Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,009 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2608211 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Lochinny: 12:23pm On May 26, 2017
338.. we are rewriting ielts next month. Scores were L-7,S-6.5,W-7.5,R-6.5 for hubby and S-6.5,W-7.5,L-8,R'6.5 for mine

elfmann:

What is ur CRS atm?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 26, 2017
Lochinny:
338.. we are rewriting ielts next month. Scores were L-7,S-6.5,W-7.5,R-6.5 for hubby and S-6.5,W-7.5,L-8,R'6.5 for mine

Will redoing help get within 420-430? If not, you better follow MCC and PEBC way in addition.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Lochinny: 12:30pm On May 26, 2017
Already planning to start MCC but saw if hubby gets 8777 with 8 as listening we'll get up to 430.
But with the current score in the pool I don't know if I should delete it and redo it or I should let it be?

elfmann:

Will redoing help get within 420-430? If not, you better follow MCC and PEBC way in addition.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by spokesboy: 12:31pm On May 26, 2017
I'm so happy now. Seen my IELTS result:

Listening: 9.0
Reading: 8.0
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 8.0

Overall: 8.0

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 26, 2017
Lochinny:
Already planning to start MCC but saw if hubby gets 8777 with 8 as listening we'll get up to 430.
But with the current score in the pool I don't know if I should delete it and redo it or I should let it be?

Leaving it has nothing to do wirh ur spouse redoing his IELTS. If he gets 8777...you only edit and wait for ITA. 430 will still be selling after June.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 12:54pm On May 26, 2017
Lochinny:
Yes it's for my husband
They just evaluated it differently and wrote each degree and it's equivalence to Canadian degrees.
They didn't write two certificates

Did you evaluate them under one application? What is your score now? Please anyone who has evaluated two or more degrees help with an answer
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Lochinny: 12:56pm On May 26, 2017
Yes I did under one application
Score is 338 Bc of low ielts score but we're rewriting next month

optionese:

Did you evaluate them under one application? What is your score now? Please anyone who has evaluated two or more degrees help with an answer
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 12:58pm On May 26, 2017
hifyty:
Hello everyone,

Congratulations to Everyone who cleared out their IELTS today. My wife and I were actually waiting to get IELTS results and dive into the poll today but we received an email instead saying our results are being withheld for investigation. Has anyone been the same shoes before? How long did it take them to resolve this? I am just trying to weigh my options whether to go ahead and book new tests. Appreciate your contributions.

Check @vcole posts, I think she said something in this line
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 12:59pm On May 26, 2017
Lochinny:
Yes I did under one application
Score is 338 Bc of low ielts score but we're rewriting next month

I don't really know much about 2or more certificates. Let's hope someone has an answer
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by juliebabs: 1:12pm On May 26, 2017
elfmann:

You should be talking of remarking Listening, bro. Read page 0!

Please I need advice ,please help..

Is it possible to remark listening and reading.. I strongly believe something is wrong with my result.
L... 6.5
R... 5.5
W... 7.0
S....7.0
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 1:15pm On May 26, 2017
juliebabs:

Is it possible to remark listening and reading.. I strongly believe something is wrong with my result.
L... 6.5
R... 5.5
W... 7.0
S....7.0

What is your score with thus results. If it's up to 430, wait for the next 2 draws before asking for a remark.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 26, 2017
juliebabs:

L... 6.5
R... 5.5
W... 7.0
S....7.0
Back up that belief with a remark. I don't trust them 100%.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 26, 2017
optionese:

What is your score with thus results. If it's up to 430, wait for the next 2 draws before asking for a remark.
R 5.5 negates all as a principal applicant.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Onyeenyeh: 1:33pm On May 26, 2017
Still waiting for a reply, please
Onyeenyeh:
Good Morning All,

I am new on this thread, and just kick-started my express entry application (I literally feel like I have been sleeping on a bicycle). I have tried to read through the thread, so forgive me, if any of my questions are repetitive.

Brief Summary:
Marital Status: Single
Highest Educational level: MPH ( Master of Public Health)
Experience: I have 3+ years, but will only be claiming 1+, as I am not sure of getting reference letters from other places
English Language Proficiency: I am registered to take the IELTS General in the coming month, but from my IELTS Academic, I have a CLB of 9. So hoping to replicate, or even get a CLB of 10, hopefully.

Now to my questions:

1. Is there anyone here who has migrated and works with NGOs or in the area of Health promotion in Canada? What is the outlook like, in terms of how long it took you to land a job?
2. Also, regarding POF, if i understand correctly, I can decide to go with the gift deed option. (a) Can I get a gift deed from my uncle (b) Do I need to wait for six months?
3. I have a three year old cousin who lives with me. Is there any possibility of including him in my application?
4. Between WES and IQAS, which is recommended for evaluation of a foreign degree?

Thank you for taking out time to answer. Hopefully, in the near future, I will be in a position to also answer someone else's questions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gogedda: 1:33pm On May 26, 2017
zandora:

I mean if you've applied to Canada or the US before i.e submitted a complete application and not entered the EE pool.

Hello zandora, Are you saying Canada do check the details of all those that have gotten US visa and those who have been rejected in order to verify discrepancies in what they filled in their visa applications?.For example, your age, work history, family details, personal history etc. I have been rejected US visa before and the agent I used then actually used a wrong info which is different from the true information I am planing on using for my Canada PR.... Pls clarify.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 1:35pm On May 26, 2017
elfmann:

R 5.5 negates all as a principal applicant.

Oh dear didn't notice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 1:41pm On May 26, 2017
See as una just clear IELTS doubt. I tire to press like. Nicely done guys!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by egariyi(f): 1:44pm On May 26, 2017
nikkycool:
Hello Gurus in the house.Does anyone know anything about Morden Immigration process cos I read about it and nobody has said anything about it on this thread.Kindly share anything you know about it.Thanks.

Morden is an immigration program run by Saskacheun Province for Carpenters, tailors or seamstresses. I dont know the formalities or how the programme is managed but am sure you can google out your answers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 26, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by juliebabs: 1:45pm On May 26, 2017
Please guys help me with solutions....
Can you remark listening?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Faky201: 1:49pm On May 26, 2017
House[Qquote author=Faky201 post=56882040]Hello house,
Does maternity leave count in calculating work experience?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by juliebabs: 2:05pm On May 26, 2017
optionese:

Not sure of my calculations
Age 30
LLb
BA
6years experience and married
L.. 6.5,R5.5,W7S7. Help...... Crs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boneruns(m): 2:17pm On May 26, 2017
Something must be seriously wrong somewhere. L6.5, R6.5, S7, W7. Listening and reading were my strong sections. I really doubt these scores.

Please advice: should I request for remark or sit for another? I'm 30, Masters and have 4 years experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 2:19pm On May 26, 2017
Wow! People are vexing with IELTS results...I'm chuffed! Congratulations y'all.. the journey has just started, please keep your eyes on the goal.

Any one who got AOR in March....31st to be precise? any news yet....? it's same same as I type....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 2:22pm On May 26, 2017
juliebabs:

Age 30
LLb
BA

I don't think that's possible because it's a live exam. I read it somewhere but cant find the link again.

Hope this helps..?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 2:33pm On May 26, 2017
juliebabs:

I am not sure but check @ugoiyke79e posts

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MissShakara: 2:34pm On May 26, 2017
juliebabs:

Age 30
LLb
BA

You should rewrite. With a good ielts score of LRWS 8777, you will have a competitive CRS score.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 2:35pm On May 26, 2017
juliebabs:

Age 30
LLb
BA

Yes you can ask for remark for all sections.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 2:35pm On May 26, 2017
boneruns:
Something must be seriously wrong somewhere. L6.5, R6.5, S7, W7. Listening and reading were my strong sections. I really doubt these scores.

Please advice: should I request for remark or sit for another? I'm 30, Masters and have 4 years experience.

What's your CRS score with this result? Apply for a remark if you feel strongly that your result should have been better and an improvement would make a differenc.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 2:37pm On May 26, 2017
Reasonabledoubt:
I scored an 8.0 average. So excited.

L-8.0
W-7.0
R-8.0
S-8.0

Congrats. You people really vex for IELTS cheesy

Take a dive into the pool if you already have your ECA.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temmytee1(f): 2:38pm On May 26, 2017
lilyandie:

Thank you so much
IQAS website says applications should be mailed to them?
please enlighten me. Do i have to mail after filling an online application and scanning my certificate to them?
please how long did your ECA take
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temmytee1(f): 2:39pm On May 26, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Yes you can fax your docs ahead of your transcript. Their fax number is 780-422-9734
IQAS website says applications should be mailed to them?
please enlighten me. Do i have to mail after filling an online application and scanning my certificate to them?
please how long did your ECA take

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.