Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2607575 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 15, 2017
walebaba2008:
yes. WES has been assessing NOUN postgraduate degrees positively. Especiaally master of science in Information Technology. I'm not sure of IQAS though.

Happy to hear dis! Exactly what I want to evaluate i.e. M.Sc. IT. Thanks bro!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by behati: 3:29pm On Apr 15, 2017
freeradical:
Please how I need someone to assist me with a good contact for Nigeria PCC. Thank you
PM me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 3:32pm On Apr 15, 2017
freeradical:
Please how I need someone to assist me with a good contact for Nigeria PCC. Thank you

Not necessary. If you are in Lagos, Walk into Alagbon and you will see multiple persons asking you if you want PCC. Choose any and negotiate for a price not more than 5k. Remember, not more than 5k. Anything higher is cheating.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Spatz81: 3:33pm On Apr 15, 2017
Osemigho:

Not necessary. If you are in Lagos, Walk into Alagbon and you will see multiple persons asking you if you want PCC. Choose any and negotiate for a price not more than 5k. Remember, not more than 5k. Anything higher is cheating.

police officers or touts?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 15, 2017
Lordnath:

What's your CRS with your current IELTS ?

357 though without spouse IELTS and credentials evaluation. Scoring 8 in speaking will make it 413. Cos my sister is there, I'm gonna claim d extra 15 points to be introduced from june 6 and dat shoots my score to 428 which is higher than d last cutoff i.e. 423.

If I can spare around 150k for wife's IELTS exam and Credential evaluation I should get an additional 20 at least to gimme 448. Just thinking of d next step. To request for a remark in listening to see if my score could jump to 8 from 7.5 or rewrite IELTS in about a month's time and hope to score better. What do u think guyz?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 3:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
behati:

Hi, any particular reason you're in a hurry to obtain PR status seeing that you'd be starting your masters soon at Uni of Calgary? Unless you're scared of rules changing after you complete your program, i'll advice you wait till then as you wouldn't need an ECA for a Canadian degree. However, if you decide to go ahead with PR, then you can evaluate your BSc and Nce and hope to claim 'two or more degrees'. Also, you could claim points for your one year NYSC experience as long as it falls under NOC 0, A or B and you can substantiate it with reference letters and other proof required.

1: Cheaper fees for permanent residents.

2: laws and policies are liable to change anytime. UK was once smiling and many rushed in hoping to smile after study. However, the policy changed and dashed their hope before the end of their study.

Apart from above two points, I don't see why I shouldn't try it now, if I am qualified too. I have introduced some of friends with Msc qualification into it, and am wondering why I shouldn't try if I can get "two cert" with my current qualification. No big deal in trying, they say.

The Nysc issue is there. I don't think I can claim 1 year, considering that Nysc is 11months + 1 month leave. Apart from that, my set was the start of two streams in one batch and I was second batch which resume camp one month after stream 1 but completed service with them. So, I literally served at my ppa (a public sec sch) for 10months.

Any opinion or advise from you and others is highly welcomed.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 3:58pm On Apr 15, 2017
Spatz81:

police officers or touts?

In 9ja, is there any difference between both? Lol.

Real police officers hustling their life.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Lordnath(m): 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2017
bigbroda:

357 though without spouse IELTS and credentials evaluation. Scoring 8 in speaking will make it 413. Cos my sister is there, I'm gonna claim d extra 15 points to be introduced from june 6 and dat shoots my score to 428 which is higher than d last cutoff i.e. 423.
If I can spare around 150k for wife's IELTS exam and Credential evaluation I should get an additional 20 at least to gimme 443. Just thinking of d next step. To request for a remark in listening to see if my score could jump to 8 from 7.5 or rewrite IELTS in about a month's time and hope to score better. What do u think guyz?
Bro I'll personally advise you rewrite IELTS, and get wifey to write her IELTS and get her ECA. All hands you can find on deck. This is a big move, give it everything you've got. You might just focus on a June Invitation, by that time you would have achieved better IELTS score, got points support from wifey and claim fresh points based on sibling being a PR or Citizen.

This is what I feel is the best course to take and it's open to criticism from more experienced members.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Folatem: 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by crazyinlove: 4:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
Hi guys,

Please can someone tell me how I can pay for the WES as I cant pay more than $100 with my GTB Card.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cookies: 4:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
Spatz81:

its is okay as long as the period when you were self employed is indicated in the Personal history section and the dates jives with when you were married. I guess you are in a safe place. IMO

Will I need to include further details/evidence to show that I was self employed before marriage?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 4:19pm On Apr 15, 2017
crazyinlove:
Hi guys,

Please can someone tell me how I can pay for the WES as I cant pay more than $100 with my GTB Card.

Thanks

Use a dom account card or get someone in Canada to pay for u.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 4:26pm On Apr 15, 2017
@bigbroda

If funds is not an issue, I will suggest that you should evaluate your wife's qualification immediately through IQAS and get her registered for IELTS. ECA should be out in 15 working days or less which should come in handy. You can always update your profile later with her IELTS result.

What are your current IELTS scores? You may also consider writing IELTS again but I think I have read on this thread that someone got a positive remark in Listening. You can explore that if your test is recent.

Remember, scores may go up from June so target entering the pool before the last draw in May. Time is of essence here.

You can't bank on having a sibling in Canada alone (15 points). There would be applicants who have that plus TEF. The latter will give them up to 30 points from June 6.

Looping: Bimpsy99
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 15, 2017
Osemigho:

LMAO..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 15, 2017
Lordnath:

Bro I'll personally advice you rewrite IELTS, and get wifey to write her IELTS and get her ECA. All hands you can find on deck. This is a big move, give it everything you've got. You might just focus on a June Invitation, by that time you would have achieved better IELTS score, got points support from wifey and claim fresh points based on sibling being a PR or Citizen.

This is what I feel is the best course to take and it's open to criticism from more experienced members.

Thanks so much bro!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
40manlappy:
@bigbroda

If funds is not an issue, I will suggest that you should evaluate your wife's qualification immediately through IQAS and get her registered for IELTS. ECA should be out in 15 working days or less which should come in handy. You can always update your profile later with her IELTS result.

What are your current IELTS scores? You may also consider writing IELTS again but I think I have read on this thread that someone got a positive remark in Listening. You can explore that if your test is recent.

Remember, scores may go up from June so target entering the pool before the last draw in May. Time is of essence here.

You can't bank on having a sibling in Canada alone (15 points). There would be applicants who have that plus TEF. The latter will give them up to 30 points from June 6.

Looping: Bimpsy99

I quite understand every of your points. Thanks bro!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Omonjoe(m): 5:05pm On Apr 15, 2017
Omonjoe:
On POF, can one use ONLY fixed deposit that is just one month old? One is in spouse's name and the other in principal applicant's name.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtaminator: 5:21pm On Apr 15, 2017
Your Nysc will only count if its the same NOC as the job you are using to claim points.

Osemigho:

1: Cheaper fees for permanent residents.

2: laws and policies are liable to change anytime. UK was once smiling and many rushed in hoping to smile after study. However, the policy changed and dashed their hope before the end of their study.

Apart from above two points, I don't see why I shouldn't try it now, if I am qualified too. I have introduced some of friends with Msc qualification into it, and am wondering why I shouldn't try if I can get "two cert" with my current qualification. No big deal in trying, they say.

The Nysc issue is there. I don't think I can claim 1 year, considering that Nysc is 11months + 1 month leave. Apart from that, my set was the start of two streams in one batch and I was second batch which resume camp one month after stream 1 but completed service with them. So, I literally served at my ppa (a public sec sch) for 10months.

Any opinion or advise from you and others is highly welcomed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 15, 2017
40manlappy:
@anaxagoras

Can you get an attestation or statement of result from NOUN? If yes, you can use it in lieu of the certificate.

If you wish to enter the EE pool as quickly as possible, I will suggest that you use IQAS. Processing time is a maximum of 15 working days.

PS: Please find out if foreign bodies have been assessing NOUN postgraduate degrees positively.
They have!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 15, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 15, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 5:34pm On Apr 15, 2017
dtaminator:
Your Nysc will only count if its the same NOC as the job you are using to claim points.

If i enter the pool soon, I Intend to use just the Nysc. Anything from August will mean I will use my my current job.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 5:42pm On Apr 15, 2017
@eboziem Replied
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 15, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Spatz81: 6:04pm On Apr 15, 2017
cookies:

Will I need to include further details/evidence to show that I was self employed before marriage?

if you are not claiming points for the experience you had when you were self employed, then you dont need to proof anything, just indicate it in the personal history section... that is it. but if you are claiming points then you would need to proof it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Spatz81: 6:06pm On Apr 15, 2017
Osemigho:

ok than... 5k per person right? thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by May07037668: 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
Hello House. Please I need your help with some clarifications. I have my IELTS results of L7.5 S7.0 R7.0 W7.5 and ECA assessed as completion of a first professional degree in common law. I have never practiced law and don't intend to. I am 41 years old and the PA. The work experience i want to claim point for is for Purchasing/Procurement Officer. My hubby is 49 years old, a Computer Engineer for more than 15yrs. His ECA not done yet but he has OND,HND and PGD. His IELTS result is L4.5 S7.0 R4.0 W6.0. My concerns are:
1. Can I apply for the SINP? Our score in the EE pool is 340
2. If we can't apply for SINP, what other options are opened for us based on our current profile as narrated above
3. Should I rewrite IELTS as the principal applicant to boost our score or
4. Should my hubby rewrite his?
5. If we don't rewrite our IELTS, do we have a chance in any of the PNP programs anyway?
Hope I have not bored you too much with my epistle but would really appreciate your kind responses and advice.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 6:22pm On Apr 15, 2017
behati:
PM me
Done
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by biggie1o2(m): 6:45pm On Apr 15, 2017
studyexec:

It take 6 - 8 weeks for remarking.
The results will also be frozen during the period so its a long wait for me considering that 2nd June is around the corner. Its really annoying for me as I missed out on expected band in reading by 0.5 but wont remark for now as we await spouse's results. I'v had to re-register for the exam though.

what are my options now? My result was good enough as I made LRSW 6.5/6/7.5/6.5 and I'm having 375 from the CRS calculator. Can I get any PNP to boost my score and chances with 375?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 7:27pm On Apr 15, 2017
miella:

@Osemigho, I can see you smiley

I commot cap for you. Welcome to "the other room". cool

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 7:30pm On Apr 15, 2017
Spatz81:

ok than... 5k per person right? thanks a lot

5k per person. With no contact there, I did mine for that amount. However, I met another fellow, on the same day, that did for 3k. He had a close pal in Alagbon.

So, you can try negotiate lower but never settle for anything higher than 5k.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 7:30pm On Apr 15, 2017
May07037668:
Hello House. Please I need your help with some clarifications. I have my IELTS results of L7.5 S7.0 R7.0 W7.5 and ECA assessed as completion of a first professional degree in common law. I have never practiced law and don't intend to. I am 41 years old and the PA. The work experience i want to claim point for is for Purchasing/Procurement Officer. My hubby is 49 years old, a Computer Engineer for more than 15yrs. His ECA not done yet but he has OND,HND and PGD. His IELTS result is L4.5 S7.0 R4.0 W6.0. My concerns are:
1. Can I apply for the SINP? Our score in the EE pool is 340
2. If we can't apply for SINP, what other options are opened for us based on our current profile as narrated above
3. Should I rewrite IELTS as the principal applicant to boost our score or
4. Should my hubby rewrite his?
5. If we don't rewrite our IELTS, do we have a chance in any of the PNP programs anyway?
Hope I have not bored you too much with my epistle but would really appreciate your kind responses and advice.
Thank you.
Send Arcayo a pm, he went through the SINP route.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.