Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2606833 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bissiejoe: 5:30am On Dec 28, 2015
JesusDWay:
Woohoo!!! Someone I applied to SINP EE Category for this December has been nominated by the province already, left for him to get ITA when the next draw is done. Everyone who's interested should go to their website and familiarize yourself with the procedure, create your profile, fill the forms and attach them such that as soon as they announce it has been opened, you just enter and click submit. I wish everyone who's applied but yet to get a decision the best outcome.
Mine since november is still reading in progress.....why?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by skidmarkz: 7:33am On Dec 28, 2015
Dear Bros and Sis, I used to follow the thread but since things started to take its toll with my life and work, I havent got updated ever since.

I would like to share with you about my time line.

NOC Code......: CIVIL ENGINEER
App. Filed.......: 21-11-2014
Doc's Request.: N/A
Nomination.....: 13-02-2015
AOR Received.: 17-03-2015
Med's Request: 11-12-2015

I have important situations that seek your helps or inputs.

After landing in Canada for 1st time, can I leave Canada without bringing my calid a PR card?
I heard the PR card will take few months to get mailed at a Canada address.

There are few important issues i will need to take care at least until Sep 2017. Meanwhile I already set my Medex (medical exam) on 30 Dec 2015 so it means that theoretically my entry visa shall be given and valid til 30 Dec 2016 (a year from the Medex performed).

Then by the time the PR card arrives at the Canadian mailing address, my friend is able to mail it to my residence address overseas then i will be able to get it.

Q1: Can i enter Canada again? Will my action raise any yellow flag or suspicious from immigration authority?
Q2: When we leave Canada, will we be questioned by a Canadian immigration officer at the Canadian airport? What will happen when they start to ask "Show me your PR card before leaving Canada"? Will this jeopardize my status?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 7:41am On Dec 28, 2015
bissiejoe:

Mine since november is still reading in progress.....why?

One or some combination of factors may be responsible. If there's an issue with any of the documents or forms submitted, if your pof is not 3months prior to application, if your employment reference letter doesn't show all the details required like hours of work, start date and positions held, etc. All these are however are speculations based on comparing those who got nominated fast and those yet to be, we are not SINP folks who can say exactly why(which they hardly do). Your case officer might be responsible as well and they did reply a mail sent to them asking why things are taking long, saying they repose the right to determine when the outcome of one's application will be. So, you can hope and pray for the best to come on time(someone mentioned how he did night vigil for 2months and his September application got nominated, which I'm yet to see any other September application nominated yet)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 8:03am On Dec 28, 2015
skidmarkz:
Dear Bros and Sis, I used to follow the thread but since things started to take its toll with my life and work, I havent got updated ever since.

I would like to share with you about my time line.

NOC Code......: CIVIL ENGINEER
App. Filed.......: 21-11-2014
Doc's Request.: N/A
Nomination.....: 13-02-2015
AOR Received.: 17-03-2015
Med's Request: 11-12-2015

I have important situations that seek your helps or inputs.

After landing in Canada for 1st time, can I leave Canada without bringing my calid a PR card?
I heard the PR card will take few months to get mailed at a Canada address.

There are few important issues i will need to take care at least until Sep 2017. Meanwhile I already set my Medex (medical exam) on 30 Dec 2015 so it means that theoretically my entry visa shall be given and valid til 30 Dec 2016 (a year from the Medex performed).

Then by the time the PR card arrives at the Canadian mailing address, my friend is able to mail it to my residence address overseas then i will be able to get it.

Q1: Can i enter Canada again? Will my action raise any yellow flag or suspicious from immigration authority?
Q2: When we leave Canada, will we be questioned by a Canadian immigration officer at the Canadian airport? What will happen when they start to ask "Show me your PR card before leaving Canada"? Will this jeopardize my status?

Thanks

1.) Well....I'm yet to see anyone who had yellow flag while entering Canada again after leaving initially although, they must not know that you left the country and weren't around as at the time they'll mail your card to the address provided.

2.) You use your Naija passport when leaving Canada, I'm yet to see anyone who was asked for PR Card while leaving Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by twaj: 10:49am On Dec 28, 2015
JesusDWay:

1.) Well....I'm yet to see anyone who had yellow flag while entering Canada again after leaving initially although, they must not know that you left the country and weren't around as at the time they'll mail your card to the address provided.

2.) You use your Naija passport when leaving Canada, I'm yet to see anyone who was asked for PR Card while leaving Canada.

Pls note that CIC has specified that as from March 2016, all PR holder leaving or entering Canada must show their PR card. If you need to leave before your PR card is ready you can apply for a temporary permit to leave.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by skidmarkz: 11:58am On Dec 28, 2015
twaj:

Pls note that CIC has specified that as from March 2016, all PR holder leaving or entering Canada must show their PR card. If you need to leave before your PR card is ready you can apply for a temporary permit to leave.

Hi twaj,

Can you help us to show where you get the info saying that CIC had specified as from Mar 2016, all PR holder can apply for temporary permit to leave before receiving PR card?

Is it from here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/ ?? Permanent resident travel document?

I think the temporary permit to leave is needed when you want to enter Canada again but still you havent received the PR card.

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by twaj: 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2015
skidmarkz:

Hi twaj,

Can you help us to show where you get the info saying that CIC had specified as from Mar 2016, all PR holder can apply for temporary permit to leave before receiving PR card?

Is it from here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/ ?? Permanent resident travel document?

I think the temporary permit to leave is needed when you want to enter Canada again but still you havent received the PR card.

Thanks!

Well, I saw it as a flashing news sometime ago...but not sure which page again. However, 'short landing' is a known fact to CIC, and I am not sure they bother how you get your PR card (after its being sent to your Canada address). What CIC currently emphasize is that for you to reenter Canada you must have your PR card. But why would you want to stay away for so long. The Canadian Immig rules changes anyhow, so I advice you to be careful. I would even prefer that you focus on the completion of the entire process. Having medical request is like almost 50% sure but my brother there is still a long way to go with a lot of prayers for successful completion of the process. I think you should focus on this first...then when you have your PR, then check the rule that is in operation at that time for PR card. I wish you all the best. I am landing before the year runs out and may check more info for you...but pls direct your energy for now on the successful completion of the process.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2015
Hello House,

Please I would like to ask as I really don't understand:
How much is the IELTS for general training(40k or 52k as I see these two prices on IELTS website)?
is there any test center in Calabar?
Please anyone who fully understands WES ECA process could help me out. Do I need to send my WAEC results to them? I didnt attend any polytechnic and I only have a BSc. in Computer science. what docs should I send to WES. I have attached a screenshot for elaboration. thanks a whole lot for anticipated replies.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
morgan2006:
Hello House,

How much is the IELTS for general training(40k or 52k as I see these two prices on IELTS website)?
Please anyone who fully understands WES ECA process could help me out. Do I need to send my WAEC results to them? I didnt attend any polytechnic and I only have a BSc. in Computer science. what docs should I send to WES. I have attached a screenshot for elaboration. thanks a whole lot for anticipated replies.

come 2016 IELTS is 52k, previous charge is 40k. as for Wes you don't need to send your Waec. just Sen CD your Bsc certificate photocopy, then go to your uni and have your bsc transcript sent to Wes. make sure you print the academic document request form. it's on WES website. you also need to apply to WES first and get your WES reference number. the number would be quoted on all your documents.
I also think there is a center in calabar. check British council website. Good luck
@Jesusisdway @zandora... pls shed more light on it for him if I haven't done enough justice

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 10:16pm On Dec 28, 2015
yinx007:

come 2016 IELTS is 52k, previous charge is 40k. as for Wes you don't need to send your Waec. just Sen CD your Bsc certificate photocopy, then go to your uni and have your bsc transcript sent to Wes. make sure you print the academic document request form. it's on WES website. you also need to apply to WES first and get your WES reference number. the number would be quoted on all your documents.
I also think there is a center in calabar. check British council website. Good luck
@Jesusisdway @zandora... pls shed more light on it for him if I haven't done enough justice

Nothing more to shed, you've explained it all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jugzy: 10:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
Hi Yinx007; it states on WES website that the academic document request form is optional; i stand to be corrected pls.
yinx007:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by stevehoney(m): 11:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
I have being following the good work you people are doing please keep it up. I want to ask if the CSCS from the Nigeria stock exchange clearing house can be used as pof or is it only the bank statement?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 12:47am On Dec 29, 2015
stevehoney:
I have being following the good work you people are doing please keep it up. I want to ask if the CSCS from the Nigeria stock exchange clearing house can be used as pof or is it only the bank statement?

I once read somewhere that certain investments are accepted. Examples are: Bank tenured deposits, Treasury bills, Mutual funds etc. But not real estate.

Now, the stocks might be dicey, you know the instability in our economy at this time... If you are ready to forward your application, why not sell the stocks, put the money in any of the options above and use your CSCS + a brief explanatory note as supporting documents?

Note that I am not sure if they accept CSCS or not. The above is just my thought and suggestion.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by skidmarkz: 7:19am On Dec 29, 2015
twaj:

Bro Twaj , i think you can mislead people with your comments..
Can you tell us where it states that from March 2016, you will need your PR card to exit Canada ? For reentry yes, but for Exit ??
I dont see any such info:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 29, 2015
it is stated as optional but it won't cost you anything to print it and attach to requesting for your transcript. I also left it out but my uni requested for it at both bsctranscript room and pg school. to be on the safe side just print and attach to your transcript request

jugzy:
Hi Yinx007; it states on WES website that the academic document request form is optional; i stand to be corrected pls.
morgan2006:
Hello House,

jugzy:
morgan2006:
Hello House,

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 7:51am On Dec 29, 2015
Thanks so much @yinx007. i really appreciate.

yinx007:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ANBAKO: 9:11am On Dec 29, 2015
stevehoney:

It is highly acceptable. In my time I used combination of all my stocks (collected statement from all my stock brikers) and bank statement. I even included my pension fund. I just lump everything together.

Do good for good to come your way
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ANBAKO: 9:11am On Dec 29, 2015
stevehoney:

It us highly acceptable. In my time I used combination of all my stocks (collected statement from all my stock brikers) and bank statement. I even included my pension fund. I just lump everything together.

Do good for good to come your way
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 9:55am On Dec 29, 2015
Hello family,

Please I am registering for my ielts exam online but I am a bit lost. The address I fill on the form is that where my test result will be sent to?

do I say yes to this question and indicate CIC or do I leave it as a NO?:
If you would like your results sent to specific academic institutions, government agencies, professional bodies or employers, please indicate this below.

Results may be sent either electronically or by post to these institutions. The centre may charge a postal fee for results sent internationally or by courier. The Test Report Form will NOT be sent to migration or education agents. Please note that institutions and organisations you specify may access your results before you receive them by post. If you select 'Yes', you will be able to specify up to 5 institutions on the next screen.

Kindly assist. thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Awarri: 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
How do I go about the credential evaluation?

bubsykay:

You stand more than a chance! Just take the IELTS more seriously because its determines how much score you get and how soon you get ITA, you can also start planning for your credential evaluation as it is written in the post you quoted.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Akspet: 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2015
Hello house,
Good evening, I really want go to canada to work there, please can someone help me with some guide lines, like the kind of visa I can apply for, the process it will involve, and a type of trusted organisation I can do dat with....God bless you all with your immediate response...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 5:17pm On Dec 29, 2015
Hello family,

Please I am registering for my ielts exam online but I am a bit lost. The address I fill on the form is that where my test result will be sent to?

If you would like your results sent to specific academic institutions, government agencies, professional bodies or employers, please indicate this below.

Results may be sent either electronically or by post to these institutions. The centre may charge a postal fee for results sent internationally or by courier. The Test Report Form will NOT be sent to migration or education agents. Please note that institutions and organisations you specify may access your results before you receive them by post. If you select 'Yes', you will be able to specify up to 5 institutions on the next screen.

Kindly assist. thank you.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by matmat(m): 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
THANK YOU AND REMAIN BLESS...

JesusDWay:

www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/express-entry

Note that it is presently not open, and the one they are likely to open in January will be the one that is not EE related, called Occupation-in-demand. You will see it it on their site
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 10:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
stevehoney:

Be careful with stocks. I am not sure if it's officially included as part of acceptable POF; I know of mutual funds though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jarkbauer: 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2015
I have a problem. I want submit my application for express entry, however The date of birth on my University Transcript is different from my real date of birth on my birth certificate and my international passport. I wasn't not aware of this till i was given a copy at the transcript office of the university. The disparity was caused by mistake on my admission documents which were filled by my guardian. All efforts to change this was refused by the School authorities even after showing my original birth documents.

Please i need to know the implications of this and advise on what to do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2015
please does WES accept statement of result? thats what I have handy at the moment. can anyone please help me confirm this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jarkbauer: 9:37am On Dec 30, 2015
I have a problem. I want submit my application for express entry, however The date of birth on my University Transcript is different from my real date of birth on my birth certificate and my international passport. I wasn't not aware of this till i was given a copy at the transcript office of the university. The disparity was caused by mistake on my admission documents which were filled by my guardian. All efforts to change this was refused by the School authorities even after showing my original birth documents.

zandora
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 9:38am On Dec 30, 2015
morgan2006:
please does WES accept statement of result? thats what I have handy at the moment. can anyone please help me confirm this?

Yes they do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 9:45am On Dec 30, 2015
jarkbauer:

zandora

Go ahead with your WES evaluation and if after assessing your credentials your ECA has the same dob as your transcript, send an email to WES to rectify this and include your birth certificate. I know someone who was in your shoes and WES updated the ECA for him. You do not need the transcript for the FSW application itself.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 9:46am On Dec 30, 2015
morgan2006:
Hello family,

Kindly assist. thank you.

Yes that's the address your result would be sent to. Don't use CIC, you should put down your own address.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 9:47am On Dec 30, 2015
Akspet:
Hello house,
Good evening, I really want go to canada to work there, please can someone help me with some guide lines, like the kind of visa I can apply for, the process it will involve, and a type of trusted organisation I can do dat with....God bless you all with your immediate response...

Go back to page one of this forum and read the post to see if you're eligible for FSW.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 9:52am On Dec 30, 2015
stevehoney:

Stocks are highly volatile hence there's no way of knowing if the stocks would be equivalent to the required funds at the time your application is processed. My advice would be for you to liquidate your stocks and place the money in your bank account before applying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.