Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" (38940 Views)

Nigerians Attack Saraki, Senate Over Osinbajo - Daily Trust / I Was ‘extremely Rich’ Before Becoming Kwara Gov – Saraki / Angry Worshippers Attack Saraki, Emir, Ex-minister, Dignitaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by loverboi(m): 11:38am On Sep 26, 2015
If you think saraki is the only one embezzling money then you are on a long thing. .
If saraki Is the only corrupt person in Nigeria then there is no corruption at all.
my problem is most people have been blinded by tinubu and empire, they make us love who they love and hate who they hate because they have hijacked the media.

Saraki is corrupt just like any other politician in your neighborhood, Kwara us not the only state owing salaries, Osun, Imo and others are also owing but why are they talking about kwara alone, because saraki disobeyed mafia Tinubu.

The most painful thing is this men are not fighting for the public, they are just pretending, even if all saraki's properties are sized today it doesn't in anyway affect the life of the common man, if saraki should leave Senate presidency today, kwarians have nothing to benefit or loose, this politicians have enslaved us instead of us to join hands together and fight against them they are using us against one who they don't like amongst them.

In the next four years nothing will change, nobody will be jailed, Nigeria will witness negligible change.

Few days ago CBN warns that we are at risk of economic recession, nobody is organizing meetings or sensitizing or offering probable solutions among this people because most of them have British passport and would jet out anytime the chips are Down leaving me and you behind.

Let's wise up this cause is not of any benefit to a common man, it's a battle of supremacy and who take the larger share. ..... Go check the pension bills your Tinubu, Ameachi, and others sign to law before they leave office and you will know they don't care about you!

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by philips70(m): 11:40am On Sep 26, 2015
On Saraki's impasse, both the Wailing Wailers, their president and the masturbators are fully united albeit from a different perspective. Only one wretched idiot who eats indomie without eggs as breakfast, lunch and dinner wants to commit suicide for his sake. Such a pity. Chukwudi, you are cursed.

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by docadams: 11:40am On Sep 26, 2015
phyllosilicate:

I looked around and saw that 'men dey vex'. Then I knew Saraki political career is dead. Even pa chukwudi can win Saraki in an election in Ilorin.

Pa Chukwudi, the abaobaku, come and see, come and see.
At least, there's something good to your name. Defeating Saraki in an election will surely elevate your status before accompanying him to the land of his ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by jajainall(m): 11:44am On Sep 26, 2015
The era of exploiting kwarians by the saraki's is over....people don dey wise now smiley
Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by teamchocolate: 11:45am On Sep 26, 2015
ezebunafo:
Senate President Bukola Saraki, who stoned yesterday with rocks and water sachets by an irate mob at the Eid Prayer Grounds in Ilorin, Kwara State, has accused Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of leaving him vulnerable and open to attack, an aide of the governor has told SaharaReporters. Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State

Our source added that Governor Ahmed confided in aides and the traditional ruler of Ilorin that the Senate President made himself the target of furious crowd because he failed to listen to security reports and advice urging him to stay away from Ilorin during the Sallah holiday.

A security source corroborated the governor’s sentiment. According to him, security agencies in the state had been aware of public anger against the governor and Mr. Saraki, especially as information circulated among residents about the size of the senator’s assets and personal wealth. He added that many people in the state, among them unemployed youth and workers who are owed arrears of salaries, felt that the Saraki family had exploited them for years. 

A reporter in the state also told SaharaReporters that rumors circulated widely that Governor Ahmed had given Mr. Saraki N1 billion from Federal bailout funds meant to clear several months of salary arrears to workers. “Whether it’s true or not, the rumors were making the rounds. And they made many people incensed against the governor and Senator Saraki,” the reporter said. 

Other sources in the state disclosed that a few local imams (Islamic preachers), shocked by media reports about Mr. Saraki’s obscene wealth, revealed in his past asset declarations, preached about the senator’s greed.

“Once we heard what the preachers were saying in mosques, we warned the governor [Ahmed] to avoid any public outing as it was clear that people [were] angry and waiting to attack him and his godfather, former Governor Saraki,” one of our security sources said.

He added that, days before the Sallah festivities, security agents had seen piles of stones hidden in drainages around the prayer ground, and told the governor about it.

An aide of the governor told SaharaReporters that Governor Ahmed, in turn, communicated his concerns to Mr. Saraki in Abuja. “But Senator Saraki continued to feel that he was popular in Kwara State, especially in Ilorin,” said the governor’s aide. “He would not agree to exercise caution because he wanted to show his popularity after his ego was bruised at the Code of Conduct Bureau,” the aide added. Mr. Saraki was last week arraigned at a tribunal for false declaration of assets.

Ignoring all security warnings, the Senate President reportedly ordered the governor to arrange a series of high profile events for him in the state capital. The events proposed by the embattled senator included meet and greet at the Ilorin Airport on his arrival in the state. 

A few days before Senator Saraki’s arrival, the airwaves were saturated with radio announcements calling on politicians and civil servants in the state to welcome the former governor at the airport. In the end, the event was abruptly canceled when security agencies warned that protesters were planning to launch an attack on Mr. Saraki at the airport.

SaharaReporters learned that, a night before the Sallah prayers, Governor Ahmed told Senator Saraki that he would not attend Eid prayers at the Ilorin praying grounds on account of adverse security reports. But Mr. Saraki was not deterred, said our sources. Instead, he ordered his aides to scout the length and breadth of Ilorin and surrounding towns in order to mobilize a huge crowd to show up and sing his praises at the prayer grounds.

On Sallah, Governor Ahmed headed for his hometown, avoiding showing up in Ilorin. 

Meanwhile, Mr. Saraki arrived at the venue where he was initially serenaded by a retinue of hired praise singers. However, shortly after the formal prayer events started, with the Chief Imam presiding, and the Emir of Ilorin, Sulu Gambari, next to him, protesters started shouting “Ole! Ole!” (meaning thief in Yoruba). Pandemonium soon ensued as the angry crowd began hurling rocks at the VIP tent. Prayers were aborted as Mr. Saraki and a coterie of other religious and political officials were smuggled out of the prayer grounds. The police, army and civil defense agents had a hectic time clearing the way for the dignitaries to escape. Several eyewitnesses disclosed that the security agents fired teargas and live bullets to scare the rampaging protesters.

In a public relations stunt, Senator Saraki quickly arranged a short press conference where some hired youth chanted his praise  in the background as he spoke for a minute or two before he fled. 

Our source, who is an aide of the governor, told SaharaReporters that Mr. Saraki was also displeased with the governor’s media team for issuing a statement condemning the attack on Senator Saraki and other VIPs. The embattled Senator Saraki felt that the statement undermined his earlier denial that he was not the target of the stone-throwing protesters. 

Mr. Saraki had handpicked Mr. Ahmed to succeed him as the governor of Kwara State. State workers are being owed salaries for the last five months, a development that is seen as the result of Mr. Saraki’s financial mismanagement during his eight-year stint as state governor. 

Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Governor, Who Responds, “We Warned You” | Sahara Reporters
http://saharareporters.com/2015/09/25/ilorin-attack-saraki-upset-kwara-governor-who-responds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by ALISMILE(m): 11:45am On Sep 26, 2015
bugzbunny:

Anytin dat rocks u guys boat...
Atleast imams are no longer mentioning GEJ
Propaganda Govt...smh
I think I ll be proud to associate wit d imams who re courageous enough to mention d criminals in gov and preach against them, unlike pastors who collect N7b and bless criminals in top govt. positions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by AdetoroBukola: 11:52am On Sep 26, 2015
CaptaiinG:

That's the difference between Tinubu and other politians, all Tinubu's company, estate, television station etc are in lagos and I love it like that, it creates jobs for the graduate unlike other politicians that will carry our money abroad and invest, create company there, please who are the people who gonna work there? Are they not the citizens of the country, they are helping other countries economy

Though Tinubu is corrupt too but still helping the country's economy
You are correct. I mean very on point. Everything Tinubu got he invested them into the country.which in a way has put food on some people's table.

5 Likes

Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by frank442: 11:52am On Sep 26, 2015
While the Kwarans will keep on stoning saraki
Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by FtLawi: 11:55am On Sep 26, 2015
Chosen1984:
Its only a matter of time, Saraki Sins and the Sin of his Father would eat him up
insha Allahu. he will not go free.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by belloabdulrazaq(m): 11:55am On Sep 26, 2015
More 2 come shebi na "ole,ole dem dey shout abi? Very soon na catch am,holam,kamashi,e gbamu and jideya Una go hear. Awon ole buruku,shegu barayin wofi,indiori aaanuooffia.
Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by belloabdulrazaq(m): 11:56am On Sep 26, 2015
More 2 come shebi na "ole,ole dem dey shout abi? Very soon na catch am,holam,kamashi,e gbamu and jideya Una go hear. Awon ole buruku,shegu barayin wofi,indioori aaanuooffia.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by FtLawi: 11:57am On Sep 26, 2015
oloyedayo:
will this cause separation between saraki and hamed?
I think is the high time he get His freedom.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by digitsolution: 12:06pm On Sep 26, 2015
Men these guys are desperate.......
Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by maasoap(m): 12:07pm On Sep 26, 2015
humblesteve:
Okay, and when last did Sahara Reports any news about the insurgency going on in the country? because, we have come to understand that alot has been happening and Sahara has never reported any case of Bomb attack. They should be professionals at what they do.
If Sahara Reporters doesn't report bomb blasts, you can take up the challenge now. When they were reporting it, did you ever agree with their reports? Na so so insults. But that doesn't mean they don't report it anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by NemzySeries(m): 12:15pm On Sep 26, 2015
FemiAdenekan:
No kind of soap can wash away the disgrace. His arrogance and greed are what is still keeping him in that office. No iota of shame in him. angry

wat of premier cool, Dettol soap & Dudu osun

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by 4C2215131: 12:32pm On Sep 26, 2015
Kudos to the Imams who did the right thing by preaching against the "virtues" of ill gotten wealth ala Saraki. Our Pastors and GOs' on the other hand would have welcomed him with open arms, creating front row seating space for him and his brigands, they would go into spiritual fits while praying and prophesying for him all the while anticipating a very healthy 'offering' from a bag of filthy , blood-stained and cursed Naira notes. Shame on them!

4 Likes

Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by nayoubiko: 12:34pm On Sep 26, 2015
He think he is a player, can some one tell him, his political race is over, all his dream in politics is over
Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by 1025: 12:35pm On Sep 26, 2015
i thought Saraki denied the stoning? what are we to believe now? liars as leaders? what is the fate of this country? Saraki must be jailed.
Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by homirefacuny(m): 12:37pm On Sep 26, 2015
phyllosilicate:
I am presently in Ilorin and I agree to imams preaching about Saraki.
The mosque I prayed today, though I don't understand yoruba; from the little english the Imam was adding to the yoruba, he mentioned Buhari little assets despite been a governor, petroleum minister and president and ptf chairman. He also said some people around buhari are 'traitors'. He asked people to pray for him. The imam was wise he passed the message without mentioning saraki's name.

I looked around and saw that 'men dey vex'. Then I knew Saraki political career is dead. Even pa chukwudi can win Saraki in an election in Ilorin.

I was also in the prayer ground yesterday, i strongly believe that those who started the attack were hired, but many were happy to join them. The most supprising thing was the i didn't see anyone that felt for him, but I did.

Haha
Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by IYANGBALI: 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2015
ezebunafo:

“But Senator Saraki continued to feel that he was popular in Kwara State, especially in Ilorin,” said the governor’s aide. “He would not agree to exercise caution because he wanted to show his popularity after his ego was bruised at the Code of Conduct Bureau,”

Ignoring all security warnings, the Senate President reportedly ordered the governor to arrange a series of high profile events for him in the state capital. The events proposed by the embattled senator included meet and greet at the Ilorin Airport on his arrival in the state. 
our outgoing senate president na first class mumu. I think he don see him popularity in ilorin now

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by favourlove1: 12:43pm On Sep 26, 2015
I once said on this platform that public was insighted against saraki. Its a very big pity that Apc could go this far. But when Saraki left PDP the Apc goons shielded him until he warn the senate seat. Too bad. As for the people you guys are more gullible than gullibility. U voted for him whole heartedly n now them dey complain. Too late
Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by NemzySeries(m): 12:44pm On Sep 26, 2015
FemiAdenekan:
No kind of soap can wash away the disgrace. His arrogance and greed are what is still keeping him in that office. No iota of shame in him. angry

u sure say a combination of premier cool, Dettol mentor & Dudu osun no go wash saraki disgrace?

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by Icecomrade: 12:45pm On Sep 26, 2015

Kano Riot of 1991 started from Jumaa prayers on a friday.

Jos Riot of 2001 started immediately after Jumaa prayers on a friday.

Sermons from prayer houses should be one that should sought the mind in pain.

A sermon of peace and tolerance.

These sermons of hate,directly/indirectly that spill into violence by our Islamic brothers makes non Muslims see the religion with a very negative perception.
Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by IYANGBALI: 12:47pm On Sep 26, 2015
loverboi:
If you think saraki is the only one embezzling money then you are on a long thing. .
If saraki Is the only corrupt person in Nigeria then there is no corruption at all.
my problem is most people have been blinded by tinubu and empire, they make us love who they love and hate who they hate because they have hijacked the media.

Saraki is corrupt just like any other politician in your neighborhood, Kwara us not the only state owing salaries, Osun, Imo and others are also owing but why are they talking about kwara alone, because saraki disobeyed mafia Tinubu.

The most painful thing is this men are not fighting for the public, they are just pretending, even if all saraki's properties are sized today it doesn't in anyway affect the life of the common man, if saraki should leave Senate presidency today, kwarians have nothing to benefit or loose, this politicians have enslaved us instead of us to join hands together and fight against them they are using us against one who they don't like amongst them.

In the next four years nothing will change, nobody will be jailed, Nigeria will witness negligible change.

Few days ago CBN warns that we are at risk of economic recession, nobody is organizing meetings or sensitizing or offering probable solutions among this people because most of them have British passport and would jet out anytime the chips are Down leaving me and you behind.

Let's wise up this cause is not of any benefit to a common man, it's a battle of supremacy and who take the larger share. ..... Go check the pension bills your Tinubu, Ameachi, and others sign to law before they leave office and you will know they don't care about you!
summarise your long story into a sentence,what are you saying and where do you belong?

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by favourlove1: 12:47pm On Sep 26, 2015
Goodyshoes:
What do you you expect ??
The governor of Kwara state is only trying to play safe.
In this present dispensation, one can only be careful of where he pitches his tent.
Good 'Ol Saraki.......He should have seen it coming.
Nobody wants to go down too.
yes failure is an orphan. Saraki contributed in disgracing Geg n now he is being served the same disgrace with extra plate. Many more loading, if APC insists on hiding you d whirl wind would expose you all. D crying n groaning of the masses has finally reached breaking point
Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by duwdu: 12:52pm On Sep 26, 2015
humblesteve:
Okay, and when last did Sahara Reports any news about the insurgency going on in the country? because, we have come to understand that alot has been happening and Sahara has never reported any case of Bomb attack. They should be professionals at what they do.

They do report on the insurgency regularly, actually. Maybe you're just fixated on those aspects of their reports some people choose to focus on here on Niraland.

Corollary: Visit Sahara Reporters' website to see the full extent of their stories and articles.

Good luck!

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by Jdesilentkiller(m): 1:11pm On Sep 26, 2015
I dont want to sound desperate or anything, but who has Saraki's number or access to his aides? I really want to show my solidarity to our amiable Senate President. I present myself as a tool for Saraki to use...........as long as I will get some millions before the FG confiscate all his assets.
Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by lordmans(m): 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2015
I wonder why some people continue to blame all saraki's ills on the door step of Tinubu. Do dey ever asked themselves if some of these allegations were true or not? Have they ever visited kwara state and see what this vibrant man and his family did to impoverish that state?
Pls the youth need to distant ourselves from crooks who parade themselves as leaders. Wether selective or otherwise anyone of them discovered like we just did should be made to face the guillotine.
Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by poiZon: 1:56pm On Sep 26, 2015
if the story by sahara is anythng to go by then 'our new sheriff' na toygun him dey carry, cos how will the govr dole out 1billion from the bailout fund to his godfather and our sheriff just dey siddon look.....
Outrageous, this is impotency n incompetency at its peak.
I spit on our new sheriff.
Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by sukkot: 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2015
double post
Re: Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" by sukkot: 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2015
Jdesilentkiller:
I dont want to sound desperate or anything, but who has Saraki's number or access to his aides? I really want to show my solidarity to our amiable Senate President. I present myself as a tool for Saraki to use...........as long as I will get some millions before the FG confiscate all his assets.
i have his UK number if that helps. its 01204862397. thats his property in leland lancashire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Will Be My Last Tenure As Senator. MRS Oluremi Tinubu / FIRS Retires All Directors Who Have Served For Eight Years / Governor El-Rufai Carries His Children On His Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.