Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,067 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (785) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599649 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ddymples: 4:30pm On Aug 13, 2017
Done.

eyoiba:

Please could you resend the PM. I just changed my email now.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2017
irewole1:
The Canny squad! You can try any of the airlines on promo canny return tickets, this sometimes could be cheaper than one way tickets! Best of luck.

Please suggest one for me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 5:01pm On Aug 13, 2017
freeradical:
Please suggest one for me.

Ethiopian is very cheap, check their website. Someone booked one way tickets for 1.2m for a family of 4, from Lagos to Winnipeg.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 5:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
balogunsam:

Hi ma'am. Did you already book? Can you PLEASe provide an estimate of how much the ticket cost for you, hubby and kids... I have a baby daughter, an eight year old son, wife and myself and was trying to get idea on wakanow and the likes...the ticket rates i was seeing eh... when no be say na garri we wan go drink for canny grin

We are a family of 5 and will be leaving from Abuja. Ethiopian is the cheapest so far, airmaroc and egyptair too are not bad, u can check them out.

Check this website for fares, www.travelstart.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 5:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
slyman187:

I'll ask my supervisor if He is authorized by the company to use letter head papers and if he can tale the pain for me. Possibly the only that can work out and if not, i do the plain paper/notary public with other documents.

I appreciate all inputs on this matter. I'll certainly update with the route i decide on.

@behati.. Thanks. I saw the gt bank case. Crazy stuff. But there was a hint of attempted misrepresentation from that.

Gracias

I am happy u have come to this conclusion. Pls thread cautiously. better to err on the side of caution.

IMO, once your HR has declined giving u a reference in d CIC format, you should have no business using their letter head( most likely unauthorized).....except if HR expressly authorized u to and can corroborate that they did.

It is just better to avoid raising any queries on your app. No two files are treated d same so your best shot is to avoid confusions.

Kindly use a plain sheet for your reference and state clearly that your HR has declined giving in a cic pattern (support this claim by adding correspondences btw u and HR, and the letter HR gave u)...also include your supervisor's bizness card/contact details...
Then u can go ahead to include letters of employment,promotion,payslips, etc just to buttress your claim.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Talkingboy: 5:18pm On Aug 13, 2017
cochtrane:

Use this to understand what you need to do:
You can use this starter pack:

Okay. I appreciate Sir. Tanx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 5:21pm On Aug 13, 2017
There in absolutely NOTHING wrong with using the letterhead for this purpose...

Firstly, CIC says either HR or Supervisor can sign the letter...

Secondly, it's an official document stating official duties... Except false information is being put on it for CIC. Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with it.

With reference to the GTB issue, it was false information not a case of using the company letterhead.

Patterns18:

I will advice you dont take this route, It may be viewed as fradulent. Your supervisor should write using plain sheet..You may attach the generic letter from HR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehiobe: 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2017
How soon does one get the official ielts results after it appears online? I am hoping to submit express entry profile in time for the next draw just waiting for my ielts result.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 5:23pm On Aug 13, 2017
It's your supervisor's discretion to issue and sign the letter. You can also add the generic letter from HR alongside employment letter and other docs u might have.

But there is absolutely nothing to worry about. It's not illegal nor fraudulent as long as the info contained and true.

slyman187:

Thank you very much Sir. I already have the letter headed paper and i was going to draft the supervisor letter on that. I was also going to add the business card of my supervisor too. Only thing is i got a scare from a colleague who said CIC would be aware that my company does not give such letters and that if i try to satisfy them by giving the letter as requested, it might come across to them as fraudulent and doctored.

But i'll go ahead with it as it has worked for you. Many thanks and very much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 5:29pm On Aug 13, 2017
honeybeetom:
@ mummyjaygirls, @40lampy, congratulations on ur ppr n copr. Please what can I do if my passport that I submitted almost 6wks ago has not be stamped and returned. I have contacted the Accra VO and they have not been responsive reasonably. I wish I can book my flight in advance but I don't know what they are up to. Please help!!!

Send a mail to AVO and Ottawa.

The email addresses are:

accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

But I know dem @slowlybutsurely too had some delay, don't know y.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 5:32pm On Aug 13, 2017
dupyshoo:
Hehehe grin
You and @mummyjaygirls should seriously consider pairing up to start your comedy show when you get to Canada. The skill might be useful before you start practising your profession.

Lol, and here I was thinking of what business to do in canny, thanks sis

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 5:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
esosa4real:

@dupsyshoo haha....we would work on it grin grin How are you doing? Are u back to naija or still doing "soft landing"....

Brother, oya o. Make we start yans.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ajiifixing(m): 5:41pm On Aug 13, 2017
boldinc:
It's your supervisor's discretion to issue and sign the letter. You can also add the generic letter from HR alongside employment letter and other docs u might have.

But there is absolutely nothing to worry about. It's not illegal nor fraudulent as long as the info contained and true.

I can bet that the supervisor will not dare. CIC might not understand our way of life here.Its seen as fraud in Nigerian establishments especially after HR has declined.No supervisor will put his head on the block.
As advised by people earlier he should use plain paper and notarise.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MRSDA: 5:53pm On Aug 13, 2017
eyoiba:
Glory be to God, I got my ielts result yesterday and it out as LRSW 8.5,7.5,7,7. It was my first attempt and I prepared for about 5 months. I could have written the exams earlier but I knew I had brush up some areas where I was weak. I learnt every single thing about the exams on this forum.

I knew I could not afford to fail because that means I would need to pay 68k + 4k (for courier) again, travel to and from my base to Ibadan twice and Lodge in hotel twice so I started reading the posts of those who passed to learn what they did and more importantly, those who failed and learn from their pitfalls (no offence intended).

I felt like registering in May but deep inside me I knew I was not yet ready as my listening was still weak. I intensified efforts by downloading over 50 YouTube listening tests, downloaded Cambridge books 1-12. Diagrams in listening was another headache for me so I downloaded about 25 mainly diagram tests from YouTube. For reading, I started with Cambridge books but someone mentioned ielts buddy and I decided to give it a trial and it was a life-saver for me because it was there I first learnt the trick that I don't need to understand all parts but to pick answers from the passages (please ensure that you understand this concept well before adopting it, I can't explain everything here). For speaking, I downloaded about 20 band 8 speaking videos from YouTube and I also used ieltsallears anchored by 2 funny ladies ( just use google)

However, I neglected writing. Though I practiced writing some letters and essays, I did not take time to practice enough and learn the format for each type of letter and essay.

Let me state at this point that I am not that good at English I am just average at the language but I knew that if my immigration dream will ever come true I had to cross the ielts bridge and I put my mind at it. I learnt every single thing I know about the test from this place.

On the test day, I was one of the 1st sets of candidates to get to exams venue at 6:00am and with sanitation exercise in place I didn't want to take any chances. My writing was a mess because I had to cross several parts in the essay part and some grammatical errors eg sensor instead of censor. Please endeavor to use pencil in your writing as it makes your job neater.

In conclusion, I prayed and committed the test in Gods hand. in my mind I thought I would fail the writing test but God did it for me.

God that did it for me will give everyone preparing for the test enviable result.

Part 2
Please my Executive MBA transcript has been hanging at OAU for about 3 months now. I would appreciate any link please. it has been giving me head ache. Kindly help a brother out.

I was in OAU and my husband and I got our transcripts with the help of some guy, he charged us money (not too much in my opinion) so if you need help, you can send me a PM so i can send you his link.
Ours took a while because he said we graduated a good while ago (15 years) and it was my first request.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by behati: 5:56pm On Aug 13, 2017
boldinc:

Secondly, it's an official document stating official duties... Except false information is being put on it for CIC. Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with it.

With reference to the GTB issue, it was false information not a case of using the company letterhead.

It is wrong to use a company's letter head paper in discriminately. This is not about CIC, its about the Company. Was your supervisor given permission by HR (who handles all employee related affairs) to issue and sign a reference letter? Only then can the letter be termed an official document. Otherwise, it is just your supervisor helping out based on your relationship with him and in that instance has no business using a company's letter head paper.
The crux of the Gtbank case was they actually did carry out those duties but couldn't get the bank to mention the duties in a letter, only their level/rank in the bank, hence they decided to use a supervisor to write their duties as though it was issued by HR. Therefore, claiming that a document issued at your supervisors discretion (without the approval of HR/the Comapny) is official is no different.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 5:58pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hello guys,

I need some help. I have an accountant friend who evaluated his credentials with WES. The summary is shown below in the attachment.
It says "Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years) and completion of a college-level certificate (one year)"

So, here's the thing: he submitted for evaluation Bsc, ATS, and also ICAN. Apparently, WES has evaluated his ICAN as "the credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential", but has evaluated his ATS as "completion of a college-level certificate (one year). So, producing the summary above.

Now, here's the question. Can he use this to claim "two or more certificates"? I found this a bit tricky given that the professional level of ICAN is not recognized, but the junior level is, and thought he can't. Yet, the summary from WES states that he has two or more certificates obviously.

This really is the most confusing part for me. Any inputs?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 6:02pm On Aug 13, 2017
Ehiobe:
How soon does one get the official ielts results after it appears online? I am hoping to submit express entry profile in time for the next draw just waiting for my ielts result.
How soon does one get the official certificate after it appears online? Immediately. But the British Council at your location will have specific days of the week scheduled for picking up certificates. If you in Lagos, it's Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by slyman187: 6:29pm On Aug 13, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

I am happy u have come to this conclusion. Pls thread cautiously. better to err on the side of caution.

IMO, once your HR has declined giving u a reference in d CIC format, you should have no business using their letter head( most likely unauthorized).....except if HR expressly authorized u to and can corroborate that they did.

It is just better to avoid raising any queries on your app. No two files are treated d same so your best shot is to avoid confusions.

Kindly use a plain sheet for your reference and state clearly that your HR has declined giving in a cic pattern (support this claim by adding correspondences btw u and HR, and the letter HR gave u)...also include your supervisor's bizness card/contact details...
Then u can go ahead to include letters of employment,promotion,payslips, etc just to buttress your claim.

I read you loud and clear Sir.

Many thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2017
Osemigho:
yemdogg, I see you bro. Welcome back.

Go and read well from 0 oo while we wait for IQAS. So you go be my mentor, as usual, when package fully start by God's grace. No more gambling.

Some people are destined to land as PR and not student. You shall be one by God's grace.
It shall end with praises. cool

Bro, did you get your study permit? You were the one going on Scholarship right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yemdogg: 6:59pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hello everyone,

Please can someone who has some funds (7,560 Cad) in Canada (refund from institution due to student visa refusal) open a dorm account in Nigeria wherein the money will be transferred. Will this meet the soa requirements of IRCC for POF ? Putting into consideration the fact that the dorm account will be a new account and may not necessarily have the usual 6 months cash transactions and also the money will stand out in the soa as a lump sum being the only transaction in the account.

Secondly, I have a property which is worth over N2m which I intend to dispose of and use the proceeds to buy treasury bills of 6 months duration and then include the treasury bill as part of my proof of settlement funds.

Profile:

Crs score: 456 though I'm still waiting for ECA so I haven't exactly entered the pool. However, I am drawing out my plans in anticipation of ITA which I am fairly certain will come when I enter the pool. Also I am a single applicant and I know the required funds for single applicant is 12,300 Cad.

Kindly proffer your recommendations as per my circumstance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2017
boldinc:

When I applied some years back, I got away with this, because, it seemed normal, working in a government establishment, BUT I would not advise anyone to get your supervisor use the company letter head.

The GTB story is just one of a few.

My other colleague had his own letter verified, CIC wrote back, thankfully he got his letter from the HR/Admin.

No two applications are the same.

CIC still verifies, and would write straight to the headoffice/HR, once the reference letter can't be generated by the establishment, CIC terms it misrepresentation.

Please go to Canada visa forum, read wide, please let your supervisor use plain paper, attach his/her complimentary card, attach the one from HR, attach other proofs you have also.

Misinterpretation comes with little things, and CIC Would not reason like Africans, company letter head is something very vital, even though we see it as piece of paper.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
Good evening all pls I need some help with my application. I filled my application and got a mail saying ineligible. The only thing I can see that may have made my application ineligible is my ielts LRWS 6.5,6,6,7.i know my score is low but am planning for Nova scotia and I would need my EE no.I assumed 6 is the least score required or am I wrong
About my results I also plan to rewrite
@40manlappy @boldinc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jugdement: 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2017
This really is the most confusing part for me. Any inputs?[/quote]

Inferring from the attached extract from CIC, you can see the importance placed on graduate and post graduate study in addition to a 3 year study. I think college study will fall in the category in the exception quoted.(I.e secondary school & high school).

My opinion (remember that i'm not an authority or VO), please tell your friend to err on the side of caution and select a bachelors Degree.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
cochtrane:
Hello guys,

I need some help. I have an accountant friend who evaluated his credentials with WES. The summary is shown below in the attachment.
It says "Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years) and completion of a college-level certificate (one year)"

Now, here's the question. Can he use this to claim "two or more certificates"? I found this a bit tricky given that the professional level of ICAN is not recognized, but the junior level is, and thought he can't. Yet, the summary from WES states that he has two or more certificates obviously.

Wow, quite confusing. According to Wikipedia, "College in Canadian English refers to a technical, applied arts, or applied science school. These are post-secondary institutions granting certificates, diplomas, associate's degree, and bachelor's degree". This makes it more complicated grin

I suggest that he should use his "Bachelor's degree only" to be on the safe side. Someone shared this (check the link below) few days ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/777#59390222

Cc: 40manlappy, all gurus
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrsBee: 7:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
walexlo78:
Dears,

I have a Canadian dependent who lives here with us in Nigeria. He was not requested to do medical as there was also no placeholder to upload it and after submission of the eAPR, his name was also not listed as one of the dependents where UCI is placed against each name. When we paid the fees, his also came automatically as part of the total fees and we paid.

My question is that, has anyone with Canadian dependent experienced same situation? Should we also pay the fees for dependent that already has Canadian citizenship?. Thanks for your response in advance.

They will eventually refund that sum, it happened to friend too and the money has been refunded.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 7:46pm On Aug 13, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

December and Alberta. Me sef dey wait u
It's white Christmas mehn... I see the Christmas tree beautifully decorated... Outside ur windows white... Ya'll takin snow pictures Chai

Dear Lord pick my ppr call

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 7:46pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hamiltondreamer:
Good evening all pls I need some help with my application. I filled my application and got a mail saying ineligible. The only thing I can see that may have made my application ineligible is my ielts LRWS 6.5,6,6,7.i know my score is low but am planning for Nova scotia and I would need my EE no.I assumed 6 is the least score required or am I wrong
About my results I also plan to rewrite
@40manlappy @boldinc
Can u try retaking?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
Jugdement:

Inferring from the attached extract from CIC, you can see the importance placed on graduate and post graduate study in addition to a 3 year study. I think college study will fall in the category in the exception quoted.(I.e secondary school & high school).

My opinion (remember that i'm not an authority or VO), please tell your friend to err on the side of caution and select a bachelors Degree.

GlitteringStar:

Wow, quite confusing. According to Wikipedia, "College in Canadian English refers to a technical, applied arts, or applied science school. These are post-secondary institutions granting certificates, diplomas, associate's degree, and bachelor's degree". This makes it more complicated grin

I will suggest that he should use his "Bachelor's degree only" to be on the safe side. Someone shared this (check the link below) few days ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/777#59390222

Cc: 40manlappy, all gurus

In doing some research, I found some insight. I think you may be wrong.

The ECA Page said:

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diploma
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Graduate diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)

and by the bolded, I think they meant those in these sections below, but of course "not including the Secondary School Diploma":

Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Secondary school (high school diploma)

In which case, he should be able to claim "one-year certificate". That would give him the "two or more certificates". Don't you think?

I think, the "OR" that followed was now to elaborate that if the one-year or two-year diploma was post-Bachelor's, then it would still be acceptable.

I may be wrong though. But that's what I feel they are trying to say here.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammie2017: 7:56pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hello house, pls I need some advice. For pcc is the 6 months at a go or cumulative. I usually travel to the uk every year in the last like 7 years. Will I need to get pcc . Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jugdement: 8:00pm On Aug 13, 2017
Please take the 6 factor test using the attached link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

You need a minimum of 67/100 to be eligible for FSW.

Best Wishes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 8:02pm On Aug 13, 2017
Dammie2017:
Hello house, pls I need some advice. For pcc is the 6 months at a go or cumulative. I usually travel to the uk every year in the last like 7 years. Will I need to get pcc . Thanks in advance
It's cumulative, not consecutive. Below is from CIC website.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jugdement: 8:06pm On Aug 13, 2017
It is cumulative.

If you have spent 6 months or more in the last 10 years or since you were 18, u will need a U.K PCC.

(1) (2) (3) ... (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: stainless91(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.