Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2601046 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by muyiwaojo1(m): 1:23pm On Mar 30, 2016
iphie25:

Sent
Please I need some ielts materials as well. muyiwaojo1@gmail.com
God bless u all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hfc80: 1:42pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hello house,

I need more enlighten on this:

1. Its a must for someone to have a relative or family in any of the province in Canada before the person can be nominated or having someone there will boost the person's point.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 2:17pm On Mar 30, 2016
Sorry guys for d late reply...here is d link for the Ielts Materials.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-ikaTdt2XnEY3ZmTGNUTzIxbVE&usp=sharing&tid=0B-ikaTdt2XnEXzhWLXJhYWR5OHM

Cc:
muyiwaojo1:

God bless u all
overlord77:

Hello @Iphy, please I would love to also have my hands on the IELTS learning material. Email is zeus_hackerz@yahoo.com
muyiwaojo1:

God bless u all
overlord77:

Hello @Iphy, please I would love to also have my hands on the IELTS learning material. Email is zeus_hackerz@yahoo.com
HIDDENSECRECY:

Hello Iphie25,
Please I will appreciate if you could share same material with me please. Thanks in advance (dandyboy4luv@yahoo.com).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 2:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
Finally had my speaking test today in Lagos.It went well.

I was interviewed by a Nigerian actually, questions about weather and dancing.

Other test is this Saturday, I hope on God.

cc iphie25
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by purplecircle: 3:02pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hello please where did you take your testplease.
primeson1:

cc iphie25
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 6:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
primeson1:

cc iphie25

And he'll see you through...Insha Allah.
On Sat just remain calm and focused. Your testimony is loading... wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 9:20pm On Mar 30, 2016
Pinkygrace:
Please house who has taken CELPIP TEST before i need some information so as to know which test i should take

what would you like to know about the test?
celpip test is all online, on the computer.no face to face speaking test.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nicerichard05: 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2016
Pls house what are the jobs that ar readily available in canada as soon as u come into the country, whether skilled or unskilled. Thanks ur urgent response is needed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Acos925(m): 10:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
Bros...abeg, am I that invisible with my request

I do need some informations and guidelines. Myself and my fiancee are planning on relocating to Canada come next year after finishing her Midwifery. She is a Nurse working in Nigeria. I work in an Hospital as well and with a Master degree and a professional certificate in HSE.
I just need to know the required detailed information that will help to facilitate the process as early as possible so that one can start planning towards it from now.
Thanks in anticipation for your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beryl15: 11:46pm On Mar 30, 2016
Acos925:
Bros...abeg, am I that invisible with my request

I do need some informations and guidelines. Myself and my fiancee are planning on relocating to Canada come next year after finishing her Midwifery. She is a Nurse working in Nigeria. I work in an Hospital as well and with a Master degree and a professional certificate in HSE.
I just need to know the required detailed information that will help to facilitate the process as early as possible so that one can start planning towards it from now.
Thanks in anticipation for your response.
Welcome on board. Please try and read the first page of this thread, the steps has been outlined there..when you're done you can come back and ask specific questions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beryl15: 11:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hello everyone, I've been a silent follower since Jan. smiley great job everyone and I pray our dreams for this Canada waka will be fulfilled.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 12:05am On Mar 31, 2016
esosa4real:

Lol @ silent doctors! Guess we are three now.

Wow! I didn't see all these info before I asked you some questions earlier...nice info

1. Any ways one quick one!, what are these notarised documents? Must it be mail? I thought I saw option of scan on their site

2. Notarised here you mean by min of education? Or foreign affairs? Because I already did them when coming to Saudi Arabia including licence.

3. Also, which department do you think they contact? I really need to know to inform them because my UNI dey crase. Don't know how my uni will compile my transcripts for MCC without me being involved grin (I hope u get this...lol)

For me I will like to be successful with this ECA part before I proceed with any other thing. I hope it works
Thanks for the advice though, Godbless

first of all, i be woman abeg. make una change d bros to sis jorrr grin@ ebho and esosa
1) wen u register on physicianapply, u will be given some documents to download and take to a lawyer or notary public. u will also have to notarize a photocopy of your mbbs, data page of your international passport and a passport size photograph.
2) u will post all d above to canada by mail not by scan pls.( except if they recently changed d procedure shaa)
3) they will look through these documents and either accept or reject it. if accepted, they will scan and upload it into your profile and u or any other person will be able o see it online.
4) one of d documents u will fill, sign, and send is a consent/authorization for them (through ECFMG) to request verification from your univ that u completed and graduated there as u claim. for me, my registrar was contacted. if no response frm your schl, u will be informed on who to contact at ur schl to reply them.

5) once your verification scales thru, u can then request for an eca report- at a cost... u will be given both an e-copy and a hard copy posted by mail.
6) regarding time line, frm opening a physicianapply.ca account to receiving ma eca report took about 4-5mnths. most of d delay came from me.
hope these help u and anyone concerned.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pinkygrace(f): 12:35am On Mar 31, 2016
britiko:

what would you like to know about the test?
celpip test is all online, on the computer.no face to face speaking test.

Thanks britiko, please do you have any study materials and can you give any hints on how best to prepare for the exams
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by akanni(m): 2:16am On Mar 31, 2016
ChisOsin:

OK....thanks
But is it 54days from when u arrived Canada or from when you got ur PPR? Or from when?

It's from when you arrive in Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by akanni(m): 2:18am On Mar 31, 2016
nicerichard05:
Pls house what are the jobs that ar readily available in Canada as soon as u come into the country, whether skilled or unskilled. Thanks ur urgent response is needed.
From working in restaurants, fast food joints, stores, to customer service jobs,i.e teller, jobs in your line,etc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zeelo2014: 5:17am On Mar 31, 2016
ChisOsin:

OK....thanks
But is it 54days from when u arrived Canada or from when you got ur PPR? Or from when?
After your arrival.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 10:46am On Mar 31, 2016
Hi ugoiyke79e, good to find a doc who has done an eca recently. what school did you finish from?
@esosa4real, @ebho, kindly click on my moniker and read my previous posts. i had put up a detailed explanation for mbbs eca a couple of weeks back.
@ebho, i will advise that you encourage your wife to also get involved in reading the thread and in getting more info on the EE process as well as researching her job possibilities and options in Canada seeing as she intends to be the principal applicant for your fam.
@esosa4real, you can do everything from Saudi Arabia, however you would need to get someone at your school to help facilitate the verification process. You would also need to get a police clearance from Nigeria as well as reference letters from your previous employers. However, these would be needed in the later stages......unless you anticipate a prolonged delay in getting reference letters or an inability to travel to Nigeria at any point prior to submission of your application.
I am yet to find any mbbs holder who has shared their experience on either the fsw or EE and successful PR process and life after landing in canada. If una see any abeg make una holla me too.
@iphie25 thanks for link.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ThreeGEEKS(m): 11:43am On Mar 31, 2016
Please I need help this is very important.
OK a family member just told me he is planning on furthering his studies in the UK because the course which he wants to study is not offered much in Canada (Cyber security) but he plans to go to Canada afterwards since with his UK degree, it could help him have an edge since the market for that career is still growing.
Please who thinks like I do that this may just be a bad idea. Please I need constructive criticism.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
akanni:

It's from when you arrive in Canada.
OK....Thanks
I appreciate....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Momoluwa: 2:35pm On Mar 31, 2016
Please i have a question regarding the proof of funds to include in the application. i have the required funds in a fixed deposit, i fixed this money about 2 months ago. just to ensure i don't spend it, it was actually gifted to me.
1. Am i required to show that i have had this money for over 6 months? or will the FD certificate be just enough.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by muyiwaojo1(m): 2:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hello zandora, Jesusdway and everyone here. U guys are just the best. I just checked the NOC for my 26yrs old wife and I saw something related to her work on code 1228. And that's class (B). Although her job tittle on her employment letter is tax administrator. But what I saw on NOC when I searched for that was tax collection officer or tax enrollment officer. So I want to know if we are on a correct Lane by thinking she falls on that category, class B.
Secondly, when I checked mine, I saw mine on class D. Although I earn more than her in salary, but if she's going to be the PA, will my class D have any adverse effect on our application, probably by reducing our points?
And lastly, as regards WES, how long does it take for the evaluation to come out and is d evaluation free?
She also has a BSc in history and international relations and a masters in masters in public and international affairs, does she need to submit the 2 certificate to Wes or just the MSc
Thanks and God bless u all...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
JesusDWay:
Everyone should please note this concerning NOCs, any NOC which its second digit is from 4 upwards will fall under skill type C or D, which does not qualify to apply for FSW programme under Express Entry. You may however check some province's nomination programme as some of them allow people of Skill type C to apply.

But my NOC is 0412 which falls under Skill Type 0......or I stand to be corrected please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Suneshol: 4:59pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hello. Pls i have a question.How long does it take to get your visa stamped on your passport, after sending to ghana?
Mine has taken more than 5 weeks and am yet to get any update. Does anyone have an idea of what's going on??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 5:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
vcole:
Hi ugoiyke79e, good to find a doc who has done an eca recently. what school did you finish from?
@esosa4real, @ebho, kindly click on my moniker and read my previous posts. i had put up a detailed explanation for mbbs eca a couple of weeks back.
@ebho, i will advise that you encourage your wife to also get involved in reading the thread and in getting more info on the EE process as well as researching her job possibilities and options in Canada seeing as she intends to be the principal applicant for your fam.
@esosa4real, you can do everything from Saudi Arabia, however you would need to get someone at your school to help facilitate the verification process. You would also need to get a police clearance from Nigeria as well as reference letters from your previous employers. However, these would be needed in the later stages......unless you anticipate a prolonged delay in getting reference letters or an inability to travel to Nigeria at any point prior to submission of your application.
I am yet to find any mbbs holder who has shared their experience on either the fsw or EE and successful PR process and life after landing in canada. If una see any abeg make una holla me too.
@iphie25 thanks for link.

i know a doc who was in d fsw stream. she got her PR in 2012 and currently practices as gp in saskatchewen. she and her husband. she isnt on this forum.
i dont know d current opportunities for docs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hello all,
I am a 33yr old married Engineering graduate with two kids. I have however never worked in Engineering. I have 7yrs experience in internal audit and have both ACCA and CIA qualifications. What are my chances for the Express Entry and what is my best shot?

Regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 12:14am On Apr 01, 2016
Pinkygrace:

Thanks britiko, please do you have any study materials and can you give any hints on how best to prepare for the exams

No I do not have study materials. There are a couple of practice tests online. I also bought the online study pack. Common errors in celpip but my access code is long expired.

Practice the online free test and if you feel u need more practice, then you can buy their study pack.
The test is quite easy. It's a 3 hrs test on all bands. If you are in canada, familiarize urself with things happening around. Listen to news, read articles cos the exam is more about canadian culture and life style.(work ethics and the likes).

Practice, practice, practice and you will excel.
I hope this helps.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ceemac: 12:20am On Apr 01, 2016
Any one in London Ontario here please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 12:58am On Apr 01, 2016
vcole:
Hey! Fancy meeting you here all the way from the other missionary thread. lol!
Well, I am yet to start an application......still sitting on the fence.
Anyway, we do not evaluate our credentials through WES. its done through MCC Canada. Check out their site for info. www.mcc.ca
Thus far, i have gathered the following info as regards an MBBS ECA.
1)open an account on www.physiciansapply.ca a $278 non-refundable fee is charged.
2)request for a source verification (svr) of your qualification on the physicians apply site (this is done through ECFMG). It costs $157.
3)Send MCC a copy of your mbbs degree and a cover letter (downloaded from your physicians apply account) via courier.
4)2-3 working days after receiving no. 3, ECFMG sends a request for a source verification of your degree to your school via regular mail (with a copy of your degree, a form to be filled and a pre-addressed envelope). If the school does not respond within 60 days, they will send another request to the school. At this point you can opt for a courier delivery to your school. They will only repeat this step 4 up to a maximum of 3 times.
5)ECFMG responds to your school and processes your verification within 20 working days and then you can proceed to step 6.
6)Request for an ECA from MCC. this would cost $102 and would take 21 working days to process.
7)Pay a courier fee for delivery of your ECA to Nigeria (about $140).
Note that step 2 may take as long as 100 days or more seeing as most Nigerian schools claim not to receive this mail. To speed up your process, you wanna keep tabs on your school right after ecfmg requests for a source verification and ensure they check their mail and then you pay for a courier delivery back to ecfmg.

Boss thanks for referring me back to this back posts. Infact I read all your posts. Its surprising however that you still haven't started an application yet, with all the information's you have now at your disposal. what's ur update now?

I think apart from the MCC we wouldn't have much of a problem and of course aceing the IELTS is a must. I will be starting my MCC application soon and will do my best for verification to be sped up at school by a contact.

BTW I am single (marriage in the works late next year) and would be 30 at time of EE profile creation, lets say early next year, its that okay?? or do married couples have more chances/points?

I am also yet to find a NL Medical doctor who has passed through the EE system successfully up to PR stage and eventual licensure. Anyways God dey, I have heard of a few docs though outside NL who are working there, but not as doctors (think assistants).

Thanks very much for your reply, I have copied the steps and will brief you on how it goes.
Godbless!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 1:11am On Apr 01, 2016
ugoiyke79e:

first of all, i be woman abeg. make una change d bros to sis jorrr grin@ ebho and esosa
1) wen u register on physicianapply, u will be given some documents to download and take to a lawyer or notary public. u will also have to notarize a photocopy of your mbbs, data page of your international passport and a passport size photograph.
2) u will post all d above to canada by mail not by scan pls.( except if they recently changed d procedure shaa)
3) they will look through these documents and either accept or reject it. if accepted, they will scan and upload it into your profile and u or any other person will be able o see it online.
4) one of d documents u will fill, sign, and send is a consent/authorization for them (through ECFMG) to request verification from your univ that u completed and graduated there as u claim. for me, my registrar was contacted. if no response frm your schl, u will be informed on who to contact at ur schl to reply them.

5) once your verification scales thru, u can then request for an eca report- at a cost... u will be given both an e-copy and a hard copy posted by mail.
6) regarding time line, frm opening a physicianapply.ca account to receiving ma eca report took about 4-5mnths. most of d delay came from me.
hope these help u and anyone concerned.

lol.....sisi eko nor vez!! Good to see the eca report via mcc is DOABLE, I will give it a good try but concerning the notarisation of documents, I don't trust this arabo lawyers...lol, I guess I can scan my documents to relatives in Nigeria to handle that for me? as well as send the notarised documents and passport photo on my behalf to MCC.

Please now that you have ur eca report, what stage are you in now? anyways I wish you good luck and a speed process.
Godless,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thrombos(f): 3:23am On Apr 01, 2016
iphie25:

Ok I'll send d materials. Ieltsbuddy is good, ieltsliz.com is good as well especially for writing and speaking. I got 8.5 in L&R, 7 in W and 7.5 in S.

Pls iphie25 , pls can You send the materials to me too . Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.