Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2607795 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 9:54am On May 25, 2017
Lochinny:
Good morning everyone!!
Please I have another problem.. I was asked to fill in my work and education for the EE profile.. but I didn't do any ECA because I'm a doctor and I need to go through Medical council for evaluation and I'm not the principal applicant.. should i fill it? What if I get an ITA and I'm asked to provide it?
Also my husband who is the principal applicant just got a new job and he's starting in June. Should we put the new job that he is yet to start or just fill the previous one that he's ending this may? Since we are filling the form in may

Do well to thoroughly read through and digest d steps in Express Entry on the cic page as well as early pages of this forum. most of your queries will be thus understood.

To answer your present question,
1) yes go ahead and choose ur profession. as u havent gotten an ECA for it yet, jus answer "no" when asked if an ECA was done for it....when u get an ITA, ECA will not be requested in such a scenario.
** try and initiate the MCC path. It takes tym and money but it will be very good to do if u intend to practice medicine in any capacity in Canada.

2) For ur husband, EE requires at least 1year work eperience. Therefore, you should use his job with the number of years of experience claimed. This means that u cant use d new job..rather when u get ITA, u will mention it in the personal hx section.

**you could also take a chance and include ur current ielts scores while awaiting its remark, hoping to change it preITA or postITA(with a loe of course)

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bitcoinmilliona: 10:29am On May 25, 2017
Pls what do i do if a past employer is proving sturbborn to give employement reference. Is there another alernative?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oomowoomie: 10:32am On May 25, 2017
bitcoinmilliona:
Pls what do i do if a past employer is proving sturbborn to give employement reference. Is there another alernative?

Employment letter, confirmation letter, payslips (if you still have them) can suffice and also LOE stating that the employer didn't want to give one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bitcoinmilliona: 10:35am On May 25, 2017
oomowoomie:

Employment letter, confirmation letter, payslips (if you still have them) can suffice and also LOE stating that the employer didn't want to give one.

Thanks. What is the best reason to give on the LOE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:44am On May 25, 2017
bitcoinmilliona:

This has been answered severally on this forum. Just use the Search button at the top of this page to Google "reference plain paper".

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/385#55638503

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eosianor: 11:01am On May 25, 2017
Pls where do I get samples of their questions or past questions and answers?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 11:07am On May 25, 2017
Good morning Guys,

I work in three different positions for the same company. The company has given me a single reference letter with the three (3) different duties included.

In the e-document upload section, I observed that there are three different sections based on the different duties indicated during EE.

I want to know if I should upload the single reference letter or get additional 3 reference letters again
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 11:35am On May 25, 2017
Boss13:
Good morning Guys,

I work in three different positions for the same company. The company has given me a single reference letter with the three (3) different duties included.

In the e-document upload section, I observed that there are three different sections based on the different duties indicated during EE.

I want to know if I should upload the single reference letter or get additional 3 reference letters again

Does the three positions have three different NOCs? If you answer yes,

1) did your company list out the different roles/reponsibilities for each of the duties? was the number of years in such capacities specifically mentioned for each?
If yes, then u may wish to upload d same document in each placeholder and attach a LOE citing this.
If no, pls get another set of reference letters for each NOC/Yrs of experience ...and upload for each.

this is my opinion.
let seniors contribute.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:47am On May 25, 2017
How long does it take for the IELTS exam to comeout
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 11:48am On May 25, 2017
obitee69:
How long does it take for the IELTS exam to comeout

13days after d written part.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:53am On May 25, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

13days after d written part.

Then the oral part?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Lochinny: 12:23pm On May 25, 2017
Thank you so much @Ugoiyke. I'm grateful.ur explanation really helped me.. God bless u

ugoiyke79e:

Do well to thoroughly read through and digest d steps in Express Entry on the cic page as well as early pages of this forum. most of your queries will be thus understood.

To answer your present question,
1) yes go ahead and choose ur profession. as u havent gotten an ECA for it yet, jus answer "no" when asked if an ECA was done for it....when u get an ITA, ECA will not be requested in such a scenario.
** try and initiate the MCC path. It takes tym and money but it will be very good to do if u intend to practice medicine in any capacity in Canada.

2) For ur husband, EE requires at least 1year work eperience. Therefore, you should use his job with the number of years of experience claimed. This means that u cant use d new job..rather when u get ITA, u will mention it in the personal hx section.

**you could also take a chance and include ur current ielts scores while awaiting its remark, hoping to change it preITA or postITA(with a loe of course)

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by behati: 12:25pm On May 25, 2017
bitcoinmilliona:
You will need to get a reference letter from a supervisor or colleague, attach their ID or complimentary card, attach proof of trying to obtain the reference letter from your employer(any correspondence will do), attach your employment, confirmation and any other support document as well as an LOE.

To the new people just starting the process, endeavour to READ, READ and READ. Even though reading this thread may seem like a lot of work to do, you can get most of the information required for this process on CIC website and questions asked here should only be case specific. Questions like how much is ielts, where can I write it? How much is visa fees and so many others are outright ridiculous considering that most people going through this are graduates and skilled professionals. Also, it probably takes lesser stress to google than logon to nairaland to type ridiculous questions. Heck, you may even get misled one day if you don't put in work by yourself. I know a lot of members are trying to be nice by answering same questions repeatedly but please let's encourage people to read and research for themselves.

Peace!

26 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by philip3(m): 12:39pm On May 25, 2017
yimiton:
I saved a copy of the form when I applied for mine.

I have attached it for your use. Read the instructions on the form properly and follow it. Their numbers don't go through.

cheers.
finally contacted someone and was told their website is down and the whole process needs to be done online.
How long did yours take before it got to WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 12:43pm On May 25, 2017
obitee69:

Then the oral part?

The speaking component is usually done within 7days of the written part.
The entire result is posted online 13days after d written exam date.

You can type n search for "IELTS" in the search column of this page to get any further answers.
repeatedly answering questions can be quite tiring and will make our seniors enter "waka pass" mode.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 1:10pm On May 25, 2017
Well said @behati wink

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 1:25pm On May 25, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

Does the three positions have three different NOCs? If you answer yes,

1) did your company list out the different roles/reponsibilities for each of the duties? was the number of years in such capacities specifically mentioned for each?
If yes, then u may wish to upload d same document in each placeholder and attach a LOE citing this.
If no, pls get another set of reference letters for each NOC/Yrs of experience ...and upload for each.

this is my opinion.
let seniors contribute.

Yes the three (3) different job duties are different NOCs and each role/responsibilities and the time period spent were stated in the reference letter.

The concern is that should I upload the same reference letter in each section of the e-document upload or just upload a single one since its the same reference letter with 3 different job duties
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by funjy: 1:42pm On May 25, 2017
Morning everyone.
Just paid wes for my eca but i dont know if i can use my notification as my certificate is not ready. Just collected the notification this year but i graduated 5 years ago.

Please help with your suggestions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LordSebastian: 1:48pm On May 25, 2017
Some of these things, I believe, are not cast in stone. In my case, I have two work periods with the same company with an educational period between those work periods. The company only opted to prepare one reference letter with both work periods stated on the letter. In the end I uploaded the same reference letter in both sections (since I have two work periods) requiring separate letters. I backed it up with a LOE.

Whether this is okay to do is not certain. But this is what I did and I explained it clearly in the LOE. In all honesty, I do not see anything wrong in doing this. The gurus in the house can say more.

Cheers.

Boss13:

Yes the three (3) different job duties are different NOCs and each role/responsibilities and the time period spent were stated in the reference letter.

The concern is that should I upload the same reference letter in each section of the e-document upload or just upload a single one since its the same reference letter with 3 different job duties

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 2:18pm On May 25, 2017
LordSebastian:
Some of these things, I believe, are not cast in stone. In my case, I have two work periods with the same company with an educational period between those work periods. The company only opted to prepare one reference letter with both work periods stated on the letter. In the end I uploaded the same reference letter in both sections (since I have two work periods) requiring separate letters. I backed it up with a LOE.

Whether this is okay to do is not certain. But this is what I did and I explained it clearly in the LOE. In all honesty, I do not see anything wrong in doing this. The gurus in the house can say more.

Cheers.

Thanks I think I will do likewise and explain too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Majesticniyi(m): 4:25pm On May 25, 2017
I have been a little reluctant to ask the following questions but after repeated searches and no sufficient answers, I want to go ahead and ask.

1. I have a OND after which I did DE to a university to study the same course. For my IQAS, how do I go about evaluating both? Someone said I should use highest the qualification alone but won't that affect my scores (I discovered Bsc is 21pts in the pool for FSW while OND+Bsc would give 22pts).

2. I have a certification for technicians (City and Guild of London). Can this in any way help jack up my scores?

Thanks for the anticipated replies....abeg no vex say if my question seems repeated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Demo213: 4:27pm On May 25, 2017
God Bless you Sir/Ma,

You're Totally on point!

behati:
You will need to get a reference letter from a supervisor or colleague, attach their ID or complimentary card, attach proof of trying to obtain the reference letter from your employer(any correspondence will do), attach your employment, confirmation and any other support document as well as an LOE.

To the new people just starting the process, endeavour to READ, READ and READ. Even though reading this thread may seem like a lot of work to do, you can get most of the information required for this process on CIC website and questions asked here should only be case specific. Questions like how much is ielts, where can I write it? How much is visa fees and so many others are outright ridiculous considering that most people going through this are graduates and skilled professionals. Also, it probably takes lesser stress to google than logon to nairaland to type ridiculous questions. Heck, you may even get misled one day if you don't put in work by yourself. I know a lot of members are trying to be nice by answering same questions repeatedly but please let's encourage people to read and research for themselves.

Peace!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eosianor: 4:41pm On May 25, 2017
oomowoomie:

Good Morning. See the link below.
https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/dates-fees-locations

Thank you very much.

But I equally want to know where to get sample of their types of questions or past questions and answers.
Many thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oomowoomie: 4:56pm On May 25, 2017
eosianor:

Thank you very much.

But I equally want to know where to get sample of their types of questions or past questions and answers.
Many thanks

You can get this online for free.Google and you would get a lot of links. Also, once you pay for the exam, they would send you a link to sample test questions....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 5:10pm On May 25, 2017
Majesticniyi:
I have been a little reluctant to ask the following questions but after repeated searches and no sufficient answers, I want to go ahead and ask.

1. I have a OND after which I did DE to a university to study the same course. For my IQAS, how do I go about evaluating both? Someone said I should use highest the qualification alone but won't that affect my scores (I discovered Bsc is 21pts in the pool for FSW while OND+Bsc would give 22pts).

2. I have a certification for technicians (City and Guild of London). Can this in any way help jack up my scores?

Thanks for the anticipated replies....abeg no vex say if my question seems repeated.

There's an option for verifying two certs when filling the form.

The only certification so far accepted is Acca.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Sholly12: 5:11pm On May 25, 2017
Pls have not started anything, i want to apply under skilled to canada. I will like someone to put me through.
Please if i have msc in uk will i still write the exam.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 5:13pm On May 25, 2017
Sholly12:
Pls have not started anything, i want to apply under skilled to canada. I will like someone to put me through.
Please if i have msc in uk will i still write the exam.

What exam are u referring to? However process of starting ur application is stated on page 0 of this thread

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by DeepDarkTunnel: 5:47pm On May 25, 2017
FADEO:

Bros put me through.

What info do you need?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Majesticniyi(m): 6:04pm On May 25, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

There's an option for verifying two certs when filling the form.

The only certification so far accepted is Acca.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Sholly12: 6:24pm On May 25, 2017
IETL exam
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 6:39pm On May 25, 2017
May 25 received AOR.

Now double P begins
Prayer and Patience

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:36pm On May 25, 2017
revlane:
May 25 received AOR.

Now double P begins
Prayer and Patience

Congrats bro. Welcome to the club wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.