Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (816) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2604233 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by phf2be: 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

@bolded

What do u mean? U want to go first and they join u later? U will still need to pay for family of 4 and they must land before the expiration of the visa. Unless u apply and indicate they are unaccompanying, then visa wouldn't be issued to them when u r given.

Anyways for family of 4 according to cic you need $22, 603 (Canadian dollars) and www.oanda.com converts it to N6,434,560

It's now $22,856 for a family of 4 @Mummy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by labelbybee: 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2017
It took 2 weeks just beacuse i sent someone there to do a follow up.

Fabmummy:
Hello @labelbybee I think they respond via email. Read it on here.

Meanwhile how long did it take unilag to send your transcript to wes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Sunflowerr: 2:22pm On Aug 18, 2017
@tobey2ng well appreciated thank You.

@mummyjaygirls looooool @ "destiny blocking" hehehe... thanks a lot. advice noted.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 2:22pm On Aug 18, 2017
Does anyone know the cost of medicals at Children's practice and that of Q-Life for children and babies? I need to compare the overall costs so that i will know which is cheaper for my large family.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kimipa: 2:24pm On Aug 18, 2017
And what if your Supervisor or Manager refuses to do so for fear of the HR being contacted by CIC, because if CIC contacts the HR directly the supervisor will surely be queried for signing such a document. I have seen it happen before. Hence my question as to what to do.

tobey2ng:

This has been dealt with time without number here. Give your supervisor or manager to sign it for you. Get the photocopy of his ID card /business attach to it. Please take your time to go back to previous pages to get more info on this. There is no time to rush when you don't understand what you are doing. Ensure the letter follow the cic format too. Best of luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 2:32pm On Aug 18, 2017
XX01:
Does anyone know the cost of medicals at Children's practice and that of Q-Life for children and babies? I need to compare the overall costs so that i will know which is cheaper for my large family.

I only know for adults and both places charge same price 28,000 naira.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by toyogirl: 2:37pm On Aug 18, 2017
Q-life is cheaper for children while Children's Practice is 28k, irrespective of age...

XX01:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 2:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
XX01:
Consultant's practice charge a flat rate for everyone, whereas Q-life charges way lower for babies and children, can't rem exactly how much.If you have kids go with Q-life, just that you have to book ahead.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by toyogirl: 2:41pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hmm. ...na to relax ooo since God is in control...I've resolved to only check my profile b4 going to bed at night and use my early momo & the rest of the day to do other things...I know of a few cases where they never got NA2 or IP2. ...It was straight from IP1 to PPR. ...'UNPREDICTABLE' is their middle name lipsrsealed

Yewwygraceful:
Amen but do you think there is a specific reason and Mrs. Bee, do you know if they have done any checks on you.

Between 1st and 8th August, my LinkedIn Profile was viewed three times. What about you?

Maybe all LVOs are full and they don't know where to send applications to. God is in control.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ladon7: 3:11pm On Aug 18, 2017
Good evening, pls is Nova Scotia pnp application on?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Lere2017: 3:14pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ladon7:
Good evening, pls is Nova Scotia pnp application on?

Not at the moment
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2017
kimipa:
And what if your Supervisor or Manager refuses to do so for fear of the HR being contacted by CIC, because if CIC contacts the HR directly the supervisor will surely be queried for signing such a document. I have seen it happen before. Hence my question as to what to do.

If it is not done on the company's letter head but on plain paper, it can be accepted by CIC as this has been done by some other applicants. Adding the supervisor's complimentary card lends credence and is quite okay. An added letter of explanation that this was done because of HR policies of the company concerned is also good to include.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by billy: 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2017
Do some binding and casting out....Perhaps, powers that be don't want you to move ahead....lol.

But can you start all over with the profile creation using another system?

Let's see how it goes

kissoflife:

Yes I do. I have over two yrs experience but I have decided to put only one year for ease of reference letter.

I have actually tried both one year and two years experience but still the profile ineligible problem.

I am certain I meet the requirements, I just don't understand what I am doing wrong.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2017
Q-Life is more affordable for a family with children...

XX01:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by billy: 3:34pm On Aug 18, 2017
I applied to my schools to send my transcript & result (ND & B.SC) to WES.... Meanwhile, I have a friend in Canada so I just sent a scanned copy of notification of results to him so he can post locally to WES cos I don't have my certificate yet...

He posted it to WES yesterday and I await an update from WES next week. I'm aware WES will still wait for my transcript from my school..

ITABABE:
. I successfully used my statement of result for WES. I requested my school to send my tanscript as per normal
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2017
Children's practice is N28,000 each for both adults and children while at Q-Life, babies and children is N20,000 while adult is N28,000

You don't have to pre-book to use Children's practice, you can just walk in but for Q-Life you must book first and they usually don't have space. I booked since 9th of August and the earliest date was 22nd August.

XX01:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by billy: 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2017
The $233.91 CAD is just for WES evaluation fee. You have got to sort out courier service with your school. It's not inclusive in the WES evaluation fee

cochtrane:

Does the 233.91CAD include sending the assessment via international courier?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2017
yimiton:
Children's practice is N28,000 each for both adults and children while at Q-Life, babies and children is N20,000 while adult is N28,000
boldinc:
Q-Life is more affordable for a family with children...
Adiahabasi:
Consultant's practice charge a flat rate for everyone, whereas Q-life charges way lower for babies and children, can't rem exactly how much.If you have kids go with Q-life, just that you have to book ahead.
toyogirl:
Q-life is cheaper for children while Children's Practice is 28k, irrespective of age...
Feygbe:

I only know for adults and both places charge same price 28,000 naira.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate. I used the heads up here to book immediately and my date is in September. cry cry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 3:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
I feel I need to share this here in case anyone is in my position and don't know what to do about it.

I have names that appear very inconsistent in all my degrees. My full name is Mary Olamide Emeka (not real name) and my name in the following documents are as follows:

Master's degree: Mide Mary Emeka

First degree: Emeka Made Mary (notice the wrong spelling in Mide)

IELTS: Mary Olamide Johnson (married name is Johnson)

WES: Emeka (Johnson) Mide Mary (Olamide) - I like how WES wrote the very complete names

So, to avoid stories that touch, I went to Lagos State ministry of justice and swore an affidavit of 'one and same person' informing the world that no matter how my name is written spelt, it's one and the same person. I listed all the possible ways it can be presented and it was upto 6!

I earnestly pray that CIC will accept my affidavit and treat my application but for now, I'm not letting it give me a headache. I have attached the affidavit with my educational credentials and waiting to submit my application as soon as we do our medicals on Tuesday.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JustinTrudeau: 3:58pm On Aug 18, 2017
Bolivia, were you told to write a statement too,if yes what did you write And why didn't you ask for a remark in writing?
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2017
yimiton:
I feel I need to share this here in case anyone is in my position and don't know what to do about it.

I have names that appear very inconsistent in all my degrees. My full name is Mary Olamide Emeka (not real name) and my name in the following documents are as follows:

WES: Emeka (Johnson) Mide Mary (Olamide) - I like how WES wrote the very complete names

So, to avoid stories that touch, I went to Lagos State ministry of justice and swore an affidavit of 'one and same person' informing the world that no matter how my name is written spelt, it's one and the same person. I listed all the possible ways it can be presented and it was upto 6!

I earnestly pray that CIC will accept my affidavit and treat my application but for now, I'm not letting it give me a headache. I have attached the affidavit with my educational credentials and waiting to submit my application as soon as we do our medicals on Tuesday.

Not to worry, as long as the affidavit was sworn to in a competent office of the court, it will be accepted. CIC relies on the position/authority of the court that stamped the affidavit in this regard. In other words, if it is okay with the Nigerian court, it is okay for CIC.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by crazyinlove: 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hi elders in the house.

Why would my spouse and baby have 10 digits UCI and I have 8 digits.

She applied for FSWP in 2014 and her application was returned even before her account was debited.

My major concern now is I didn't mention that in my application.

What do you advise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 4:15pm On Aug 18, 2017
Thanks oh. Even though I tell myself that I'm not bothered about this, a tiny voice in my mind keeps telling me its something to worry about.

Blackbuddy:

Not to worry, as long as the affidavit was sworn to in a competent office of the court, it will be accepted. CIC relies on the position/authority of the court that stamped the affidavit in this regard. In other words, if it is okay with the Nigerian court, it is okay for CIC.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 4:37pm On Aug 18, 2017
crazyinlove:
Hi elders in the house.

Why would my spouse and baby have 10 digits UCI and I have 8 digits.

She applied for FSWP in 2014 and her application was returned even before her account was debited.

My major concern now is I didn't mention that in my application.

What do you advise

UCI is either 8 or 10 digits, both are normal. See here, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=772&top=4

As your spouse's previous application was not processed before it was returned, it will not affect your current application adversely.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2017
threadstone:

On Hellofax, you can sign up for paid version for $10 monthly using your bank card- gives a free 30 day trial after which the payment will be deducted, you may cancel later if you wish.

I used myfax.com or something like that and it allow up to 10 pages at once. Just google free fax of more than 5 pages.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 4:58pm On Aug 18, 2017
billy:
The $233.91 CAD is just for WES evaluation fee. You have got to sort out courier service with your school. It's not inclusive in the WES evaluation fee

he meant sending it to u. $233.91 is plus shipping with regular mail
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by funshobabs(m): 5:14pm On Aug 18, 2017
I think I have read on this forum about more messier situation and the person even gotten ppr faster than some well documented applications. Its all about grace. What will be will be. don't trouble ur pretty head.

At least u have done an affidavit so why worry. I know its not easy but just be hopeful.

yimiton:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Eesha: 5:19pm On Aug 18, 2017
I did not submit at the point of dispatching the passports but i read on this forum that it's advisable even if your family configuration remains unchanged. A week later, i filled and sent via mail
elizabetha:
Please did you submit any form IMM008 (update family information). Was this mentioned in your PPR letter?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 5:32pm On Aug 18, 2017
Eesha:
I did not submit at the point of dispatching the passports but i read on this forum that it's advisable even if your family configuration remains unchanged. A week later, i filled and sent via mail
elizabetha:
Please did you submit any form IMM008 (update family information). Was this mentioned in your PPR letter?

The PPR letter even advices u fill it to aid processing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 5:34pm On Aug 18, 2017
phf2be:

It's now $22,856 for a family of 4 @Mummy

Eewo! No vex o, abeg poster please take note. Thanks for clarifying

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 5:36pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ajujuju2:

Hello @deore @nonviolence @yooku @mrsbee @bbaby84
Ok i believe we are still on track. Apart from Ottawa peeps that be "flying like witches on a broom" (just kidding) applications take about 3wks to change from NA2 to IP2. so we are looking at a date around the 15th.
(my theory ooo... Could also be me justifying d snail speed[b][/b] cheesy cheesy )

I'm NA2 July 25th as well...club Sydney CIO cheesy grin grin

Na 18th be dis oh and still no movement!! Ah ah!! lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 5:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hephgirl:
Me I'm still learning o.
I never even write ielts lol not to talk of entering pool.

I'm a student in d fbi and UK pcc class.

But what I know is I'm already a Canadian resident. *Flips hair * cats walk away

Lol. I like your type. Are you single? *Wink*

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.