Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (562) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2603240 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jobmman: 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
EBENEZERABAYOMI:
can one use land papers in place of money as PoF

NO, this has been answered several times.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by EBIOWE: 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2017
Hello everyone, please i need urgent advice or help. A friend has paid and had her transcript sent to WES for evaluation after wish they requested for a verification from her school ABU which the school has sent several times and yet WES is insisting they haven't gotten it. Please any advice on what to do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 1:04pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ajujuju2:

Date Recived @FBI 03/04/17
Card charged 09/06/17
Received @USA 18/06/17

I call tire. Bt u cant hurry them and it seems the timeline has increased slightly. Total of about 10wks.

Thank you...
I guess my waiting has just started as my package was delivered 9th May..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 1:05pm On Jun 20, 2017
Guys, Bill C-6 is now officially passed into law. You can now get citizenship once u spend three years out of the last five years in Canny land. grin

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2017/06/citizenship_billreceivesroyalassent.html

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamacajah: 1:30pm On Jun 20, 2017
bbaby84:

Thank you...
I guess my waiting has just started as my package was delivered 9th May..

wow! What do you guys advise? I thought I should do this after my IELTS test planned for September, so that latest November, it would be ready and still be timely. But based on this new trend, do I start now? And whats the easiet way? If I go to Alagbon for this now, won't I have to pay for their service, and then pay again when I want to do my UK PCC and my najia PCC..thats 3 payments...arrrgh.. pls help me out here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by studyexec: 1:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
alt3r3g0:

PCC for Ghana. On cic website, it was stated that they would first request for it (although i was only aware of this after they asked for it...either that or i completely forgot that i should be expecting a request because i started the process, but later stopped midway).

Advice to others post ITA, tripple check all your uploads are complete and correct. Thats the number one reason for rejection. There was a case recently of someone rejected that uploaded the same reference letter from one company twice rather than two different reference letters.

Really?
I worked in a company and was promoted to a different job title (fairly higher position), but with same NOC. EE profile requires that I separate the jobs. My plan was to get 1 letter stating the different positions and timelines. With the above case, does that mean I have to get separate reference letters for each period?

I have read on canadavisa forum that you can get one letter for all the periods you worked in a company. I also read on CIC that your reference letter should include all positions held in the company and dates.

www cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp#document_checklist

".......The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
- should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
- [b]should indicate all positions held while employed at the company [/b]and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and

Seniors, please advise on the this issue.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by HTC2017: 1:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
Wow! That's practically 4 months. Congrats!

alt3r3g0:
Finally its PPR!

AOR 1st Feb, Shows 2nd on CIC after the upgrade
Meds passed: 2nd March
NBG: 4th March
Add doc request: 8th March, Submitted 15th March
IP2: May 22nd
PPR: June 19th.
Dont know whats the deal with 15 days. Thought the standard was 30 days.

Thanks for all the info on this forum.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
studyexec:

Really?
I worked in a company and was promoted to a different job title (fairly higher position), but with same NOC. EE profile requires that I separate the jobs. My plan was to get 1 letter stating the different positions and timelines. With the above case, does that mean I have to get separate reference letters for each period?

I have read on canadavisa forum that you can get one letter for all the periods you worked in a company. I also read on CIC that your reference letter should include all positions held in the company and dates.

www cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp#document_checklist

".......The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

- should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
- [b]should indicate all positions held while employed at the company [/b]and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and

Hi - I think the example is for a different scenario. Perhaps the applicant had worked for two different companies (under the same NOC) and was going to claim points for both...& then mistakenly uploaded one reference instead of two.

You are right - one letter will suffice for your own circumstance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by alt3r3g0: 2:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
studyexec:

Really?

His own case was two different companies. Just an upload error.

So it was not caught until the fourth month when the detailed screening started.

I believe you are fine with one letter that indicates all positions.

For wifey, when creating her profile, we filled her current job position. After ITA, she had been promoted to another role (same NOC), and thats what the reference letter carried.

After uploading all docs, the place holder showed reference letter for the former role. We just raised a CSE with an LOE that the company only lists current role.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mzjennypher(f): 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ehrnie:

Hi - are you using the CRS tool on the CIC website? If so, I don't see anywhere that asks for number of family members if you ticked "single" for your marital status. Anyways, family doesn't refer to the number of brothers or sisters you've got, but to spouse + children. I believe that's what that question means.

@Ehrnie This is the link i am using

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2017
mzjennypher:

That's fine...ride on. Since it's just you then the answer should be 1...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
mzjennypher:

I think this CRS calculator link is more user friendly.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by happymumtobe: 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
Please I need urgent help.

Aor March 31St
Medical passed June 1St.

Our background check has been on NA until I checked today and saw we are processing your background check so am hoping that is IP2.

If that is IP2 am also hoping ppr will be coming soon by God's grace

My issue now is that I am travelling to the US this weekend for the birth of our baby and won't be back to Nigeria until ending of August..my husband will also be in SA for work till first week in August.
I have read that time limit to send passport is 15days but we both won't be In the country.

If ppr comes this week or next can we both risk sending our passport from different countries hoping we get it back before we need it to leave where we are.

If that is too risky please what do you advise as I won't be able to send the passport till two months after the passport request.

Will definitely be back to share my ppr time line once we get it.

Gurus in the house please help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mzjennypher(f): 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ehrnie:

That's fine...ride on. Since it's just you then the answer should be 1...

@Ehrnie thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
happymumtobe:
Please I need urgent help.

Aor March 31St
Medical passed June 1St.

Our background check has been on NA until I checked today and saw we are processing your background check so am hoping that is IP2.

If that is IP2 am also hoping ppr will be coming soon by God's grace

My issue now is that I am travelling to the US this weekend for the birth of our baby and won't be back to Nigeria until ending of August..my husband will also be in SA for work till first week in August.
I have read that time limit to send passport is 15days but we both won't be In the country.

If ppr comes this week or next can we both risk sending our passport from different countries hoping we get it back before we need it to leave where we are.

If that is too risky please what do you advise as I won't be able to send the passport till two months after the passport request.

Will definitely be back to share my ppr time line once we get it.

Gurus in the house please help.

@happymumtobe - I'm not a guru, but I will try to answer this.

I believe this is a situation change (even though it is a temporary one). You will have to notify IRCC of this change by filling the CSE form (the link is available on your AoR letter). Note that your AoR letter states that you should specifically let them know if your [b]mailing address [/b]changes. I'll suggest you do this asap after landing in USA this weekend because looking at your timeline + status change, I think you are very close to COPR...and I don't think it will be wise sending the CSE when they have already requested for your passport.

I just read on another forum that you MAY be able to ask IRCC for an extension for your passport submission.

Please hold on for others to chip in before you decide on what to do.

Wishing you a safe delivery

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by trishachi: 3:48pm On Jun 20, 2017
Congrats to everyone that has got PPR and medical passed and IELTS aced.

in anticipation for the PPR, please I have a couple of questions for the ppl that hav got their PPR.
Medical passed on May 25th
Additional Doc required - Schedule A - May 25th
Submitted -" May 30th

So my questions are:

Was there any notification for IP1 and IP2. or does that just happen on your profile and you have to check to see it?

What address in Ghana do u send the passports to when u get PPR, I didn't see any address on the PPR letter ppl hav shared.

How much did it cost to send the passports to Ghana via DHL.

What do they mean by "the passport photos should be stamped".? I had the name and address of the photo studio I used written at the back of the passport photo but there is no stamp.

Pls advice. will appreciate a quick response considering one has just 15 days to submit. so we can be prepared for it. Thanks.

ccpauloverdi ccBabachi ccczaratwork et al.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by emoch(m): 3:52pm On Jun 20, 2017
marasucco:
Goodday people, great one going on here.

Tried to read thru the thread for weeks but havent found an answer to my question so i decided to skip to the end and just ask.

I sent my BSC and a Diploma (Abridged Airframe & Power Plant) obtained from the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology Zaria to IQAS for the ECA. they assessed my BSC and didnt do d diploma. I sent them a mail to complain that the skool(NCAT) is like some named institutions in canada and the course must have been accredited by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) whose head office is in Montreal, and this is was i was told;

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) assessment outcome.

Your Diploma Abridged Airframe and Powerplant was excluded from assessment as while the awarding institution meets IQAS’s recognition requirements, the specific program does not.

Should you wish to initiate a review of your assessment outcome, please send to the IQAS office a signed request either via Fax or postal mail (a simple message similar to your email will be sufficient). Please also ensure to include any supporting evidence to substantiate your request. If you are planning to send the request by Fax, please ensure you use the applicable prefix; IQAS Fax numbers is 1-780-427-2655.

Please what shld my next line of action be becos I really need the points.

Please this you sort this out already. I'm trying to send in same for evaluation, though mine was not abridged but the full course

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamacajah: 4:01pm On Jun 20, 2017
mamacajah:

wow! What do you guys advise? I thought I should do this after my IELTS test planned for September, so that latest November, it would be ready and still be timely. But based on this new trend, do I start now? And whats the easiet way? If I go to Alagbon for this now, won't I have to pay for their service, and then pay again when I want to do my UK PCC and my najia PCC..thats 3 payments...arrrgh.. pls help me out here.

Hello Guys,

Please assist to advise me on when I should start the FBI PCC process..now or after ITA?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 4:04pm On Jun 20, 2017
Now if you are hoping to get ITA soon as it takes an average of 3 months to get it.
mamacajah:

Hello Guys,

Please assist to advise me on when I should start the FBI PCC process..now or after ITA?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ymummy234: 4:04pm On Jun 20, 2017
optionese:
Am I the only one who goes back to the posts of any person who get PPR. Like I literally read every post on express entry the person has posted.

Congratulations to the ever growing group.

Thats what i do too ohhhh - infact ehn PPR is all i look forward to now oh PPR/timeline

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamacajah: 4:28pm On Jun 20, 2017
Dammiehar:
Now if you are hoping to get ITA soon as it takes an average of 3 months to get it.
Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
This is the same situation with my husband's. UNILAG has confirmed 2ce that they've sent the verification email but WES insists that they've not received it. He has sent emails, tweets and even engaged them on the phone and they insist on it. This is so confusing.

EBIOWE:
Hello everyone, please i need urgent advice or help. A friend has paid and had her transcript sent to WES for evaluation after wish they requested for a verification from her school ABU which the school has sent several times and yet WES is insisting they haven't gotten it. Please any advice on what to do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by blaizetony: 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2017
Hello house please i need an argent response. please can someone be rejected for uploading *photocopy* of degree certificate with color copy of degree transcript in his AOR??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ljay17: 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
40manlappy:

Just imagine! angry

I had a similar experience. I was told that I failed a course when I applied for my Transcript. This was after I had collected my Degree Certificate.

It took me almost 6 months to sort it out with the school.

Crap!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 5:29pm On Jun 20, 2017
blaizetony:
Hello house please i need an argent response. please can someone be rejected for uploading *photocopy* of degree certificate with color copy of degree transcript in his AOR??
I think yes. The documents requested is to ur degree certificate not transcript. Did you upload a photocopy of your certificate? If yes you still have time to raise a CSE to scan the original
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 5:31pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ajujuju2:

Hello bro, please confirm that d document is in bakck n white. The scan i received just looks like photocpoy to me. Lol. Though the sender assures me that its a couloured scan she did.

Just call the sender back and confirm if the logo and signature are colored or not.
If colored, u need to ask for a colored scan..

If anyone else on this forum have an idea about this pls let's have your input.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by blaizetony: 5:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
optionese:

I think yes. The documents requested is to ur degree certificate not transcript. Did you upload a photocopy of your certificate? If yes you still have time to raise a CSE to scan the original

i uploaded a photocopy of my degree cert. please whats the link for CSE. and how lpng does it take to upload. thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 5:49pm On Jun 20, 2017
mamacajah:

From this current timeline, you can work towards doing it next month.
You don't need fingerprints for UK PCC

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by t405: 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
Guys I was reading on canadavisa forum that during medicals the doctors asked a 4yr old some questions and the child dint respond and it prolonged the medicals of the family as IRCC requested for subsequent evaluations for the child.

Am asking because my 3 year old is quite timid, she won't talk to someone she doesn't rily know except she's in a very jovial mood. Ve bin trying to get her out of her shell against our upcoming medicals but my madam can't just be bothered

Pls those that have done medicals for their kids of around age 3/4yrs old what was the experience like.what is expected of the kids?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 6:04pm On Jun 20, 2017
blaizetony:

i uploaded a photocopy of my degree cert. please whats the link for CSE. and how lpng does it take to upload. thank you.

Put CSE on the search button. I haven't done it so don't know the procedure
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2017
t405:
Guys I was reading on canadavisa forum that during medicals the doctors asked a 4yr old some questions and the child dint respond and it prolonged the medicals of the family as IRCC requested for subsequent evaluations for the child.

Am asking because my 3 year old is quite timid, she won't talk to someone she doesn't rily know except she's in a very jovial mood. Ve bin trying to get her out of her shell against our upcoming medicals but my madam can't just be bothered

Pls those that have done medicals for their kids of around age 3/4yrs old what was the experience like.what is expected of the kids?

Please don't worry yourself. A timid/shy child is not an offence. Perhaps the doctors notice some medical challenges
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by studyexec: 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ehrnie:

Hi - I think the example is for a different scenario. Perhaps the applicant had worked for two different companies (under the same NOC) and was going to claim points for both...& then mistakenly uploaded one reference instead of two.

You are right - one letter will suffice for your own circumstance.

Thanks for the clarification.

(1) (2) (3) ... (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.