Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 - Education (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 (260072 Views)

UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2016/2017) / Direct Entry Admissions/quest For A Second Degree / Rsust Supplementary/direct Entry Admissions For 2015/2016 Academic Session Out.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2016
kaysy:

If You'r going for DE
JAMB Regularization is NOT for those who did ND part time but for those who did Nd Full time but their institutions did not send their names to JAMB as at when they were offered ND admission, hence their ND admission status is not yet showing on JAMB site.
If u'r going for HND
JAMB Regularization is for the set of people stated above and also those who did ND part time but have returned for HND full time and would be required to go for NYSC.
These are the only 2 categories of people that requires JAMB regularization. Anyway, many Nigerian youths have been so mislead such that they dnt know the truth at all, even some staffs of some institutions dnt even know what JAMB Regularization is, so they just tell their students anything.

But why do u really have to give information u know absolutely nothing about? Why not just inquire before dishing false information? This habit can really relinquish determination and equally kill dreams. I'm very unhappy with ur post tonight, it saddens me.

I studied a part time programme in the polytechnic and I got regularised. I used the new jamb regularisation number for DE admission and today, I'm a bonafide student of the university of Lagos. Imperative to repeat that I did a part tym programme in the polytechnic and got regularised.

For aspirants who did part tym, ur case is no different from that full tym student who doesn't have a jamb admission letter from the onset. U all are gonna be regularised together without segregation of any programme.

Simply march to ur administration building and make inquiry about how to go about it.

I'm very sorry I haven't been there to really contribute but so far, I see things are going smoothly. Never give up pls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 06, 2016
kaysy:

NCE students who gained full time admission and their names are not yet on JAMB site also fall into the category of my first statement. Now saying PT students needs regularization for DE is the point where confusion is heating the brains of many Nigerian youths which i can see u'r one of them, if i may ask, what do u understand by the word regularization? What did u do wrong that u wana regularize?... Listen, its just so pathetic that Nigerian youths lacks critical thinking faculty. Someone who did ND part time has no academic record with JAMB, now u wana go for DE, all u need is a fresh registration not a continuation frm previous registration, both some who did a fresh reg and someone who continued with their former JAMB Reg number will still be issued a new JAMB Reg number at the end of the reg. The new reg number or the old one can be used for NYSC as long as it displays on JAMB site that u've been offered admission.

Brother, u're confuse. Unfortunately, u made ur opinion or thought appear too real that aspirant may not easily argue.

Be informed sir that a previous jamb reg number has nothing to do with regularisation. Whether u have one or not, u will be regularised as soon as ur school sends ur details to effect the process with jamb.

As a matter of fact sir, to effect the regularisation, only the matric number and name is required. This means for any candidate to need regularisation, the previous number is inconsequential and a new one is to be generated.

BTW sir, have u ever been regularised?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 06, 2016
LARRYDKING:

Brother, u're confuse. Unfortunately, u made ur opinion or thought appear too real that aspirant may not easily argue.

Be informed sir that a previous jamb reg number has nothing to do with regularisation. Whether u have one or not, u will be regularised as soon as ur school sends ur details to effect the process with jamb.

As a matter of fact sir, to effect the regularisation, only the matric number and name is required. This means for any candidate to need regularisation, the previous number is inconsequential and a new one is to be generated.

BTW sir, have u ever been regularised?

Your first paragraph here is the reason why I decided not to argue with him. You know when a confused person is trying to convince others cool

Plus say the guy wan sell him market by force grin
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Rayshell24(f): 10:41pm On Jun 06, 2016
Pprovost:

Your first paragraph here is the reason why I decided not to argue with him. You know when a confused person is trying to convince others cool

I taya ooo. I'm an NCE part time std and remember vividly dat back den in sch we were asked 2 pay for jamb regularization cos our result does nt carry part time woteva on it, we are considered as full-timers. So, y wud u now give info dat wud discourage pple frm doing d necessary. D examples he gave above, d stds used "other dip", is it possible 2 go beyond d ist stage wtout providing d reg numba? Its either u provide d numba or choose "other dip" or any other available option. Candid advice 2 those dat are willing 2 make use of it, if u av d means b it part-time or full-time std, go for ur jamb regularizattion in d sch u graduated frm if u dnt av it yet. And if it isn't possible go for d "other dip" choice nd wt God by ur side all will b well. Only ur sch can ascertain u if u need 2 b regularised or not. Please(Biko,Ejo) dnt b misled.

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Rayshell24(f): 10:41pm On Jun 06, 2016
Pprovost:

I taya ooo. I'm an NCE part time std and remember vividly dat back den in sch we were asked 2 pay for jamb regularization cos our result does nt carry part time woteva on it, we are considered as full-timers. So, y wud u now give info dat wud discourage pple frm doing d necessary. D examples he gave above, d stds used "other dip", is it possible 2 go beyond d ist stage wtout providing d reg numba? Its either u provide d numba or choose "other dip" or any other available option. Candid advice 2 those dat are willing 2 make use of it, if u av d means b it part-time or full-time std, go for ur jamb regularization in d sch u graduated frm if u dnt av it yet. And if it isn't possible go for d "other dip" choice nd wt God by ur side all will b well. Only ur sch can ascertain u if u need 2 b regularised or not. Please(Biko,Ejo) dnt b misled.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 06, 2016
Pprovost:

The thing pain me as the guy dey write with confidence misleading a lot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 07, 2016
Aydotlarrydave:
Habioye... please do u knw anything about Yabatech degree programmes....

I have no idea
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by PetrockGap: 7:35am On Jun 07, 2016
Graduated from Auchi Federal Polytechnic, Auchi

Course; Computer Science

Choice of school; Unilorin

Note: D.E with thesame choice of skul should pls hook me up on 09050304928 (whatsapp)
333bad16 (BBM)
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by kaysy(m): 10:33am On Jun 07, 2016
Its very obvious am arguing with people who has no administrative knowledge of what is happening in the education sector of Nigeria. Maybe i should take time to enlighten u the more cos so many abnormalities has happened over the years and we already have so many products of abnormal processes practiced by some institutions.

Do you know that UTME Number was made a requisite for DE registration in 2015? it wasn't so in 2014
NYSC also made Valid JAMB Reg Number a requisite for registration from Batch B15. it wasn't so in Batch A15

Over the years, corruption has eaten so deep into the fabrics of our educational system and many of you are products and victims of those processes, though its not your fault cos u're subject to whatever decision made by your school's management. So many institutions have siphoned Billions of Naira with using JAMB Regularization to scam the Govt. Am sure u guys knows that Govt schools are Govt properties and as such they remits their income (fee paid by full time students) to the Govt (which includes acceptance fee & school fee). Part time is a semi-autonomous program which the Govt and the institution shares the profit.

Do u know that the Govt uses JAMB as a central processing unit to identify the total number of students admitted under the full time bases? This means that all of you who gained ND Full time admission and doesn't have JAMB admission letter, your schools shared your school fees and acceptance fee among themselves and your money never got to the Govt because JAMB does not have your record that you've been admitted to a school. Only Yabatech alone was audited and found to have siphoned over N1.6B in the last 7years, i dont know how much your school could have been audited and found to have looted. (Maybe you should do the findings)

What they do is, after giving u backyard admission and ate your money without the Govt knowing, they'll still wait for u to come back for regularization then they'll eat from u again.

Ordinarily, anyone who gains full time admission should be able to print their JAMB admission letter, in the case where the school offered u a different course from that which u selected in JAMB, then they will need to regularize that candidate within 2weeks and the candidate should be able to print their admission letter before going for screening. (Corruption changed everything which is what we have today and many of you are product of that dirty system)

The same greediness and corruption in the system made these same school managements to include Part time for JAMB Regularization (which is not supposed to be) do u know why? because they know how much they'l make from it. The actual cost of JAMB Regularization at JAMB Head Office, Abuja is same amount of UTME scratch card for that year (maybe between N4,500 - N5,500) but some schools charges as high as N8,000. If u calculate lets say N8,000 - N5,500 = N2,500. Multiply N2,500 by maybe 3000 part time students enrolled for regularization in a year by a school, u'l have N7,500,000. that what ur school makes from u people and remember, some schools charges more than N8,000 for regularization. In a normal sane system, part time students does NOT have any business with JAMB Regularization but in an insane system which is where many here came from, their school saw it as an avenue to make money and who are the students to question them.

NOTE: They don't indicate that u did part time when submitting your names to JAMB, so JAMB doesn't know that this students should not be regularized. Besides, there was also corruption in JAMB as well.

Now, This Buhari Govt came in and saw the magnitude of corruption in the system and they said NO this has to stop, currently there are new decisions and policies being made by the Govt to curtail these occurrences such as scraping the Post UTME, Now JAMB has all the powers to admit students into institutions based on the student's score and the institution's carrying capacity then every student admitted on full time bases MUST get their JAMB admission letter immediately, whether they changed their courses in the school or not. JAMB Regularization is gradually being phased off due to the level of abuse on it by most schools, thats why many here are still waiting for their Registration Number which may come or may not come.

In conclusion, when it comes to issues concerning JAMB Regularization, NYSC e-Registration and so on, i think am in a better position to enlighten many of u cos u people behave this way cos u were born in a corrupt Nigeria so u have to behave as such.

Am not supposed to let you people know what is going on at the top, but i've been forced to cos u guys argue out of ignorance and i forgive ur ignorance.

Below is a sample picture of JAMB Regularization Portal
The second image below registered for JAMB De 2015 without Regularization, today he's a student of UNILAG. verify this on JAMB Website using his JAMB Reg Number on the screen.

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 07, 2016
PetrockGap:
Graduated from Auchi Federal Polytechnic, Auchi

Course; Computer Science

Choice of school; Unilorin

Note: D.E with thesame choice of skul should pls hook me up on 09050304928 (whatsapp)
333bad16 (BBM)

☝☝☝
I studied computer science also @ Kwara State Polytechnic
And my 1st choice university is Unilorin
08164451363 - Whatsapp
Welcome on Board
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by PetrockGap: 11:32am On Jun 07, 2016
09050304928[color=#990000][/color]

Pls I need info,
I'm an Aspirant to Unilorin

Computer science,
Kindly add me on
09050304928 (whatsapp)
333bad16 (BBM)
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2016
kaysy:
Its very obvious am arguing with people who has no administrative knowledge of what is happening in the education sector of Nigeria. Maybe i should take time to enlighten u the more cos so many abnormalities has happened over the years and we already have so many products of abnormal processes practiced by some institutions.

Do you know that UTME Number was made a requisite for DE registration in 2015? it wasn't so in 2014
NYSC also made Valid JAMB Reg Number a requisite for registration from Batch B15. it wasn't so in Batch A15

Over the years, corruption has eaten so deep into the fabrics of our educational system and many of you are products and victims of those processes, though its not your fault cos u're subject to whatever decision made by your school's management. So many institutions have siphoned Billions of Naira with using JAMB Regularization to scam the Govt. Am sure u guys knows that Govt schools are Govt properties and as such they remits their income (fee paid by full time students) to the Govt (which includes acceptance fee & school fee). Part time is a semi-autonomous program which the Govt and the institution shares the profit.

Do u know that the Govt uses JAMB as a central processing unit to identify the total number of students admitted under the full time bases? This means that all of you who gained ND Full time admission and doesn't have JAMB admission letter, your schools shared your school fees and acceptance fee among themselves and your money never got to the Govt because JAMB does not have your record that you've been admitted to a school. Only Yabatech alone was audited and found to have siphoned over N1.6B in the last 7years, i dont know how much your school could have been audited and found to have looted. (Maybe you should do the findings)

What they do is, after giving u backyard admission and ate your money without the Govt knowing, they'll still wait for u to come back for regularization then they'll eat from u again.

Ordinarily, anyone who gains full time admission should be able to print their JAMB admission letter, in the case where the school offered u a different course from that which u selected in JAMB, then they will need to regularize that candidate within 2weeks and the candidate should be able to print their admission letter before going for screening. (Corruption changed everything which is what we have today and many of you are product of that dirty system)

The same greediness and corruption in the system made these same school managements to include Part time for JAMB Regularization (which is not supposed to be) do u know why? because they know how much they'l make from it. The actual cost of JAMB Regularization at JAMB Head Office, Abuja is same amount of UTME scratch card for that year (maybe between N4,500 - N5,500) but some schools charges as high as N8,000. If u calculate lets say N8,000 - N5,500 = N2,500. Multiply N2,500 by maybe 3000 part time students enrolled for regularization in a year by a school, u'l have N7,500,000. that what ur school makes from u people and remember, some schools charges more than N8,000 for regularization. In a normal sane system, part time students does NOT have any business with JAMB Regularization but in an insane system which is where many here came from, their school saw it as an avenue to make money and who are the students to question them.

NOTE: They don't indicate that u did part time when submitting your names to JAMB, so JAMB doesn't know that this students should not be regularized. Besides, there was also corruption in JAMB as well.

Now, This Buhari Govt came in and saw the magnitude of corruption in the system and they said NO this has to stop, currently there are new decisions and policies being made by the Govt to curtail these occurrences such as scraping the Post UTME, Now JAMB has all the powers to admit students into institutions based on the student's score and the institution's carrying capacity then every student admitted on full time bases MUST get their JAMB admission letter immediately, whether they changed their courses in the school or not. JAMB Regularization is gradually being phased off due to the level of abuse on it by most schools, thats why many here are still waiting for their Registration Number which may come or may not come.

In conclusion, when it comes to issues concerning JAMB Regularization, NYSC e-Registration and so on, i think am in a better position to enlighten many of u cos u people behave this way cos u were born in a corrupt Nigeria so u have to behave as such.

Am not supposed to let you people know what is going on at the top, but i've been forced to cos u guys argue out of ignorance and i forgive ur ignorance.

The second image below registered for JAMB De 2015 without Regularization, today he's a student of UNILAG. verify this on JAMB Website using his JAMB Reg Number on the screen.

Lol.... *claps for him* cool
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Fr3nly(m): 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2016
pls can gain admission into unilorin to study geology i had 5point in my ijmb =d,e,e and i also use uniben for computer science.I will appreciate it if u can put me through.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Fr3nly(m): 3:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
pls can i gain admission into unilorin to study geology i had 5point in my ijmb =d,e,e and i also use uniben for computer science.I will appreciate it if u can put me through.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
kaysy:

whether the system is corrupt or not, all I'm trying to establish which u've finally acceded is the fact that part tym students can be regularised. I was regularised for #5,000 only.

FYI, I paid for regularisation in 2013 but later effected in 2015. We were asked to pay when I was in ND1. It means there had been plans for regularisation and institutions were already aware of it even before the year u stated above.

Maybe u don't know, regularisation is legitimate for part tym graduates too. I'll take my tym to explain a few things to u. The major reason for introducing regularisation was because in previous years, candidates were in the habit of obtaining multiple forms and making several reg. The board got aware and devised this means to reduce such act which they termed to be criminal in nature. That birth the introduction of regularisation which has curbed the practice of making multiple registration.

The other diploma issue for candidates that possess national diploma has also been frowned at by jamb. Ogun state jamb office will reject any of such registration, I learnt it is been collected in other states.

Another reason for introduction was due to many candidates who use fake result for admission. If other diploma is been accepted, it simply means jamb's order has not taken it full effect.

Ask questions, I'll be glad to explain things to u.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Papacypaul(m): 6:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
MR KAYSY IS RIGHT IN ALL REGARDS, AND DONT BE DETERRED MR KAYSY.IGNORANCE HAS NO BOSS.

FINALLY OBTAINED MY 3RD & LAST D.E FORM YESTERDAY,Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University ,Bauci B.eng(CIVIL ENGINEERING) so if you choose atbu ,lets talk..its obvious we are waiting for admissn list straight away as there is no postd.e,no submission of transcript and knw acceptance fee.

~oladele paul HND2 CIVIL ENG THE POLYTECHNIC,IBADAN
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Papacypaul(m): 7:04pm On Jun 07, 2016
I MEAN TO QU0TE MR KAYSY
But jamb is stupid in some regards ,though am admittd in 2010 to polyib but now in hnd2 strictly because i waited at home for a due to DE saga, i can tell you that since 2011 at main campus of polyib virtually all fulltime student name are not submitted to jamb the reason i dont know.
As you knw,hnd consist of ND FULLTIME & ND PART TIME ,for nysc saga now both 2011 upward full time and part time studnt will pay 7k for regularization...where am going is am priveledge to saw a DEite that wanna register yesterday and i think he graduated from one college of education in OSI ELE,though he paid for regularisation and gotten the new pin(the new reg number) on getting to the point of validating the reg number its displaying 'WRONG PIN' which disturb d guy morale.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Papacypaul(m): 7:21pm On Jun 07, 2016
[quote author=kaysy post=46349513]Its very obvious am arguing with people who has no administrative knowledge of what is happening in the education sector of Nigeria. Maybe i should take time to enlighten u the more cos so many abnormalities has happened over the years and we already have so many products of abnormal processes practiced by some institutions.

The fact we always be fact be,there is no middle standard. Am a Non conformist but i must tell you i agree totally with you.That what i called SANER argument,next time you dont engage with those that are not ready to learn.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Aydotlarrydave(m): 2:23pm On Jun 08, 2016
klassicbiggy:
Federal Polytechnic, ilaro HND Form is out.......
How much is it bro?... cz the amount is not on the site.. I have checked
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by kaybela: 2:52pm On Jun 08, 2016
Harbioye:

☝☝☝
I studied computer science also @ Kwara State Polytechnic
And my 1st choice university is Unilorin
08164451363 - Whatsapp
Welcome on Board

Pls add me DE aspirants. Unilorin 09054717850
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Aydotlarrydave(m): 6:37pm On Jun 08, 2016
Any FUTMINNA aspirants in the house?.... [/color]show face pls[color=#990000]
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by jbreezy: 7:46pm On Jun 08, 2016
Holmart, macloded, yoboyfwend,,,,cum here ooooh,,,,ib poly don dey on strike ooooh,,,,,chai,,,wch kine life b diz
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by YoBoyfwend(m): 8:29pm On Jun 08, 2016
jbreezy:
Holmart, macloded, yoboyfwend,,,,cum here ooooh,,,,ib poly don dey on strike ooooh,,,,,chai,,,wch kine life b diz
lobatan... E don finish
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by ezesun(m): 9:42pm On Jun 08, 2016
YoBoyfwend:
lobatan... E don finish
hmmmmmmm
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by YoBoyfwend(m): 10:06pm On Jun 08, 2016
ezesun:
hmmmmmmm
hmmm for?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Gkennyz94: 11:18pm On Jun 08, 2016
[quote author=Aydotlarrydave post=46386849] How much is it bro?... cz the amount is not on the site.. I have checked[

its 12,800
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by suleyoung(m): 12:56pm On Jun 09, 2016
[quote author=Gkennyz94 post=46400454][/quote] just for HND form?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by pweetychyka(f): 1:31pm On Jun 09, 2016
[quote author=Gkennyz94 post=46400454][/quote]

1 full session school fees in UNIBEN for non-science students
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Aydotlarrydave(m): 1:42pm On Jun 09, 2016
STUDENTS would be admitted to Universities based on JAMB & O'LEVEL Result without POST-UTME
by maxtrek on 9 hours ago
It is no longer news that the post utme of most universities has been cancelled (except those that have been written).
Many aspirants have been wondering how the Universities would use their utme score to get their aggregate score.
Many have concluded that they would increase the cutoff to 250, 280 or whatsoever. But this is not the case.
It's your O'level result that would be used to get your cut-off
C6-2pt, C5-4pt, C4-6pt, B3-8pt, B2-10pt, A1-12pt
How to calculate your aggregate score-
1. Sum up all the points corresponding to the grades you have in your O'level
2. Divide the UTME Score by 8
3. Sum up 1 and 2
4. Divide by 110
5. Multiply by 100
Example-
UTME Score-230 O'level results- A1,B2,B3,C4 and C6
1. 230 divided by8=29
2. A1=12points
B2-10points
B3-8points
C4-6points
C6-2points
Total=38 points
3. 29+38=67
4. 67/100=0.61
5. 0.61 x 100=61%
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Frezhkid10(m): 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2016
kaysy:

If You'r going for DE
JAMB Regularization is NOT for those who did ND part time but for those who did Nd Full time but their institutions did not send their names to JAMB as at when they were offered ND admission, hence their ND admission status is not yet showing on JAMB site.
If u'r going for HND
JAMB Regularization is for the set of people stated above and also those who did ND part time but have returned for HND full time and would be required to go for NYSC.
These are the only 2 categories of people that requires JAMB regularization. Anyway, many Nigerian youths have been so mislead such that they dnt know the truth at all, even some staffs of some institutions dnt even know what JAMB Regularization is, so they just tell their students anything.
..when I got admission into yabatech.. My reg no was showing admitted in jamb portal..and I was also able to print my admission letter...will I still do regularization

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (118) (Reply)

List Of Universities, Polytechnics And Colleges Of Education In Nigeria / Delta State University (DELSU), Abraka Thread / Lasu 2014/2015 Admission process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.