message will not be repeated.

Also during the listening period is it possible to pencil down somethings or what are the general skill that could be of help. Thanks for all responses in advance
temitope06:

You'll have headphones and it will be listened to just once. You'll have breaks tho, like questions 1-5 then 6-10 etc not just straight 1-40.

Yea you can write down stuff on your question paper, major skill you need is 100% concentration. Forget ur neighbour with big yansh, listen attentively.

I believe it depends on the centre. However practise ,concentration and speed is key. Like temitope06 said the questions will be broken down in parts, you are to pen down your answers as you hear it and you will be given time after each section to review your answers. I got a 9.0 in my Listening and all i did was a lot of practise. The first thing i do is to quickly read through the sentences so as to know what i am 'listening for'. I stay alert for statements that throw you off balance e.g The bus leaves at ____ a.m. The recording might say "The bus used to leave at 7am. It was determined that leaving by 6.55am would save more time but in considering cost efficiency, it has been scheduled for 6.45am" ......... Definitely the answer is 6.45am

My 1cent!!!

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Intrepid01(m): 8:13pm On Mar 17, 2017
tollu:
Officially signing in as a member of this thread and casting off my monitoring spirit cape.

Thanks to Zandora who started the thread and everyone who has been contributing so far, (we'll miss you Dupsyshoo!) I have no questions at this time. You guys have been amazing.

IELTS results came in today and I'm super excited!
Listening: 8.5
Reading: 9.0
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 7.5

Waiting for UNILAG to gimme my certificate o, still not ready and I'm using IQAS for the evaluation so I must provide a copy.
Anyways, proceeded with the transcript request. I believe all things will fall into place in God's own time.

Just wanted to check in. Will try to be more regular.

Congrats....Pls share how you prepared and the preparation materials you used. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 8:40pm On Mar 17, 2017
colegold100:
@tol lu..kindly share how u prepared to for the test and materials...Thanks in anticipation..

Intrepid01:

Congrats....Pls share how you prepared and the preparation materials you used. Thanks.

I used ieltsliz.com and YouTube videos basically and practiced a number of tests on both platforms.

I hate to write but know I can, so didn't actually write anything during preparations but one letter. But read tips on writing and watched videos too.

Bottom line, read tips, practiced samples and God ultimately.

Just to share a couple of tips

Listening: Focus, concentrate, if you miss a beat here, you can easily lose track of the whole section.
Practice a lot and then practice some more. This will help you know your weak areas and how to really listen per IELTS.

Reading: Skim the passages, read the questions and then look for the answers. You need to understand the question well in order to know what you're looking for.

Speaking: Just be natural. There's nothing to it and your 68k is part of the examiner's salary so don't be intimidated.
I mean, we've been speaking English for donkey years.

Writing: There's a format to help your train of thought.
4 paragraphs - Introduction, statement one, statement two and finally conclusion.

IELTS Liz and YouTube will help greatly with building on these tips.
All the best!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nievel: 8:56pm On Mar 17, 2017
Lucky you. This IELTS matter is frustrating. Second time writting saw result today.
7 listening, 8 reading, 7.5 speaking, 7 writting. My score is 391 if I got 8 in listening it would be 441.

Please Has anyone tried remarking listening or reading? Since its multiple choice will score change?

Ild really hate to take this exam again. It's so subjective and not even cheap!

[qquote author=tollu post=54690367]

I used ieltsliz.com and YouTube videos basically and practiced a number of tests on both platforms.

I hate to write but know I can, so didn't actually write anything during preparations but one letter. But read tips on writing and watched videos too.

Bottom line, read tips, practiced samples and God ultimately.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 9:06pm On Mar 17, 2017
^^^
The difference a point can make is so massive.
Please don't give up, I read on this thread of someone whose listening was upgraded. Can't remember who now but if you feel like you did better than the results show, then please give the remarking a shot.

All the best Nievel!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e2: 9:14pm On Mar 17, 2017
damidamsel:
Hi All, Good day and Happy Friday!!! I do have a question to which all advise will be highly appreciated. In getting all docs ready (received ITA 3wks ago but stalling due to fbi pcc) and reading through recent comments, i realized some said i can take out my spouse work history and move to personal history, i however do need clarification. I see that i only got points for my hubby's ielts but no points for education (as I claimed no evaluation) and no points for work. However the entire funds for the trip is in my hubby's acct though i have access. We tried changing it to a joint account but not possible so we decided he will move it to me and give me a gift deed....
1) With this situation, can i still take out his work history and put in personal history so we don't need to get reference
2) Do we need to explain the source of his funds?
3) Would i need his bank statement or not
4) I have a current acct n savings acct in gtb, an acct in stanchart, one in stanbic and a biz acct in Diamond. I also have a foreign acct. Off all these, the only acct with tangible funds (over 500k) is the biz account. Do i need to include all the statement for these accounts.
5) Do we need to include daughter's (she is less than a year old) bank statement too as i am the signatory because i read somewhere that all bank statements are required undecided
6) Do landed properties count as pof
7) I am currently self employed running prof devt training through my cac registered company which i added as part of employment, what do i submit as proof? Would cac doc and letter from clients suffice?

Sorry for my million and one questions, trying to cross all t's and dot all i's. Thanks

wish i could give u solid answers..
on a day like this, we really need the seniors and d seasoned people to help answer these questions.
pls can someone authoritatively analyse these questions?
thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 10:20pm On Mar 17, 2017
1. Yes, you should take out his work history and add to personal history.
2. You don't need to explain his source of funds. He can simply transfer to you and write an LOE. No need for gift deed since it's coming from your spouse.
3. You will not need his bank statement.
4. You could include all the statements you have access to, but the most important is the account that would have the POF he transfers to.
5. No, you do not need to include your daughter's bank statement.
6. No they do not, except they are being sold and the cash deposited in your account.
7. CAC doc should suffice and a letter from the company singed by HR if you have any or a partner.

damidamsel:
Hi All, Good day and Happy Friday!!! I do have a question to which all advise will be highly appreciated. In getting all docs ready (received ITA 3wks ago but stalling due to fbi pcc) and reading through recent comments, i realized some said i can take out my spouse work history and move to personal history, i however do need clarification. I see that i only got points for my hubby's ielts but no points for education (as I claimed no evaluation) and no points for work. However the entire funds for the trip is in my hubby's acct though i have access. We tried changing it to a joint account but not possible so we decided he will move it to me and give me a gift deed....
1) With this situation, can i still take out his work history and put in personal history so we don't need to get reference
2) Do we need to explain the source of his funds?
3) Would i need his bank statement or not
4) I have a current acct n savings acct in gtb, an acct in stanchart, one in stanbic and a biz acct in Diamond. I also have a foreign acct. Off all these, the only acct with tangible funds (over 500k) is the biz account. Do i need to include all the statement for these accounts.
5) Do we need to include daughter's (she is less than a year old) bank statement too as i am the signatory because i read somewhere that all bank statements are required undecided
6) Do landed properties count as pof
7) I am currently self employed running prof devt training through my cac registered company which i added as part of employment, what do i submit as proof? Would cac doc and letter from clients suffice?

Sorry for my million and one questions, trying to cross all t's and dot all i's. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by alt3r3g0: 10:38pm On Mar 17, 2017
Eghosa123:

Thanks I'm 34.
I used the calculator and it says grand total is 515.
Will go through my profile again and see if anything can be adjusted, otherwise I don't know what to do with it.

When i tried using that age i got 451. Maybe you filled the first part for work experience which reffers to Canadian work experience.

Either way the tool is accurate so your score should actually be 451 or thereabout.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jugzy: 11:29pm On Mar 17, 2017
Question 7: In addition to what boldinc said I think you can also add letters from your clients if you have them. I read it somewhere on CIC website but I can't remember where.

boldinc:
2. You don't need to explain his source of funds. He can simply transfer to you and write an LOE. No need for gift deed since it's coming from your spouse.
4. You could include all the statements you have access to, but the most important is the account that would have the POF he transfers to.
6. No they do not, except they are being sold and the cash deposited in your account.
7. CAC doc should suffice and a letter from the company singed by HR if you have any or a partner.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jassymama: 11:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
tollu:
Officially signing in as a member of this thread and casting off my monitoring spirit cape.

Thanks to Zandora who started the thread and everyone who has been contributing so far, (we'll miss you Dupsyshoo!) I have no questions at this time. You guys have been amazing.

IELTS results came in today and I'm super excited!
Listening: 8.5
Reading: 9.0
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 7.5

Waiting for UNILAG to gimme my certificate o, still not ready and I'm using IQAS for the evaluation so I must provide a copy.
Anyways, proceeded with the transcript request. I believe all things will fall into place in God's own time.

Just wanted to check in. Will try to be more regular.

I think u can use attestation, there is no harm in trying instead of waiting indefinitely.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jassymama: 11:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
HTC2017:
Has someone responded to this?

If not, please let me know.

Send a pm to 40manlappy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by meagainstdem: 3:21am On Mar 18, 2017
Hello N'landers, I just stumbled on this forum after a long time of recess from another N'lander forum. The other one I was indeed really helped! Please I wish to ask these specific questions about migrating to Canada and your candid advice will be appreciated. My wife and I, studying in South Africa presently (Me- PhD in Electrical, Wife- MSc in Nursing) are planning to start this process under Federal Skilled Worker. We have commenced the processes of gathering all our transcripts in Nigeria for evaluation by WES or IQAS and are in the process of sitting for the IELTS here in SA. My spouse has well over 10 years working experience, degree in Nursing, Diploma certificates in Midwifery and Public Health, PGDE in Education and registration with Nursing Council of Nigeria. I have about 10 years working experience too with MSc and a member of Nigeria's COREN, NSE and world's IEEE. With these few local profiles, plus the huge financial involvement and the stress,
- what are our chances in this new pursuit? Also, I read about WES and IQAS being provincial assessment agencies. For those of us who are yet to decide which province to go,
- which of these is more suitable to take? Thank yo all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUnifemi4eva: 4:26am On Mar 18, 2017
Hi, Yes you qualify for EE

Use the CRS calculator to give you an idea of your likely score (read the last 20pages or preferably the whole thread) and revert if you have specific questions.

I can't say if WES or IQAS is better ...they both have their pros and cons.

meagainstdem:
Hello N'landers, I just stumbled on this forum after a long time of recess from another N'lander forum. The other one I was indeed really helped! Please I wish to ask these specific questions about migrating to Canada and your candid advice will be appreciated. My wife and I, studying in South Africa presently (Me- PhD in Electrical, Wife- MSc in Nursing) are planning to start this process under Federal Skilled Worker. We have commenced the processes of gathering all our transcripts in Nigeria for evaluation by WES or IQAS and are in the process of sitting for the IELTS here in SA. My spouse has well over 10 years working experience, degree in Nursing, Diploma certificates in Midwifery and Public Health, PGDE in Education and registration with Nursing Council of Nigeria. I have about 10 years working experience too with MSc and a member of Nigeria's COREN, NSE and world's IEEE. With these few local profiles, plus the huge financial involvement and the stress,
- what are our chances in this new pursuit? Also, I read about WES and IQAS being provincial assessment agencies. For those of us who are yet to decide which province to go,
- which of these is more suitable to take? Thank yo all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e2: 5:55am On Mar 18, 2017
boldinc:

Thanks so much @ boldinc. you have done well...

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e2: 5:56am On Mar 18, 2017
jugzy:
Question 7: In addition to what boldinc said I think you can also add letters from your clients if you have them. I read it somewhere on CIC website but I can't remember where.

Thanks @ jugzy...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:46am On Mar 18, 2017
HTC2017:
Has someone responded to this?

If not, please let me know.

Responded smiley

Looping: Dmatrix1, jassymama
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 6:48am On Mar 18, 2017
JESUnifemi4eva:

I can't say if WES or IQAS is better ...they both have their pros and cons.

Please, what are the cons of IQAS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:08am On Mar 18, 2017
@tollu: As suggested by jassymama, you can try an attestation in the meantime.

meagainstdem: IMO, it doesn't matter where you wish to settle down in Canada. You can use either WES or IQAS for your credential assessment.

I will recommend IQAS for quicker turnaround time. My wife's colleague just got her ECA report (BSc+MSc) from IQAS after just 15 working days of processing.

Interestingly, this TAT was stated on their website. WES is yet to beat that record.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 7:32am On Mar 18, 2017
Alekhine:
Good Evening. I will like to ask if it is possible to do WES certificate assessment with Statement of result instead of School certificate cause i have not collected my certificate from my University.
Thanks.

Statement of result will be fine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 7:33am On Mar 18, 2017
meagainstdem:
Hello N'landers, I just stumbled on this forum after a long time of recess from another N'lander forum. The other one I was indeed really helped! Please I wish to ask these specific questions about migrating to Canada and your candid advice will be appreciated. My wife and I, studying in South Africa presently (Me- PhD in Electrical, Wife- MSc in Nursing) are planning to start this process under Federal Skilled Worker. We have commenced the processes of gathering all our transcripts in Nigeria for evaluation by WES or IQAS and are in the process of sitting for the IELTS here in SA. My spouse has well over 10 years working experience, degree in Nursing, Diploma certificates in Midwifery and Public Health, PGDE in Education and registration with Nursing Council of Nigeria. I have about 10 years working experience too with MSc and a member of Nigeria's COREN, NSE and world's IEEE. With these few local profiles, plus the huge financial involvement and the stress, what are our chances in this new pursuit? Also, I read about WES and IQAS being provincial assessment agencies. For those of us who are yet to decide which province to go, which of these is more suitable to take? Thank yo all.

How old are you two?

Calculate your potential scores using the CRS tool to know who would be in the best position to apply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 7:41am On Mar 18, 2017
The only downside IQAS has is that many (if not most) professional bodies in Canada do not accept their evaluation. They would request you do WES evaluation when you eventually want to get into your profession on landing.

This is for people in professions that would demand credential assessment and do not want to go through the stress of re-evaluating.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Topmag: 7:52am On Mar 18, 2017
[quote author=sammyacbxyz post=54613854]Mine is peculiar to the unit - field tax audit.

I think you should attach a copy of ur job duties. That's what I did, although it was different from what was in the reference letter, but it was similar in most cases

Hello deeore, pls my husband also works with in tax audit unit. please I'll like to know wot NOC code you think is best. thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:02am On Mar 18, 2017
@SlowlybtSurely

Thanks for sharing the above information. Not aware of this until now.

I recommended IQAS as it may allow one to enter the EE pool more quickly, especially in view of lowered scores for ITA. No one knows when the scores may go up again.

From the information that you have provided, if one doesn't mind the cost of reevaluation upon landing, IQAS is just fine.

The ECA that I did through ICAS for my BSc in 2015 took over 6 months! shocked

Incidentally, I had sent my MBA transcript to them for upgrading before I decided to go for IQAS to take advantage of the lowered CRS scores.

Guess I can still complete ICAS ECA later. Anyone that doesn't mind the processing time may go for WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by happymumtobe: 8:10am On Mar 18, 2017
Hello house..please is there any hospital that offers Saturday medicals or can my husband do his medical in abuja and I do mine in Lagos as he isn't available weekdays to do it together..I hope doing it at different hospital won't be a problem.thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:16am On Mar 18, 2017
eaglemaniac:
Hello everyone, I just got a PNP nomination and would be expecting to get ITA in the next draw.

If I may ask, which province is this please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Mrtoke: 9:01am On Mar 18, 2017
Hi all,

I recently got married in an Islamic marriage way but I need an official marriage certificate that can probably be used possibly for future visa purpose.
I'm considering collecting one from my local government registry but I'm bothered if embassies recognize that or it must compulsory come from federal court registry ?Please I kindly need guide from experienced individual here,thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 9:02am On Mar 18, 2017
He can do his medicals in Abuja with one of the approved panel physicians. Let him just scan the medical sheet he will be given afterwards to you. Different hospitals is not a problem
happymumtobe:
Hello house..please is there any hospital that offers Saturday medicals or can my husband do his medical in abuja and I do mine in Lagos as he isn't available weekdays to do it together..I hope doing it at different hospital won't be a problem.thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by meagainstdem: 9:02am On Mar 18, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

How old are you two?

Calculate your potential scores using the CRS tool to know who would be in the best position to apply.

@ SlowlybtSurely

I'll be 41 in august while my wife is 35 in June. I'v been concerned about the figures though!

Then I read about the PNP, how does one get nominated?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 9:05am On Mar 18, 2017
It does not matter whether it is a federal or local registry so far the certificate presented is recognized by Nigerian government but make sure it is genuine.

Mrtoke:
Hi all,

I recently got married in an Islamic marriage way but I need an official marriage certificate that can probably be used possibly for future visa purpose.
I'm considering collecting one from my local government registry but I'm bothered if embassies recognize that or it must compulsory come from federal court registry ?Please I kindly need guide from experienced individual here,thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 9:17am On Mar 18, 2017
It does not matter whether it is a federal or local registry so far the certificate presented is recognized by Nigerian government but make sure it is genuine. When you are filling date of marriage, put the date on the certificate and not when you did the Islamic marriage. You can then write a LOE explaining your circumstance.
Mrtoke:
Hi all,

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 9:22am On Mar 18, 2017
jassymama:

I think u can use attestation, there is no harm in trying instead of waiting indefinitely.

Thanks Jassymama and 40manlappy, I'll look into this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.