Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2601011 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2016
Fortissimo:
Hi everyone

It seems cic is using black market rates for PoF. My person just got a letter from cic that she needs to show additional funds within 30days.

What are the options? Sell property? Gift deed?

Cc: zandora, jesusdway

If you can get a copy of the letter, we would better know what exactly the issue is cuz, asking for additional funds may also be because the person doesn't even have the required funds earlier or, submitted before the required amount for each family size was reviewed upwards this February so, let's have the real details and we can know what to advise. Of however the situation shows the person had the money but it's exchange rate that became an issue, then let the person get funds from his/her parents and let them write a Gift Deed for him/her, that should work

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bosypumpin: 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2016
@iphie
@Nitta J & @ dupyshoo, i appreciate the wonderful contributions made in clarifying the seemingly unclear words.
@ JesusDway, thank you.

My own is that I have at hand an ECA result which evaluated my LLB degree as a ' 4 years Bachelors Degree'. I have created an EE profile and my level of education has 126 has its score. do you think the "15 points" iphie is talking about has been added or may still be added if we resolve this clarifications we seek?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:31pm On Apr 06, 2016
bosypumpin:
@iphie
@Nitta J & @ dupyshoo, i appreciate the wonderful contributions made in clarifying the seemingly unclear words.
@ JesusDway, thank you.

My own is that I have at hand an ECA result which evaluated my LLB degree as a ' 4 years Bachelors Degree'. I have created an EE profile and my level of education has 126 has its score. do you think the "15 points" iphie is talking about has been added or may still be added if we resolve this clarifications we seek?
Thank you

It's not added and won't be added except you change the qualification from Bsc to Masters/Professional Degree and ensure you submit it as you are doing the process, that's when the 15marks will be added
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
bosypumpin:
@iphie
@ JesusDway, thank you.

Thank you

It appears that 126 is the points you get when u claim a Masters or professional degree, while 112 points is given for Bachelor's degree.

My question is this: did u indicate Bachelor's degree and still got 126 points? Or u claimed a professional degree? Cos that will let you know if the 15 points have already been added
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 06, 2016
JesusDWay:

If you can get a copy of the letter, we would better know what exactly the issue is cuz, asking for additional funds may also be because the person doesn't even have the required funds earlier or, submitted before the required amount for each family size was reviewed upwards this February so, let's have the real details and we can know what to advise. Of however the situation shows the person had the money but it's exchange rate that became an issue, then let the person get funds from his/her parents and let them write a Gift Deed for him/her, that should work

Thanks so much for your response. Below is the letter:

Dear,

We are now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada in the skilled worker category.

We have determined that you may be ineligible to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that you do not meet the Financials requirements necessary for a family of $12,164(CAD$) as outlined in section R76(1)(b) of the Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations:

The skilled worker must

(i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to one half of the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or

(ii) be awarded points under paragraph 82(2)(a), (b) or (d) for arranged employment, as defined in subsection 82(1), in Canada.

Before we make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue. You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you). Valuations of current property are not acceptable as proof of available funds.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

As stated above, you must provide any additional information within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information we will make are decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

We look forward to receiving your additional information.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,

Meanwhile, she submitted a Fixed Deposit certificate of ₦1,580,000 from Diamond bank and also evidence of investment of ₦464,240.85 from another reputable financial institution (Investment One). This brings the total to ₦2,044,240.85 which is equivalent to $13, 660.0(CAD$) using the calculator https://www.oanda.com/. So we are really confused about CIC's request because she is showing more than required.

We are wondering if CIC omitted the ₦464,240.85 because it did not come from a bank. We want to send a case specific enquiry on this or what do you guys think?

cc zandora, vcole
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 5:30pm On Apr 06, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:
31st draw! Cut-off 470 with 954 ITAs issued.

This is getting really serious.

shocked

Which way Canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
40manlappy:

shocked

Which way Canada?

Way is that all those things CICnews is saying don't look like their prediction is right, just go straight for PNP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2016
Fortissimo:

Thanks so much for your response. Below is the letter:

Meanwhile, she submitted a Fixed Deposit certificate of ₦1,580,000 from Diamond bank and also evidence of investment of ₦464,240.85 from another reputable financial institution (Investment One). This brings the total to ₦2,044,240.85 which is equivalent to $13, 660.0(CAD$) using the calculator https://www.oanda.com/. So we are really confused about CIC's request because she is showing more than required.

We are wondering if CIC omitted the ₦464,240.85 because it did not come from a bank. We want to send a case specific enquiry on this or what do you guys think?

cc zandora, vcole

This is the same letter I keep seeing almost everyone they want to deny, I just hope they are not doing it deliberately. One possibility is that they likely worked with only one of the POF and left out the other one, something similar to this has caused trouble for people in the past. What she should have done was to write a letter of explanation as the first thing they will see on the page for pof, where she would explain she's using a combination of 2 pofs and give the official exchange rate and do the maths for them. That way, they won't have choice than to use the two. I actually don't think they can use black market, it's totally unprofessional. The solution may be to go to CBN's website and print out the exchange rate, then attach it the ones she submitted earlier and write a letter of explanation that it is the accounts she's using as her pof and that the exchange rate as stipulated by CBN, when you used to do the math for the combination of the two pof shows she has more than sufficient. Alternatively, she can get extra money from her parents and get a gift deed for it that they gave her as a gift for her relocation plans

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 7:57pm On Apr 06, 2016
Hello All, I really need your advice. I work for a bank and they are not willing to issue a bank balance certificate as required by CIC been a staff. I am thinking of using my other accounts in either gtb or diamond but they are all savings. Please, what are my options here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimaXYZ: 8:28pm On Apr 06, 2016
JesusDWay:

This is the same letter I keep seeing almost everyone they want to deny, I just hope they are not doing it deliberately. One possibility is that they likely worked with only one of the POF and left out the other one, something similar to this has caused trouble for people in the past. What she should have done was to write a letter of explanation as the first thing they will see on the page for pof, where she would explain she's using a combination of 2 pofs and give the official exchange rate and do the maths for them. That way, they won't have choice than to use the two. I actually don't think they can use black market, it's totally unprofessional. The solution may be to go to CBN's website and print out the exchange rate, then attach it the ones she submitted earlier and write a letter of explanation that it is the accounts she's using as her pof and that the exchange rate as stipulated by CBN, when you used to do the math for the combination of the two pof shows she has more than sufficient. Alternatively, she can get extra money from her parents and get a gift deed for it that they gave her as a gift for her relocation plans

Permit me to add my 1 cent.

I think she should do both. That way, there will be no route of escape for them.

The key lesson in JesusDWay's point is that one should not allow the Visa Officer(s) any room to "think" for us.

Good evening house.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
JesusDWay:

Wow mehn thanks so much. She'll submit the loe, PoF and conversion pages straight away via case specific enquiry.

Do you know how it worked out for those with similar cases?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 10:36pm On Apr 06, 2016
hello house. two questions please. can a family with two different job skills create two profiles, with husband as principal applicant as one application and the wife as principal applicant for the second? Other question is, my international passport expires in about a months time, can i enter the express entry pool now and when i renew the passport i do an update? As after my 3rd ielts i had LRSW 8877. Can't waste this result and all the money spent so far writing tests.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimaXYZ: 10:45pm On Apr 06, 2016
Doggys:
hello house. two questions please. can a family with two different job skills create two profiles, with husband as principal applicant as one application and the wife as principal applicant for the second? Other question is, my international passport expires in about a months time, can i enter the express entry pool now and when i renew the passport i do an update? As after my 3rd ielts i had LRSW 8877. Can't waste this result and all the money spent so far writing tests.

Both can enter. But why not focus on the applicant with the most points?

Because you guys would have to rescind one assuming both of you receive an invitation. That slot could have gone to someone badly in need of nomination.

You can enter the pool as you work to renew your passport. But I think it would be best to renew it quickly before you enter. That tends to lessen the workload on applicants.

My 1 kobo.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 10:50pm On Apr 06, 2016
hello house,is it okay to have experience different from that of first degree,like a geologist working in a financial/Investment company and having such experience and having ECA for Geology?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:57pm On Apr 06, 2016
Fortissimo:

Wow mehn thanks so much. She'll submit the loe, PoF and conversion pages straight away via case specific enquiry.

Do you know how it worked out for those with similar cases?

Didn't read any feedback on them, it's just my own double cent I gave. Meanwhile, those case officers can make mistake sometimes, maybe if she has time, she should request for GCMS Notes, it will reveal how exactly the case officer arrived at that decision and will better help her reply. It costs 5dollars, if she has someone there, let them so it for her fast so she can package a convincing reply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 10:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
Beem4cupid:
Hello All, I really need your advice. I work for a bank and they are not willing to issue a bank balance certificate as required by CIC been a staff. I am thinking of using my other accounts in either gtb or diamond but they are all savings. Please, what are my options here.

Savings account is acceptable but, don't lodge a lump sum into it to avoid stories that touch the heart, do it piecemeal
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 06, 2016
JesusDWay:

Didn't read any feedback on them, it's just my own double cent I gave. Meanwhile, those case officers can make mistake sometimes, maybe if she has time, she should request for GCMS Notes, it will reveal how exactly the case officer arrived at that decision and will better help her reply. It costs 5dollars, if she has someone there, let them so it for her fast so she can package a convincing reply.

I think we'll do that. She has a colleague in saskatchewan. Thanks so much, sir.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:02pm On Apr 06, 2016
Doggys:
hello house,is it okay to have experience different from that of first degree,like a geologist working in a financial/Investment company and having such experience and having ECA for Geology?

Its ok. Your work experience is what matters most not whether there's a relation between your studies and your occupation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:03pm On Apr 06, 2016
Fortissimo:

I think we'll do that. She has a colleague in saskatchewan. Thanks so much, sir.

All thanks to God
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 06, 2016
JesusDWay:

All thanks to God

Just saw that it takes 30days to get the notes. She has to submit the documents within thirty days. She has sent a CSE with the detailed pof and got an automated mail that they'd get back to her in 10 working days.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 11:22pm On Apr 06, 2016
*modified

irondome, JesusDWay, dupyshoo, SlowlybtSurely, zandora, other gurus in the house.

We just received a Letter of Advice to Apply....didn't know Manitoba PNP is now opened shocked

This still looks like a dream because we submitted the EOI just few days ago and wasn't expecting a response so quickly....

Thanks very much for taking your time to give suggestions, advice and recommendations. May God grant our hearts' desires and bless our endeavours.

Appreciation to irondome for encouraging us to rewrite IELTS just when we seem to be losing hope in the process.

While trying to "process" this information and reading up on the required documents, I want to ask the following questions because I know that this is only the beginning:

-What is required to prove that someone is a close relative e.g. cousins?

-Do we have to provide work reference for every organization that we have worked with? I have changed job a few times while my wife has worked with the same entity for about 8 years.

-Beyond those documents listed on their website, what other salient things to look out for? Practical suggestions?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 11:32pm On Apr 06, 2016
JesusDWay:

Savings account is acceptable but, don't lodge a lump sum into it to avoid stories that touch the heart, do it piecemeal

lol....what if its a gift? are you still expected to do it in piecemeal?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:31am On Apr 07, 2016
If you have adequate proof Itz a gift...
iphie25:

lol....what if its a gift? are you still expected to do it in piecemeal?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 8:45am On Apr 07, 2016
JesusDWay:

Thank you. I am actually thinking of submitting the statement of account for my salary account at the bank I work which has the lump sum alongside the letter from any of the other banks. This is to show the source of the lump sum. What do you think? Also, does either gtb or diamond give the bank letter as required by CIC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 9:01am On Apr 07, 2016
WoodcrestMayor:
If you have adequate proof Its a gift...
Ok...asides a gift deed and bank statement showing the transfer...what other docs can be furnished?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 9:44am On Apr 07, 2016
hi all.
@fortissimo i think the issue was that the other investment of 464k may have been seen by the officer as not "unencumbered" funds and that they may not be readily available. so s/he most likely worked with the fixed deposit which would obviously have stated a date of availability and with oanda that comes to CAD10,381.00 which is below the minimum required amount.
I would advise that she liquidates that 464k investment and add it to her available funds and submit an updated total balance and then write a cover letter explaining that she had included that investment as pof earlier with all d necessary documentation and then she can do the conversion as jesusdway suggested and put in a document showing the oanda conversion rate also.
@bosypumpin, 126 is awarded for masters/professional degree. so if you select the bachelors degree level, you should be awarded 112 i believe.
@iphie25, funds given to you as a gift can be deposited as a lump sum provided a letter of explanation is given to that effect.
@doggys, kindly renew your international passport first. you are allowed to renew your passport up to 3 months before it expires.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 07, 2016
Thanks vcole.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:01am On Apr 07, 2016
2 more days for my application to reach 6 month mark and no PPR yet. I am sooo fed up.

I feel like crying....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 07, 2016
Fortissimo:
Thanks vcole.

vcole please confirm that she can send the updated PoF via a case specific enquiry.

Cc jesusdway, zandora
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 07, 2016
dupyshoo:
2 more days for my application to reach 6 month mark and no PPR yet. I am sooo fed up.

I feel like crying....

I don't think you should worry. If they wanted to reject you, they'd have done so since. So have faith. My 2cents
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 10:11am On Apr 07, 2016
I am not sure but how did the case officer ask for it to be sent?
Fortissimo:

vcole please confirm that she can send the updated PoF via a case specific enquiry.

Cc jesusdway, zandora
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 10:11am On Apr 07, 2016
chai! maybe in 2 days you would just be dancing shoki oh! stay positive.
dupyshoo:

I feel like crying....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.