Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (787) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2610825 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 9:52pm On Aug 13, 2017
Canadianfly:

Lol which yeye software. Please don't let anyone act like Michael Knight for you.

You can only hold tickets for 24-48 hours. Except some airlines that ask you pay a holding fee, like Lufthansa. Which is what some of these agents do and add that fee on top what they charge you. Besides booking your own ticket is cheaper than using an agent. Agent must eat so they put their lunch money on top what they quote you. grin

Airlines also give registered agents some really cool discounts. I have gotten a ticket at almost half price from an agent.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LordSebastian: 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2017
Same thing happened to me on Saturday. It's now 'we do not need additional documents'. 94 days post AOR.

Onlineise:

@VCOLE we dey here ooo, I travelled to a part of Nigeria for 3days were Internet is like Gold, only to return tonight and see additional 38pages to catchup with in just 72hours ooo...it is well!

MW, I got a movement on my file on thursday - Review of additional documents now No additional documents needed, after 46days. I think I triggered that though, Since they said my file was still at CIO, I kukuma raised a CSE and sent wife's FBI PCC to them (we were initially waiting for them to request since we had that debate of 5months+ not qualifying as 6months) ... I am just relieved that there has been some activity now sha, no matter hw insignificant it might looked.

Congratulations to all the recipient of the recent ITA, it shall end in praise.

It's 93DAYS POST AOR AND STILL COUNTING

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 9:59pm On Aug 13, 2017
balogunsam:

Awesome! I'll keep this information on file. Thank you very much ma'am.

That Addis Ababa airport is worse than MMA by 10 times. When a friend flew it, she kept regretting every minute. She took videos so that I could see. It was quite bad.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 10:14pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hamiltondreamer:

I will create a new one now and input the primary school details and see what it says

Use the come to Canada tool before creating a profile. It will tell you if eligible. Then you need to ensure your highest education is included and you have an ECA for it. Also, check that you have enough years experience. All ineligible profiles continue to show each time you log in so you need to be careful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by balogunsam(m): 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
XX01:

That Addis Ababa airport is worse than MMA by 10 times. When a friend flew it, she kept regretting every minute. She took videos so that I could see. It was quite bad.

Ethiopian airlines does not appear like its worth it upon checking rates on their website...and with the comment on the airport, with a family, it would be more HORRIBLE. Lufthansa rates however were not bad and one stop over in Germany for four hours.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by balogunsam(m): 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2017
@Canadianfly , contrary to what you said ,there are softwares used by registered IATA agents to "hunt" for flights, late cancellations, openings and the likes and also to book for flights at crazy rates. An example is one called Sabre and i have seen it used a couple of times to get flights on air maroc and other airlines at very "silly" prices. There may be more to and i stand to be corrected but i've actually seen it being used by a friend.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 10:37pm On Aug 13, 2017
Onlineise:

@VCOLE we dey here ooo, I travelled to a part of Nigeria for 3days were Internet is like Gold, only to return tonight and see additional 38pages to catchup with in just 72hours ooo...it is well!

MW, I got a movement on my file on thursday - Review of additional documents now No additional documents needed, after 46days. I think I triggered that though, Since they said my file was still at CIO, I kukuma raised a CSE and sent wife's FBI PCC to them (we were initially waiting for them to request since we had that debate of 5months+ not qualifying as 6months) ... I am just relieved that there has been some activity now sha, no matter hw insignificant it might looked.

O wow! Great!! I was going to hola today but got carried away sef.
I see your PPR coming... Its in a red ferrari speeding towards u wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2017
yemdogg:
Hello everyone,

Tuale Sir wink. Welcome to the "other room" cool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2017
nkigirl:
Hello all. Good evening.
I have an issue with my NOC. I worked as HR officer for a few years . I moved to another company and I am now the HR manager but I have worked for just a year in the managerial role. I want to claim hr manager NOC 0112 but saying I have worked for just a year reduces my CRS score.
Is it possible to claim the full 3 years and use both ref letters for HR manager and HR officer. I don't know if I should just use the 1 year NOC like that.

Babe if i were you, il use 1121 (HR professional)
and claim 3yrs. Bcz weda u r manager or officer u r a professional.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 10:46pm On Aug 13, 2017
LordSebastian:
Same thing happened to me on Saturday. It's now 'we do not need additional documents'. 94 days post AOR.

*dancing* if only you both know how movement for you gives me hope.... Oya pls may peeps comman goo ooo so dat u will help us make way in canny for our arrivals.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by upgrade: 10:53pm On Aug 13, 2017
Good evening all, pls does anyone know where/how to get pcc in Abuja ? Price, contact ? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2017
cochtrane:

In which case, he should be able to claim "one-year certificate". That would give him the "two or more certificates". Don't you think?

I think, the "OR" that followed was now to elaborate that if the one-year or two-year diploma was post-Bachelor's, then it would still be acceptable.

I may be wrong though. But that's what I feel they are trying to say here.

Well, that is true BUT in (40manlappy's voice grin), it is a function of his (your friend) "risk appetite".

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MRSDA: 11:16pm On Aug 13, 2017
boldinc:
That would not cause any problems. I did same. EE profile had all the work experience, but I took them out after ITA... Moved them to personal history. I would have still been tryna get some work reference by now.

cc: MRSDA

I've been MIA. Thanks so much for this. I moved them to personal history now. For hubby, he has a job i want to move since he can't get reference and it's an old job anyway...i wish I submitted already. I don tire for all the preparation �

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 11:33pm On Aug 13, 2017
Fusion23:

this worked for my brother , he was in canada when he applied thou

Citizenship And Immigration Canada
Case Processing Centre-Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th Floor , Section B
Ottawa Ontario K1A 1L1
CANADA
OK Sir, this is what I used and am in Canada now,

again what is addressed to is not what they look at.

the content is what they look at.

Letter head , salary , hours work etc. that is the main issue.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tolurigs: 11:51pm On Aug 13, 2017
Onlineise:

Wow....that's good news!sure your file must have been transfered to LVO now.u can mail to ask cos I've heard once ur additional documents changes to no doc needed ,that means ur file has gone to LVO.wishing u all d best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 11:59pm On Aug 13, 2017
eliment:
How much will it cost me to do ielts don't mind me I am a novice in this travel section. I will also like to know if there is a center that's more favorable to write the ielts.

like special center?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 12:02am On Aug 14, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

The Lord has heard ur ringtone grin

but nothing like tree for me o not to talk of beautifully decorated. I would most likely be battling with the cold and asking myself "who send me message" lol
Hahahhahahaah... U will cope. Nigerians have a way of coping in any situation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JustinTrudeau: 12:02am On Aug 14, 2017
How magnanimous Esosa.Still waiting for IELTS and ECA. I didn't get the pidgin... grin

Your PM grin grin

esosa4real:

Oga Prime Minister, you don get ITA so? Quick talk, make we know how we go take hellep u........lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JustinTrudeau: 12:06am On Aug 14, 2017
Watch what you say here because of citizenship.I'm here you know.
Your PM grin grin
Hephgirl:
like special center?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 12:13am On Aug 14, 2017
JustinTrudeau:
Watch what you say here because of citizenship.I'm here you know.
Your PM grin grin
shocked shocked
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 12:25am On Aug 14, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

We are a family of 5 and will be leaving from Abuja. Ethiopian is the cheapest so far, airmaroc and egyptair too are not bad, u can check them out.

Check this website for fares, www.travelstart.com.ng
Check luggage allowance o... Egypt air luggage allowance is cray...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 12:31am On Aug 14, 2017
balogunsam:

@MummyJaygirls
Found a flight for a family of 4 at 1.5m ...cheapest i've ever seen..

Folks already packing, check travelstart.com.ng you may find great flight options there.

nd it's lufthansa.... Nice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by DrStrangelove: 12:32am On Aug 14, 2017
Dear 40manlappy

Thanks for the advice. Really appreciate. Was hoping there would be reference case of this oversight from the VO. Pls if u can get me that post u cited below for the oversight of PVC duration. I wouldn't mind. I think a LOE would do after I would hav rechecked and be sure it's not up to.

For the work references, my wife had a fallout kinda with the first employer and she wouldn't want to go back there as its bn some years now. The grumpy old man will think it's because of immigration my wife needs his help. We r more disposed to this senior lawyer as hes more flexible and appreciative. We can fill in for time she did one yr with the previous employer with his firm and use the time she went to US to hav our baby for the gaps.

What do u advise?

40manlappy:

1. In my opinion, this is a function of your "risk appetite". I read about a similar case recently. The guy was rejected for not submitting PCC in respect of his wife's visit to the US which was also for 177 days (I think) but the "VO" erred in calculating it as 6 months.

The guy appealed (by raising CSE I think) and his application was successfully reopened. Will share once I get the link or screenshots.

It is hoped that IRCC agents would be more careful in future applications in view of this apparent goof.

2. Work experience gained within the last 10 years can be claimed. Can she get reference from her first employer? Can the "senior lawyer" that she helps out give her reference also? She can always fill "unemployed" for the gaps.

Hope this helps
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 12:33am On Aug 14, 2017
Hamiltondreamer:

I have found it. I did not input my primary school education.
huh... Is there a place for this?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 12:36am On Aug 14, 2017
balogunsam:

Ethiopian airlines does not appear like its worth it upon checking rates on their website...and with the comment on the airport, with a family, it would be more HORRIBLE. Lufthansa rates however were not bad and one stop over in Germany for four hours.
d four hours isn't enough to enjoy window shopping sef.... And spray all their perfumes at d Perfume shop

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 12:39am On Aug 14, 2017
Finally finished reading.
U can't disappear from here... Pages Wil b waiting for u to read.

Ppr fall on me

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 12:47am On Aug 14, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Well, that is true BUT in (40manlappy's voice grin), it is a function of his (your friend) "risk appetite".
Lol...Well, that's true. Thanks all the same.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walexlo78: 1:05am On Aug 14, 2017
Hello House, please I need your advice. In addition to Nigeria, I have worked in another country with legal residency status. While in the country, I was responsible for two other countries (visa free) around the region and I travelled to them very often. So when I was filling my travel history in the PR application, I dropped some of the travels (about 12) to those two countries because I looked them as so much and difficult to retrieve as there was stamp riot in my passports. I thought the VO should not spend time looking for such stamps not mentioned on the travel history form. The missed travels to each of the countries were short official ones which totals about 20days each so its not that I needed PCC for them. I already submitted PCCs for those necessary.

But today something keep pricking me that I should have listed all those travels irrespective of how much they were. I took time today to write them out from the clumsy stamps. My question is, should I go ahead to communicate these travels raising a CSE?. Maybe I can mention that I missed them out initially due to the clumsy stamps on the passports.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GoldenJem: 1:13am On Aug 14, 2017
Seniors I need your help...

I used my online ECA report date to enter the EE pool it was dated June 13 and I noticed now that the date on the hard copy received is June 29. I received ITA on August 2nd. Will the difference in date be an issue even though same report number was quoted?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yemdogg: 1:41am On Aug 14, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Tuale Sir wink. Welcome to the "other room" cool

Baba you're sighted sir. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MissG(f): 2:05am On Aug 14, 2017
Congratulations to those who got their COPR, PPR and Ietls results.

Please I have a few questions, kindly bear with me.

I got my ITA in May and had till August to put in my PR application. I started gathering my documents really late and by the time I was ready to submit I found out the exchange rate had gone up and I was short 200k for a family of three. I also found out on this forum that my husband needs a UK PCC as his cumulative visits to the UK is over 6 months(I assumed it was only if you were resident in the country). Anyway my ITA expired and my EE profile also expired.

I reached out to the province that nominated me and my nomination was transferred to my new EE profile I opened last week. Now I want to do it right and make sure everything I need is correct so here goes my questions.

1. Can I move one of my employment to personal history after I have been accepted into the pool, I am not claiming points for it as it was a company I worked for 5 years ago.

2. Due to the fluctuations in forex my husband wants to buy dollar and pay into his dorm account which will be used as pof, how do I show where the funds is coming from as the money will be withdrawn, dollars will be bought from Aboki and cash paid into the dorm account.

3. Does Cic always ask one to send in a Schedule A form if the applicant once had visa refusal even though the visa was granted a month later and subsequent visas renewed.

4. I am currently pregnant, If I inform Cic after the baby is born and PPR mail has been received, will I be asked to send in updated proof of funds.

5. I will be having my baby in the US, when we are asked to submit our passports after PPR, can we ask to change the location to submit our passports.

So sorry for my many questions.

Thank you and good luck to everyone!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:43am On Aug 14, 2017
cochtrane:

Did that work?

So I have just refilled my form and included two things : primary school details and relative (aunt/uncle) and my profile became eligible.
I don't know which of these made it ok(cos I know aunt and uncle don't give points)
Just thought to report back to the thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.