Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2606858 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 11:01pm On Apr 28, 2017
caon:
thank you very 40manlappy,it was helpful.so I work as a pay officer in a financcial institution but my job description fits d NOC 1212 for supervisors,finance and insurance office worker perfectly d problem is that I am nt a supervisor.I was written in my reference letter that I work as an officer in Bleep dept.does it really matter?must I b a supervisor b4 I can apply,I read accounting n my. JB best suits d NOC for supervisors..pls wat can I do.

Do you mind sharing your job description with the house so that you may be further advised? In the meantime, look out for dannio's and Empire14's posts in the following links;

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/334#54636578

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/334#54625559

Looping: merrymum, Beem4cupid, dannio, winter, Empire14

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:38am On Apr 29, 2017
Guys please i need some advice. I'm currently waiting for my ECA from IQAS to enter the pool but decided i could just casually apply for US visiting visa for my sister's grad. A family friend helped me in filling my details for the US online application but he made a mistake in the date of my previous employment. Although i don't plan on using the said previous employment as experience gathered for the purpose of EE points, my concerns however, are

1. Since Canadian Immigration and US immigration share information, I feel the Canadian VO might spot the mistake when investigations are made
2. I have been denied study visa to Canada in 2014 before, based on insufficient funds and feel the Canadian VO might look for the silliest of all reasons to reject if this mistake is spotted.

I have an interview already scheduled with the American embassy but I'm thinking of cancelling the interview because of this silly mistake. Wouldn't want anything conflicting to jeopardize my chances of getting Canadian PPR.

Abeg , should i just go ahead and call the mistake inconsequential? Someone said something about info shared between Canadian Immigration and US immigration is basically on criminal records. How true?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by caon: 4:52am On Apr 29, 2017
40manlappy:

Do you mind sharing your job description with the house so that you may be further advised? In the meantime, look out for dannio's and Empire14's posts in the following links;

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/334#54636578

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/334#54625559

Looping: merrymum, Beem4cupid, dannio, winter, Empire14
ok,some of my job functions are:1.establishing work schedule and procedures for my unit.2.examine n verify the accuracy of work n authorise routine payment3.resolve work related problems etc.on NOC1212,d requirement is a college diploma in bookkeeping or accounting skill B and I have an HND in accounting.so for d functions and educational requirement,I tink I qualify but for d JOB title,SUPERVISORS,in financial n insurance workersNi do not qualiffy as I am nt a supervisor
So wat do u tink?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:39am On Apr 29, 2017
caon:
thank you very 40manlappy,it was helpful.so I work as a pay officer in a financcial institution but my job description fits d NOC 1212 for supervisors,finance and insurance office worker perfectly d problem is that I am nt a supervisor.I was written in my reference letter that I work as an officer in Bleep dept.does it really matter?must I b a supervisor b4 I can apply,I read accounting n my. JB best suits d NOC for supervisors..pls wat can I do.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:41am On Apr 29, 2017
caon:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:26am On Apr 29, 2017
caon:
ok,some of my job functions are:1.establishing work schedule and procedures for my unit.2.examine n verify the accuracy of work n authorise routine payment 3.resolve work related problems etc.on NOC1212,d requirement is a college diploma in bookkeeping or accounting skill B and I have an HND in accounting.so for d functions and educational requirement,I tink I qualify but for d JOB title,SUPERVISORS,in financial n insurance workersNi do not qualiffy as I am nt a supervisor
So wat do u tink?

Your situation reminds me of the title of a book "You Don't Need a Title to Be a Leader" cheesy

It appears you qualify for the particular NOC even though your designation does not expressly indicate "supervisor". Please compare some of the main duties of NOC 1212 highlighted below with the portions that I highlighted above.

Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:

-Implement efficient working processes and co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: administering accounts payable and receivable; processing, verifying and recording financial documents and forms; administering payrolls; processing, verifying and recording insurance claims and forms; and collecting user fees and payments on overdue accounts
-Examine and verify accuracy of work and authorize routine payments, credits and other transactions
-Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
-Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
-Identify training needs and train workers in job duties and company policies
-Requisition supplies and materials
-Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
-May perform the same duties as workers supervised.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mufasa007: 8:27am On Apr 29, 2017
good morning my people,
pls I would ike to know how much for couple(myself n spouse) application and PRV fee.
thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by youseuph(m): 10:17am On Apr 29, 2017
Gquest:

LRSW 8.5,7.5,8,7

Did EOR on writing and speaking
W - 6.5 to 7
S - 7 to 8

Pls what's the procedure for applying for E0R?
Myy wife got 8,7,7,6.5 in LRWS, which adversely affects our CRS point, so she wants to seek for remark for Speaking. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by drhopeful: 1:00pm On Apr 29, 2017
Spatz81:
Please my people..... Has anyone ever needed to correct mistakes/error of Marriage Certificate that could have been contradictory to the information given on EE/eAPr i.e Proffession? if yes, how did you go about correcting it... did you need to go back to the issuing registry for correction?

in my case is a mistake on the profession part for my spouse and I

below is an extract from the Marriage Act on correction.

" Any registrar, when authorized by the Principal Registrar, may correct any clerical error in any certificate of marriage filed in his office, upon production to him of the certificate delivered to the parties, and shall authenticate every such correction by his signature and the date of such correction"

Advice from you pro would be appreciated. I have been told that a mere sworn affidavit may not suffice except correction is done by the issuing registry.

Please pros, kindly advice.
In my case, I just wrote LOE to cover it. I just said it was an error on the part of the registry and referred to my employment docs for reference. I started working on my current job way before I got married. I have submitted my app and hoping for success.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by drhopeful: 1:19pm On Apr 29, 2017
elfmann:

You still went ahead for a remark when you know it is immaterial.. Na wa for u! Well, it has been long we know of their robbery.

Listening slayer!
Was wondering same. Spending all that time and money for just 3 marks..... Nevertheless, congrats to them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Java47: 1:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
Ehrnie:

Hi -

I'll give this a try.

Q1. You can edit the fund in the pre-populated part of your ITA form. I can't recall the exact section now, but just take time to go through your form. It is there.
Q2. You choice of payment prompt is in the early part of your post ITA form. I think it's the 4th or 5th question once you start filling your post ITA form. It has been advised (on this thread) to pay all the fees upfront (that's if you have it now though) so as to avoid any unnecessary delays.
Q3. I think the full name of the document is "Affidavit of Gift Deed" [lawyers in the house can correct this if I am wrong]. So, No - you don't need an affidavit along with the Gift Deed.

Hope this helps?

Thanks a lot, seen it. . .

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Onlineise(m): 2:48pm On Apr 29, 2017
I just read this and thought I should share, interesting read sorry its so long grin

Express Entry application CANCELLED vs. REFUSED
By Roxanne Jessome, RCIC
roxanne@joincanada.com

I was writing a reply to a post and thought that it might be good to dedicate a whole article to this topic as I see it a lot in my practice.

There's a HUGE difference between a CANCELLATION and a REFUSAL in an Express Entry application. A Cancellation means you didn't provide all the necessary documents required to process your PR application and they cannot proceed. This happens A LOT! If your application is cancelled, it's like it never actually existed. You get all your money back and you can create a new profile and go back into the EE pool. If you're invited again, don't miss the same stuff! The most common reasons I see for cancellations are where applicants don’t provide police clearance certificates from all the countries they have lived in for 6 months or more since the age of 18. Because all of the forms in an EE application (Address History, Personal History, Travel History) ask for the last 10 years of information, many applicants also mistakenly believe that they only need to provide police certificates for countries they have lived in within the past 10 years. WRONG! It’s since the age of 18. Also, in early 2016, CIC changed the police certificate requirement. They used to require these police certificates only if you lived for 6 months in a row in a country. Not anymore! Now they want police certificates for every country you have been in for a cumulative total of 6 months. For example, you are 30 years old and have only “lived” in Ireland and Canada. But every year since the age of 18 you have travelled to the United States to visit your granny for 3 weeks. You never “lived” in the US as these were all holidays. However, when added together, you were in the US for 3 weeks in each of the last 12 years. 3 x 12 = 36 weeks which is more than 6 months. You need a US police certificate. By the way, 6 months = 26 weeks or 182 days. You need to add them up and go back to the age of 18.

Many Irish have also spent time in Australia. The CIC website specifically states that if you lived in the states of Queensland and/or Victoria, you also need to provide Traffic History reports from those states. Also, be sure that you have obtain the correct Australian police certificate. Your Australian police certificate must be the STANDARD DISCLOSURE, not the COMPLETE DISCLOSURE. I’ve seen a few people cancelled because they got the wrong certificate. I’d strongly recommend that every applicant check the CIC webpage for police certificate and read EVERYTHING on the page to make sure they are following the correct procedures for that country.

The second most common reason I see for CANCELLATION of an application is not including a copy of your education diploma or transcripts (one or the other) with your Education Credential Assessment (WES, ICAS, IQAS, etc.). When it comes to proof of Education, you must provide BOTH the ECA report and a copy of your diploma or your transcript that says you got the degree or diploma. You don’t need both the diploma and transcript. Just one will do but if you use the transcript, make sure it also says that you earned a degree or diploma. AND if your diploma is not in English or French (and your transcripts are also not in English or French), get the diploma translated by a certified translator and include the certified translation as well. There are still many Canadian, American, Irish and British colleges and universities that issue diplomas in Latin. Watch out for that.

I also want to add that when an application is cancelled, no further review is done on the application. Basically, the officer STOPS looking at the application as soon as they come to a reason to cancel it. There could be more!! There may even be a reason for refusal. If your application was cancelled as incomplete, when you apply again don’t make the mistake of thinking that now that you provided the missing information everything will be fine. They stopped reviewing the application as soon as they came to the reason for cancellation. The officer did NOT look at anything else.

A REFUSAL is much more serious than a cancellation and means that there was something fundamentally wrong with your application. You either did not PROVE that you meet the program requirements OR you are inadmissible to Canada. An officer has reviewed your application and determined that:

1. You are not eligible in the Class (FSW, CEC, FST) that you were invited to apply in; or
2. You did not meet the minimum points required on the day you were invited to apply; or
3. You are inadmissible to Canada due to criminality, heath reasons, security, misrepresentation, etc.

If your application was refused, you will not get the Application for PR fees back. You will be refunded the Right of PR fees if you paid them upfront. A refusal does not necessarily mean that you cannot apply again but it depends on the reasons for refusal. I’ve seen all kinds of reasons but the majority are for providing inadequate employment verification letters/documents. Any work you’ve claimed as “qualifying work” and/or work that earned you CRS points must have adequate employment verification letters to prove it. This can be quite difficult for many reasons. Perhaps the company you worked for is no longer in business. Or maybe you left on bad terms and the employer is not cooperating. Most often employers think these letters are “reference” letters and refuse to list the duties you performed in the letter. In my practice, we’ve developed ways around all of these issues BUT it is unique to each situation. The bottom line when it comes to skilled work is that if you can’t prove it, then you can’t claim it as qualifying work or work that will earn you points. Keep it out of the Work History section of your profile/application. And if you can get these letters, be sure that all the vital information is contained in them. I was once hired to re-apply for an applicant that had been refused when she applied on her own and the only reason she was refused was because her employment letter was missing one vital piece of information! But she was so stressed and rattled by the refusal, she hired me to re-do the application for her as she just didn’t want to make any other mistakes. She’s a permanent resident now so it all worked out but it makes me really sad when I see refusals like this that could have been easily avoided.

The second most common reason I see for refusals is inadmissibility due to criminality. And I’ve got to be frank about this when I say that if there are issues with criminality in your past, you need to hire experienced legal counsel to help you. Criminality is VERY complex and 99% of applicants cannot handle this themselves. Even immigration consultants and lawyers who are not experienced in criminality should not handle these cases. I had another lovely Irish client who was refused due to criminal inadmissibility. His first application was prepared by an immigration consultant but that consultant had no experience with criminality and didn’t understand what needed to be done. Happily, we successfully obtained PR for this client when the criminal matter was handled correctly. But this client could have been a permanent resident 1 year earlier if their first application had been handled by experienced counsel! And I don’t want to beat up the consultant here either as they had thought they had done everything correctly and they were devastated by the refusal. However, when it comes to inadmissibility issues, you want someone who KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING. That takes years of practical experience. That was a very important lesson for that consultant and I’m sure they’ll never forget it.

One final thing to note is that CIC makes mistakes too!! Last year, I helped several clients get PR refusals overturned and approved because the officer made a mistake in evaluating the application. It doesn’t happen often but it DOES happen!! If you are refused, make sure the reasons for refusal are correct.

I didn’t mean for this post to be so long! However, there are a LOT of pitfalls in Canadian immigration and most of them could be easily avoided. If you want to make sure that you are not making any mistakes in your application, READ AND RESEARCH.But trust me when I tell you that decline an ITA is 1000 times better than being refused! While a cancellation can often be overcome easily, refusals need to be avoided at all costs if possible. Good luck everyone!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 4:13pm On Apr 29, 2017
@Onlineise Nice share smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by blaizetony: 4:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
Hello house. Please i need clarifications on passport scan during post ITA. do we scan just the data page, all visas and stamps or scan the whole pages of the passport?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 5:00pm On Apr 29, 2017
yimiton:
Guys, please I need some clarification.

I have just received my ECA from WES and currently filling my EOI application/profile form.

I only assessed my Master's degree. Do I fill only my Master's degree there or do I include my BSC even though I didn't assess it?

My spouse' ECA is not out yet, do I leave his pages blank?

Since his experience will not add any points, should I list them or just leave it blank?

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Dear Good People, pls I'm still waiting for your responses to my questions oh. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eyoiba(m): 7:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
Weldone guys, I must say that you are doing a very good job on this thread. Please I want someone to to guide me on what job code to claim i. e NOC number for an internal Auditor in a bank. My job was to check whether operational gaps do not exist in daily transactions and advice on how they can be corrected if they do exist. It's a skill that requires just a little knowledge of accounting and you don't need to be a charterd accountant to function in that role.
Secondly, I also want to know if i can still claim that job code as I was just transferred from that department to marketing 3 months ago in the same bank. I will really appreciate your response. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cecegal: 7:55pm On Apr 29, 2017
Hi Thanks for the clarification.

perks:

Like you rightly noted customer service officer is skill level C and thus not qualified under d EE program. However, if you were a manager or supervisor in customer service, then you can apply under d EE program. So my question is where u a customer service manager or supervisor?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
eyoiba:
Weldone guys, I must say that you are doing a very good job on this thread. Please I want someone to to guide me on what job code to claim i. e NOC number for an internal Auditor in a bank. My job was to check whether operational gaps do not exist in daily transactions and advice on how they can be corrected if they do exist. It's a skill that requires just a little knowledge of accounting and you don't need to be a charterd accountant to function in that role.
Secondly, I also want to know if i can still claim that job code as I was just transferred from that department to marketing 3 months ago in the same bank. I will really appreciate your response. Thanks in advance.

Pls check dis link.
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=0&val1=1111&ver=11&_ga=1.171581728.1227396718.1487708375

Additionally, you can still use d NOC even though u may have been transferred now, provided u have worked in dat NOC for 3 years.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2017
eyoiba:

Pls check dis link. Pls confirm if ur duties align with dis.
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=0&val1=1111&ver=11&_ga=1.171581728.1227396718.1487708375

Additionally, you can still use d NOC even though u may have been transferred now, provided u have worked in dat NOC for 3 years.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gquest: 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2017
If the result is less than 6 weeks...do a bank draft for 15k take it to BC then fill the EOR form.

youseuph:

Pls what's the procedure for applying for E0R?
Myy wife got 8,7,7,6.5 in LRWS, which adversely affects our CRS point, so she wants to seek for remark for Speaking. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dynamitehimself(m): 10:15pm On Apr 29, 2017
mecuryf:

Please could you kindly explain the IQAS credential evaluarion process to me .
I dont understand the application pack thingy.
Am i supposed to send the copies of my cerificate ,transcript and ID before my school sends the transcript.
Could you pls just give a run down of the whole process step by step because i want to start today.
I just cancelled my WES payment and decided to use IQAS but this one isnt quite atraight fwd.
Thanks.

Please how did you cancel your WES payment.i already paid but pages I have being reading suggest that iqas is faster. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mecuryf(f): 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2017
[quote author=Dynamitehimself post=56050357]

Please how did you cancel your WES payment.i already paid but pages I have being reading suggest that iqas is fas5ter. Thanks[/quote
On the WES site there is a tab called (write to us ) ,i sent a message to them telling them i no longer needed their services (i hadnt sent them my transcript tho).
Quote your refernce number
They replied in about 4 days telling me that they will refund and credit me in 4 weeks and i got my payment in about 5 days.
There is a charge tho ,so dont expect full payment ,they hadd said they charge $20 but it was more ,but enuf to pay for IQAS so i have no complaints.
Goodluck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 10:32pm On Apr 29, 2017
You can try this method too.

caon:
I tink I might be in d same boat here,I had given dem our profession but instead dey chose to write PUBLIC SERVANT in d profession slot.do u tink it wil matter
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 3:05am On Apr 30, 2017
emi23:

Good morning everyone. I just wanted to get some information clarifications as regards updating spousal record after e-APR has been submitted.

My Fiancé got ITA in January and submitted last month. However, we just did our court wedding last week. We want to inform CIC of this change in marital status so I would love to know what to expect.

· What do we say when completing the “Case Specific Enquiry Form”?
· Do I need to do a change of name (Newspaper publication, Affidavit etc?) and Will I have to change the name on my International passport?
· What information do I have to upload when completing the Case Specific Enquiry Form?

If anyone can be kind enough to assist in pointing me in the right direction, I will be very grateful.

Raise a CSE attaching your marriage certificate and tell them just the way it is, that you recently got married and wud like to add spouse to application. I didn't do any change of name for spouse.

They will reply you with a PDF listing documents that they need.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 3:06am On Apr 30, 2017
esosa4real:

Raise a CSE attaching your marriage certificate and tell them just the way it is, that you recently got married and wud like to add spouse to application. I didn't do any change of name for spouse.

They will reply you with a PDF listing documents that they need.

Plus am sorry for late reply, saw ur pm too. Been terribly busy atwork recently
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 30, 2017
caon:
so r u saying that once you fax ur statement of result there wil be no need for transcript.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by obinna5000(m): 8:08am On Apr 30, 2017
Sorry for asking, please what is the maximum number of points that can be attained in the Express Entry?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jumdah20: 9:12am On Apr 30, 2017
@40manlappy, congratuations on your ITA

please can you share the reason your Manitoba application was not successful. I also applied in October and I have not heard back. The status just reads submitted. I didn't even know people have been hearing from them. I know they had applications back log which I hear has been cleared.

My CRS score is 397, the prayer is for ITA draw to go lower than that, so that many of us can join you, lol.

Please share people if you have info on Manitoba

40manlappy:
Congrats to the latest recipients of ITA. Gradually, the "ghost members" (courtesy dupyshoo) are gradually showing up wink

To borrow an expression, "when ITAs are ready, the ghost members will appear" cheesy

On a serious note, let me get this off my chest: our Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program application was not successful! embarassed

It depressed me for a few days. It also made me regret not attending the New Brunswick Information Session in Dubai to which we were invited last year.

Judging from the feedback on this thread, some of the attendees got ITA through that means. I had depended on the Manitoba PNP so much that I was not looking at other possibilities. For my mind, we were saving money for POF sad

Maybe we would have gotten New Brunswick's nomination now or even an ITA angry

Even when the Quebec application showed up last year, I didn't pursue it with much energy allowing our inability to speak French to be an excuse.

Lesson learnt: Going forward, I shall take advantage of all genuine opportunities that come our way...Atlantic Immigration Pilot, Quebec, etc

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by caon: 9:39am On Apr 30, 2017
KweenCee:
kweenCee I don't understand what you mean.pls explain

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.