Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,724 members, 7,862,301 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:29 PM

Eagles Chance Still Open For Haruna-oliseh? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eagles Chance Still Open For Haruna-oliseh? (466 Views)

"Eagles Door Still Open For Enyeama" — Rohr / I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr / Abdul Haruna Slumps & Dies During Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eagles Chance Still Open For Haruna-oliseh? by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Eagles Chance Still Open for Haruna
[/size]
Head coach of the Nigeria national team, Sunday Oliseh, says Lukman Haruna still has a future with the Super Eagles.
Haruna was substituted after 36 minutes in Nigeria’s 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) qualifier against Tanzania in Dar es Salaam on September 5.
The midfielder was subsequently left out of the side that beat Niger Republic 2-0 in an international friendly in Port Harcourt on September 8.
He has also been omitted from the 25-man squad of players called up for October’s internationals against Congo DR and Cameroon.
Oliseh has now revealed that his latest decision should not be interpreted as tantamount to sounding the death knell on the 24-year-old’s international career.
“If I had not made that change (in the fixture against Tanzania), we would have lost that game because the midfield did not have the triangle in front of it.
“I would have made the change earlier but I did not want to destroy my compatriot.
“However, when things did not get any better, I had to put the interest of the country first.
“(Afterwards) I told (Haruna) what he did not do right. It’s now up to him to work on it.
“If he works on it, he will be selected for subsequent matches,” Oliseh told supersport.com.
Haruna has scored once in seven league matches for Russian club, FC Anzhi Makhachkala this season.
He has been capped eight times by Nigeria at senior level.
[/b]

ng.supersport.mobi/football/super-eagles/news/150925/Eagles_chance_still_open_for_Haruna

My questions are these:- 'what criteria does Coach Sunday Oliseh use in measuring and inviting players for national assignment'?
Does Lukeman Haruna really deserve a second chance or perhaps a third chance in the national team, despite his unimpressive showing in our match against Tanzania, a smaller African opponents?
Don't we have other younger and hungrier players in that position to be tried, looking at the fact that Oliseh's mandate is to build for the a solid national team for future?

Re: Eagles Chance Still Open For Haruna-oliseh? by forgiveness: 8:57am On Sep 26, 2015
He should be giving another chance to prove himself. After he was replaced i didn't see any improvement in their game, in short it went from bad to worst.

Try him another players.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Video: Barcelona 2 – 1 Las Palmas [la Liga] Highlights 2015/16 / Chelsea Position And What Fans Have To Say. / Up Gunners, Man U Chelsea Shame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.