Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2607853 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 5:54am On Mar 19, 2017
Apple19:

Really appreciate your reply sis. Sincerely I just checked through the pages, didn't read them.....its much for me that's why i asked these questions.
Also,the CRS tool requested foe IELTS and since i don't have it, i just stoped there. In a nutshell, I NEED HELP

Since you already know about IELTS, you can simulate scores and use your educational qualifications to determine your likely CRS scores. Both of you can decide on who should be the principal applicant and schedule a test through the British Council/IELTS website (of course, after thorough preparation).

You also need to kick-start your credential assessment (WES or IQAS) immediately. Check their websites for more information.

Let me emphasise this: There is no shortcut to reading. Either you or your hubby must create time to understand the process if you really want to apply. It is a worthy investment of your time.

Most of the questions that you may have would have been answered on these pages. It's like engaging an Immigration Agent for free.

Take advantage of it. The help you seek is already here.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 6:57am On Mar 19, 2017
Apple19:

Really appreciate your reply sis. Sincerely I just checked through the pages, didn't read them.....its much for me that's why i asked these questions.
Also,the CRS tool requested foe IELTS and since i don't have it, i just stoped there. In a nutshell, I NEED HELP

Use the minimum required score to try which is L. 8, S. 7, W. 7, R. 7. (Then for ur actual exam try to make same scores or surpass it) input All other info which will be accurate, the CRS tool is just to give u an idea of ur pool scores.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 7:26am On Mar 19, 2017
Apple19:

Read the 1st page of this thread I.e page 0, to get a grasp of what the whole process entails.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 7:50am On Mar 19, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:
The only downside IQAS has is that many (if not most) professional bodies in Canada do not accept their evaluation. They would request you do WES evaluation when you eventually want to get into your profession on landing.

This is for people in professions that would demand credential assessment and do not want to go through the stress of re-evaluating.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Eghosa123: 9:08am On Mar 19, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Congratulations! So how did u calculate it before. And you've been in the pool since last year, you for don reach Canada by now if to say u do am correctly from the beginning. Congratulations! Now it's to wait for the next draw.

Honestly I still don't know what mistakes I made. But I'm just happy it's what it should be now.
Thank you. Hopeful for the next draw
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Eghosa123: 9:16am On Mar 19, 2017
Morbolar:

Hi 40manlappy.
WES just acknowledged receipt of my documents and hubby's. Pls like how long does it take for the evaluation report to be out.

Hello, Did they acknowledge the transcripts or was it verification that they acknowledged?
Cos if your Uni is a Nigerian one they will ask for further verification of results from the University once they receive your transcripts. If it's the verification they have received it shouldn't take more than 5 working days from now. But if it's just the transcripts they received you still have some 2-4 weeks to go depending on how fast your school is to respond. If you are using a U.K. school your evaluation should be complete in 3-5 working days from now.This is based on my own experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jugzy: 11:06am On Mar 19, 2017
Here you go!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp

Is there a way to check when the next round if ITAs will happen? if yes please share how to check[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by meagainstdem: 11:25am On Mar 19, 2017
Hello house, I attempted using my GT bank master card for WES payment today and it was declined saying 'Auth Declined'. Please how can I get through this as I'm not based in Nigeria presently. More so I used the same card for a $13 US Dollar transaction earlier in the week. Any advice on this please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Morbolar: 12:31pm On Mar 19, 2017
Eghosa123:

Hello, Did they acknowledge the transcripts or was it verification that they acknowledged?
Cos if your Uni is a Nigerian one they will ask for further verification of results from the University once they receive your transcripts. If it's the verification they have received it shouldn't take more than 5 working days from now. But if it's just the transcripts they received you still have some 2-4 weeks to go depending on how fast your school is to respond. If you are using a U.K. school your evaluation should be complete in 3-5 working days from now.This is based on my own experience.

Thanks Eghosa
They just acknowledged the transcript not verification yet. We are both evaluating OAU degrees. I just hope this veryfication process will be sharp sharp...no time to waste. Lolll
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Morbolar: 12:44pm On Mar 19, 2017
Eghosa123:

Thanks Eghosa
They just acknowledged the transcript not verification yet. We are both evaluating OAU degrees. I just hope this verification process will be sharp sharp...no time to waste. Lolll
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pabloXL: 12:47pm On Mar 19, 2017
Morning everyone, does having a first degree relative as a Canadian add to express entry points. In my research I didn't come across that but I keep hearing it does! Can the gurus help me out? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by studyexec: 2:24pm On Mar 19, 2017
meagainstdem:
Hello house, I attempted using my GT bank master card for WES payment today and it was declined saying 'Auth Declined'. Please how can I get through this as I'm not based in Nigeria presently. More so I used the same card for a $13 US Dollar transaction earlier in the week. Any advice on this please?

You will not be able to use the MasterCard ( naira denominated, i suppose) because of the limitation on transaction value placed by banks. GTB's limit is $100 monthly.

Your best bet is to use a foreign currency denominated card.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by IyawoToBe(f): 2:37pm On Mar 19, 2017
damidamsel:

Mega thanks......
Hi Damidamsel, pls I sent you PM. I'd really appreciate your response. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by byskoye: 3:23pm On Mar 19, 2017
Noc 0122 is only for managers.
merrymum:

@Byskoye. Is this last statement from you? That we should use 6235, not 0122. Please help explain more, so we can be sure we are on the right track abeg. Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by meagainstdem: 4:37pm On Mar 19, 2017
studyexec:

You will not be able to use the MasterCard ( naira denominated, i suppose) because of the limitation on transaction value placed by banks. GTB's limit is $100 monthly.

Your best bet is to use a foreign currency denominated card.

Thanks, same thing I was told on querying the customer care via chat.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jig5aw(f): 4:49pm On Mar 19, 2017
Please in the CRS evaluation, what is the meaning of Canadian Work experience? Do they expect immigrants to have Canadian work exposure? Or is it about my experience in my line of work?

Please anybody?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
Jig5aw:
Please in the CRS evaluation, what is the meaning of Canadian Work experience? Do they expect immigrants to have Canadian work exposure? Or is it about my experience in my line of work?

Please anybody?

That is for those who have worked in canada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by merrymum: 5:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
byskoye:
Noc 0122 is only for managers.

Ok. Thanks lots
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by colegold100: 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2017
Good evening house,

Please anyone with contact to follow up Unilag on transcript to WES? Your prompt response would be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bob12: 1:29am On Mar 20, 2017
colegold100:
Good evening house,

Please anyone with contact to follow up Unilag on transcript to WES? Your prompt response would be appreciated.

I will advise you go to the school in person (Ground Floor Senate building first - to verify that your request was received and passed on...Then go to Room 164 to confirm it has been passed on to WES)
I did this twice before I got mine processed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Faky201: 3:58am On Mar 20, 2017
colegold100:
Good evening house,

Pm me for the contact
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Faky201: 4:02am On Mar 20, 2017
colegold100:
Good evening house,

Pm me for the contact
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by arinola2: 5:14am On Mar 20, 2017
Morbolar:

Thanks Eghosa
They just acknowledged the transcript not verification yet. We are both evaluating OAU degrees. I just hope this veryfication process will be sharp sharp...no time to waste. Lolll

As Eghosa mentioned, its actually in 2 stages;

(1) WES acknowledging they have received your documents (transcript) from school & also photocopy of your certificate.
Status will change to "Document received (review in progress)"

(2) WES will usually send a mail to your school (Nigeria school as my own case) for some verification.
When school responds and WES get the feedback, your status will change to "Document received, evaluation in progress"

Note;
At this stage , it depends on the workload at hand (at WES), it varies between 2~4 weeks (mine took 4 week - 19/20 working days);
Also you have to send them an email once or twice a week to ensure it doesn't even go beyond 2~4 weeks.

======MY TIMELINE FOR WES VERIFICATION======

> 03-Jan-2017: Paid for WES
> 04-Jan-2017: Send certificate (photocopy) to WES (via Nipost)
> 04-Jan-2017: Transcript payment to school (To be sent to WES)
> 06-Jan-2016: Transcript sent to WES from school
> 20-Jan,2017: Document received (review in progress)
> 10-Feb,2017: Waiting for verification from institution-----Status changed on WES portal/site
> 14-Feb,2017: School started working on WES request.
> 21-Feb,2017: School sent document to WES.
> 22-Feb,2017: Document received, evaluation in progress-----Status changed on WES portal/site
> 15-Mar-2017: WES evaluation completed

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by damidamsel: 10:07am On Mar 20, 2017
IyawoToBe:
Hi Damidamsel, pls I sent you PM. I'd really appreciate your response. Thanks

I responded......guess u can pm me directly now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by meagainstdem: 11:15am On Mar 20, 2017
Hello house, pls I need this answer urgently. I had already created profile and been assigned a reference number by WES but unfortunately got stuck at the point of payment. This is because I couldn't meet up with any of the methods of payment, hence requiring trying other payment options that could result to one more week waiting time. My question is that will the reference number not be changed or the application be cancelled during this time? Those that want to assist in processing my transcript in my various schools are on my neck for instruction to allow them go ahead, but yet they would need the reference number for anytn. Can I give them the reference number already generated while I sort out the payment or I should just wait until the payment is sorted. Please I need a quick response please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by behati: 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2017
meagainstdem:
Hello house, pls I need this answer urgently.
you can go ahead with the generated reference number in posting your documents as this is not likely to change after making payment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by meagainstdem: 1:05pm On Mar 20, 2017
behati:
you can go ahead with the generated reference number in posting your documents as this is not likely to change after making payment.

Thank you, if this is sure I think I can risk it and proceed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iykedpetes(m): 2:25pm On Mar 20, 2017
[quote author=arinola2 post=54758445]

As Eghosa mentioned, its actually in 2 stages;

(1) WES acknowledging they have received your documents (transcript) from school & also photocopy of your certificate.
Status will change to "Document received (review in progress)"

(2) WES will usually send a mail to your school (Nigeria school as my own case) for some verification.
When school responds and WES get the feedback, your status will change to "Document received, evaluation in progress"

Note;
At this stage , it depends on the workload at hand (at WES), it varies between 2~4 weeks (mine took 4 week - 19/20 working days);
Also you have to send them an email once or twice a week to ensure it doesn't even go beyond 2~4 weeks.

======MY TIMELINE FOR WES VERIFICATION======

> 03-Jan-2017: Paid for WES
> 04-Jan-2017: Send certificate (photocopy) to WES (via Nipost)
> 04-Jan-2017: Transcript payment to school (To be sent to WES)
> 06-Jan-2016: Transcript sent to WES from school
> 20-Jan,2017: Document received (review in progress)
> 10-Feb,2017: Waiting for verification from institution-----Status changed on WES portal/site
> 14-Feb,2017: School started working on WES request.
> 21-Feb,2017: School sent document to WES.
> 22-Feb,2017: Document received, evaluation in progress-----Status changed on WES portal/site
> 15-Mar-2017: WES evaluation completed
[/quote.. love it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by maridrug(m): 2:45pm On Mar 20, 2017
Hello team,
I am new on this thread.
Can I be guided on how to get through to Canada without these agents in town?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yingman: 2:59pm On Mar 20, 2017
you welcome

Just start from page 0 down here.
be patient and take your time, but if you need any clarification afterwards, feel free to drop your questions.

maridrug:
Hello team,
I am new on this thread.
Can I be guided on how to get through to Canada without these agents in town?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by peppers: 3:15pm On Mar 20, 2017
tollu:
Officially signing in as a member of this thread and casting off my monitoring spirit cape.

Thanks to Zandora who started the thread and everyone who has been contributing so far, (we'll miss you Dupsyshoo!) I have no questions at this time. You guys have been amazing.

IELTS results came in today and I'm super excited!
Listening: 8.5
Reading: 9.0
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 7.5

Waiting for UNILAG to gimme my certificate o, still not ready and I'm using IQAS for the evaluation so I must provide a copy.
Anyways, proceeded with the transcript request. I believe all things will fall into place in God's own time.

Just wanted to check in. Will try to be more regular.

Hi please I sent you a PM. Your IELTS result is everything. Please mail me back when you can. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 3:32pm On Mar 20, 2017
peppers:

Hi please I sent you a PM. Your IELTS result is everything. Please mail me back when you can. Thank you

Hi Peppers, thanks!
Got the PM notification but unfortunately I don't have access to my NL email atm. Please let's communicate here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.