Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2606408 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 7:51am On May 29, 2017
bigbroda:
Morning guyz, I have a question. At what point would I need to have my children's passport details handy i.e. when I would need to input their passports' details on d website or upload based on requirements? When precisely after getting ITA as there isn't any request for it during d initial application stage? Asking cos I don't have them and wanna know how soon I should do them to avoid unnecessary delay.

Also, does anyone know if they now have d 32-page passport available at Ikoyi/Ikeja Immigration offices?

Their passports should be ready now, cos u would need to upload it before submission and u would need it for their medicals. y wait when u can get it now. And the way they are delaying passports these days sef one has got to be fast

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Topboyz5: 8:11am On May 29, 2017
40manlappy:

Congrats dear! cheesy

You really "dealt" with IELTS wink

I am so happy for you. How far with your ECA?

@Trikings2000: Congrats to you too smiley

The May 13th exam, especially listening n reading was simple
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ITABABE: 8:20am On May 29, 2017
bigbroda:
Morning guyz, I have a question. At what point would I need to have my children's passport details handy i.e. when I would need to input their passports' details on d website or upload based on requirements? When precisely after getting ITA as there isn't any request for it during d initial application stage? Asking cos I don't have them and wanna know how soon I should do them to avoid unnecessary delay.

Also, does anyone know if they now have d 32-page passport available at Ikoyi/Ikeja Immigration offices?

A friend got his child's 32 page pp @ Ikeja after two months from capture. I will suggest that you go and apply for their passports now as you need them for medical. I don't expect that you will wait that long as materials were not available then but you must have someone solid to help process for you to get it in days as they are still clearing backlogs from previous months

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:44am On May 29, 2017
Topboyz5:

Were simple eh kwa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 8:48am On May 29, 2017
Hello house. I have the following questions on Pof :

1- how long does an account has to be in operation before an application can be submitted?

2- do I need to have my Pof ready as at the time of entering the E E pool?

3- can having two withdrawn profiles hv a negative effect when applying for Pr?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flyhigh1881: 9:56am On May 29, 2017
40manlappy:

"...though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not delay." cheesy grin

Habakkuk 2:3 smiley

Just WAIT!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:09am On May 29, 2017
elfmann:

What exactly have you read?

Good question grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamajaz(f): 10:15am On May 29, 2017
WellEndowed:

Good question grin
wink
WellEndowed:

Good question grin
MTN...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by samtol4(m): 10:15am On May 29, 2017
Please house which group a professional printer fall into ? For work permit purpose
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:32am On May 29, 2017
Topboyz5:

Really? That's interesting. You wrote as well? Guess it wasn't your first time for you to be able to compare.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:35am On May 29, 2017
flyhigh1881:

Habakkuk 2:3 smiley

Just WAIT!

wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:38am On May 29, 2017
elfmann:

What exactly have you read?

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 11:08am On May 29, 2017
Hello house,
I just read this news that LG marriage certificates has been declared illegal and letter has been issued to embassies in Nigeria not to issue visa to candidate with such.

http://punchng.com/court-declares-lg-marriage-certificates-illegal/

I am in the process of submitting e-APR, all documents are ready and was planning to make payment in 2weeks time...but marriage certificate was issued by LG.
Hubby is of the opinion that this wont affect our application and re-issued certificate can be tendered later on when the LG has it. But I am so worried, don't even know what to do and don't want this whole journey to be jeopardized with just this certificate thing.

Might sound like I don't have a question but I am so confused right now. Anyone with clarification should please help. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:27am On May 29, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Afribiz(f): 12:39pm On May 29, 2017
Good day everyone,

You guys are really doing great work here.

I would be rewriting my ielts soon. Pls is there any ielts coaching centre here in Lagos? as that would make me to be very focused. I know of the websites where I can get the materials, but I still need one on one tutoring. Someone should pls help me out.

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 12:42pm On May 29, 2017
Pls for those that have had babies in the US, did you put child birth as the purpose of that particular trip while filling eAPR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by folamingo: 12:46pm On May 29, 2017
Just put tourism/vacation. I do not think they are interested in the details.

But if you are not comfortable with the purpose above, then "Medical Tourism" is the appropriate term.

Adiahabasi:
Pls for those that have had babies in the US, did you put child birth as the purpose of that particular trip while filling eAPR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 29, 2017

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adlib007(f): 1:38pm On May 29, 2017
Hi Afribiz,

I don't think a coaching center isn't necessary to pass IELTS. What you need is to learn what to look out for and how to answer the questions when taking the test. In addition to Miella's suggestion, I would also recommend that you check out www.ieltsbuddy.com. I found the site really useful in my preparation for the test.

All the best!

Afribiz:

Good day everyone,

You guys are really doing great work here.

I would be rewriting my ielts soon. Pls is there any ielts coaching centre here in Lagos? as that would make me to be very focused. I know of the websites where I can get the materials, but I still need one on one tutoring. Someone should pls help me out.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chordata(m): 1:58pm On May 29, 2017
Hi guys, thought to share my WES ECA timeline below:

Application and payment: 7 March 2017
1st degree transcript sent via DHL (naija BSc): 31 March 2017
1st degree transcript delivered (naija BSc): 4 April 2017
2nd degree transcript sent (UK): 7 April 2017 (not sure when it was delivered)
Both degree certificates sent (hellofax): 12 April 2017
WES VDR Notification (1st degree)/(UK degree accepted): 23 April 2017
University sent verification (DHL): 5 May 2017
WES received (review in progress): 9 May 2017
WES Evaluation in progress: 15 May 2017
WES Evaluation Complete: 29 May 2017

In between there were several emails to customer service and twitter DMs to follow up.
As 40manlappy says, I'm diving into the pool asap. lol, thank God for progress!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 29, 2017
[quote author=Chordata post=56989351]Hi guys, thought to share my WES ECA timeline below:

In between there were several emails to customer service and twitter DMs to follow up.

I got WES mail today too. My evaluation is completed. Mine took exactly 30 days even when i evaluated only Nigerian Degree. Here is my timeline:

Status updated to "Documents received - Review in Progress" on 28/04
Verification request sent to Institution on 9/05
Institution responded on 11/05
Status changed to "Evaluation in Progress" on 12/05
Evaluation Completed today 29/05.

This shows that WES can actually be fast with evaluation if only our Nigerian Institutions can be fast in verifying our transcripts.

To my issue guys,i was delayed by IELTS. I had 7877 in LRWS. And to be frank i was only scared of my reading. Anyway,i want to give remark a shot. I have cause to be in Abuja tomorrow for an official duty. I want to know if my Test Report Form will still be in their office so i can kill two birds with a stone.. How many days does it take British Council to ship report form?

Please i am awaiting response.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 29, 2017
Chordata:

I got WES mail today too. My evaluation is completed. Mine took exactly 30 days even when i evaluated only Nigerian Degree. Here is my timeline:

Status updated to "Documents received - Review in Progress" on 28/04
Verification request sent to Institution on 9/05
Institution responded on 11/05
Status changed to "Evaluation in Progress" on 12/05
Evaluation Completed today 29/05. 

This shows that WES can actually be fast with evaluation if only our Nigerian Institutions can be fast in verifying our transcripts.

To my issue guys,i was delayed by IELTS. I had 7877 in LRWS. And to be frank i was only scared of my reading. Anyway,i want to give remark a shot. I have cause to be in Abuja tomorrow for an official duty. I want to know if my Test Report Form will still be in their office so i can kill two birds with a stone.. How many days does it take British Council to ship report form?

Please i am awaiting response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ambidextrause: 2:23pm On May 29, 2017
Nice one.

I have a question, considering the LICO of 12,164CAD for instance, what did you use as the conversion rate for Naira? I know of oanda.com but someone also mentioned Abokifx rate which is quite high, being parallel market rate.

Please advise , house .

ITABABE:
Hello people, so finally submitted and got AOR same day. Now the wait begins smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 2:34pm On May 29, 2017
Chordata:

cheesy

Congrats! Dive into the pool already grin

Wish you speedy ITA. What's your CRS?

@Ambidextrause You can be sure that IRCC won't reckon with parallel rate. You may also wish to try xe dot com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ambidextrause: 2:46pm On May 29, 2017
So I checked xe.com now and 12164CAD = 9044USD.

Just to be sure, is one to multiply 9044 by CBN rate or parallel market rate? Important question please.

40manlappy:

@Ambidextrause You can be sure that IRCC won't reckon with parallel rate. You may also wish to try xe dot com

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 2:56pm On May 29, 2017
Ambidextrause:
So I checked xe.com now and 12164CAD = 9044USD.

Just to be sure, is one to multiply 9044 by CBN rate or parallel market rate? Important question please.

No need @bolded. Just select "CAD" and "NGN", the site does the conversion. See below;

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cala: 2:57pm On May 29, 2017
Hello All,

I got my COPR and visa stamp so I'm posting here just to encourage others. See my timeline below:

Aor- sept 9 2016

ADR ( schedule 4 and travel history)- Sept 27 2016

ADR ( passport biodata page, height and eye colour) - March 8 2017

Background check in progress- March 8 2017

PPR - April 24 2017

Passport sent to Accra through dhl - May 3 2017

Passport reached Accra - May 5 2017

Application approved - May 18 2017

Pick up mail sent - May 21 2017

COPR and visa received on hand - May 25 2017

Keep praying and never give up

36 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Onlineise(m): 2:57pm On May 29, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

I be learner for where u dey o. I submitted May 12. Have u passed medicals?

@MummyJaygirls, I submitted same day...abeg make we do buddy system, if u see any update on your profile drop me pm, i will do same. Make we use am dey encourage each other. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 2:58pm On May 29, 2017
Congrats @Cala. Thanks for sharing your timeline with us. Wish you safe landing smiley

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chordata(m): 3:26pm On May 29, 2017
40manlappy:

cheesy

Congrats! Dive into the pool already grin

Wish you speedy ITA. What's your CRS?

Thanks mate. 474

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 29, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 3:38pm On May 29, 2017
Cala:
Hello All,

I got my COPR and visa stamp so I'm posting here just to encourage others. See my timeline below:

Aor- sept 9 2016

ADR ( schedule 4 and travel history)- Sept 27 2016

Background check in progress- March 8 2017

PPR - April 24 2017

Passport sent to Accra through dhl - May 3 2017

Passport reached Accra - May 5 2017

Application approved - May 18 2017

Pick up mail sent - May 21 2017

COPR and visa received on hand - May 25 2017

Keep praying and never give up

Congratulations!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.