Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,248 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr (14221 Views)

Obafemi Martins Rejected $1.5 Million Deal To Play In Saudi Arabia / NFF Tells Rohr To Get Ebere Eze For AFCON 2021 Qualifiers / Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by robosky02(m): 3:21pm On Feb 21, 2017
I’m still open to Super Eagles call up – Obafemi Martins tells Rohr

Former Inter-Milan player, Obafemi Martins, said he has not retired from international career with Nigeria.

Obagoal, who has also played in the US Major League Soccer, now plays for Chinese Super League, CSL, side Shanghai Shenhua.

The 32-year-old said he can still contribute his own quota to the Super Eagles if called up by coach Gernot Rohr. He, however, said he respects the fact that young players need to be given opportunity in the team.

Martins told reporters, “I never am through with international football. If the new coach of Nigeria Gernot Rohr needs me, I will gladly honour his call. I am fitter than ever.

“You have to respect the quality of the young players who are coming through with the national team, they deserve to be given their chance in the team.

“Playing in China is way higher than in the past, we now have top model professionals in the league, so it’s no longer a case of if you go to China, you are winding down your career.”

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
http://dailypost.ng/2017/02/21/im-still-open-super-eagles-call-obafemi-martins-tells-rohr/

1 Like

Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by mokane28: 3:30pm On Feb 21, 2017
wow i almost made it to being the first to comment ever on nairaland, wish myself better luck next time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by wizzlyd(m): 3:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
grin

2 Likes

Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by koolcat: 3:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
na wah oo...just when i had to opportunity to FTC....#weeping

1 Like

Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by lizdammy: 3:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
ok
Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by Kennyodinye(m): 3:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
See This Old Man....oga Make you and Yakubu Go Rest

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by recievesense: 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2017
football age

1 Like

Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by donfemo(m): 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2017
This guy that cannot play anything. self acclaimed Obagoal. How many goals him get sef

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by arowstev2000: 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2017
Abeg stay ur china

1 Like

Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2017
Such is life.I remembered when Martins was on fire at Inter Milan and NFF keeps begging him to play for Nigeria. He did a lot of shakara before accepting. Now he is the one begging for invite

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by massinola(m): 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
if bubu can come back to lead the leaders of tomorrow, why can't you? my brother you are fit

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by airforce1pikin(m): 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
Lolz... grin oga your time don pass
Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by InsanePsycho(m): 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
He wants to play the walking stick cup abi? undecided
Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by mightymine(m): 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
Uncle martins please just forget it. Time for youth to shine
Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by viexcey(f): 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
you go wait die be that nah.
Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
cheesy
Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by robosky02(m): 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2017
Obafemi Akinwunmi Martins (born 28 October 1984) is a Nigerian footballer who plays as a forward for Shanghai Greenland Shenhua and the Nigeria national team. He is known for his speed on the ball. After leaving Nigeria for Italy at age 16, he has since played for a number of top-division clubs around Europe. He began his senior career in 2002 at the Italian Serie A club Inter Milan, before moving to the English Premier League club Newcastle in 2006, and then the German Bundesliga club VfL Wolfsburg in 2009. Having joined Russian Premier League side Rubin Kazan in July 2010, they loaned him to Birmingham City in January 2011.

In club football, Martins has won the Italian Serie A title, the Italian Cup (twice), and the Super Cup, all with Inter. With Birmingham he scored the winning goal in the 2011 Football League Cup Final. He has played European football with Inter, Newcastle and Wolfsburg, winning the UEFA Intertoto Cup with Newcastle. His highest scoring league seasons so far have seen him score 11 goals in the 2004–05 Serie A, and 17 in both the 2006–07 English Premier League and 2014 MLS. In international football, Martins has been in the Nigerian squad for the Africa Cup of Nations in 2006, 2008 and 2010, and for the FIFA World Cup in 2010. He played for Seattle Sounders FC of Major League Soccer from 2013 to 2015, scoring 40 goals, before moving on to China.

6 Likes

Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by pecoprince: 3:34pm On Feb 21, 2017
robosky02:

Former Inter-Milan player, Obafemi Martins, said he has not retired from international career with Nigeria.

Obagoal, who has also played in the US Major League Soccer, now plays for Chinese Super League, CSL, side Shanghai Shenhua.

The 32-year-old said he can still contribute his own quota to the Super Eagles if called up by coach Gernot Rohr. He, however, said he respects the fact that young players need to be given opportunity in the team.

Martins told reporters, “I never am through with international football. If the new coach of Nigeria Gernot Rohr needs me, I will gladly honour his call. I am fitter than ever.

“You have to respect the quality of the young players who are coming through with the national team, they deserve to be given their chance in the team.

“Playing in China is way higher than in the past, we now have top model professionals in the league, so it’s no longer a case of if you go to China, you are winding down your career.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/02/21/im-still-open-super-eagles-call-obafemi-martins-tells-rohr/
papa eagles
Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by robosky02(m): 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
mokane28:
wow i almost made it to being the first to comment ever on nairaland, wish myself better luck next time.

actually joint first cheesy
Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by Dygeasy(m): 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
Goke7:
the guy is smart, he knows the super eagles have a bright chance of making the world cup in russia, a win over cameroon in uyo and the eagles are one leg in russia already.

Rohr can give him an opportunity in a friendly and let's see
So, the Super Eagles are now so good that it's sure they'll win Cameroon?
Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by Goke7: 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
the guy is smart, he knows the super eagles have a bright chance of making the world cup in russia, a win over cameroon in uyo and the eagles are one leg in russia already.

Rohr can give him an opportunity in a friendly and let's see
Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by darfay: 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
T
Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by jbcul4ril(m): 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
Oba Goal as a central forward with other young strikers and wingers, Super Eagles forward line will be lit

3 Likes

Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by pecoprince: 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
Papa eagles
robosky02:

Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by GMBuhari: 3:36pm On Feb 21, 2017
not my business
Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by dacovajnr: 3:36pm On Feb 21, 2017
Baba if dem Open Door for u sef..I go take Juju close am! Football don go beyond the "Run pass ball" na "Pass and play" dey reign now..baba goan retire! Haba! Una senior Okocha and Kanu Oooo! angry

1 Like

Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by pecoprince: 3:37pm On Feb 21, 2017
Super chicken
Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by martineverest(m): 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2017
pls,get lost.

Have u forgotten how u were always dodging national call-ups?.

Ur time has pass,bro

1 Like

Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by verygudbadguy(m): 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2017
He still score goals.. He is not too old to play. If Ibrahimovic still shines at 36 years, nothing stops Femi too.

Obagoal

4 Likes

Re: I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr by jbcul4ril(m): 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2017
He should be given a chance since he is fit and scoring regularly for his club. We need all our best leg playing week in week out to qualify the country for the World Cup.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Francisca Ordega Foundation Donates Items To Widows For Christmas. / Osimhen Must Win African Best Player Award – John Ogu Sends Stern Warning To CAF / Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.