Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605831 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 10:46am On Mar 11, 2016
princey83:

I never said people don't have an headway, or can't get jobs immediately after stepping off a plane. There are jobs, and there are JOBS. I only mentioned that success means different things to different people. It's a well known fact that Canada has a small job market (excellent jobs that is) and these particular jobs are highly competitive. I advised on how best one can penetrate the hidden market of these particular jobs. e.g there is a reason why international students in Canada usually become the best set of immigrants to Canada; they understand the system very well, and know how to use it to their advantage. The ''getting rich'' I meant about some particular profession means that these set of professionals don't really do anything extra-ordinary in their chosen career, but still easily earn a well above average income ($100,000 and above) when compared to other career choices, and their skills are always in demand. They also don't even need to build a network before landing a rewarding career. I guess I used a wrong choice of word (my Apology). I gave the reality of what is on ground. I also gave an advice on what new immigrants need to do to integrate successfully into the society. I wish everyone success in their endeavors.

I quite agree with you bro,Sometimes people think that it's all gonna be bed of roses the moment they land.I am not an advocate of negativety and I don't wish to discourage anybody but I always look at the 2 sides of a coin.You will be shocked If I copy and paste a mail I got from a canadian friend then you will understand why I exclaimed about the projected migration level in 2016.Immigration is Canada's top income earner believe it or not.CIC don't care if you get in and leaves the next hour your $550 and other huge expenses has added to the GDP even If you groan under intense hardship you are on your own.going by this bros view everyone rushing to migrate should sit down and ponder very well.Do the + or - checks.CIC connived with british council to rip people off their hard earn cash through one nonsense language test.The extortion of migrants through this means is raking in billions of dollars all around the world.Open your eyes people
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by akeenade: 10:55am On Mar 11, 2016
Really appreciate the feedback. I simply just assumed NZ would be easier than Australia. Thanks for the advice and clarification. Should begin reading through to get clarity. Thanks again

chimaXYZ:

@hartson,

I think you can look at Aussie which gives you automatic PR status in New Zealand too once you become a PR in Australia. But the reverse is not the case. And I think that if you qualify for NZ, then you most probably would qualify for Aussie(I stand corrected though).

For Aussie, check the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) @
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/SOL

That would be for Independent Skilled Migration.

If your occupation is not on that list, then could check the various states for their respective lists and purse sponsorship from one of them.

Victoria is a brilliant location. And I think they are pretty straightforward.

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/visas-and-immigrating/occupation-lists/state-nomination-occupation-list-for-victoria#.VuHSW_mLSM8

I honestly think that the Aussie migration process is much more straightforward and better streamlined than that of Canada.

Please read the article below. (DIGITAL TALENT - Road to 2020 and Beyond)

http://www.ictc-ctic.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/ICTC_DigitalTalent2020_ENGLISH_FINAL_March2016.pdf

On page 44 (Promising practice — Expediting the migration process for in-demand occupations in
Australia), you will notice that "the labour force participation rate for primary skilled migrants was 95.6% compared with the national average 64.8%." And that goes to buttress the point that immigrants do "much better" in the labour market in Aussie as compared to Canada. I say this bearing in mind that a lot of varied metrics come together and that it could be a wild generalisation. But the statistics are Aussies favour anyway!

My point is that Aussie is a very good alternative if not better depending on "where you stand" of course.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimaXYZ: 11:08am On Mar 11, 2016
princey83:

The express entry program of Canada was modelled after Australia's skill select program. Canada is still on a learning curve.

Yes!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 11, 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 11:46am On Mar 11, 2016
40manlappy:

A job offer is the way out for New Zealand. I got about 130 points too. How can one secure a job offer there while still resident in Nigeria?

Cc: mozo

Lets not derail this thread with another matter.This is strictly for canada immigration.However,sign up with several job sites like kiwis,workhere,SEEK and other several sites
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by aykanbi: 12:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
My transcript got to Wes within one week of applying . It was easy because I had collected transcript before for pg. as per verification, it was over 2 weeks because according to d school their Internet system was down. Pm for a contact if u like.
jugzy:
Hello Guys. Please has anyone done the ECA from UNAD? If yes, how long did the process take?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jugzy: 1:21pm On Mar 11, 2016
Thanks Aykanbi. Just sent u a pm. qquote author=aykanbi post=43674879]My transcript got to Wes within one week of applying . It was easy because I had collected transcript before for pg. as per verification, it was over 2 weeks because according to d school their Internet system was down. Pm for a contact if u like. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mozo: 3:52pm On Mar 11, 2016
40manlappy:

A job offer is the way out for New Zealand. I got about 130 points too. How can one secure a job offer there while still resident in Nigeria?

Cc: mozo

If you've got 130 points then that's pretty impressive.
How the new Zealand PR works is that every two weeks a draw is held and the priority of those selected is as follows.

1. Candidates with a job offer
2.Candidates with 140 points but without a job offer
3.Candidates with over 100 points but not up to 140

A bulk of those selected are usually those with job offers or candidates that have up to 140 points.

The challenge of getting a job offer is similar to a Canadian or Australian scenario. Difficult but not impossible. I have had at least 6 job offers from New Zealand, but the last communication usually ends with 'Let us know when you are in the country' .
In other words some (if not most) of these employers ain't ready to sponsor your visa till they have a face to face interview with the potential employee.

So you could keep applying via a company's website or through job boards but it's barely up to a 50-50 chance.
But with God all things are possible
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shabbey09: 7:38pm On Mar 11, 2016
shabbey09:
Hello people,
Any noc 9212 in the house?
Pls I need assistance.

Do you require to submit license certifate/trade certificate for noc 9212 under FSW?

Any ideas?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 11:42pm On Mar 11, 2016
hartson:

Lets not derail this thread with another matter.This is strictly for canada immigration.However,sign up with several job sites like kiwis,workhere,SEEK and other several sites

Apologies for the slight derailment. Thanks for the useful info.

Looping: mozo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 2:21am On Mar 12, 2016
foeveryoungdiva:
Thank you very much @Zandora. The document to be uploaded included proof of marriage.The worry still remains that the time for me to prepare and take English test is short because the next available date is 2nd of April 2016 and I have no idea when the test score will be available for uploads.So we decided to write to them stating that he is not including me in the application but even at that, the application is still requesting for my Medical report, Police report and Bio data page of my passport. I will appreciate your opinion.Thanks

Even if he informs them that he's not including you, you'll still need to take the medical test. Also, you can't just write to them saying he's not including you, there's an option to indicate that on his EE profile and his points would then be adjusted accordingly. However you can only see that option if you indicated you were married and not single. The fact of the matter is that his profile is locked as single so he should not apply but reject the invitation and re-enter the pool as married. Better to be safe than sorry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 10:51am On Mar 12, 2016
[quote author=mozo post=43680615]

How the new Zealand PR works is that every two weeks a draw is held and the priority of those selected is as follows.

A bulk of those selected are usually those with job offers or candidates that have up to 140 points.

The challenge of getting a job offer is similar to a Canadian or Australian scenario. Difficult but not impossible. I have had at least 6 job offers from New Zealand, but the last communication usually ends with 'Let us know when you are in the country' .

In other words some (if not most) of these employers ain't ready to sponsor your visa till they have a face to face interview with the potential employee.

Well said brother man.I never wanted us to derail this thread with another matter.however,the discussion is still about migration.have you paid the $530 application fee after applying?their's is quite different from canada.you pay the application fee before you submit the application then enter the pool.it seems employers contact the immigration authorities for qualified applicants then send them job offers to boast their point.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 10:53am On Mar 12, 2016
mozo:

So you could keep applying via a company's website or through job boards but it's barely up to a 50-50 chance.
But with God all things are possible

Well said brother man.I never wanted us to derail this thread with another matter.however,the discussion is still about migration.have you paid the $530 application fee after applying?their's is quite different from canada.you pay the application fee before you submit the application then enter the pool.it seems employers contact the immigration authorities for qualified applicants then send them job offers to boast their point.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 10:57am On Mar 12, 2016
40manlappy:

Apologies for the slight derailment. Thanks for the useful info.

Looping: mozo

I never wanted us to derail this thread with another matter.however,the discussion is still about migration.have you paid the $530 application fee after applying?their's is quite different from canada.you pay the application fee before you submit the application then enter the pool.it seems employers contact the immigration authorities for qualified applicants then send them job offers to boast their point.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Zimex: 4:02pm On Mar 12, 2016
Hello experts in the house. Please I need a quick clarification.
1) I need to upload "legal name change doc" and I'm wondering what would suffice. I'm thinking of uploading the newspaper change of name advert only, since I have uploaded marriage certificate separately. However, I'm hearing that an affidavit is also required which I don't have (been married for 9 years and I didn't need it to effect change of name). Do I need to go and swear an affidavit now?
2) for "passports/travel documents " do I upload only the bio data page or include all visas? Do I need to include previous passports?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cuteannie02: 12:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
superchi:
Sixth Express Entry Draw of 2016 for Immigration to Canada 9th March 2016

CRS 473, 1,013 ITAs Issued

Clearly if your point is below 400-450 you better look for Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) to better your chance!

This January, Saskatchewan opened and within 3 days it closed because it reached the numbers it wanted.

The trick is: get all your docs ready. You create a profile and upload all your docs then submit once it opens.

That's exactly what I did.

with this recent increase in the CRS to 473, I wonder what hope is there for an applicant like me with only 438, oinp isn't smiling either, hmmm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fowobi1: 2:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
@ mozo

Kindly share the new Zealand and Australia link where one can assess oneself.

Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by foeveryoungdiva: 2:29pm On Mar 13, 2016
Thank you so much @zandora.
foeveryoungdiva:
Thank you very much @Zandora. The document to be uploaded included proof of marriage.The worry still remains that the time for me to prepare and take English test is short because the next available date is 2nd of April 2016 and I have no idea when the test score will be available for uploads.So we decided to write to them stating that he is not including me in the application but even at that, the application is still requesting for my Medical report, Police report and Bio data page of my passport. I will appreciate your opinion.Thanks
foeveryoungdiva:
The latter is the case.The marriage took place after he applied and before being requested by CIC to submit his docs.so he will send the mail to know the next step.Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 4:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
fowobi1:
@ mozo

Kindly share the new Zealand and Australia link where one can assess oneself.

Regards

Bro a new thread has being opened for that.follow up immediately and leave this thread for canada matters
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Phemmie72: 3:37pm On Mar 14, 2016
dfash2000:
Good day all, please I have an issue that I don't know how to go about it; I have a dependant that's not my biological daughter, she's my niece, the mother who was my only sister is late and she was a single mum before she passed. Now my question is how do I include her in my application? she's 12, I'm the one responsible for her and I have three boys of my own.
I'm eyeing Manitoba and it looks like they have stringent rule about dependant being applicants children. please anyone with knowledge or ideas of how To go about this will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Phemmie72: 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2016
dfash2000:
Good day all, please I have an issue that I don't know how to go about it; I have a dependant that's not my biological daughter, she's my niece, the mother who was my only sister is late and she was a single mum before she passed. Now my question is how do I include her in my application? she's 12, I'm the one responsible for her and I have three boys of my own.
I'm eyeing Manitoba and it looks like they have stringent rule about dependant being applicants children. please anyone with knowledge or ideas of how To go about this will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by peddy001: 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2016
Hello house,

Thanks for this insightful thread, really helped alot. I need some clarifications on the Canadian express entry.

I'm married with a kid (7 months), 30 years, a masters degree and some professional certifications, 6 years HR experience. Wife has a Bsc and about 4 years working experience.

My question below:

1. Do we both (my wife and I) write the IETLS exams?

2. Do we use separate application or we use a single application?

3. Is it necessary we use an agent for our application process?

4. Does having a sibling who is a Canadian citizen increase your chances in any way.

Thanks so much for your honest responses.

Regards,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Phemmie72: 3:59pm On Mar 14, 2016
bosypumpin:
morning ZANDORA , JesusDway, zizi et al. i have not been here in months.
I got a Letter of Advice to Apply for the MPNP- SW last night.

that is why i came back.
i would read thru the thread to refresh my memory and then return to ask questions.

cheers everyone
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:56pm On Mar 14, 2016
Stop putting your personal details on internet anyhow. What is the essence of PM then?

Phemmie72:
Hello Bosypumpin,

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 5:01pm On Mar 14, 2016
Please find below answers to your questions:

1)It is not compulsory that both of you have to write IELTS. However, if the 2 of you write and get good scores, it will increase your CRS and hence increase your chance of getting ITA quickly.

2) Single application

3)Nope, you can do everything yourself

4)With your years of experience and Qualification, I don't think you need to include Canadian relative. Just score very high in your IELTS.

peddy001:
Hello house,

Thanks for this insightful thread, really helped alot. I need some clarifications on the Canadian express entry.

I'm married with a kid (7 months), 30 years, a masters degree and some professional certifications, 6 years HR experience. Wife has a Bsc and about 4 years working experience.

My question below:

1. Do we both (my wife and I) write the IETLS exams?

2. Do we use separate application or we use a single application?

3. Is it necessary we use an agent for our application process?

4. Does having a sibling who is a Canadian citizen increase your chances in any way.

Thanks so much for your honest responses.

Regards,

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 9:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
dupyshoo:
Please find below answers to your questions:

1)It is not compulsory that both of you have to write IELTS. However, if the 2 of you write and get good scores, it will increase your CRS and hence increase your chance of getting ITA quickly.

2) Single application

3)Nope, you can do everything yourself

4)With your years of experience and Qualification, I don't think you need to include Canadian relative. Just score very high in your IELTS.

Exactly you don't need any agent...you can do itt yourself!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Phemmie72: 10:59pm On Mar 14, 2016
Thanks, well noted.

dupyshoo:
Stop putting your personal details on internet anyhow. What is the essence of PM then?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MJBA: 4:07am On Mar 15, 2016
Hello house, got confirmation mail that my ECA is completed, can I go ahead with Express entry profile creation even though i dnt have the hard copies yet frm WES.... Thnx for ur response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Elixir123: 10:13am On Mar 15, 2016
On the previous post I read that I need to provide evidence for the work experience I am claiming point for. I want to ask would it not create panic on my employer that I am leaving them. And can't appointment letter do and my payslip? please reply urgently
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2016
Yes you can. Use the reference letter on the e-copy of your ECA to enter the pool.

MJBA:
Hello house, got confirmation mail that my ECA is completed, can I go ahead with Express entry profile creation even though i dnt have the hard copies yet frm WES.... Thnx for ur response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 12:03pm On Mar 15, 2016
Does your appointment letter contain your job title, detailed job responsibilities, no of hours per week, full time/part time, salary details, among other?
if yes, then you can use it with few months payslip.

Elixir123:
On the previous post I read that I need to provide evidence for the work experience I am claiming point for. I want to ask would it not create panic on my employer that I am leaving them. And can't appointment letter do and my payslip? please reply urgently
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hello everyone, Please who knows where the venue of the speaking is usually done in PH? I will be travelling there and need to plan my logistics. Exam is for April 02. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.