Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2606369 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tola73(m): 2:33pm On Mar 04, 2016
I got my PPR on Monday Feb 29th, 2016 and submitted yesterday to Accra.

Other request that came with PPR are PCC, Schedule A form, IMM5406 and POF

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tola73(m): 2:35pm On Mar 04, 2016
4watever:
This CIC people sef.
I am an FSW 2014 applicant. Medical results received since Sept 2015.

I didn't hear from them untill this week. I got a mail on Tuesday asking me to resend my statement of account along with the update form 5669 (background declaration)

This will be the third time am submitting acct statement.

First in 2014 along with initial application, secondly in Sept when I sent my medical results, the statement was requested for again. At that time (sept), I had almost double the required amount in my acct (Acct A).

After I submitted in sept, I didn't hear from them again. So I transferred some of the money out (for personal reasons) around January 2016. The remaining balance was still above the required amount. Later on when the money returned, I had it paid into another of my bank accounts (Acct B)

Now I got a mail from them on Tuesday asking for a bank statement and updated form 5669.

The remaining balance in the original acct (Acct A) is still more than the required amount by abt 100k even after using marked up figures

$12, 000 * 150 = 1.8m

(Actual amount required is $11, 931 & CAD rate is less than 150)

The question is : Should I use the Acct A statement as it is or should I transfer from Acct B acct into Acct A to consolidate and double the amount required?

cc

zandora

Jesusdway

tola73

others

you can print both statement but for any large deposit into your account ensure you back it up with proper documents. All the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2016
Hello Everyone.
Sorry for bringing you all back with this question.

To be Eligible for the E.E do you need to follow the result given to you by the CRS link or the ''Come to Canada'' [check your eligibility] Express Entry Pool link on their website.

I do hope you understand what I mean.
The CRS gives a number, mine is sadly 389. But when i answer the questions on the E.E. link, it says that ''Based on your answers, you appear to be eligible for Express Entry''

Please explain, so i know if I should forget this based on my CRS Score and face my miserable job here! Or continue with trying for the E.E

Thank you all

Tried sending Zandora a personal message but that didn't work embarassed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 4watever: 3:02pm On Mar 04, 2016
tola73:
I got my PPR on Monday Feb 29th, 2016 and submitted yesterday to Accra.

Other request that came with PPR are PCC, Schedule A form, IMM5406 and POF

Wow. Congrats man

Happy for ya
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 4watever: 3:11pm On Mar 04, 2016
tola73:
you can print both statement but for any large deposit into your account ensure you back it up with proper documents. All the best

I don't wanna use that second statement cos then I'd have to explain. When I moved the money from statement A, it stayed outside for a few weeks (I actually purchased dollars on d black market with and kept it at home as banks were not accepting USD then).
When I sold the dollars, the abo-ki transferred the money into my acct B from his own acct. His name shows up in d statement

I'd have to explain the relationship between Abdul and me and how the money came in. While trying to explain that, I'd definitely have explain that it was originally my money from Acct A bla bla bla. Then start to explain why the cash stayed outside the banking system before coming back into acct B
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 4:05pm On Mar 04, 2016
primeson1:

So ican is irrelevant here... Only acca then.
But I am still combining the ACCA with my Bsc and you said it's equivalent to 3 years Bsc. What's the essence of the acca then if it's the same as Bsc. Sorry for my questions o.

Thank you so much

Cc Garykasparov, Zandora. .. Please respond to this... Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cuteannie02: 7:58pm On Mar 04, 2016
bclingerie:
Hello Everyone.

To be Eligible for the E.E do you need to follow the result given to you by the CRS link or the ''Come to Canada'' [check your eligibility] Express Entry Pool link on their website.

The CRS gives a number, mine is sadly 389. But when i answer the questions on the E.E. link, it says that ''Based on your answers, you appear to be eligible for Express Entry''

Please explain, so i know if I should forget this based on my CRS Score and face my miserable job here! Or continue with trying for the E.E

Thank you all

Once d come to Canada tool says u r eligible then you are, so far the information you provided is correct, as far as the crs score is concerned, based on the information you provided, dats wia u stand now if you enter the pool, you still stand a chance of increasing the score if you choose to continue by increasing ur ielts score or getting more education or getting a job offer in Canada. The last option is quite difficult to get, so ur best bet is to focus on ielts

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mishooo(m): 8:57pm On Mar 04, 2016
bclingerie:
Hello Everyone.
Thank you all

Have you verified your Certificates?? You can be ineligible if your academic certificates have not been verified with the appropriate bodies.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shabbey09: 6:48am On Mar 05, 2016
Hello people,
Any noc 9212 in the house?
Pls I need assistance.

Do you require to submit license certifate/trade certificate for noc 9212 under FSW?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ssemire(f): 7:37am On Mar 05, 2016
Good morning guys. Please I have not yet paid my RPRF. can this affect my application? Was not able to pay all fees at the point of submitting my application due to limits. I want to pay but don't know how to go about it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 4:55pm On Mar 05, 2016
Guys please help o. I want to confrim again if I can include my OND certificate and transcript for evaluation by WES. I entered University through direct entry (OND).

I saw this on their faq page :

I was exempted from part of my program (e.g. year 1) due to prior study completed. Do I need to provide transcripts for all prior study as well?
Yes. WES will require academic transcripts for all study leading to your qualification, including prior study that granted you study exemptions. WES will not issue an evaluation report that does not include a complete record of your study.

And how long does it take WES to issue a reference number if I pay by Monday 7th, March.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AlphaNumero: 6:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
vcole:
Congrats on your PPR. Could you kindly give a breakdown of your entire process? for learning purposes. thanksssss.

I am not sure I have the accurate dates in my head but I'll try.

I received an ITA in July and submitted my first application in September. 3rd of September. My application was rejected on the 9th of September because I murked up my police report. The police report from when I lived in the UK was outdated. Lol if I had been more diligent in my research I won't have made that error.

Got back into the pool and received another ITA the following week or thereabouts.

Submitted New application 1st October. Received AOR a couple of days after.
Medical passed a few days after that.

Then the long silence. BG check in progress on February 28. PPR March 2.

Yay! Still on the journey so the experience continues.

This forum as well as Canadavisa.com -very useful and helped me keep calm. Lol Pretty much confirmed the 5month Mark for EE Outland applicants.

All the best.make sure you have all your ducks in a row before you apply.

Oh one more thing.... it takes about 8 weeks to have your money refunded after you've been rejected. So just be patient.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
AlphaNumero:

I am not sure I have the accurate dates in my head but I'll try.

I received an ITA in July and submitted my first application in September. 3rd of September. My application was rejected on the 9th of September because I murked up my police report. The police report from when I lived in the UK was outdated. Lol if I had been more diligent in my research I won't have made that error.

Got back into the pool and received another ITA the following week or thereabouts.

Submitted New application 1st October. Received AOR a couple of days after.
Medical passed a few days after that.

Then the long silence. BG check in progress on February 28. PPR March 2.

Yay! Still on the journey so the experience continues.

This forum as well as Canadavisa.com -very useful and helped me keep calm. Lol Pretty much confirmed the 5month Mark for EE Outland applicants.

All the best.make sure you have all your ducks in a row before you apply.

Oh one more thing.... it takes about 8 weeks to have your money refunded after you've been rejected. So just be patient.

congrats. we are happy for u. one question pls. when u say your police report for your stay in d UK was 'outdated' what do u mean pls??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TruePearl(f): 10:35pm On Mar 05, 2016
ssemire:
Good morning guys. Please I have not yet paid my RPRF. can this affect my application? Was not able to pay all fees at the point of submitting my application due to limits. I want to pay but don't know how to go about it.

Upfront payment of RPRF is optional. Not paying it upfront does not affect the application - it only results in a slight delay as CIC has to request for and receive it before completing your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 8:50am On Mar 06, 2016
primeson1:
Guys please help o. I want to confrim again if I can include my OND certificate and transcript for evaluation by WES. I entered University through direct entry (OND).

I was exempted from part of my program (e.g. year 1) due to prior study completed. Do I need to provide transcripts for all prior study as well?
Yes. WES will require academic transcripts for all study leading to your qualification, including prior study that granted you study exemptions. WES will not issue an evaluation report that does not include a complete record of your study.

And how long does it take WES to issue a reference number if I pay by Monday 7th, March.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by edababa007(m): 9:33am On Mar 06, 2016
[quote author=primeson1 post=43521560][/quote]

WES will issue you a reference number immediately you register and you can pay later.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ZannyShasha: 1:44pm On Mar 06, 2016
JesusDWay:

It can be a daunting task taking a decision in the situation you are in but, the pros are more than the cons. Yeah, the fear of the unknown may be there but don't forget, the greatest risk is not to take a risk at all.

Don't know what your level of education is but if your husband were to assess his own, it's deemed the equivalent of Masters and helps one to have a higher score overall than someone with a Bsc however, age also determines your score and you have an edge there. Besides, if the school your hubby graduated from is in Nigeria, getting his MCC done can really take time and it's also costly but, he doesn't have a choice as it's needed for him to even be able to register and take the qualifying exams.

From my assessment, if you have a Masters, you are better as the Principal Applicant and using WES to do evaluation of your qualification will be faster than waiting for hubby's own which can only be done with MCC but if it's a Bsc you have, hubby will be better as PA but you will need to be proactive in finding a way by which you can get his MCC done very fast so that you can apply this year.

There are 3 stages of the qualifying exams to be able to practice as a doctor in Canada and from what I've heard, if you pass stage 1, you can use it to get a job. This stage 1 can be done remotely(don't need to explain what I mean here, a lawyer knows bigger grammar than an average person grin ) which can help him get a job faster so, no need fearing a future in Canada.

Finally, concentrate very much on your IELTS, whoever will be the PA between you two must score 8.5L, 8R, 7.5S&W, that's what will ensure you guys can score above 400 which may be necessary. Meanwhile, what kind of job are you doing? If it's something other than practicing law, one might be able to see if you can apply for provincial nomination

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate the help.and im devouring it all up. I'm trying to read up all I can and I'm just learning the abbreviations and the lingo on here. You guys are doing such an amazing job.

I have a Masters degree and No, I'm not in litigation practice. I work in healthcare. So do you think provincial nomination might be the way to go? How does that work? Which province is best? How long does it take generally. Or should we stick with the FSW. I'm just trying to weigh all options available.

Also, I have a sister I'm presently seeing thru Uni, can I add her as my primary dependent and go with her even though she's 20?

Thanks and Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ZannyShasha: 1:48pm On Mar 06, 2016
Thanks Vcole. I appreciate this info. Please kindly intimate me of the most successful route for medical personnel. I will use the CSR right away to figure some things out for myself. But if the EE favour applicants 30 and below, then I would like to explore another route if available. Thanks.

vcole:
Hi. You can google the crs tool and use it to calculate an estimated maximum possible score for you and for your hubby to decide who would be best as a principal applicant. Express entry usually favours applicants 30yrs or less with a professional or master's degree and clb level 9 and above on ielts. so, when you use the tool, fill in "proposed" ielts scores and see if y'all can hit 400 minimum (as that would guarantee an invitation by Ontario to apply for their PNP and a possible 600 points if it's successful) whoever has the highest "possible" points should be the principal applicant.
I do not know any medic who has successfully immigrated to Canada via EE or FSW. it will be great if any here can share their experience.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XavierCad: 2:11pm On Mar 06, 2016
Good day house,

Well done to the brain behind this particular forum, as well as all the contributors. It has been very enlightening.

Please, do assist me with answers to the following questions:

1. I have a National Diploma (ND) & Higher National Diploma (HND). Do I need to submit both to WES for verification as a request for my Canadian FSWP application or can I forgo the ND and get the HND alone verified?

2. If I am to use both the ND & HND, will WES, charge me separately for both transcripts or do I get billed once, since they are coming from the same applicant?

3. Also, I know I will need a reference number when submitting my transcripts through my school; Do I need to pay the application fee to WES before I receive the reference number, or can I go ahead and apply on WES webpage to get the reference number and pay later on?

4. How much does WES charge for the verification of applicant's transcripts? Also, what is the turn around time to get feedback from WES?

Thank you HOUSE...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by opella(f): 2:34pm On Mar 06, 2016
Good day house!
Please am having problem with paying for WES using my UBA credit card, it keeps declining. Please what could be the cause?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bcolah(f): 4:00pm On Mar 06, 2016
zandora:

I don't really know because I haven't heard of anyone submitting anything apart from their certificate. Nevertheless it may fly since he'll also be submitting his ECA however I'm not sure.

Hi Zandora. He didn't assess his credentials. Is it compulsory for him to do so? The only place we claimed points for him was IELTS.
Is he meant to also evaluate his credentials?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:58pm On Mar 06, 2016
ZannyShasha:

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate the help.and im devouring it all up. I'm trying to read up all I can and I'm just learning the abbreviations and the lingo on here. You guys are doing such an amazing job.

I have a Masters degree and No, I'm not in litigation practice. I work in healthcare. So do you think provincial nomination might be the way to go? How does that work? Which province is best? How long does it take generally. Or should we stick with the FSW. I'm just trying to weigh all options available.

Also, I have a sister I'm presently seeing thru Uni, can I add her as my primary dependent and go with her even though she's 20?

Thanks and Happy Sunday

There are many occupations in healthcare, the exact one you do is what can help us know if there are provincial nominations you can apply for. You are not restricted to any programme as such, you can do both fsw and provincial nomination at the same time. Infact, there are some pnp that needs you to have registered fsw under Express Entry first. My advice is that since you have a Masters, you should be the principal applicant and you guys need to move very fast with your credential evaluation processing and doing your IELTS, provided you have finally decided to move.

Regarding your sister, you cant take her along, the people that qualifies as dependants are hubbies and children.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 5:20pm On Mar 06, 2016
XavierCad:
Good day house,

Well done to the brain behind this particular forum, as well as all the contributors. It has been very enlightening.

Please, do assist me with answers to the following questions:

1. I have a National Diploma (ND) & Higher National Diploma (HND). Do I need to submit both to WES for verification as a request for my Canadian FSWP application or can I forgo the ND and get the HND alone verified?

2. If I am to use both the ND & HND, will WES, charge me separately for both transcripts or do I get billed once, since they are coming from the same applicant?

3. Also, I know I will need a reference number when submitting my transcripts through my school; Do I need to pay the application fee to WES before I receive the reference number, or can I go ahead and apply on WES webpage to get the reference number and pay later on?

4. How much does WES charge for the verification of applicant's transcripts? Also, what is the turn around time to get feedback from WES?

Thank you HOUSE...

You will need to send both ND and HND to WES for the evaluation and they wont bill you separately, its just the single amount they charge everyone. Meanwhile, what you will be doing at the moment is not verification, verification is done by WES after you have initially sent them copy of your certificate and transcript sent by school. WES then sends verification request to your school to confirm the transcript came from them and when school responds, thats when WES eventually does the evaluation.

You will get the reference number after you have paid to WES and the amount is either 233 or 322 CAD, depending on whether you want them to send the result to you via normal mail or courier.

Turnaround time depends on when WES gets verification response from your school, which is definitely after they must have first gotten the transcript. They stated on their website that they process the evaluation in 20days or business days(cant say precisely now, check their website) after they have gotten the verification response from school.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XavierCad: 5:44pm On Mar 06, 2016
Thank you for the response.

Do I need to send both the transcripts and certificates to WES? I already have my certificate at hand and schools don't issue certificates more than once.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 7:14pm On Mar 06, 2016
edababa007:

WES will issue you a reference number immediately you register and you can pay later.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 7:16pm On Mar 06, 2016
JesusDWay:

You will need to send both ND and HND to WES for the evaluation and they wont bill you separately, its just the single amount they charge everyone. Meanwhile, what you will be doing at the moment is not verification, verification is done by WES after you have initially sent them copy of your certificate and transcript sent by school. WES then sends verification request to your school to confirm the transcript came from them and when school responds, thats when WES eventually does the evaluation.

You will get the reference number after you have paid to WES and the amount is either 233 or 322 CAD, depending on whether you want them to send the result to you via normal mail or courier.

Turnaround time depends on when WES gets verification response from your school, which is definitely after they must have first gotten the transcript. They stated on their website that they process the evaluation in 20days or business days(cant say precisely now, check their website) after they have gotten the verification response from school.

Hello, what I saw while registering was 200 CAD and not 233 CAD. Please note
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 7:22pm On Mar 06, 2016
primeson1:

Thank you

Please guys I need answers... JesusDWay, zondora, everybody. I need to go to my school on Tuesday
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 7:27pm On Mar 06, 2016
primeson1:

Hello, what I saw while registering was 200 CAD and not 233 CAD. Please note

Just tried completing it now... It's actually 233.91CAD.

My bad. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:40pm On Mar 06, 2016
Bcolah:

Hi Zandora. He didn't assess his credentials. Is it compulsory for him to do so? The only place we claimed points for him was IELTS.
Is he meant to also evaluate his credentials?

If he didn't assess his credentials then he can't claim points for it. If he isn't claiming points for it then it doesn't matter what he provides as proof of education since to CIC he could as well have zero education.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:42pm On Mar 06, 2016
XavierCad:
Thank you for the response.

Do I need to send both the transcripts and certificates to WES? I already have my certificate at hand and schools don't issue certificates more than once.

Thank you.

You need to send the photocopy of your certificate and original transcript. Do not send your original certificate because you won't get it back, besides if you read the instructions from WES you are to only send a copy of your certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 11:50pm On Mar 06, 2016
primeson1:

Please guys I need answers... JesusDWay, zondora, everybody. I need to go to my school on Tuesday

If you entered using your OND and started from 200 level then yes you have to include your OND credentials since you entered through direct entry otherwise you won't be assessed as having a Canadian BSc since you only spent 3 yrs at uni. However if you used your OND to enter and started from 100 level then you do not need to include it since you would've spent 4 years at uni.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 12:23am On Mar 07, 2016
zandora:

If you entered using your OND and started from 200 level then yes you have to include your OND credentials since you entered through direct entry otherwise you won't be assessed as having a Canadian BSc since you only spent 3 yrs at uni. However if you used your OND to enter and started from 100 level then you do not need to include it since you would've spent 4 years at uni.

Thank you so much. Paying this week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.