Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599651 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 6:33am On May 30, 2017
[quote author=ysmd post=56994306][/quote]

Dear house. kindly assist
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 6:38am On May 30, 2017
ysmd:
help with the below questions

Hello house. I have the following questions on Pof :

1- how long does an account has to be in operation before an application can be submitted?

2- do I need to have my Pof ready as at the time of entering the E E pool?

3- can having two withdrawn profiles hv a negative effect when applying for Pr?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by philip3(m): 7:22am On May 30, 2017
Kontagious:
I hope this helps you and others requesting for transcript from unilag.

I was trying to pay for the transcript Yesterday, but got the error message, after several failed attempts and considering payment needs to be made, I decided to take a quick stop in school (Records and Transcript). I thought there has to be another way of paying other than the platform which was down.

On getting to records office, I was denied access by security personnel, man kept saying the platform is down and it affects the whole school (apparently, all payments in unilag goes through remita, so, it wasn't just transcript that got affected but all sorts of payment).

After much persistence, I was allowed into the records office - room 163, where I was told to raise a bank draft to the tune of applicable amount in favour of Unilag, then bring the draft back to the record office. This I was able to do within 30 minutes.

After getting back to the records office, I was asked if I brought along hard copies of the application, that is, the print out of the transcript application form, WES request form and whatever I deemed fit. I only went for a short stop so I was without any of these documents but all could be gotten within a short time.

To cut the story short, I got the documents and submitted hard copies. I was able to complete the online application as well, as it was scanned copy of the bank draft I uploaded.

In all, what you need do is to raise a bank draft in favor of University of Lagos, then take the draft to room 163 in Senate.

PS: This is only applicable pending functionality of the etranzact/remita platform. You'd be required to write your name, matrix number and course at the back of the bank draft.

thanks,

will do that today. Mine is an MBA, i just hope its done at the same place.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 7:26am On May 30, 2017
Feygbe:
Hello house,

I am new here. My CRS is 413, IELTS R8.5 L8 W8 S8.5. I will get 15 extra points by June in the sibling category. I have a couple of questions please

1. How can I get PCC from the US while in Nigeria?

2. I also have to get PCC from Dominica, Georgia and Nigeria. Help please.

3. Can you kindly explain how the gift deed works for POF?

Hoping to get the ITA soon!!! Thank you...

To get FBI summary request from the US, use this link https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by humblemoi: 7:29am On May 30, 2017
Cala:
Hello All,

I got my COPR and visa stamp so I'm posting here just to encourage others. See my timeline below:

Aor- sept 9 2016

ADR ( schedule 4 and travel history)- Sept 27 2016

ADR ( passport biodata page, height and eye colour) - March 8 2017

Background check in progress- March 8 2017

PPR - April 24 2017

Please could you tell me how you responded to the request of height and eye colour?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:05am On May 30, 2017
drchic:
For a family of 4 requiring PoF of about $22k ie N7 million, how .much of this can be in the form pension savings?

Also how much can be split by the couple? I have about N3 million in my pension account while my husband has about N4 million.

Thanks

You can't use ur pension fund as main PoF, however, u can submit as supporting funds by getting a letter from ur pfa where they will mention that u will have access to 25% of ur total funds when u are out of job for 4 months.

You can get a letter from ur pfa and ur hubby can get from his pfa and u attach all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:06am On May 30, 2017
Ekinado:
Good morning house
please can my school send my transcript by email or it must be through courier service?
thanks

It must be by post
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:22am On May 30, 2017

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oomowoomie: 8:23am On May 30, 2017
[quote author=ysmd post=57008998][/quote]

1) 6 months

2) its advisable to if you can. But at least 4 months statement before entering the pool (this is hoping you dont submit as soon as you get ITA, you can use part of your 90 days to make up for the remaining 6 months)

3) This shouldnt be a problem.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by joyuzo(f): 8:23am On May 30, 2017
optionese:

/quote]

Perhaps due to pressure, IQAS has changed the rules.@joyuzo I suggest you call IQAS for clarification. Considering all the pressure it won't be a bad idea to send it through NIPOST (people here have given great reviews) that way you have a back up plan . Also if you sent your documents on the 6th May, it's still too early to expect a mail
Thanks my sister and the house.I have refaxed my supporting documents and I'm also going to post them again today so be on safe hands.Will call my Sch and confirm transcripts delivery duration.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 8:57am On May 30, 2017
Feygbe:
Hello house,

I am new here. My CRS is 413, IELTS R8.5 L8 W8 S8.5. I will get 15 extra points by June in the sibling category. I have a couple of questions please

search the forum for discussions on gift deed. you can also use a declaration letter from a relative giving you the funds using his letterhead. I used that and didnt have any problems
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 8:58am On May 30, 2017
I evaluated mine using ETX-NG but the important factor is having someone to followup physically for you after ETX approves payment. ETX approved my payment and went to rest(for 7weeks)-I was jonzing. They didn't lift a finger until my file got to the right table (in just a day) at exams and records; sent someone there! Then ETX posted and transcript got to destination 4days after.
I hope this helps.
Btw, OAU sends hardcopy.
ASEC:
Great work here. OAU graduates pls help a sis. How did you get your transcript evaluated. Bearing in mind that OAU doesnt send hard copy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 9:00am On May 30, 2017
Babachi:

search the forum for discussions on gift deed. you can also use a declaration letter from a relative giving you the funds using his letterhead. I used that and didnt have any problems
cc feygbe
Also attach your account statement showing transfer of funds
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 9:21am On May 30, 2017
Feygbe:
Hello house,

Nice IELTS results...
I recently did the US PCC and I heard it takes forever 12- 14 weeks. Go to the FBI portal for instructions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Lochinny: 9:35am On May 30, 2017
Congratulations Cala
Want to be like you someday

Cala:
Hello All,

I got my COPR and visa stamp so I'm posting here just to encourage others. See my timeline below:

Aor- sept 9 2016

PPR - April 24 2017

Passport sent to Accra through dhl - May 3 2017

Passport reached Accra - May 5 2017

Application approved - May 18 2017

Pick up mail sent - May 21 2017

COPR and visa received on hand - May 25 2017

Keep praying and never give up
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Lochinny: 9:41am On May 30, 2017
Good morning house!
It's there any PNP that is currently open now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 10:44am On May 30, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

You can't use ur pension fund as main PoF, however, u can submit as supporting funds by getting a letter from ur pfa where they will mention that u will have access to 25% of ur total funds when u are out of job for 4 months.

You can get a letter from ur pfa and ur hubby can get from his pfa and u attach all.

Hi not to discredit your response. However, I just felt I should comment on this because this got me confused and is a reason for not submitting early. Hence, there is the need for clarity on this issue.

Please note that you cannot use Pension fund as POF. The reason is that the fund cannot be liquidated almost immediately. It requires time for the fund to be made available to you. Even if you submit it, it will not be calculated. It will be noted, yes - but will not be included as part of your POF. So it is better you have your POF readily intact to avoid rejection.

It takes up to 5 months, after resignation, for your Pension fund to be credited to your account. 4 months after resignation to apply for the fund and possibly 1 month for processing and subsequently crediting.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 10:47am On May 30, 2017
bbaby84:

Nice IELTS results...
I recently did the US PCC and I heard it takes forever 12- 14 weeks. Go to the FBI portal for instructions.

Thank you all for you quick responses. I did the US PCC before. Took the fingerprints while in the US. But it became invalid on going back there. My issue now is how to do the fingerprints here in Nigeria to send to the US.. Please assist
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 10:47am On May 30, 2017
Babachi:

My advice on gift deed. If you can avoid it, please do and if you cannot - please ensure all your documents are tight-slipped, no room for errors.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 10:48am On May 30, 2017
Babachi:

cc feygbe
Also attach your account statement showing transfer of funds

Thank you. Do the funds need to have been transferred to my acct for any certain period before?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:57am On May 30, 2017
Boss13:

My advice on gift deed. If you can avoid it, please do and if you cannot - please ensure all your documents are tight-slipped, no room for errors.

Seriously hmm man na wa o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:57am On May 30, 2017
Boss13:

Hi not to discredit your response. However, I just felt I should comment on this because this got me confused and is a reason for not submitting early. Hence, there is the need for clarity on this issue.

Please note that you cannot use Pension fund as POF. The reason is that the fund cannot be liquidated almost immediately. It requires time for the fund to be made available to you. Even if you submit it, it will not be calculated. It will be noted, yes - but will not be included as part of your POF. So it is better you have your POF readily intact to avoid rejection.

It takes up to 5 months, after resignation, for your Pension fund to be credited to your account. 4 months after resignation to apply for the fund and possibly 1 month for processing and subsequently crediting.

Well said bro smiley

cc: drchic

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 11:21am On May 30, 2017
dannio:

Seriously hmm man na wa o

Yes oh - Using gift deed opens your documents to more scrutiny. They know that 99% of gift deeds are actual loans, but with legal documents supporting the gift, there is nothing they can do. Rather they would review your documents very well with the view of finding errors and not completeness. In cases where slight errors can be ignored, they would hold it against the applicant.

These are not my views, but from someone who just got COPR.

My view - I will advise anyone who intends to use gift deed to avoid it at last minute. If your lender can spare the money for 6 months, use another account to collect the money and buy Treasury bills for 6 months or agree with your lender to credit your account with narration - PURCHASE PAYMENT OF ASSETS/CAR/LAND. Then go and get documents to support sales. If you still want to use gift deed - ensure your documents are over complete without errors.

I hope the Visa officers are not reading this comment sha.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 11:34am On May 30, 2017
Hello house on this Pof issue. A friend payed 3million into my account to help boost but am willing to wait 6 months before I finally update my score on the pool for ITA. Is that OK cos I don't want to use a gift deed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUnifemi4eva: 11:35am On May 30, 2017
Congratulations Cala

Cala:
Hello All,

Aor- sept 9 2016

PPR - April 24 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by odunbola: 11:38am On May 30, 2017
ETX-NG is more of a scam than anything else...Please have a student currently in school assist you...I can also share someone's contact with you if its for Masters
olamitayo:

Hello I used ETX-NG and it was done with no stress. Everything was done online.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by odunbola: 11:43am On May 30, 2017
It has to be via Courier
Ekinado:
Good morning house
please can my school send my transcript by email or it must be through courier service?
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by odunbola: 11:48am On May 30, 2017
OAU sends hard copy. They sent BSc for my husband and Masters for me so yes they do...ETX took my money and didnt do jack< I eventually processed it myself so I will advise strongly against ETX. If you know any student in school or any of your friends who is a lecturer, they are in better positions to help you than ETX. I got someone's contact in exams and records for PG school and my transcript was sent in 2 days. He even helped me get my certificate...
ASEC:
Great work here. OAU graduates pls help a sis. How did you get your transcript evaluated. Bearing in mind that OAU doesnt send hard copy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MissShakara: 12:40pm On May 30, 2017
ysmd:
Hello house on this Pof issue. A friend payed 3million into my account to help boost but am willing to wait 6 months before I finally update my score on the pool for ITA. Is that OK cos I don't want to use a gift deed.

What if the required scores go higher? Update your profile asap to get ITA, then you can wait the 3 required months to submit.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 12:49pm On May 30, 2017
ysmd:

First, this account your friend credited, is this the account you want to submit to CIC? Second, is 3 million the only POF for your category. If yes to question 2, buy Treasury bills with that 3 million and only submit TB Certificate as POF. If no, you might need a gift deed.

Alternatively, you can wait 6 or 7 months as stated, but that huge inflow should not be indicated in your statement. I don't know what narration your friend used. However, waiting will be only if your CRS score is higher than 450 and you are sure of ITA any time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tolurigs: 12:54pm On May 30, 2017
Babachi:

If you have claimed points with the job it will already be on your personal history list under employment.
I think you should answer truthfully any other question abt govt activity
thank u babachi
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adventure15: 12:55pm On May 30, 2017
Please what does the ADR ( schedule 4 and travel history) mean

Cala:
Hello All,

Aor- sept 9 2016

PPR - April 24 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.