Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,749 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2600211 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 5:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
iphie25:

Thank you so much for that tip. Means I'll only send it to the legal profession admitting abi licensing body when I get there. I still need to ask: Shebi I don't need to go through d hassles of being licensed to practice law in Canada till I get there? Coz that one won't work o....lol. I called my account officer and he said I can pay the way you guys suggested. The earliest date I've gotten for IELTS is 5th of march PH. Well by then WES would hv been done. Means I can only open a profile in llate march. It's well. When you say current employment what if I resigned last year? Although the scope of my work experience is covered under the duties for 4112 lawyers and notaries.

When you get there and you still choose to practice as a Lawyer, you can find out what it takes but for now, no need for the hassles of licensing. Regarding the fact that you may have resigned last year, you only need to provide information for the period you worked.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2016
iphie25:

Yeah I guess...still hoping to hear from thhem. BTW I think canada has more friendly requirements for migration than Australia(at least for lawyers) Australia no be here o...you hv to write d Academic module of IELTS and u must score 8.0 in writing...haba there is God o cheesy

My dear,IELTS have frustrated a lot of Australia bound nurses and doctors I know because of their bogus demand for band 8 7 7 7.Not only that, to scale through their licensing is a big problem.

You mention will sit for IELTS in PH on the 5th.lets connect.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 8:24pm On Feb 08, 2016
hartson:

My dear,IELTS have frustrated a lot of Australia bound nurses and doctors I know because of their bogus demand for band 8 7 7 7.Not only that, to scale through their licensing is a big problem.

You mention will sit for IELTS in PH on the 5th.lets connect.

Walahi those pple sha...mine is 8, 7.5, 7 and 7. They should just kuku come out plain and say they don't want us to come undecided
Yeah...am deciding on 5th but I still want to check for earlier dates. Will decide b4 d end of today.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 8:47am On Feb 09, 2016
iphie25:

Walahi those pple sha...mine is 8, 7.5, 7 and 7. They should just kuku come out plain and say they don't want us to come undecided
Yeah...am deciding on 5th but I still want to check for earlier dates. Will decide b4 d end of today.

Ok no qualms,but I think 5th is the earliest.IELTS GT is billed for 5th & 19th March.I have checked on their portal.if you take the 5th let me know.have a great day

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 10:46am On Feb 09, 2016
hartson:

Ok no qualms,but I think 5th is the earliest.IELTS GT is billed for 5th & 19th March.I have checked on their portal.if you take the 5th let me know.have a great day

Yeah...saw that too...I finally registered last night will go and raise a draft in favour of BC today. Hv u paid? What materials are you practicing with?
@jesusDway pls does WES hv a fixed charge for assessment or is it per Document? Reason am asking is because I included my lawschool certificate in my order and I was billed $233.91 CAD so now that am not assessing the law school cert...does my bill change and also can I just send only my Bachelors in Law? Hope I won't be delayed or asked for d law school cert considering it's included in my order?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 12:45pm On Feb 09, 2016
iphie25:

Yeah...saw that too...I finally registered last night will go and raise a draft in favour of BC today. Hv u paid? What materials are you practicing with?
@jesusDway pls does WES hv a fixed charge for assessment or is it per Document? Reason am asking is because I included my lawschool certificate in my order and I was billed $233.91 CAD so now that am not assessing the law school cert...does my bill change and also can I just send only my Bachelors in Law? Hope I won't be delayed or asked for d law school cert considering it's included in my order?

Oh! sorry the scores you had earlier was for academic.had it been is GT Test by now you would be talking about getting your transcript evaluated.Anyway,it seems you deploy IELTS bomb to ace the test.I have not decided yet cos that amount no be here with this kind economic crunch.I am watching the registration status closely tho.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 3:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
good afternoon people. please I am already carrying out my WES evaluation credential. They sent me an email on the 21st January and 3rd of February that copies of my document had been sent to my school for verification but till now the school claims they are yet to reveive it. please I want to ask if anyone knows the courier service they use. do they use NIPOST or the likes of DHL? while paying for my WES i ticked International express. I graduated from Imo state university and our transcript system is manual. Please can anyone help me shed light on what to do as I would really appreciate this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 4:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hello Irondome and others,kindly help me out as always.How can one delete an unwanted topic?I want to delete my own topic.help please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 7:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
hartson:

Oh! sorry the scores you had earlier was for academic.had it been is GT Test by now you would be talking about getting your transcript evaluated.Anyway,it seems you deploy IELTS bomb to ace the test.I have not decided yet cos that amount no be here with this kind economic crunch.I am watching the registration status closely tho.

Nope I meant d req for lawyers in Australia. This is d 1st time I'll be writing ielts. Pls share d ielts bomb abeg. Raised d draft today. Pls is there an office(not center) in Enugu? I'm already moving. Forward with my assessment o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 8:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
morgan2006:
good afternoon people. please I am already carrying out my WES evaluation credential. They sent me an email on the 21st January and 3rd of February that copies of my document had been sent to my school for verification but till now the school claims they are yet to reveive it. please I want to ask if anyone knows the courier service they use. do they use NIPOST or the likes of DHL? while paying for my WES i ticked International express. I graduated from Imo state university and our transcript system is manual. Please can anyone help me shed light on what to do as I would really appreciate this.

From experience, it is very likely its already with school, they just may not know which particular office it went. Check registry, transcript office or Exams and Records, it should be in one of those, tell them to check the mail movement book. Usually, seems school wants the person involved to come and pay the cost of sending the reply to the verification hence, the delay.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 8:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
iphie25:

Yeah, its fixed. Also, tell them to do the evaluation without bordering about your Law school transcript

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 9:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
JesusDWay:

Yeah, its fixed. Also, tell them to do the evaluation without bordering about your Law school transcript

Ok thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kevinoh: 6:43am On Feb 10, 2016
Hello guys,

Please is there anyone here who has had his/her credentials evaluated by WES from Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri?

My status on WES website has been "awaiting verification from your institution" since november last year.

All my efforts to get past this stage has proven abortive. I'm soliciting for help from anyone here who may have a link or contact to the particular department responsible for responding to such verification in Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri.

Thanking you guys in advance for your help.
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by joyuzo(f): 7:46am On Feb 10, 2016
hello everyone, pls I'm planning to write the exam and I need materials on it. pls kindly send to my email, joyij2010 @yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 7:57am On Feb 10, 2016
@ JesusDway and Zandora pls I want to start the WES process today but I need to know d cost of sending the documents and which one I should use. I also would like to know how long it takes to get there. A checklist of the documents to be included and the dos and donts will be appreciated as I'm exploring d possibility of not being there physically to process d transcripts.
I've raised a draft in favour of BC yesterday and I'm in Anambra ATM, how do I go about completing d payment/registration process? I also need to know d documents to include ASAP.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jugzy: 8:25am On Feb 10, 2016
Hi Iphie: I paid for WES 2 days ago with my GTB master card. I was debited 66,000. I hope this helps
JesusDWay:

Don't bother sending Law school transcripts, it wont fetch you any extra marks, your school transcript is sufficient. Meanwhile, it's your present work that matters more when you are applying, not majorly the course you studied. Even if you are a practising Lawyer, you should find the equivalent of what you do in Canada, its called NOC(National Occupation Classification), that's the work your application will be based on. Your level of qualification, IELTS Grade(you must not score less than 6 in any of the segment but know that you need far more than scoring 6 if you want to stand a good chance. You should aim at scoring the highest which is Band 9 abi it's 10), Age, no of years of work experience, etc, are what your assessment will be based on. Regarding payment for WES, you can look for the option of asking someone over there in Canada or US to pay for you with their credit card while you bargain with them the naira equivalent you'll pay them provided you can get anyone of such(that's for those who needs to use the naira)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 8:30am On Feb 10, 2016
Okay. Thank you very much. Reference letter comes much later after receiving an ITA.
irondome:

Your degree and eca shouldn't be a problem. However, your job description on ref letter should closely match the NOC code for ME technologist
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 8:49am On Feb 10, 2016
Doggys:
Okay. Thank you very much. Reference letter comes much later after receiving an ITA.

Yes sir
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 8:54am On Feb 10, 2016
Kevinoh:
Hello guys,

Please is there anyone here who has had his/her credentials evaluated by WES from Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri?

My status on WES website has been "awaiting verification from your institution" since november last year.

All my efforts to get past this stage has proven abortive. I'm soliciting for help from anyone here who may have a link or contact to the particular department responsible for responding to such verification in Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri.

Thanking you guys in advance for your help.

If you dey country, why not just close your eye and visit ya school to sort things.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jugzy: 9:11am On Feb 10, 2016
Morning guys,

Are there Lautech Peeps on this thread pls? I have started the process of evaluating my Lautech MBA. I have sent my cert to WES and my transcript should be ready this week. I will however need the contact details of the person in charge of the school email so i can prevail on him/her to reply when WES sends the email. Please help me out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 10:30am On Feb 10, 2016
iphie25:

Nope I meant d req for lawyers in Australia. This is d 1st time I'll be writing ielts. Pls share d ielts bomb abeg. Raised d draft today. Pls is there an office(not center) in Enugu? I'm already moving. Forward with my assessment o

is alright,taught you have written before.I guess IELTS office in Enugu you are talking about.it should be at Nigeria Union of Teachers(NUT) Complex Otigba round about off Ogui Junction.Don't know if they have moved to another location now.For the bomb send me your email id.cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 10:38am On Feb 10, 2016
joyuzo:
hello everyone, pls I'm planning to write the exam and I need materials on it. pls kindly send to my email, joyij2010 @yahoo.com
Thanks
check your mail.have a great day
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 10:43am On Feb 10, 2016
Thanks boss

JesusDWay:

From experience, it is very likely its already with school, they just may not know which particular office it went. Check registry, transcript office or Exams and Records, it should be in one of those, tell them to check the mail movement book. Usually, seems school wants the person involved to come and pay the cost of sending the reply to the verification hence, the delay.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 11:08am On Feb 10, 2016
jugzy:
Hi Iphie: I paid for WES 2 days ago with my GTB master card. I was debited 66,000. I hope this helps

Wow...66k? shocked How much were you billed? Isn't the exchange N197- $1?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 11:11am On Feb 10, 2016
hartson:

is alright,taught you have written before.I guess IELTS office in Enugu you are talking about.it should be at Nigeria Union of Teachers(NUT) Complex Otigba round about off Ogui Junction.Don't know if they have moved to another location now.For the bomb send me your email id.cheers

Thanks hartson...here it is gobxyp@yahoo.com. Pls is it certain that there is an office there not just a center coz I need to take the draft to them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 12:38pm On Feb 10, 2016
iphie25:

Thanks hartson...here it is gobxyp@yahoo.com. Pls is it certain that there is an office there not just a center coz I need to take the draft to them.
I have seen the mail ID.Yes that is where i know then when I was residing in Enugu but i don't know if they are still there now.why not google it and find out their location or visit their portal since you are always on net.is Enugu your base?

From the search I did, here is the address google suggested British Council,11 Bishop Onyeabo St. Enugu in Enugu.find out where the street is.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 10, 2016
iphie25:

Wow...66k? shocked How much were you billed? Isn't the exchange N197- $1?

This shouldn't surprise you cos the naira has been losing value for some time now. I did it and I paid a similar amount too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2016
hartson:

I have seen the mail ID.Yes that is where i know then when I was residing in Enugu but i don't know if they are still there now.why not google it and find out their location or visit their portal since you are always on net.is Enugu your base?

From the search I did, here is the address google suggested British Council,11 Bishop Onyeabo St. Enugu in Enugu.find out where the street is.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 4:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
4th draw in 2016! 459 CRS and 1,505 ITA Issued

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 5:28pm On Feb 10, 2016
pls apart from my bank draft and international passport copy what else do I send to the British Council in Port Harcourt for the offline payment?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 6:17pm On Feb 10, 2016
hartson:

Haba no na...I. Haven't written IELTS before. I said that a few. Lines above. Well I've sent it to a friend in Abuja to help me take to their office. I finally. Couldn't pay for d WES thing today...I've requested for a Mastercard whhen it's ready I'll now pay.

Pls cann you guys tell me what it cost you to get ur transcripts from your various. Institutions and d cost of sending it. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.