Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2604671 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Java47: 8:49am On Jul 09, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Do quick and submit so u will pass meds. What did they request?

After passing Medicals, is it safe to assume one is almost successful?

smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 8:51am On Jul 09, 2017
doyen06:
I salute all members of this thread, especially the old members. I'm making this enquiry for my sister. She's a fresh graduate of the department of pharmacy of the University of Lagos. I want her to start the pr journey any moment from now and I had like someone to shield light on how to evaluate her degree and if there's any registration she has to do. I'll appreciate comments from fellow pharmacists on the thread and all other members.

Please let her get a job first and gain experience. She is a pharmacist and a fresh graduate and I doubt if NYSC would post her to a pharmaceutical company. She may be lucky. However, she should get a job, gain 1 year experience and then apply. The experience is actually good for her. It's not about immigrating. Remember she would be living there too and also compete for jobs. With no experience, she then has to work very hard or move to another industry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 8:52am On Jul 09, 2017
Java47:

After passing Medicals, is it safe to assume one is almost successful?

smiley

No. There is eligibility hurdle and background checks - The background checks involves confirming your assertions and also includes criminal and security checks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Morbolar: 8:55am On Jul 09, 2017
Happy Sunday people. My statements are extremely heavy and compressing is not reducing it to the desired size. Pls what can i do. Hubby and i are using a joint acct mainly for savings and also our personal accts to show them the source of our funds....the personal accounts also have some of our POF in them. Pls advice how yo handle this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 8:59am On Jul 09, 2017
Boss13:

Thanks for the response. Immigration is an important process and should be properly planned. I believe the poster knew he was going to get married soon, but decided to proceed with the application. Maybe he thought of just giving it a trial. This is a wrong approach.

Marriage is also very important and if you intend to immigrate, please inform your future partner. They may or may not like the idea. This is to ensure proper planning. If he proceeds without his spouse, it takes 6 months for spouse sponsorship and that's another process, additional money and even not definite if they are issues.

If an applicant knows that he would be getting married shortly, please delay applying. Get married and start your application. There is this notion that single applicants get more CRS than married applicants and some Indians are trying to disguise their marriage or marriage plans - this is misrepresentation.

Canada is still going to take qualified immigrants in the future, as long as you are a qualifying immigrant, you stand a chance. Don't join the rush bandwagon and complicate your application.

The guy can raise CSE to inform CIC of his new situation.

Thanks for the detailed approach.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 9:01am On Jul 09, 2017
jassymama:

I will answer just number 2 and others with experience on spouse inclusion will say their bit.

DO NOT withhold info from cic cos it will backfire, if u get married before ppr inform them immediately, waiting till after ppr can lead to withdrawal of your visa cos ur wedding date will show u got married before the issuance of the visa.

This I know cos it happened to someone.

If u want to include after ppr, wait till u get the mail then u can fix ur wedding at a later date, goodluck!!!

Thanks a lot. Your response is appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 9:03am On Jul 09, 2017
Morbolar:

Any response peeps. Also, pls does Zenith GTB and First Bank give reference letter

These Banks you mentioned all give reference letter. In fact all Banks give reference letter as long as you specify it is for immigration purpose.

For your letter of consent for your wife to use POF - no need for that as long as you are an accompanying spouse. Your marriage certificate proves spousal relationship. I know this issue has led to previous arguments in the past, but I'm 100 percent certain now that you can submit spouse bank account statement as POF and also 25% of Pension is now being calculated for Nigerians as POF.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Java47: 9:14am On Jul 09, 2017
Boss13:

No. There is eligibility hurdle and background checks - The background checks involves confirming your assertions and also includes criminal and security checks.

Thanks @Boss13.

Can you give an estimated timeline? I know it differs for individuals. But I'm guessing from what I've seen, that medicals is usually the one with the longest waiting time, am I right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 9:15am On Jul 09, 2017
Morbolar:
Happy Sunday people. My statements are extremely heavy and compressing is not reducing it to the desired size. Pls what can i do. Hubby and i are using a joint acct mainly for savings and also our personal accts to show them the source of our funds....the personal accounts also have some of our POF in them. Pls advice how yo handle this.

There are various ways of compressing scanned documents. First, you reduce the resolution when scanning. The disadvantage is that the document may not be clear based on the resolution used.

There are other free applications that you can used to compress PDF - ilovepdf.com - the disadvantage is that the compressed file may not be opened and that is automatic rejection due to incomplete documentation.

Or you can move your funds in other accounts into a single account - possibly the joint account and submit single sheet statements for these account to show build up and consequent transfer into the joint account. Support this with LOE explaining why you moved these funds and also the reason you submitted single sheet statement of account for the other bank accounts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 9:18am On Jul 09, 2017
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv:

Hello planning to write Ielts on the 29th..
I will love you to give me some idea and share experience.
Btw I have done Academics before..and I had 7776.

Pls read a few pages after dat post. U will see where I gave detailed tips on my IELTS success.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 9:22am On Jul 09, 2017
perks:

I did more of listening practice on YouTube. For all others it was mainly ieltsliz.com and ielts buddy.com.

Read explanations on each test module so u understand Wat to look out for.

Also, make use of the free British council materials u get access to wen u register for d test. Listen to videos of the ielts examiners explaining d test. I found it useful.

For d exam, write ur answers in Capital letters. Warning: dis is for Listening & Reading ONLY

All d best

*Modified*
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 9:23am On Jul 09, 2017
Java47:

Thanks @Boss13.

Can you give an estimated timeline? I know it differs for individuals. But I'm guessing from what I've seen, that medicals is usually the one with the longest waiting time, am I right?

Nah Medicals is actually a simple step and conducted independently by Healthcanada. This just to interpret the medical tests conducted by panel doctors. Recall it has been uploaded. I think (my opinion), the number of applications maybe the reason for the delay. Also R10 - document checks is carried out during this period.

To answer, I think it's between 1 - 3 months and depends. Security check is usually the longest of them all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by threadstone(m): 9:45am On Jul 09, 2017
Justiyke4u:
wonderful result I must say and congratulations too. Please can you share some little experience on how you achieved the result it will be very useful. Thanks and all the best

Got a barrons ielts material from a friend. And did massive preparations on listening.. scores were 38. 35 32 32 34 etc (low scores due to distractions and i was a bit harsh on myself during marking otherwise scores will be up),
You may also want to start checking up ieltsliz.com and ieltsbuddy.com too, to watch free tips, lessons and take practice exams. Constant practice is key. Same for reading.

From my results, you can tell the preparation level by what i scored, (speaking being the least - watched youtube videos for about two days to the test). On reading you dont have to read the entire passage, just read the 1st question and go scan for the answer, thats faster- the goal is to pass and not enjoy/memorize the passage, was so confident i even took toilet breaks during reading.

In Writing, learn to Paraphrase, and write at length, task 1 and 2 took the whole two pages in case someone decides to do word count. I did only one task1 preparation but i read others and just noted ideas.

I believe you'll find all these in the sites i mentioned above. I hope that helps. Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:15am On Jul 09, 2017
seunlara:
Good day everyone. I got married to a Canadian resident and he his planning to sponsor me to Canada has his wife. All the documents required for this application is ready and am aware that the processing time is 1year. I just want to know if anyone had a successful application wish lead to getting a permanent resident card in Canada and how long before cic gave them visa? Did anyone had to wait for a year?

You may wish to visit the thread below;

https://www.nairaland.com/2271485/canada-spouse-open-work-permit

cc: Gymme

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by phf2be: 10:17am On Jul 09, 2017
My first post on this thread after following it religiously for over 2 months. I have learnt a lot by reading from other people's experiences and I hope I'll be able to contribute my 10kobo whenever the need arises too. I'm finally in the pool with 424 points. IELTS came out as LWRS 87.587.5 (i used IELTS Liz basically) and WES completed my UK Masters ECA within 20 working days after they received all relevant information. I used a Canadian address to save shipping cost and mailed a copy of my certificate to my friend who posted it to WES locally. I'm in an ICT occupation so I hope Ontario comes calling soon. Thanks to everyone who guides us on this path...

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jenny3(f): 10:43am On Jul 09, 2017
Try using jinapdf.com. Reduced my documents significantly compared to other sites I tried
Morbolar:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yungreezy: 10:53am On Jul 09, 2017
Guys can one continue this immigration process from another country, say UK? I'm thinking of doing my masters in UK this september, but I'll like to enter the pool first before leaving. So immediately after my masters, hopefully I'd have gotten my pr and can move to Canada. Is this plausible?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 11:11am On Jul 09, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

For me, I got an email and wen i logged into mycic, under "additional document requirement, i saw the msg telling me additional document is needed to process my application. It also stated i shld check my msgs.
Checking the msg table, I saw "unread" , I clicked on "read messages" & on "additional document request" a pdf letter downloaded and specified d request.....

Now to submit the requested document, u just click on "view submitted application" u will find a new placeholder and can upload from there. Make sure u go to the next stage of signature.....

To confirm that u successully submitted, ur document will show "uploaded" (besides its name in d submitted application table.) also ur messages status will show "submitted" ( besides d EE msgs in the messages table)

Hope this helps u and future enquiries.
Cheers.

Thank you for this response @ugoiyke....it's just like I expected. I'd be keeping an eye on my email then tho I dnt expect to get any ADR. Thanks nwanne

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 11:12am On Jul 09, 2017
ymummy234:

Thanks for your response hope it helps @freeradical -- me I don't know oh, my lawyer informed me yesterday and sent me the email from them, so I assumed she got the request by email.
So you are actually not doing it yourself.....u r a big girl ooo grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 11:31am On Jul 09, 2017
yungreezy:
Guys can one continue this immigration process from another country, say UK? I'm thinking of doing my masters in UK this september, but I'll like to enter the pool first before leaving. So immediately after my masters, hopefully I'd have gotten my pr and can move to Canada. Is this plausible?

Why not go do the masters in Canada? That would be the best option or get to the uk then enter the pool. But to answer ur question, yes you can. You must however inform them when you wanna leave the country, you might need to just provide ur visa stamps and maybe new addresses.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ymummy234: 11:31am On Jul 09, 2017
freeradical:
So you are actually not doing it yourself.....u r a big girl ooo grin grin

Hahaha it's not like that ooo, the lawyer Na my friend and fellow learned colleague - she moved to canny since and now does immigration law and who else to patronize her if not me... we practically did the whole process together infact ehn she taya for me say why I no do am myself sef Lool. ���
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by seunlara(f): 11:47am On Jul 09, 2017
Thank you but that link doesn't answer my question. I need people to share their experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cecegal: 12:30pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hi,

Sorry for the late response,Am not familiar with how courier works as I submitted in person however I didn't get any email or sms notification.You would get a receipt if submitted in person as you would need the receipt to process your refund if your scores gets bumped up.

Maybe email BC for a case specific enquiry.

quote author=KweenCee post=58256188]@Cecegal and any other person that applied for IELTS Remark please i have a question for you guys.

When you applied for a remark,did you receive an acknowledgement SMS or mail that they received your request? I sent my EOR through courier, I want to know if i should be expecting such from them.

Thanks as I anticipate your urgent response.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bhanjjie: 1:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
Do these guys call banks to verify funds? I have a letter stating the required funds (in an Australian bank acct), but I recently withdrew it to pay for something and might take me some months to get the balance back. Can I go ahead and use the letter as POF? What do you advise?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by caon: 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2017
hi every1,I just want to know if the CR's tool score is always same with the myCIC score,I am askin because a girlfrnd of mine insists that they don't give d same score as myCIC score is more accurate.pls how true is this assertion.cc Erhnie,40manlappy,mummyjaygirls,Deere.tank u
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 2:18pm On Jul 09, 2017
ymummy234:

Hahaha it's not like that ooo, the lawyer Na my friend and fellow learned colleague - she moved to canny since and now does immigration law and who else to patronize her if not me... we practically did the whole process together infact ehn she taya for me say why I no do am myself sef Lool. ���
Of course from the way u r following the thread I'm sure you r not just following Ur lawyer like zombie. U actually are well informed about the whole process and that way u have a better control over your application than some people who actually leave themselves at d mercy of their agents.

No mind me oo...just dat we dat r solely DIY get jealous when we see nDIY people like u flying through like wind in dis process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Morbolar: 2:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
Boss13:

These Banks you mentioned all give reference letter. In fact all Banks give reference letter as long as you specify it is for immigration purpose.

For your letter of consent for your wife to use POF - no need for that as long as you are an accompanying spouse. Your marriage certificate proves spousal relationship. I know this issue has led to previous arguments in the past, but I'm 100 percent certain now that you can submit spouse bank account statement as POF and also 25% of Pension is now being calculated for Nigerians as POF.

Thanks Boss! I hail ooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrOba: 2:41pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hi Guys, please I have a question. I am thinking of using Treasury Bill for my POF but when I asked a banker friend about it he said that as an individual I cannot buy a TB of less than N50million, that it's a recent development. Please how true is this? Is there anyone here that has recently bought TB? For how much and which bank?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pinkygrace(f): 2:48pm On Jul 09, 2017
[quote author=doyen06 post=58257716]I salute all members of this thread, especially the old members. I'm making this enquiry for my sister. She's a fresh graduate of the department of pharmacy of the University of Lagos. I want her to start the pr journey any moment from now and I had like someone to shield light on how to evaluate her degree and if there's any registration she has to do. I'll appreciate comments from fellow pharmacists on the thread and all other members. [/quote

Go through this website. Thats the pharmacy examining board of Canada website.

One of the requirement is licensing statement form Pharmacy council of Nigeria. I am NOT sure if she will be able to obtain this owing to the fact that she only has a provisional license until she finishes internship.

http://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/3116/la_id/1.htm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUnifemi4eva: 3:11pm On Jul 09, 2017
You can't buy directly with less than N50m from the primary market; however, what banks do is sum up all bids less than N50m and purchase T-bills directly from CBN then issue you a t-bill certificate; tell your friend to make enquiries from his colleagues in Treasury.
MrOba:
Hi Guys, please I have a question. I am thinking of using Treasury Bill for my POF but when I asked a banker friend about it he said that as an individual I cannot buy a TB of less than N50million, that it's a recent development. Please how true is this? Is there anyone here that has recently bought TB? For how much and which bank?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by percee17: 3:52pm On Jul 09, 2017
MrOba:

Purchased N4m at 15.5% 162days Access Bank
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 3:53pm On Jul 09, 2017
caon:
hi every1,I just want to know if the CR's tool score is always same with the myCIC score,I am askin because a girlfrnd of mine insists that they don't give d same score as myCIC score is more accurate.pls how true is this assertion.cc Erhnie,40manlappy,mummyjaygirls,Deere.tank u

It's usually the same score, except the info u provided on either site is different then there will be a difference

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.