Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2622515 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by keni: 10:58am On Jul 11, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iykezamani: 11:11am On Jul 11, 2017
I got married after PPR and included my wife. I got ADR to provide a Canadian Employment Letter and Education certificates.
I never stated in our application that we have an Employment in Canada ..how do i handle this
anybody? embarassed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 11:33am On Jul 11, 2017
iykezamani:
I got married after PPR and included my wife. I got ADR to provide a Canadian Employment Letter and Education certificates.
I never stated in our application that we have an Employment in Canada ..how do i handle this
anybody? embarassed
Hmmm wonder the reason. Maybe they want you to show you have employment to support your wife. Did they ask you to submit your passport?
Try sending a CSE explaining you have extra funds to support your wife, since you are not yet in Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iykezamani: 11:54am On Jul 11, 2017
yes they asked me to submit my passport but i didn't since i was to get married. i thought they should have asked for updated POF instead
Babachi:

Hmmm wonder the reason. Maybe they want you to show you have employment to support your wife. Did they ask you to submit your passport?
Try sending a CSE explaining you have extra funds to support your wife, since you are not yet in Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GenJuma: 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
I got Ontario NOI and I'm trying to gather my documents. I renewed my Pasport in March 2017 which means I have Scan and upload my expired passport pages (If new passport is less than 2 years old). Unfortunately, I do not have this expired passport again. Do I just go ahead and upload the new one alone. Will a Letter of Explanation Suffice? Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2017
elfmann:

Person wey sabi talk. Hahaha.
Oga, face your aboki business grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 12:04pm On Jul 11, 2017
No ITA yet but we are gathering required document in preparation for ITA.

We have gathered pretty much everything but Proof of funds is still a little issue. We have about 80% of the required funds (T.bills and domiciliary account) but we are concerned about the balance 20. Can we use our pensions' accounts to make up the balance? 25% of our pensions is way more than what we actually need to make up the balance.

Thanks for your anticipated responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 12:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
GenJuma:
I got Ontario NOI and I'm trying to gather my documents. I renewed my Pasport in March 2017 which means I have Scan and upload my expired passport pages (If new passport is less than 2 years old). Unfortunately, I do not have this expired passport again. Do I just go ahead and upload the new one alone. Will a Letter of Explanation Suffice? Thank you all.
Not so sure but I think you'll need to get a police report and probably an affivadit to support your claim that its missing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2017
mamacajah:

Bros, thanks for this feedback but I have been collecting my transcript from OAU since 2001/2 and its been the same story. Infact I learnt the story as an undergraduate when I saw how former students suffered to get their transcript after many years. Until this one, I always used someone or in the earlier days, I went down myself and sat on their necks, within 2 days, I got my results out. This time I decided to follow official route, it is still on-going. It is well, hope you have been able to resolve yours sha?
Since you've gotten it before, shouldn't take so long.Thought it was a fresh transcript. No didn't go there for transcript, sorted that last year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mmanwanyi: 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2017
Good day All,

I have been following this thread for a while now. Please I have a question. Can one apply stating that she is married but her husband will not be following her to Canada. My husband has a good job in Nigeria and he is a bit skeptical about leaving it and relocating. Please how will this affect my application? I need the guru's in the house to help me.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blingyrie: 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2017
dtush:

arm seCURITIES IS YOUR GO TO.

i BOUGHT RECENTLY. gOOD RATES AND LOWER CHARGES
Higher than TB rates?? Moreover TB fees are very very neglible almost unnoticeable
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blingyrie: 12:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
mmanwanyi:
Good day All,

I have been following this thread for a while now. Please I have a question. Can one apply stating that she is married but her husband will not be following her to Canada. My husband has a good job in Nigeria and he is a bit skeptical about leaving it and relocating. Please how will this affect my application? I need the guru's in the house to help me.

Thank you.
He can land during his vacation and get back to work. Use d period to search for a better work in canny; but where at d end of 3yrs nothing, he can apply for study leave and use d 2yrs to satisfy pr requirements. That's wat mine is planning.

Still bent on him unaccompanying, declare on ya EE profile n e-apr. u should be ok
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by anaxagoras: 12:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
I have a quick question,

My POF for two candidates is ready (4M). Do i leave it in one of my seperate account for 6 months?

I am planning to to my ECA and take the IELTS. I should be done by September.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Topboyz5: 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
MrOba:
Hi Guys, please I have a question. I am thinking of using Treasury Bill for my POF but when I asked a banker friend about it he said that as an individual I cannot buy a TB of less than N50million, that it's a recent development. Please how true is this? Is there anyone here that has recently bought TB? For how much and which bank?

I heard it too but I just did something much lower 2 days ago
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
ajiifixing:

See it in a positive light. Your child will have an advantage over his peers and he will start on a shinning note.
This will boost his confidence and being a new environment he wont see it as stepping down (except YOU make him see it like that).
You create your world.

It's not that easy. A child in Grade 2 knows that he is in Grade 2 and was promoted from Grade 1. Telling the person that the new place would make you do Grade 1 again is just....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2017
mmanwanyi:
Good day All,

Thank you.
I will advise you include him in your application but u should be the PA. When u guys land after COPR he may come back and continue with his job while u and d kids if any remain in Canada. You cannot compare d value and standard of education your family will have access to as Canadian PRs with staying in this country.

As for your husband you need to advise him well. Nigeria I know is a very unstable and uncertain place. Many people have fallen from grace to grass doing the same job or type of business in this country simply because there is no consistency. All it takes is for one silly govt policy and everything u have worked so hard for comes crashing down before your very eyes. Imagine dat between 2015 to now just because of change in forex policy many jobs were lost. That's naija for u.

Let your husband keep his job but be on the look out for other opportunities in Canada. He can always apply for them from Nigeria using his Canada address and when he lands a good job he resigns from the naija jobs and the whole family can be reunited again.

It's up to you to sell this idea to your hubby because right now he is in his comfort zone and will be very resistant to leaving it. I wish you guys success in your Canadian endeavours

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
XX01:

It's not that easy. A child in Grade 2 knows that he is in Grade 2 and was promoted from Grade 1. Telling the person that the new place would make you do Grade 1 again is just....

It's not that hard, I understand your concern as a mum, but trust me the child would not even think it.
There are too many new things to learn, in a few weeks, he would forget which class he was formerly.
Your child would even tell you he loves his new class, don't even think about it, some children who have started regular primary classes in Nigeria, get to Canada, and have to go to pre-kindergaten, or even stay at home.
It is what it is jare, when you settle in, it would be the least of what you would even remember.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
KweenCee:
Hello guys,

Please is there any implication using an IELTS undergoing remark for OINP application? My IELTS is 5 weeks into the remark process and i want to submit my OINP application? What's your opinion on this?

Thanks.

You can't use it cos the details on both the new and old certs will be different
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mmanwanyi: 1:17pm On Jul 11, 2017
Thank you so much I appreciate. The issue is that because of his lackadaisical attitude, he is not studying for the IELTS and we really need points from there as we have no direct sibling in Canada so I was wondering if I apply and declare that he is not coming, will my scores be accessed as that of a single applicant?
Blingyrie:

He can land during his vacation and get back to work. Use d period to search for a better work in canny; but where at d end of 3yrs nothing, he can apply for study leave and use d 2yrs to satisfy pr requirements. That's wat mine is planning.

Still bent on him unaccompanying, declare on ya EE profile n e-apr. u should be ok

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 1:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
XX01:

Tell him It's a new country and explain that their grade 1 is the same as Naija's grade 2. End of discussion grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mmanwanyi: 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2017
Thank you so much. I really appreciate. However, The issue is that because of his lackadaisical attitude, he is not studying for the IELTS and we really need points from there as we have no direct sibling in Canada so I was wondering if I apply and declare that he is not coming, will my scores be accessed as that of a single applicant?
freeradical:
I will advise you include him in your application but u should be the PA. When u guys land after COPR he may come back and continue with his job while u and d kids if any remain in Canada. You cannot compare d value and standard of education your family will have access to as Canadian PRs with staying in this country.

As for your husband you need to advise him well. Nigeria I know is a very unstable and uncertain place. Many people have fallen from grace to grass doing the same job or type of business in this country simply because there is no consistency. All it takes is for one silly govt policy and everything u have worked so hard for comes crashing down before your very eyes. Imagine dat between 2015 to now just because of change in forex policy many jobs were lost. That's naija for u.

Let your husband keep his job but be on the look out for other opportunities in Canada. He can always apply for them from Nigeria using his Canada address and when he lands a good job he resigns from the naija jobs and the whole family can be reunited again.

It's up to you to sell this idea to your hubby because right now he is in his comfort zone and will be very resistant to leaving it. I wish you guys success in your Canadian endeavours
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Lovadeshy: 1:36pm On Jul 11, 2017
hello everyone, am just joining this great group right now. please can anybody help summarize what I need to do to qualify for the Canadian express entry/FSW program or any suitable suggestion will be highly valued. am a graduate, single and hoping to succeed anywhere. thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2017
debbiejosh:

It's not that hard, I understand your concern as a mum, but trust me the child would not even think it.
There are too many new things to learn, in a few weeks, he would forget which class he was formerly.
Your child would even tell you he loves his new class, don't even think about it, some children who have started regular primary classes in Nigeria, get to Canada, and have to go to pre-kindergaten, or even stay at home.
It is what it is jare, when you settle in, it would be the least of what you would even remember.

You're right. Most of the time it's more about us the parents than the children themselves. I personally let my son stay back due to his age( born in October) so while his mates born in the same year are in Year 2 he's in Year 1 but looking at the list again he will stay back again another class. I'm Perfectly fine with that as he will relearn and reknow things he already knows and grow in maturity. At least I know he'll graduate in the 4 years of Uni( unlike in Naija where people spent 5,6,7 years thanks to strike here and there).
Like I tell my friends where are we rushing to?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 1:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
Hello Guys,
How long did it take for the payment after submission of eAPR to reflect? I just submitted mine and the page said DECLINED - TRANSACTION NOT APPROVED and the note below indicating "Call for Authorization" but the eAPR profile says Payment Processing. I read something about it taking 24 hours to reflect just before I submitted.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
mmanwanyi:
Thank you so much. I really appreciate. However, The issue is that because of his lackadaisical attitude, he is not studying for the IELTS and we really need points from there as we have no direct sibling in Canada so I was wondering if I apply and declare that he is not coming, will my scores be accessed as that of a single applicant?
You can't apply as a single applicant because that will be seen as misrepresentation which may land u a 5year ban. However, you may apply as a married but you will declare Ur husband as an unaccompanying spouse. That way u won't have to do ECA for him or will he be required to do IELTS.

I still suggest you make him see reason to opt to take d immigration seriously. He has nothing to lose really. Let him see it as a plan B option for the family. I'm sure if he keys into the aim he will be motivated and will perform well I'm his IELTS. As an accompanying spouse he only needs to score 7777 in LRSW to give u the max pts and that shouldn't be too difficult.

Do your research about Canada very well and sell the idea to him. Someone posted something about education earlier, there is also their healthcare system. Then also is the economic opportunities. All these r things u can use to make a strong case. It's not easy for young families to live separately so I don't know how you guys r gonna cope If you split the family.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 1:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
Yooku:
Hello Guys,
How long did it take for the payment after submission of eAPR to reflect? I just submitted mine and the page said DECLINED - TRANSACTION NOT APPROVED and the note below indicating "Call for Authorization" but the eAPR profile says Payment Processing. I read something about it taking 24 hours to reflect just before I submitted.
Thanks
The payment should reflect almost immediately and you will get a transaction receipt. I think your payment didn't go through so you have to try again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ferfer(m): 1:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
Abby2017:
Lol...sorry i had to laugh. This your process sounds like 2 months journey.
You sound like you work for ETX @ it is not their fault, so it is my fault abi, Ok.
My bro/sis, OAU transcript doesn't need more than a week to be ready if everyone is doing their job, max 2weeks if you are applying for the first time.
So you can pay through ETX and follow up the remaining part yourself and let ETX dispatch on completion.
So if you are really in Ife, don't waste time, enter a cool headed smiling officer there, buy "recharged cards" and get them to work.
All the best!
Its not the fault of ETX, there is a particular staff, employed by OAU in charge of confirmation...believe me,I was sweating blood before he could confirm my qualification. All because I was being pro-active and paid the NGN3,500 for the verification into the school coffers instead of his pocket.......that is a fact and it is indisputable....

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 2:09pm On Jul 11, 2017
Lovadeshy:
hello everyone, am just joining this great group right now. please can anybody help summarize what I need to do to qualify for the Canadian express entry/FSW program or any suitable suggestion will be highly valued. am a graduate, single and hoping to succeed anywhere. thank you

Welcome on-board. Summary is on page [0]. Familiarise yourself with the info there and then return with your tailored questions.

All the best...

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 2:22pm On Jul 11, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Tell him It's a new country and explain that their grade 1 is the same as Naija's grade 2. End of discussion grin

Best idea. Love it.

@Debbiejosh, thanks for weighing in on this. It's hard for me o because his cousins would then be in a higher class. They gave him double promotion because they noticed that he became too distracted when he found learning too easy.

Let me not derail the thread with my musings. Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
Yooku:
Hello Guys,
Thanks

1-Check the funds in your account whether is sufficient enough
2-Which type of payment mode are you using
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 2:36pm On Jul 11, 2017
dannio:

1-Check the funds in your account whether is sufficient enough
2-Which type of payment mode are you using

1. More than enough funds :-)
2. VISA Card
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2017
freeradical:
The payment should reflect almost immediately and you will get a transaction receipt. I think your payment didn't go through so you have to try again.

Hmm, that's not good news. Can't do anything on the eAPR profile now too because it indicates as "Processing Payment"

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.