Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,940 members, 7,814,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals (27393 Views)

Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria / Man Dies Due To Unavailability Of Oxygen In 5 Nigerian Hospitals / Little Girl Dies Of Ear Infection After 3 Lagos Hospitals Failed To Treat Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by freakthingz(m): 8:41am On Sep 26, 2015
blood of jesus.......
hmm my stomach is paining just reading this story
"1000 rats in two days"
it is well

*wanders off to food section for recipes
I must learn to cook by fire or by force

1 Like

Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by hisawesomeness(m): 8:42am On Sep 26, 2015
Oya girls who love eatery... wink

1 Like

Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by Orikinla(m): 8:45am On Sep 26, 2015
[size=18pt]OP, God will continue to bless you and increase you.
And Nairaland, thank you for having this alert on the front page.

Nigerian employers love cheap labour and are the most unhygienic people.
I have eaten UTC bread with sand in it.
Rotten fish at MR BIGGS.
If you see the kitchens and staff toilets of Nigerian fast food restaurants and bakers, you will vomit and never eat their bread again.
NAFDAC should pay surprise visits to inspect their facilities and shut down the dirty, filthy and unhygienic ones.

You buy food for N1, 500 and then end up in the hospital to treat food poisoning with medical bills of over N50, 000!
They are evil and wicked and have done terrible damages to the lives of innocent Nigerians. [/size]

5 Likes

Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by midolian(m): 8:45am On Sep 26, 2015
Greyworld:
Only op take full page
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 26, 2015
TOO. Damm long
Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by LewsTherin: 8:46am On Sep 26, 2015
As usual, some lazy Nigerian reporter prints gist with some people as investigative reporting. If this is true (and I believe there is a lot of truth in the matter) then the names of the offending eateries should have been published so that the lousy government agency in charge is forced to take actions for the good of Nigerians.

Since the press who are the voice of the people do not hold organisations to their standards, the lazy evil servants, sorry civil servants that are to uphold these standards do absolutely nothing!!

1 Like

Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by mimicious(f): 8:46am On Sep 26, 2015
Kingtim:
F**kin long post!
In other news.... My girl friend is pregnant for me.

Congrats
Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 26, 2015
Cook your meals people, more safer.

1 Like

Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by coalcoal1(m): 8:51am On Sep 26, 2015
it's not only restaurants o. i remember a time i wanted to buy suya. the a.boki asked how much i wanted to buy. he turned the other way, brought out his gbola and urinated. without washing his hands, he touched the suya and asked me how much i wanted to buy. nobody told me before i made a u turn

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 26, 2015
I prefer to eat the food in my house n die, than pay for rubbish in a restaurant.
Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by ednut1(m): 8:55am On Sep 26, 2015
MAYOWAAK:
Not too long ago,Chocolate Royals, a swanky restaurant in Victoria Island,Lagos was sealed by NAFDAC for the use of expired ingredients and rotten food items.
barely 2 months later it reopened as cafe royale grin
Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by coalcoal1(m): 8:57am On Sep 26, 2015
na wa for nairaland o. i typed a.boki and it was changed to northerner. hmmm i never knew a.boki was a derogatory word....hmmm
Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by emerged01(m): 9:00am On Sep 26, 2015
too lonnnnng!!!!!!
Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by Sheikwonder(m): 9:05am On Sep 26, 2015
One Idiot will quote the o.p,despite the length of the article.

This is certainly the longest article I've seen on Nairaland.I honestly didn't read till the end.However I think the journalists at Leadership Newspaper may have exaggerated a bit.To say that there were "over 100 rats" in a Fast Food joint is quite hard to believe...

2 Likes

Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by nobleemy2(m): 9:23am On Sep 26, 2015
Will start eatin slow food since fast food can land me to hospital

1 Like

Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by juman(m): 9:26am On Sep 26, 2015
Keneking:
Buhari has a lot to do on this sector

All sectors are really bad.

Tremendous courage and commitment is needed to fix the broken country.
Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by critic007(m): 9:34am On Sep 26, 2015
ednut1:
Nothing happened to the owners or operators of Chocolate royale after the nafdac operation. Now its now cafe royale. Wat a silly country.

You spoke my mind. It's shameful how the case died down overnight. A silly country indeed!
Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by Iwonttell(m): 9:35am On Sep 26, 2015
Na to the carry food from house go office go be d key now o
Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by otiigba1(m): 9:48am On Sep 26, 2015
dabriggs:
The one that shocked me was a lady who makes snacks like buns (Nigerian deep-fried type) and puff-puff. She had these snacks in her glass display cabinet which had flies and little baby cockroaches in it.

To chase away flies and cockroaches that come visiting anytime she displays here snacks, she put some ''piff-paff'' insecticide powder into the glass cabinet. The same cabinet where she had lots of buns and puff-puff. And according to her, she makes sure the powdered insecticide does not touch the snacks. And in her opinion as long as it does not touch the snacks, then all is well and good.

I looked at her like... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
shocked shocked shocked shocked sad shocked shocked shocked that is a ticking time bomb, an accident waiting to happen, any one who sees aĺl that health hazards and still buys the puff puff must be suicidal, again shocked shocked shocked anyway nigerians will believe as long as the puff puff is covered with the blood of jesus, it will not harm them, typical!
Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by gnykelly(m): 9:54am On Sep 26, 2015
this report is based on speculation. this is not a fact finding report no lab test just writing to please or arouse people against fast food. what about mama_put.
Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by otiigba1(m): 9:55am On Sep 26, 2015
freakthingz:
blood of jesus.......
hmm my stomach is paining just reading this story
"1000 rats in two days"
it is well

*wanders off to food section for recipes
I must learn to cook by fire or by force
oh! There is no need to panic as long as the food is covered with the blood of jesus, i think you will not get poisoned undecided, unless you don't have faith/ believe. grin grin
Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 26, 2015
Kingtim:
F**kin long post!

In other news.... My girl friend is pregnant for me.
congratulations.. ur gonna be a father,so happy for you
Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by otiigba1(m): 9:59am On Sep 26, 2015
gnykelly:
this report is based on speculation. this is not a fact finding report no lab test just writing to please or arouse people against fast food. what about mama_put.
Really? How did you come to this conclusion?, and oh! Yes mama puts has far better hygienes than most over hyped so called lush restuarants in nigeria,
Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by Dennis07(m): 10:00am On Sep 26, 2015
Things are happening oooo... Chai
Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by hotice01: 10:01am On Sep 26, 2015
Nigerian girls will not listen
Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by hotice01: 10:01am On Sep 26, 2015
Nigerian girls will not listen tongue
Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by otiigba1(m): 10:06am On Sep 26, 2015
Orikinla:
[size=18pt]OP, God will continue to bless you and increase you.
And Nairaland, thank you for having this alert on the front page.

Nigerian employers love cheap labour and are the most unhygienic people.
I have eaten UTC bread with sand in it.
Rotten fish at MR BIGGS.
If you see the kitchens and staff toilets of Nigerian fast food restaurants and bakers, you will vomit and never eat their bread again.
NAFDAC should pay surprise visits to inspect their facilities and shut down the dirty, filthy and unhygienic ones.

You buy food for N1, 500 and then end up in the hospital to treat food poisoning with medical bills of over N50, 000!
They are evil and wicked and have done terrible damages to the lives of innocent Nigerians. [/size]
Gbam! I don't know you but i find my self always agreeing with almost all your comments on nairaland, you! Always put them nicely and very inteligently, and i enjoy reading your comments they are filled with lots of sense, i am a big fan cheesy keep the comments coming, you sure have a great mind.
Re: How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals by magicminister: 10:11am On Sep 26, 2015
I have been a victim of food poisoning numerous times.
The thing i noticed is that most of these "poison" centres will refuse to show you their kitchen if you request to see it.
Any restaurant that knows what they are doing should be proud to have customers over to their kitchen but that is not the case in the poison centres in Nigeria.

I used to live the fast food life; going to fancy and expensive restaurants and i paid the price.
There was a time i used to fall sick every month.

Nowaday, i try to cook for myself and when things get too hairy, there is someone i invite to cook for me.
The only thing i buy outside now is snacks and i buy it from the restaurants i can trust.

The situation is really appalling.
In the developed world, even the smallest restaurants meets up with standards.
The "street food" in the developed countries are also hygienic.

Everything in Naija just get k-leg..

Lord deliver us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Be Cautious": Ikpeazu Speaks From Isolation Center Over His COVID-19 Infection / Causes Of Excessive Menstrual Bleeding / Coronavirus: Death Toll In Africa Hits 700 As Cases Rise To 13,145

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.