Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2609568 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 11:50am On Jul 10, 2017
ymummy234:

Principal travel ID is Nigerian Passport

In your opinion, do you think this would be compulsory? I don't think i will get the Naija passport for him so just want to use the US one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Morbolar: 11:54am On Jul 10, 2017
XX01:

Please apply and join the pool. Leave out ECA for your wife totally until you get it. Where they ask if it has been assessed, write no and claim no points for it. Whenever she gets her ECa, you can update your information if it will still be necessary.

Perfect advise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2017
Seer247:
Please house, I intend evaluated my transcript through WES, (any other preferred evaluating body suggestion will be appreciated)

1. Should I send them the transcript through my school? Only transcripts sent through schools would be accepted. Make sure it is sealed and stamped across the flap.
2. Can I send them the soft copy of my degree cert and through wat means (email or fax)? Fax them the soft copy once you register or once your transcript reaches them.
3. Can I pay using my naira master card? Thanks. No. You need a dollar denominated card.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chinchum(m): 11:58am On Jul 10, 2017
Morbolar:
Hmmmm.....my people pls who has gotten ref letter from Zenith Bank. Hubby went there for his ref letter and they said the request must be made by his employer and they have to seek an ED's approval. Any contrary experience pls?
I only used my 6 months Zenith bank statement, and explained via Letter of explanation that bank refused to issue letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by phf2be: 11:58am On Jul 10, 2017
phf2be:

Still on this PoF thing, I want to know if it's still necessary to get account statement if I'm using a fixed term deposit in my savings acct accompanied with a letter from same bank stating my average balance within 6 months on my salary (current) acct which I've maintained for over 10yrs. I intend to fix the money post ITA for 6 months. Make una help me think am abeg...

House, any thoughts on this please? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Happylassy: 12:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
I am not sure what bank you are using, but it is quite hectic getting any bank to print six months balance in a letter. It is not impossible, many guys on this platform have done it. I would recommend you just print your 6 months statements, and say in your LOE that that is what you are able to provide to meet their requirements. The only ish would be if there are transactions in there that are "suspect" not because the money is not legit, but because it is not commensurate to your income. If that be the case, kindly explain these inflows in your LOE.

All the best

phf2be:

House, any thoughts on this please? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Seer247: 12:11pm On Jul 10, 2017
@ Kontagious, thanks a lot for ur response I appreciate.
But the monthly spending limit on my naira master card has just been reviewed from $100 too $1000.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ymummy234: 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
XX01:

In your opinion, do you think this would be compulsory? I don't think i will get the Naija passport for him so just want to use the US one.

hmmn i am not sure its compulsory - but let others weigh in as well. my experience was with with the two passport so....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 12:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
Thanks a lot for your response.
boldinc:
Q-Life is good and more affordable if you have kids... Kids pay less.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 12:51pm On Jul 10, 2017
revlane:
To those that got married after AOR. Please I have these questions.
1. If I want to upload additional funds for spouse, can I just fix it for three months since my application will be almost three months by then.
2. Am thinking of adding spouse after PPR mail, is that a good strategy? As anyone done this successfully.
3. Like how long will it take to finalise spouse application when added.

Thanks
For people that added after AOR it has prolonged their application don't know if it will be better after PPR. If you are already married I think you need to inform them now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sammyacbxyz: 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2017
What would it cost u to provide bank statement? Don't make then think u have something u 're trying to hide.

phf2be:

Still on this PoF thing, I want to know if it's still necessary to get account statement if I'm using a fixed term deposit in my savings acct accompanied with a letter from same bank stating my average balance within 6 months on my salary (current) acct which I've maintained for over 10yrs. I intend to fix the money post ITA for 6 months. Make una help me think am abeg...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by merrymum: 1:00pm On Jul 10, 2017
ymummy234:

hmmn i am not sure its compulsory - but let others weigh in as well. my experience was with with the two passport so....

As your child is a US citizen, he/she doesn't need a visa to enter Canada. So you can upload both passport biodata pages but you won't be sending the child's passport for visa stamping when you get PPR because the child is already a citizen of a visa-free country (US). It's same with my daughter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by phf2be: 1:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
Happylassy:

I am not sure what bank you are using, but it is quite hectic getting any bank to print six months balance in a letter. It is not impossible, many guys on this platform have done it. I would recommend you just print your 6 months statements, and say in your LOE that that is what you are able to provide to meet their requirements. The only ish would be if there are transactions in there that are "suspect" not because the money is not legit, but because it is not commensurate to your income. If that be the case, kindly explain these inflows in your LOE.

All the best

Thanks a lot @Happylassy. The funds for the FTD will be available post ITA through a wire transfer and explaining that lump sum might be a problem if I print full account statements. So I was thinking a bank letter accompanying the deposit certificate and probably an LOE would suffice?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by grammy010: 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello fam,

Please does any one know if someone can evaluate their degree (in Dentistry) with IQAS, just for evaluation to meet the EE requirements and not necessarily to practice in Canada. Pls any kind advice or suggestion is welcome.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by phf2be: 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2017
sammyacbxyz:
What would it cost u to provide bank statement? Don't make then think u have something u 're trying to hide.

Ok. This is noted but I thought there were options apart from printing out statements?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 1:16pm On Jul 10, 2017
Morbolar:
Hmmmm.....my people pls who has gotten ref letter from Zenith Bank. Hubby went there for his ref letter and they said the request must be made by his employer and they have to seek an ED's approval. Any contrary experience pls?

I inquired from a Zenith Bank staff and learned that indeed, ED's approval is required for references in favour of embassies that are outside the country. In addition, his employer would have to make that request being a salary account.

The way out is for your hubby to request that the letter should be addressed to the Canadian High Commission at Anifowose. I confirmed that a contemporary of mine used same to secure Ontario nomination recently.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Happylassy: 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2017
Is your bank willng to supply this letter with your balances? I would advise you explain the lump sum. Many people have done the gift deed route for PoF. You might want to research into that. Thinking about it, the inflow will still raise a red flag because the balance on Month submission will be significantly different from the month pre submission. CIC will still wonder where the money came from. Please dont give your self sleepless nights, make sure your paper trail is air tight.

If I were you, I will get a gift deed for the inflow. Or sell an asset to show the inflow.

Experienced contributors please weigh in!

phf2be:

Thanks a lot @Happylassy. The funds for the FTD will be available post ITA through a wire transfer and explaining that lump sum might be a problem if I print full account statements. So I was thinking a bank letter accompanying the deposit certificate and probably an LOE would suffice?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by telias: 1:37pm On Jul 10, 2017
Visa is not required for visiting up to 6 months only. For pendant residency, processing still required. In my own case, I used their US passports as the principal ID
merrymum:

As your child is a US citizen, he/she doesn't need a visa to enter Canada. So you can upload both passport biodata pages but you won't be sending the child's passport for visa stamping when you get PPR because the child is already a citizen of a visa-free country (US). It's same with my daughter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chinchum(m): 1:38pm On Jul 10, 2017
Babachi:

For people that added after AOR it has prolonged their application don't know if it will be better after PPR. If you are already married I think you need to inform them now.
I got married 10 days after AOR, and upgraded my application . Aor to ppr was 135 days. Maybe i could have spent less though if i had remained single.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 1:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
Seer247:
@ Kontagious, thanks a lot for ur response I appreciate.
But the monthly spending limit on my naira master card has just been reviewed from $100 too $1000.
If this is valid, then you should be able to pay using your naira card. However, I believe the increase in limit should be general than individual specific as I am yet to receive any such notice on my naira accounts.
As mentioned earlier, you can pay using a dollar card should the payment not go through on your naira card.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MissG(f): 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello All,

My middle name comes first in my Bsc and Msc certificates, will that be a problem for my PR application? I didn't have any issue with my SINP nomination, not sure about CIC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dejavus: 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hi All,

Can anyone shed light on how to get Transcript for WES from OAU ife. I looked at the ETX-NG website, but it seems they only deal with Transcript request from inside Nigeria.

Any pointers or help will be appreciated.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Seer247: 2:13pm On Jul 10, 2017
@Kontagious, tnx for d response. I actually got email today from GTB I believe its general stuff.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamacajah: 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2017
dejavus:
Hi All,

Can anyone shed light on how to get Transcript for WES from OAU ife. I looked at the ETX-NG website, but it seems they only deal with Transcript request from inside Nigeria.

Any pointers or help will be appreciated.

Cheers
Don't use that link at all, its a complete waste of time, trust me. I didn't know and got stuck in it, till now almost a month after paying for verification, the request is yet to be actioned despite several follow ups. Its really annoying.

You need to send someone physically to the Exam and records to do the whole process, get transcript and then follow up for verification unless you want to use IQAS, then, only to get transcript.
just search OAU transcript on this thread, someone once offered contact details for help in this matter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2017
Morbolar:

It is a salary account. What wud u advise pls

Two options:
** Upgrade the account to a personal one.
Get them two references and a current utility bill. Note this process may take a while so better to give zenith references so it can b fastracked.

** Use another bank.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Meoos: 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2017
40manlappy:

You can claim work experience obtained within the last 10 years. 2011-2013 still falls within. See the picture below.

Can you obtain reference letter for the work experience?

Thanks Bro
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AlexanderGreat(m): 3:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
RUN!!!

yhormite:
pls am a young Graduate currently serving I wanna travel out after nysc to escape the mess in this Country because its unbearable I have a Travel Agent in Ibadan that wanna help me to process the Visa to Canada 2years Employment Visa and everything is 600k they said I will pay 300k and after d Visa is out I will pay the rest how authentic is this and how can I confirm

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AlexanderGreat(m): 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
for Q2, go to the registry and get a marriage certificate so you can add her before PPR. Its's easier that way and you both get the PR together.
revlane:
To those that got married after AOR. Please I have these questions.
1. If I want to upload additional funds for spouse, can I just fix it for three months since my application will be almost three months by then.
2. Am thinking of adding spouse after PPR mail, is that a good strategy? As anyone done this successfully.
3. Like how long will it take to finalise spouse application when added.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AlexanderGreat(m): 3:18pm On Jul 10, 2017
How recent is this please? I mean when was your AOR and PPR?
chinchum:
I got married 10 days after AOR, and upgraded my application . Aor to ppr was 135 days. Maybe i could have spent less though if i had remained single.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chinchum(m): 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2017
AlexanderGreat:
How recent is this please? I mean when was your AOR and PPR?
ppr (june 15, 2017)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Faky201: 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2017
J
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Faky201: 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
That's what I am doing for my son, he only has his us passport, no naija. However, there is an error in my daughter's name in her US passport so I want to submit just d naija one. Please anyone with experience on this matter
pampem:

Great.
Please on this US born children matter. Can one use their Nigeria passport? As the main travel Doc? And just report the US citizenship under the citizenship(s) coulmn?
I intend using that for my US born. I hope it's okay

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.