Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,376 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598763 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hephgirl:
Please what's wes canada fax number

WES Canada Fax Number: 416-972-9004.

Cc: Ehix89

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
ehix89:
Hello Hephgirl, if you get a response do well to mention me, it seems we're currently in same ship.
416-972-9004
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 8:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
GlitteringStar:

WES Canada Fax Number: 416-972-9004.

Cc: ehix89

https://www.wes.org/ca/help/
Thanks.. U r far too kind

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ehix89(m): 8:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hephgirl:
416-972-9004
Thanks dear, GlitteringStar thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by IamIye: 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
Good evening fam... Congratulations to all PPR recipients!!!

Please has anyone whose VO was Sydney gotten PPR in recent times? I just want to know if this is how they stall especially on NA or if it's a moment thing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ykjgirls: 9:03pm On Aug 17, 2017
Evening All, is it true that to get the max points..my husby and i have to do wes evaluation, My husby has hnd....does he get more point if evaluated by wes?Moreso i got a friend resident in calgary and we bear the same surname(Ajayi) Is there any benefit i can derive from him...he is ready to support me with any document i need. Seniors kindly help out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Elixir123: 9:08pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hephgirl:
no P. If u do too.. Mention me
Hello ,here it is WES fax number 416-972-9004 @Hephgirl and others.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by adeivie(f): 9:29pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hello All.please I have two questions and I need urgent answers to them:

1.who among us has successfully used his/her statement of result instead of certificate for the wes evaluation?

2.After sending the statement of result to wes for evaluation,that is if they accept it,what is the response I should expect concerning transcript.

I need urgent answers guys.please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Marvi4real: 9:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
IamIye:
Good evening fam... Congratulations to all PPR recipients!!!

Please has anyone whose VO was Sydney gotten PPR in recent times? I just want to know if this is how they stall especially on NA or if it's a moment thing.
Nobody's local VO is in Sydney that is the central intake office where initial processing is done and files are transferred from there to a local visa office which could be Ottawa or london

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by labelbybee: 9:48pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hello all,

WES updated my profile yesterday to reviewing documents after the receipt of my transcript from Unilag. I received the email below today:

DOCUMENT VERIFICATION NOTIFICATION

Thank you for submitting your credentials for evaluation to World Education Services (WES). We are committed to preparing evaluations based on documents that are accurate and valid. After an initial review of your documents, we have determined that they must be verified by the institution that issued them.

This is to advise you that photocopies of your documents have been sent to University of Lagos for verification and that your file has been placed on hold until we receive their written response. For more information regarding the verification process please visit our website at: https://www.wes.org/required-documents/

If you are applying to a Canadian college or university, and are waiting for your WES evaluation, we encourage you to share this letter with them to inform them that WES is in the process of verifying your credentials.

Please who knows the process for Unilag? Will they be responding via email or through courier
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by IamIye: 9:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
Ohhh okay then. Thanks for the response.

Marvi4real:

Nobody's local VO is in Sydney that is the central intake office where initial processing is done and files are transferred from there to a local visa office which could be Ottawa or london
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 9:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hi All, I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting this question but anyways...I have an enquiry about APEGA Registration (for engineers) and I believe someone can help.

So I had my credential evaluation completed via WES, which what I used for my EE application. I have received my PR now.

To get myself prepared for Canada, I decided to register with APEGA to get EIT status. So, I applied for an upgrade of my WES report (i.e. I applied for the course-by-course evaluation). My understanding is that my universities do not have to send my transcripts, degree certs or complete any verification again since this was done previously. Strangely, I got an email from WES few days after applying for the upgrade that my application is pending because they are awaiting verification from my universtity. I am wondering why my university will verify what has already been verified.

I have sent two emails to WES via their contact page and yet no reply. I was on the phone this evening to a representative that was insisting my uni has to verify my transcript. I called again 2 hours after and spoke to another person. She also said the same thing (makes me think they have a scripted message they just read out to everyone). When she saw I wasn't having it, she said she will forward my enquiry to the appropriate dept and they will be in contact with me.

Please has anyone experienced this? Also, what medium can I use to call-out WES...as it is now this email and phone calls ain't working.

Sorry for my lengthy post...whew.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 10:47pm On Aug 17, 2017
Kontagious:

Hi,

I’ve applied for the remark but it takes 10 weeks to get it back. Let me quickly say I was told at BC it take about 10 weeks. So I asked, by about that means it could be less or even more than 10 weeks. Lady responded that maximum is 10 weeks – remark takes 6 to 8 weeks, then travel time (to and fro) of 10 days, so maximum period is 10 weeks.

If I may ask, what do you need the result for? Canada and/or Australia? If Canada, as you may know, this result give you maximum point you can get. If Australia, then you should consider a remark, you’d likely get a boost but you won’t be able to use this result even for your Canadian need till the remark comes back.

my remark took waaayyyy more than that...
i applied in august and received in december..
so that about is REALLY "about"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 10:49pm On Aug 17, 2017
Long post alert!!

Although my result is not 100% perfect, below were My IELTS strategy, tips, materials used, etc.

Listening band score 8.
1. Wrote all answers in capital letters as advised here.
2.watched ieltsliz YouTube videos on listening.
3. Practiced listening for a month using Cambridge IELTS 1-12.
During my rigorous practice, I noticed I fail a lot of questions with option answers. To tackle this I used time to check previous questions and time to check sections with this highly paraphrased section to understand the question in the section as well as go through all the option answers I.e I checked questions and answers well before speaker started talking. Thank God I did this cos my exam turned out to have many of it while I missed questions 1 and 2.

Reading band 8.5 score tips.
1. Watched ieltsliz videos and started practice with academic reading. In few days and with access to numerous GT reading in my downloaded Cambridge ielts 1-12, I focused on GT reading and realize it is simpler than academic.
2. Wrote all answers in capital letters as advised here and verified in IELTS materials.
3. Wrote answers exactly the way I saw them in passages. I.e. Except for true/false type, I didn't think about or cram the spelling, I just simply lift it from passages.
4. Practiced for a month alongside listening and ensure I timed myself.

Speaking band 7. Started practice very late about 7 days to the exam.
1. Watched series of band 8 and 9 videos on YouTube.
2. Saw some ieltsliz video on speaking but it made me feel overwhelmed and scared because exam was near. However, the only video that suppressed the speaking fear for me is a YouTube speaking video by E2 Language. The video was an eye opener, after it my fear disappeared.

On exam day, my cue card was about something I went early for. When I saw the question, I couldn't remember anything than the exam. Yes! I spoke about arriving early for the speaking exam because I live far and can't afford to pay for another exam if I miss the session. My examiner smiled when I said it was the exam I arrived early for.

Writing band 7 score. I wish I can challenge the score but no need.

Practice: I Wrote some essays and letters as provided in ielts 1-12 and gave to a friend who studied English to correct and give me feedback. Browsed ieltsbuddy writing tips and understanding essay task. However, I was still scared till around 12am on exam day after I read some ielts responses and examiners score and comment as contained in one of my Cambridge Ielts materials. Reading the sample responses and score and comment made me understand what I really need to write.

On exam day: letter was about writing to a friend for picture you took together during holiday but can't get it anymore. While essay was on rubbish dumping on the street and villages, problem associated with the dumping, and solution to the problem caused by the menace.

By analysing the sample responses overnight, I realize in my essay I was to discuss problems caused by improper waste disposal and solutions to the problems. I also concluded the solution is to the problem and not to improper refuse dumping. I have a number of vocabulary that helped paraphrase the words and sentences due to a project I am writing on waste management in Lagos. Also, since I read that ielts examiner are interested in pattern of writing and not trueness of example, I gave an example of cholera outbreak in lagos in 1999 caused by bacteria contamination of pipe borne water that passed through a community waste dump site.

Thank you all for the tips and advises. I hope someone find this useful.

Awaiting ECA. It shall end with praises.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 10:53pm On Aug 17, 2017
Osemigho:

Okay. Thanks for the reply.

I believe fixed deposit cert without Starement of account is sufficient. True?

I think that if u have a long term(eg 6-12 mnths) fixed deposit, u can go ahead and use it alongside ur bank reference letter......
I favor treasury bills cos d interest is far better....and will increase ur funds while saving it for u.. grin grin
concerning account statement, the VO reserves d right to demand further proof if in doubt at any point so just knw that an acct statement profiling recent(6mnths) transaction can be requested.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 10:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
labelbybee:
Hello all,

Please who knows the process for Unilag? Will they be responding via email or through courier

Don't bug yourself, unilag has a way of answering them with ease. You can visit records office if they don't respond in 1-2wks. I am not sure if it will cost you anything though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 17, 2017
Osemigho:

Congratulations!!!

It will surely end in praise!!! smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by seggie007: 11:22pm On Aug 17, 2017
Thanks, ADR was for RPRF receipt, Travel bio page, height and color eye details for myself and dependants. VO was London.

mukhtar4u:
This timeline is soo long, I am happy for you oo, at last.
Congratulations galore...

Please can you share what the ADR was on July 10th?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AwesomeGod: 11:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
Please can i send you an email?
Yewwygraceful:
Hi AwesomeGod, I am a Lawyer and have submitted my application. Do you have any questions

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 18, 2017
seggie007:
Thanks, ADR was for RPRF receipt, Travel bio page, height and color eye details for myself and dependants. VO was London.

Oh, I see! Congrats once again, I pray that the remaining part will be smooth ride.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 18, 2017
adeivie:
Hello All.please I have two questions and I need urgent answers to them:

1.who among us has successfully used his/her statement of result instead of certificate for the wes evaluation?

2.After sending the statement of result to wes for evaluation,that is if they accept it,what is the response I should expect concerning transcript.

I need urgent answers guys.please

1. Statement of result is acceptable (Check this link for reference)

2. Check this link for the steps to follow.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by crowndee: 1:00am On Aug 18, 2017
Hello house,please how much is WES in naira and how do I pay?

Can we use a joint account for POF. My partner n I are into common law not yet married so the account read both names though he is the principal applicant?

Is there hope for increase in mark for Reading if ask for remark?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nairacrusader: 2:52am On Aug 18, 2017
A very good morning to you guys

i haven't been sleeping these days as I do not know how I and DH will go about this process. A brief history of what we have done so far....

1- We have both written IELTS...DH had 9, 8.5,8.5,8.5 while i had 7, 5.5,5.5,5.5 ( I intend to apply for a re-mark though)

2- Education.....DH has Bachelors degree, while I have both bachelors and Masters from the UK

3-Do we send only certificates or transcripts to WES? Either way everything is gonna be sent through our different universities

4- Employment- Hubby works for an oil company and has more than 5 years professional experience, while I have more than 3 years UK working experience but I came back to Nigeria in 2015, and i only just got a part-time job in an admin office in a local govt council here in Lagos.

5- Can we start our application process if DH is the principal applicant? Or do i need to write IELTS again for better points for us?

We intend applying this weekend....we dont want to make any errors whatsoever...please I will need you guys help....any advise would be welcomed...smiley

I don't know why i am scared though....but i am. sad

God Bless you all and grants all your heart's desires....smiley Thank you again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Canadianfly: 3:10am On Aug 18, 2017
nairacrusader:

i haven't been sleeping these days as I do not know how I and DH will go about this process. A brief history of what we have done so far....

1- We have both written IELTS...DH had 9, 8.5,8.5,8.5 while i had 7, 5.5,5.5,5.5 ( I intend to apply for a re-mark though)

2- Education.....DH has Bachelors degree, while I have both bachelors and Masters from the UK

3-Do we send only certificates or transcripts to WES? Either way everything is gonna be sent through our different universities

4- Employment- Hubby works for an oil company and has more than 5 years professional experience, while I have more than 3 years UK working experience but I came back to Nigeria in 2015, and i only just got a part-time job in an admin office in a local govt council here in Lagos.

5- Can we start our application process if DH is the principal applicant? Or do i need to write IELTS again for better points for us?

We intend applying this weekend....we dont want to make any errors whatsoever...please I will need you guys help....any advise would be welcomed...smiley

God Bless you all and grants all your heart's desires....smiley Thank you again.

Just let Oga be principal applicant. Your score is not good, save yourself any remark and go get your MSc/MA assessed. Follow these steps:

1) Get your Masters and Oga's Bachelors assessed. Send copies of transcript and certificates. Your school would send transcript to WES.

2) Forget your work experience and all the UK thing, you won't be the principal applicant so all that will go to personal history when you apply.

3) Use this link to score Oga and see what una estimated score would be http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

4) Once una ECA is done, jump into the pool.

Reason why you can't be the principal applicant is your IELTS is poor and your work experience not as strong. Your hubby's IELTS is excellent, and his current job can provide a reference letter for him to claim points. He has a higher chance than you. Another thing, hope hubby is not above 35? Use the tool to assess you and him. It doesn't matter if he works in an oil company or not, what matters in this process is his job description, that is what he will use to claim NOC code. Read the 1st few pages of this thread and write down pointers. Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 3:36am On Aug 18, 2017
nairacrusader:

It's anxiety that's making you scared. A lot of us here can relate as we put so much into this journey.
Mg advise is to first check your crs scores with hubby's IELTS, degree and years of experience. The mast draw was 433.
However, you can redo your IELTS as you'll get a higher score with your master's. The work experience you have though is it in the eligible NOC? 0 A or B?

Let's know how you get on.
Best wishes.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nairacrusader: 3:42am On Aug 18, 2017
Canadianfly:

Oga is actually 35...he'l b 36 next year January...i'm 37 though

What is ECA please?

Thanks very much for the encouragement smiley

Just let Oga be principal applicant. Your score is not good, save yourself any remark and go get your MSc/MA assessed. Follow these steps:

1) Get your Masters and Oga's Bachelors assessed. Send copies of transcript and certificates. Your school would send transcript to WES.

2) Forget your work experience and all the UK thing, you won't be the principal applicant so all that will go to personal history when you apply.

3) Use this link to score Oga and see what una estimated score would be http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

4) Once una ECA is done, jump into the pool.

Reason why you can't be the principal applicant is your IELTS is poor and your work experience not as strong. Your hubby's IELTS is excellent, and his current job can provide a reference letter for him to claim points. He has a higher chance than you. Another thing, hope hubby is not above 35? Use the tool to assess you and him. It doesn't matter if he works in an oil company or not, what matters in this process is his job description, that is what he will use to claim NOC code. Read the 1st few pages of this thread and write down pointers. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Canadianfly: 3:59am On Aug 18, 2017
@Nairacrusader

ECA is Educational Credential Assessment. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp You can use WES or IQAS. Whatever your preference, to get your Masters and hubby's Bachelors assessed to Canadian equivalent.

The express entry system gives/deducts points for age, the older one is....the less points they get. I advise your hubby should be the Principal applicant. Your Masters will give you guys 20 points. I just did an estimated CRS calculation with the info you provided and the score is 401. Which is a tad low. I think you should retake IELTS and aim for at least 8777 and higher to bring y'all to about 415.
First thing is do the ECA and start practicing for another IELTS.

**updated** You can actually be the principal applicant if you retake IELTS and get 8777. I did a CRS calcutation with your age, Masters, years of work experience and your hubby's IELTS score and it bumped to 430. So get practicing for another IELTS. Y'all stand a very good chance.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 4:00am On Aug 18, 2017
Wish you all the best!

GlitteringStar:
Hello everyone,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by seunfoster: 5:18am On Aug 18, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm happy to be here.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Saintp(m): 5:36am On Aug 18, 2017
dumsydsassy1:

Hello. You can use hellofax.com or myfax.com. Fax to +17804229734. Remember to put your application number on the cover page. I faced mine on the 28th of July and they responded and acknowledged receipt 16/08/2017. So yes they will respond but you need to give them time.

I read on hellofax that it is only free for 5 pages. But if you are faxing all the required docs to IQAS, it exceeds 5 pages. For example the signed application document alone is 3 pages, then put degree certificate, checklist, ID and payment receipt shoots it up 7 pages. I'm confused , i don't know if there is something I'm not doing right.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 5:47am On Aug 18, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

I think that if u have a long term(eg 6-12 mnths) fixed deposit, u can go ahead and use it alongside ur bank reference letter......
I favor treasury bills cos d interest is far better....and will increase ur funds while saving it for u.. grin grin
concerning account statement, the VO reserves d right to demand further proof if in doubt at any point so just knw that an acct statement profiling recent(6mnths) transaction can be requested.
Cheers.

Thanks. My main bank is the one that doesn't issue cic specified format. The other one that I opened just the week gives letter but there is no way I can't wait for its history to get to six month.

Can I submit savings on GTB and First bank Fixed deposit cert only?

Also, I have a 7 year old account with a registered investment company. Will letter or treasury bill from them be acceptable?

Edited: About time, my prayer is to get ITA by 23/08/2017. So I can submit before 31/08/2017.

I have proof of employment ready.

I did medical test for my student visa around March but I'm not sure I can use it for EE. If I need to do another, I will call next week Monday to book an appointment or just use any consultant in Lagos that doesn't require a reservation. I need CIC verifiable opinion on this.

For Passport, I have the one for my student visa, but, I can snap another. To do this, a successful EE applicant should pls recommend an organization in Lagos.

For PCC, I'm in Lagos, PCC can be done in few hours. This is the major reason for my set deadline of submission. I don't know how to obtain valid Nigeria PCC from Canada as school resumes in September. I will like to know how I can. Help!

I'm working on my POF and need advice too. Elders, Kindly advise.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.